Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 14, 2009 9:35 AM

Apr 2009
Makes me wonder when will Kaiji's newfound friends backstab him and rob him blind... but still Kaiji, damn man, it took you too long to realise what obvious from the start, that Tonegawa is a puppet, that the big bad iss the chairman.
BTW talking about the chairman, that geezer really has to die, his speech on sincerity rung true but whether he himself is sincere depends on whether he ever had to endure the tortures he puts others in, he's a depraved sadist either way, but if he's been through it, at least he's a sincere depraved sadist, somehow I doubt it though.
Dec 20, 2009 8:11 PM
Oct 2009
lol what a sadist...but seriously..there are better things to do with money than torturing people..just ask Tiger Woods
Mar 22, 2010 2:46 PM
Jul 2008
I wonder what kind of plan he has now.
Apr 4, 2010 10:07 AM

Dec 2007
That old hag sure is a fucking sadist.
Apr 9, 2010 6:12 AM
Jan 2010
bigjig said:
I love the old chairman's maniacal laugh - he's either the freakiest character of all time or the most moe, I just can't decide!

The chairman, moe?
...what
Sep 20, 2010 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
human bbq FTW
Nov 29, 2010 6:51 AM

May 2010
I knew Kaiji would win but I want to know how he formulated his plan..

But couldn't help to get tensed while watching Kaiji flipped his card..

Liked the monologue and the chairman's "apology and sincerity" issue..

Also, the Roast Kneeling was insane!!

Yet, Tonegawa added more 2 secs of his agony..

Kaiji may have a point that the chairman is his enemy and not Tonegawa but

why can't he just leave.. Anyway, looking forward from his inspiration from

a crushed toilet box..
Feb 17, 2011 8:21 AM
Aug 2008
After the end of steel beam crossing arc, i said this series is over-emotive. well hell yes it is, but this arc was just so damn awesome and sick thing to watch so i recovered my interest to this anime.. piercing the eardrum part itself was enough to make me feel uneasy. I still cant wait to see the last episode though, this series has been just way too lengthy, 16 eps would've been enough.
Sep 3, 2011 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
Oh come one Kaiji! You freaking cut off your ear, get to a fucking hospital. Too much blood loss is making you batshit insane. Take the money and leave goddamnit.
Sep 6, 2011 12:17 AM

Jun 2009
I can't help but think that Kaiji is making a terrible, terrible mistake.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2011 7:42 PM

Oct 2011
Slave was kinda predictable. Wasn't at all shocked on how he did it, either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
Kaiji's strategy wasn't that hard to figure out but it's easy to say that while sitting in front of TV and just watching the series. It would be a much harder tast if we were to be his opponents.

I wonder what ran through Kaiji's head at the end of the episode...

Plus, Tonegawa is a man - I really didn't think he would endure such severe punishment. +1 for him then, lol.
Sep 28, 2012 9:49 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder what Kaiji thought of when he saw the crushed tissue box but he probably should have just took the money and run... and reattach that ear!
Oct 1, 2012 10:25 PM
Jul 2009
Geez Where does kaiji come up with all of his crazy ideas?!

Mar 30, 2013 11:06 AM
Apr 2011
heintsi said:
After the end of steel beam crossing arc, i said this series is over-emotive. well hell yes it is, but this arc was just so damn awesome and sick thing to watch so i recovered my interest to this anime.. piercing the eardrum part itself was enough to make me feel uneasy. I still cant wait to see the last episode though, this series has been just way too lengthy, 16 eps would've been enough.

over-emotive? how do you figure? there's so much stake in all these gambles. to be stoic through all of that would be unrealistic. maybe you've watched too many cool action hero movies.
Jul 3, 2013 2:31 AM
Jul 2012

O.o Lol xD
BlabblabJul 3, 2013 2:36 AM
Sep 14, 2013 8:03 PM

Oct 2011
Holy shit this show is freaking awesome. It has almost everything I could have ever wanted in a psychological thriller. I used to hate the gritty art style, but even that has grown on me lately. These characters are impossible to not love, like seriously. Tonegawa is a true badass for enduring that hellish torture. That chairman, on the other hand, really needs to fucking die. I hope Kaiji will shut him up and finally avenge his friends, and maybe even Tonegawa.

Jan 9, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2013
This show kinda reminds me of saw....
Feb 21, 2014 1:17 PM

May 2013
I used to think that the characters in this show were repulsive, but that chairman just took it to new lengths.

Also, glad to see Kaiji getting some support. He deserves it.
Jun 27, 2014 4:43 AM

Jun 2012
I think Kaiji might actually be a damn genius.
Apr 27, 2015 2:35 PM

May 2014
Sol_Ou said:
I think Kaiji might actually be a damn genius.

A genius will go to the hospital

May 7, 2015 12:36 PM
Nov 2014
Great episode, Tonegawa had balls of steel but he was still an asshole for killing Ishida. Kaiji's new teammates are so much better than Andou and Furuhata.
May 7, 2015 4:02 PM

Jun 2014
The ojisan might be extreme and insane, but his logic behind people who aren't sincere when they are apologizing hits the spot.

Jun 20, 2015 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
JUST TAKE THE MONEY AND LEAVE FFS!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHH
:3
Aug 19, 2015 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
Woaw, this old fart is just raving mad. I hope he dies in an even more horrible way.

Don't tell me he will gamble all the money he just won...
HapHazrDAug 19, 2015 1:59 PM
Aug 20, 2015 2:12 PM
Aug 2011
kie_ said:
TAKE THE MONEY KAIJI AND LEAVE DAMMIT...
Oct 4, 2015 5:53 AM

Jun 2015
I would take the money and leave. The director will die soon anyway due to his age lol
Oct 12, 2015 1:16 PM
Oct 2015
I understand that tonagowa was a prick but he has heart, as in a strong will, not in a loving way. And I can't help respecting people who stay true to their honour or words even if their way is not socially accepted as right. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like kaiji how he was in the beginning. Anyways There's too much political correctness. Just accept them and if you don't like them then don't like them don't need to trash talk them. But just look at his mentor. I'm sure anyone with that old man teaching him would of left or if he couldn't and was taught that way of thinking was the only one way then you too would most probably be the same. I admit the old man is freaky but I do understand he was initially a good guy who wanted to help people then be betrayed by everyone and and how people only pretended to be sincere and alway saying bullshit sob stories and fake apologies to him and used over and over, I'm sure most people at one point in their life has be used or betrayed, unfortunately.i was and I felt like killing them too and if you say otherwise you're lying to yourself. And he's been betrayed so many times so times how you felt over say 50 years I'm sure you wouldn't be the kindest guy either. So I just wish people would cut them some slack. The chairman has a mental illness and its unfortunate but people don't want to have a mental illness it's mostly forced upon them without them even realising and they can't just change. It's sad how people always judge someone for being an ass or evil without trying to understand why their like that but I know a pricks a prick and you can't help not liking them I wouldn't want to be near anyone of these guys, but don't have to say the shit that's been said. But everyone has their own opinions, thought, beliefs and feelings coz we're only human, just saying everyone should be more understanding and the world would be a better place. I know I'm just spinning shit flying high so say what you will about me I just needed to back up the villains from time to time. Who wouldn't want an arch rival but not as mental as the chairman but can't wait to see all the crazy shit that's gonna happen. "What's the popular phrase these days" EPIC Anime! Especially when I'm off my head.
Oct 24, 2015 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, they even managed to make me feel bad for Tonegawa... That's something.

The old man is one evil fucker. That was some medieval level of torture. Brutal.

I really wonder what is that plan of Kaiji. I'm pretty sure he'll try to take advantage of his new bandage, but I don't see how he could while being subtle.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2016 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
The chairman is the devil himself >_>
Mar 25, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2010
Say what you will about Tonegawa, but that man is hardcore. Insane episode, just like always.
Jun 10, 2016 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
It was predictable but i really liked it, finally Kaiji wins and beats that annoying smart-ass Tonegawa, i hated him especially with his lame laugh.

I hope he will kick the director's ass too.

Great Episode.
Jul 16, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2013
Damn that kneeling scene was disgusting. Like holy shit. But exellent episode as always.
Jul 28, 2016 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
kaiji just take that damn money and go pay your debts and buy some store and run it !!
Jul 16, 2017 10:39 PM

Apr 2013
Look at all those guys. They look way to healthy for someone that fell from a 10 meter height a few hours ago.
Aug 6, 2017 9:38 AM

Dec 2015
Dude, just take your millions and go, live your life, forget about the Director.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 28, 2017 6:13 PM
Jul 2018
Even after tearing off his ear, almost losing the other ear, and nearly dying, Kaiji still wants to fight more.
Yeah. He's insane.
Sep 1, 2017 3:23 PM
Aug 2017
I still miss Sahara but Kaiji should just take his money and leave
Sep 2, 2017 10:25 AM

May 2016
The card being a Slave was expected but that monologue sure was intense~ These are the last words of me and my comrades!

I know that Tonegawa's a son of a bitch for killing Ishida and Sahara back at the bridge, but that punishment was just sickenly sadistic ;-; I didn't spend a single second not freaking out over the sight and sound of someone kneeling down with his forehead frying on a sizzling plate. Props to him for doing it in one go. Even Kaiji shed sympathetic tears for him.

I'm happy that those cripples stood up for themselves (in a literal sense tho lol) and helped Kaiji with cheers and first aid. That dude frantically pulling tissues one by one and getting called an idiot xD It's thanks to that tissue box that he'll risk himself again after thinking up of another convoluted plan again~

Sep 25, 2017 3:35 PM

Jan 2010
this reminds me of monster somehow...such a thriller

Tonegawa got burned...felt sorry for the guy a bit too...and now he wants to go on the chairman...oh well a few more episodes to go of the season

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 5, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2013
That was too painful to watch, poor Tonegawa.
Oct 12, 2017 4:04 PM

Apr 2017
Kaiji is such a stubborn idiot. He has enough money to pay off the debt from Ishida's family, pay off his own debt, and live the rest of his life in comfort. But he still wants to risk it all. It wasn't even the Director that killed his friends, it was Tonegawa, and he got his revenge. So why continue?

Go to a hospital man. Fix your ear. This episode legitimately pissed me off.
Nov 21, 2017 1:43 PM

Sep 2016
Errr...this episode really...nope.

Tonegawa should be DEAD. No way anyone could be alive after that, lol.
Considering how much the iron was heated (dark red heat, so around 400-500 °C) and how high the flames were going (enveloping all of him literally), 12 seconds of direct contact with the forehead are more than enough to make all the blood inside the head go above 44 °C, making the arteries explode...bringing death due to internal bleeding.

Kneeling on it isn't 100% fatal (well it is for the legs...), but the forehead is the killing point.

That's the "Nope" of this episode.
Flawless episode for all the rest.

We have winning Kaiji thanks to his "companions", a rich asshole, a fried asshole and a whole lot of identical grunts. Nothing out of the ordinary.
bruh
Feb 14, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2015
This old fella. From loving him to hating him to loving him to hating him, it never ends!
Mar 7, 2018 2:53 PM

Nov 2016
Tonegawa was a fucking man in the end. What a hellish pain that must have been.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2018 2:27 PM

May 2016
I trusted you man that was so cool of Kaiji to say.
Dec 21, 2018 8:24 PM

Nov 2018
Wow...I thought for sure I would enjoy Kaiji's victory more than I did. And yes, my fists were pumping in the air initially, but...seeing Tonegawa kneel down like that on that sizzling hot platform was just disturbing...I did not enjoy seeing that. Tonegawa is a heartless asshole but he's not a sadistic, bloodthirsty psychopath like the director. I feel that Kaiji's real war has only just begun.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Apr 10, 2019 9:33 PM

Aug 2017
Poor Tonegawa.

It seems that Kaiji is going to play against the sadist old man.

pls just leave Kaiji.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 21, 2019 6:07 PM

May 2015
Oh no, Kaiji, just go home.

Weren't those guys from support group supposed to be all broken and in need of hospital attention themselves? And I find it unrealistic that they just stand there holding onto Kaiji's money. They weren't even connected with him like the guys from rock-paper-scissors and those bastards betrayed him anyway. It just looks ridiculous, I almost expected Kaiji to just give up the money and share between them if they are apparently so buddy-buddy for whatever reason already.

Sep 1, 2019 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
Hopefully that chairman gets something even worse done to him.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 25, 2007

76 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2007

90 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 12, 2007

67 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2007

125 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 30, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 23, 2007

136 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 28, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.