Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2010 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome episode. I'm glad they gave information about Celty sooner rather then later. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Jan 29, 2010 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
i wonder fi shes going to get a head
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jan 29, 2010 11:34 AM

Dec 2007
Finally a step away from the cheerful characters, they get old fast. To me, the most impressive episode yet.
Jan 29, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2007
Oh Shinra you are so damn cute <3

Anyway Celty's story was interesting, can't wait for more~
Jan 29, 2010 11:39 AM
May 2008
Good episode, finally some real info. It appears to me that Selty is using the people she works with, and them vice versa.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 29, 2010 11:41 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked the episode and I came to like Celty even more then I already though maybe I would have made an episode about this character a it later on.
Jan 29, 2010 12:13 PM

Mar 2008
Well actually that I had expected but still it was amazing. I wonder who stole the head, that someone had to know a good trick. I am even more surprised that the Shinra and Selty live together. However, it selfish of him. if he loves her so he should try to regain her head. Unless he only likes her for that she is with him and he does not need more. Perhaps he is afraid that if this happens she will leave him but if she wanted to do she went to before.
Ahhhh I do not know what to think.

Jan 29, 2010 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
I didn't mind this episode. I found it to be pretty interesting. However, I didn't expect something like this to occur so soon if 24 episodes are planned. This seems like something to reveal later on, but then again, who knows what'll happen.
Jan 29, 2010 12:52 PM

Sep 2009
Celty is pretty awesome, personality wise (and being a kick ass Dullahan, too). Glad we got to learn about her already! Tho I'm still waiting for the main plot of this show to kick into gear.

Also: Awwww, Shinra.
Jan 29, 2010 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Someone could tell me what's the purpose of this anime ?
I am loosing interest in this weird story T__T
Jan 29, 2010 1:04 PM
Mar 2009
Interesting background story for Celty, although it was rather weird. To go into her backstory so early though, I guess it's necessary, there's a lot of other characters we don't know much about.

Good thing this is 24 episodes, it'll allow for a good balance of characterization and action.
Jan 29, 2010 1:12 PM

Apr 2008
People looooove weird characters, myself included. Hooray for Shinra.
Jan 29, 2010 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
Interesting episode. Ah, headless fairies are awesome..
Jan 29, 2010 2:05 PM
Nov 2008
I really enjoyed the back story this episode provided. Very interesting, indeed. <.<
Jan 29, 2010 2:13 PM

Aug 2008
That was cool, but I want more Shizuo & Izaya! There the real stars here! oh an also Mikado & Kida. They don't need to explain to much of Celty, since shes suppose to be a mysterious person.

Jan 29, 2010 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
smokes said:
not as awesome as previous episodes but anyway it was nice...
Jan 29, 2010 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
Btw, interesting way to put a review of what has happened before in the middle of the OP ( ¯‿¯)
Could be slightly complicated to live with a woman who doesn't have a head. First, it's a woman, they're complicated. Next, she doesn't have a head. That has to be complicated beyond measure ┐('~`;)┌

However she can't talk. So that makes her slightly easier to live with.

It’s official. Celty is now my favorite character.
Before I thought she was cool, dark and mysterious. And now I find out that shes Irish? HEAR HEAR! As I am an Irishman myself I can’t help but feel glad to see another Irish person in anime.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 29, 2010 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
I <3 Selty.

I have to get used to spelling her name with an 'S' now >_>
Jan 29, 2010 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Oosran said:
Could be slightly complicated to live with a woman who doesn't have a head. First, it's a woman, they're complicated. Next, she doesn't have a head. That has to be complicated beyond measure ┐('~`;)┌
Right-o, didn't think about that : D
Still though, instead of listening, you'd have to read stuff everytime she wants something, which ought to be pretty much all the time, if I'm not mistaken xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 29, 2010 2:54 PM

Apr 2008
Interesting episode! :)

So was it Shinra 's father at the inn that told the aritist guy that what he had seen was a Dullahan, since he was doing that same thing with the pen? But then that would have been before Shinra encountered her on the boat... so maybe he took Celty's head??
Jan 29, 2010 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
Holy crap, Shinra is 24? I thought he was like 17. xD

Anyway, really interesting episode. Selty's past was cool (minus the autopsy part, that was a bit weird).
Jan 29, 2010 3:06 PM

Jul 2009
motoko09 said:
Someone could tell me what's the purpose of this anime ?
I am loosing interest in this weird story T__T

Oi,the best part of the story is not started yet but now whining about how weird the story.Since you are confuse let me tell you the key part of the story

>Celty came to Japan to find her stolen head
>She believe if she get back her head her memory will restored
>Meet the Kishitani family & live with them for 20 years.
>In the mean time, anonymous internet gang Dollars resurface & spreading it's influence over Ikebukoro.
>Other Color Gangs are uneasy about Dollars expansion thus lead to gang wars.

This sums up what are the possible element of the story.Since it's 24 episodes,I predict things will kicking up after ep 6.Ep 1-5/6 is covering volume 1 of novel and actually an introduction but the real deal starting in volume 2 onwards.
Jan 29, 2010 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
I'm no light novel reader but as an avid fan of Baccano I can already tell that things are just being set up for awesome later (and I already think it's awesome so I'm really looking forward to it. Especially with Kagura89's praise)

Anyway, about the episode.

-Uh, hey Shinra dude. I'm just saying, um....I know you're "entranced" and all but uh, she has no head. I'm sure you think that's charming and all but I figured i should let you know that having no head is kinda weird so watching you be all touchy-feely, near-rapey around her is even more weird. I guess this is what they meant by billing this as a "twisted love story."

-I'm realizing that the ED song has one part of the shadows in the shape of a heart around Shinra and Celty. Didn't think that really meant anything until now.

-The ending reveal that Shinra was the one who told the old man that having it with no head was best is just another reason why I love this show.
Jan 29, 2010 3:55 PM

Jun 2009
In deference to this ep, I will avoid cracking the 'character looking for head' joke.
Jan 29, 2010 4:27 PM

May 2009
Interesting backstory indeed. I wonder where Selty's head is, lol... I just love all the characters in this anime, can't wait for more Kida next episode.
Jan 29, 2010 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
Never really expected a backstory and the narration was really good. Selty's past is rather unique.
Jan 29, 2010 4:44 PM

Feb 2009
Less epic than the last episode, but still as epic.

Jan 29, 2010 5:08 PM
Oct 2009
loved the episode!!!

though i thought it was kinda creepy how his dad made him dissect her O_O
i feel bad for Selty and how she lost her head =(

next weeks episode looks even better!!!!
cant wait ^^
Jan 29, 2010 5:17 PM

Jan 2009
nice episode we got to see a nice body XD
Jan 29, 2010 5:39 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
AidanAK47 said:
Oosran said:
Still though, instead of listening, you'd have to read stuff everytime she wants something, which ought to be pretty much all the time, if I'm not mistaken xD

I doubt shes the talkative type. After all if she wants to have a conversion she needs to write an essay. Plus if she starts nagging you all you have to do is not read it. Or if worse comes to worse you can always slap the iphone out of her hands and start stamping it like mad while laughing manically.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 29, 2010 5:43 PM

Jan 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Oosran said:
AidanAK47 said:
Oosran said:
I doubt shes the talkative type. After all if she wants to have a conversion she needs to write an essay. Plus if she starts nagging you all you have to do is not read it. Or if worse comes to worse you can always slap the iphone out of her hands and start stamping it like mad while laughing manically.
Right you are, again : D
Guess she isn't that bad a companion then, eh? : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 29, 2010 5:56 PM

May 2009
Even though the dissection was not very graphic, it was still rather unsettling to watch. Ewww.

Still, nice to get Celty's backstory. And I never would have thought that she had been in Japan for so many years and with Shinra the entire time.
Jan 29, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
Cool back-story, Celty.

Very interesting; so she was not even a human from the start.

Next episode: Narrator is Masaomi (fuck yea)
Jan 29, 2010 6:34 PM

Apr 2008
LOL upgrade from horse to motorcycle xD

Jan 29, 2010 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
backstory of headless rider, a dullahan, a celtic fairy
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 29, 2010 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
boring... wayyyy to many main characters, not liking it AT ALL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Jan 29, 2010 7:38 PM

Apr 2009
interesting execution of the backstory.. i love how shinra narrated it and how he sees celty in his eyes.. this is really good..
Jan 29, 2010 7:42 PM
Jul 2009
Great episode! We learned a lot about Selty and Shinra. Both very interesting characters. I like the fact that Shinra loves Selty. They make a nice couple. XD
Jan 29, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2009
Oosran said:
Funny how Shizuo's such a good guy btw ◔ ◡ ◔

This. Since a lot has already been said about Selty, I'm not going to repeat after everyone xD

She's really a very interesting character. Though pardon me, I prefer men xD I really wanna know what's gonna happen next, and I can't wait for the next episode and for the story to develop.

I wanna know better what type of people are all those characters. And what's really going on. I've spoiled myself with Character information here, but it didn't really tell me much. Though Mikado's spoiler was a ZOMG, WTH.

I think it's a very good idea that there are lots of characters, but they don't show each and every one in every episode, that'd be lame. I love the way the episodes go so far.

And people that are complaining there are too many characters or that they don't understand anything yet, go watch Lucky Star then or similar crap. This show's objectively the best of this season if not of the whole year.
LeeNoriegaJan 29, 2010 8:21 PM
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jan 29, 2010 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
i wish shinra asked me to go somewhere far away with him instead... 8')

total bias, but this is my fave episode so far. ;333;
Jan 29, 2010 9:23 PM

Oct 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Oosran said:
Btw, interesting way to put a review of what has happened before in the middle of the OP ( ¯‿¯)

Euh...what? O_o I thought it was her talking....who was talking then?

Here is another interest...if you have sex with Celty....will you be consumed into the darkness or die? Will you even be able to (I mean the rest of her body looks fine as a woman)? Finally what about her feelings....does she even have some since she saved that girl from suicide it might be that she does thus can she enjoy sexual experiences?
francismeunierJan 29, 2010 9:37 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 29, 2010 10:04 PM

Apr 2008
francismeunier, it was the narrator's voice, which is celty's imaginary voice at the same time (at least ultil they show her properly talking). It was to make things easier for us; reading every word she said would've been boring, being it animated, and not manga style.
// Hearts are wasted, lives are broken.
Jan 29, 2010 11:05 PM

Sep 2009
Great episode...the operation was a little weird to me though. Now I'm looking forward to the continuation of the other main character's story.
Jan 29, 2010 11:08 PM

Oct 2009
Elrondp said:
francismeunier, it was the narrator's voice, which is celty's imaginary voice at the same time (at least ultil they show her properly talking). It was to make things easier for us; reading every word she said would've been boring, being it animated, and not manga style.
Ah I see, so it was the narrator....that's a nice voice then.

Jan 30, 2010 12:46 AM
Jun 2009
quite good...pretty interesting background story...
lvlachineJan 30, 2010 12:51 AM
Jan 30, 2010 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
never would have thought Celty was what she is. i also am slightly confused as to what is the main story line of all of this? or is this some clever thing that weaves them all together?
Jan 30, 2010 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
kawaiimisato said:
never would have thought Celty was what she is. i also am slightly confused as to what is the main story line of all of this? or is this some clever thing that weaves them all together?
I have some feelings about that girl with head scars like someone sewed it back unto her body and Celty.

Jan 30, 2010 2:33 AM

Sep 2009
Celty reminds me of Shiki Rougi a little.
Her past just reminded me of 'Sleepy Hollow'.So she can manupilate the horses soul into any entity?

Tayloroids said:
Holy crap, Shinra is 24? I thought he was like 17. xD
Me too XD

francismeunier said:
kawaiimisato said:
I have some feelings about that girl with head scars like someone sewed it back unto her body and Celty.
The girl has scars on her neck ..

So do we have any guesses about the Dollars group yet?
ValentilnJan 30, 2010 2:36 AM
Jan 30, 2010 2:51 AM

Aug 2008
kawaiimisato said:

Imo (tho I didn't read manga or novel) there won't be any main story. Just like in Baccano!, where you could say all immortals ARE story, here it's inhibitants of ikebukuro. Every character has it's own background, altho none is leading.

Also, I lol'd at Celty's voice. I mean, it's great and all, but it's also Kanbaru's from Bakemonogatari. Those two characters are slightly different after all :p
Jan 30, 2010 3:23 AM

Jul 2009
Niklai said:

Also, I lol'd at Celty's voice. I mean, it's great and all, but it's also Kanbaru's from Bakemonogatari. Those two characters are slightly different after all :p

Slightly? lol

Anyway, I don't even try to figure things out. Just like Baccano! everything will be explained (I think), so i just sit back and enjoy the whole mess :D
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.