Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 30, 2010 4:39 PM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
yeah, they should DEFINITELY make this amnesia go away. He now acts like a dumb boy, which he isn't :/

Actually, the real line in that was that earlier in the chapter he said he had military training. When we get to the bomb thing he really says "I took that course for DOGS!"

>.<
garfield15Jan 30, 2010 5:26 PM
Jan 30, 2010 5:56 PM

Aug 2009
V I repeat this, since I don't want more needless argument.

wakka9ca said:
Just because you don't like their series doesn't mean it's overrated. Sure, it's overrated for YOU. But overall, it's not that overrated. And I agree that "overrated" cannot really apply to an entire studio.

@:

EternalDreamer said:
One failed?

Excuse me?

EternalDreamer said:
Dude SHAFT have done one (well two) really good anime series and that is Ef, the rest is either average or not worth watching imho. Hardly what I call an outstanding track record^^
And with all deluded fans they seems to have I'd say SHAFT definitely qualify for the category of totally overrated ;)

Cry me a river, it's you. MAJORITY of people think work of SHAFT is good, which means it will be never applied to the area of 'overrated'. Sure, maybe you think it is, but most of others don't. That's why it is flawed from the start calling something 'overrated' when it's only your opinion. If you say 'Haruhi is overrated', it's fine, since it's only one anime. Studio as a whole? Think more.

wakka9ca said:
And SHAFT are regular trolls. Although I prefer their trolling compared to KyoAni's trolling.

Nothing can be worse than what KyoAni did on Haruhi. *earthquake

AidanAK47 said:

Majority?! (Looks at a list of shaft work)
Lets see....Mahoromatic and Rec were good....and Bakemonogatari was alright. That's three. Three animes that I notice as good. Three out of Nineteen animes. Not excellent. But good.(I will be checking out EF later seeing how everyone's mentioning it)

Ef is too good. Watch it immediately.
Jan 30, 2010 6:05 PM

Dec 2009
AidanAK47 said:
Anime makers, please drill this rule into your heads.
DO NOT F*CK WITH THE SOURCE MATERIAL!
If you want to make something original, then great. Build it from the ground up. But don't just rob a story and attempt to put your own spin on it. We don't want your story. We want the story. The one that captured our hearts. We want the original, not some cheap knockoff.

This.

For some reason I don't like this series. The manga IMO is better. Probably the reason I don't like it is because of the lazy shitty art/animation. Another thing that bothers me is that they're going to continue their original work BS (This was the only episode that actually followed the manga without much original work).

I hate SHAFT. I have seen some their anime and I hate it with a passion. I knew from the moment I knew that SHAFT was doing this that this anime will suck, and it does.

I could tell this is going to be a very overrated anime in the future like SHAFT's other works (Bakemonogatari, and ef).

Drops and gives it a 1 rating.
Jan 30, 2010 6:28 PM

Jun 2009
alinekax said:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Bakemonogatari, Natsu no Arashi and Dance in the Vampire Bund are series highly focused on the dialogues. If they were action series, Shaft's way of animating would suck. But they are not.

Dance in the Vampire Bund is not highly focused on the dialogues. It was more focused on action. Read the manga.

Goo4 said:
EternalDreamer said:
One failed?

Excuse me?

What he is getting at is that this is not the only anime Shaft has failed on. For example, Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase.(By god that was really crap)

Goo4 said:

wakka9ca said:
And SHAFT are regular trolls. Although I prefer their trolling compared to KyoAni's trolling.

Nothing can be worse than what KyoAni did on Haruhi. *earthquake

For once, I agree.

Goo4 said:
AidanAK47 said:

Lets see....Mahoromatic and Rec were good....and Bakemonogatari was alright. That's three. Three animes that I notice as good. Three out of Nineteen animes. Not excellent. But good.(I will be checking out EF later seeing how everyone's mentioning it)

It's irrelevant to the topic so I put this in Spoiler tags.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 30, 2010 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
AidanAK47 said:
What he is getting at is that this is not the only anime Shaft has failed on. For example, Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase.(By god that was really crap)

We also have maria trappy trappers.

AidanAK47 said:

Goo4 said:
AidanAK47 said:

It's irrelevant to the topic so I put this in Spoiler tags.

Jan 30, 2010 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
I thought vampires bite the neck not the boob?
Jan 30, 2010 7:59 PM

Sep 2009
Jrittmayer said:

The world has moved on.
Jan 30, 2010 10:27 PM
Mar 2009
Okay episode, I guess now that Mina has established the existence of vampires and their authority, I wonder where this story will head from here. It has potential at least.
Jan 30, 2010 11:53 PM

Aug 2009
I kinda zoned out half the time. Not because I can't handle the dialogue, but because of the art and animation. I wish there was more movement and scenes where you can see the whole characters. My eyes need some entertainment, too, ya know. This is the type of animation I prefer for Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, just cuz it fits well, but not for DVB

The episode was okay. Nothing spectacular, but not total crap. And I had this overwhelming feeling that Mina was going to CAPUUUU CHUUU <3 Akira when they were talking about the Fangless. Don't ask why.

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Jan 31, 2010 12:03 AM

Apr 2008
Ok just to ask. What is up with the Student President? I mean at the end of episode 3 it looked like she was being attacked and now at the end of episode four it looks like she was the victim of some demented Teen Vampire gang rape.

What is up with that? Who ordered the hit on her or was it just some of her school buddies getting back at her for her anti-vampire attitude?
Jan 31, 2010 12:17 AM

Dec 2009
Proselyt said:
The story is lacking a bit of coherence.. enjoyable nonetheless.

agree. i haven't read the manga, so this episode was a bit jarring. from you all, it sounds like they're getting the story on track so i'll be patient. it's interesting.
Jan 31, 2010 1:50 AM

Jul 2009
AidanAK47 said:
alinekax said:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Bakemonogatari, Natsu no Arashi and Dance in the Vampire Bund are series highly focused on the dialogues. If they were action series, Shaft's way of animating would suck. But they are not.

Dance in the Vampire Bund is not highly focused on the dialogues. It was more focused on action. Read the manga.

I did read the manga,otherwise I couldn't say they *ucked up this series.
And at least the begining of Vampire Bund is focused on the dialogue. Later on there is some action, but up to this point not so much, and it is definetly not the main point of it.
Jan 31, 2010 3:02 AM

Oct 2009
Fleri said:
Jrittmayer said:

The world has moved on.
I though it was done to be sensual in a way...

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 31, 2010 3:04 AM

Sep 2009
Jrittmayer said:
Its sexier that way...:P
Damn francis wrote sort of the same thing just 2 mins before me ....still going to make this post :D

Jan 31, 2010 4:20 AM

Apr 2009
Better again but still not fully convinced. Oodles of fanservice in there...
Jan 31, 2010 4:43 AM

Jan 2009
Oh right, the fangless.
WOAH SHI- That's one really ugly newsperson (‐^▽^‐)
Juneau you stuck-up aristocrat ┐(-。ー')┌
And somehow, this really looks very "SHAFT-ish", especially with these characteristic SHAFT-moves ( ̄ー ̄) (And yeah there might just be at least someone who understands just what the crap I'm on about)
Though I'm still annoyed at the fact that they're going to pull and anime original ಠ_ಠ
Continuing on the case of Juneau, I'm still amazed that he hires people he knows nothing of just before such an event. ( ゚,_ゝ゚) Not just that, but I also wonder why the crap he brought a bomb Dermailles brought a bomb anyway \|  ̄ヘ ̄|/
"The underground facility here can endure it." Well it sure can, for various reasons ツ

garfield15 said:
(But I hope they don't forget about the BL novel. That was hilarious)
Indeed, would be funny to see ( ゚ ー ゚)
ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Anyway I still want to
(・3・ア
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 31, 2010 4:47 AM

Oct 2009
Linalee-Stratos said:
Jrittmayer said:
Its sexier that way...:P
Damn francis wrote sort of the same thing just 2 mins before me ....still going to make this post :D

The woman who got bitten is hot by just having glasses, big breasts and quite the puffy lips=>

Jan 31, 2010 6:14 AM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
garfield15 said:
(But I hope they don't forget about the BL novel. That was hilarious)
Indeed, would be funny to see ( ゚ ー ゚)
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Priceless, just priceless ;]

Oosran said:
Anyway I still want to
(・3・ア

Yeah, me too ^^

francismeunier said:
The woman who got bitten is hot by just having glasses, big breasts and quite the puffy lips=>

But she's not blonde -_-
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 31, 2010 6:25 AM
Sep 2009
Liked it, don't get all this hate. Definitely better than average anime nowadays.
Jan 31, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, The CNN girl had a bomb inside her.
har har har
Jan 31, 2010 6:34 AM

Aug 2009
southdkotaboy said:
Ok just to ask. What is up with the Student President? I mean at the end of episode 3 it looked like she was being attacked and now at the end of episode four it looks like she was the victim of some demented Teen Vampire gang rape.

What is up with that? Who ordered the hit on her or was it just some of her school buddies getting back at her for her anti-vampire attitude?

OHhohohohoho....

SHAFT willing, you'll probably find out soon.
Jan 31, 2010 7:48 AM

May 2009
An actual manga episode for a change. Looks like SHAFT likes teasing their audience.

I'm enjoying this show more and more, regsardless of whether or not they decide to stick with the manga.

I do hope that these episodes remain uncensored, coz from the looks of it, this is rapidly becoming another show that won't survive airing on any station if even AT-X censors it. Could be just that one scene, though, so we'll have to wait and see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2010 11:15 AM
Jun 2009
interesting episode..
hope it keeps getting better...
Jan 31, 2010 1:54 PM

Nov 2008
Akira has taken to his role as protector quite well.
I can't say I like the rather uneventful way they introduced his dad.
Jan 31, 2010 1:58 PM

Jan 2009
Papa_G said:
Well he is a rather stiff guy, can't really say they could've introduced a character like him in a better way.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 31, 2010 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
that was a bit of an old episode
lol.......
turns out it was a test but wut if it failed =D?
Jan 31, 2010 2:50 PM
Dec 2007
Cool episode with some small developments and as always Shinbou's nice experimental direction that partly covers the average animation.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 31, 2010 3:26 PM
Oct 2007
Glad SHAFT followed the manga on this part. If they didn't, this anime would need to get a new title.

southdkotaboy said:

The thing is, answering your questions would be spoiling it for you. If you really want to be spoiled, just go read the manga. Your questions will be answered soon enough in the anime. But to answer the question on why Nanami's shown again. It's obvious that she was attacked in episode 3 and this is essentially a flashback shown again in episode 4 to bring her back into the picture, joggle the audience's memory so we don't forget that there is this attack going on behind-the-scenes. The mystery now is yes, who's the mastermind? Read the manga.

francismeunier said:
Fleri said:
Jrittmayer said:

The world has moved on.

Can't you think of it as him biting her in the chest because people would otherwise see the fang marks on her neck? It's not fanservice, trust me. There was logic behind biting her in other places than her neck.
Jan 31, 2010 4:39 PM

Oct 2009
Annisa said:
francismeunier said:
Fleri said:
Jrittmayer said:

The world has moved on.

Can't you think of it as him biting her in the chest because people would otherwise see the fang marks on her neck? It's not fanservice, trust me. There was logic behind biting her in other places than her neck.
Logically that can be seen like that too but he could bitten her around the arm, thighs or even around the legs in the upper portion.

Jan 31, 2010 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
You see, maybe that guy think that will be the last thing he did in this world, why not make a last good memories on earth, and it's more comfortable and easy to reach from he was standing
Jan 31, 2010 4:56 PM

Jun 2009
What a fuss about one bite, it's not last breast-bite in DitVB after all(or maybe i'm wrong, i don't remember).
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 31, 2010 9:24 PM
Oct 2007
Ya see, I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of this biting thing. But I can't take it when people see something like this and immediately think of it as fanservice when it's not. (I'm not referring to anyone specifically. This is a general statement.)

Yeah, we could say that the vampire guy could bite her anywhere else, her shoulder, her arm, her leg, her stomach, oh, the back of her neck since she has long hair, or even the sole of her foot. But obviously, the most convenient place to bite her other than her neck would be her chest. Also because biting her at the chest delivers the vampiric venom to the bloodstream faster. (This being the reason vampires usually bite the neck in the first place.) Well, that's all I have to say on this minor topic, lol. You may ignore me and go back to discussing the episode. :)
Jan 31, 2010 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
Laevantein said:
You see, maybe that guy think that will be the last thing he did in this world, why not make a last good memories on earth, and it's more comfortable and easy to reach from he was standing
Wow I seem to have generated quite the discussion lol
But yea, it makes sense that he'd want to hide the bite mark, but still it was probably meant as fanservice as well, just alitte bit.
Feb 1, 2010 1:55 AM

Jul 2009
So what if it is fanservice?
Feb 1, 2010 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
It just looks sexier than in neck. That guy was awful though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 1, 2010 6:38 AM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
That guy looked like some kind of mutant bum from the streets. Bet you he would be a happy person to have sex with that girl.

Feb 1, 2010 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:
That guy looked like some kind of mutant bum from the streets. Bet you he would be a happy person to have sex with that girl.
He was on a job after all. He was ordered to make her a vampire, and he did, does it matter how he did so?
I wonder.. maybe that should be spoilerified?xD
Feb 1, 2010 10:43 PM

Jul 2008
well thats a new type of suicide bomber, no one would think of removing an organ and inserting a bomb
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 2, 2010 12:52 AM

Nov 2008
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Well he is a rather stiff guy, can't really say they could've introduced a character like him in a better way.

It wasn't the characters stiffness that bothered me.
It was that we go to a new episode and then suddenly it's like... OH yeah, here's his dad.
Feb 2, 2010 1:22 AM

Jan 2009
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
It was that we go to a new episode and then suddenly it's like... OH yeah, here's his dad.
And there isn't really any other way to introduce a character such as him, is what I'm saying.
Feb 2, 2010 9:10 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
And there isn't really any other way to introduce a character such as him, is what I'm saying.
There could have been a better way like past flashback?

Feb 2, 2010 9:14 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:

They could just adapt 1st manga chapter and it would be good. I'm pretty sure that Wolf was introduced in it.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:

They could just adapt 1st manga chapter and it would be good. I'm pretty sure that Wolf was introduced in it.
Still, there wasn't much of an introduction in the manga either, from what I remember : p
Feb 2, 2010 1:30 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:
Oosran said:
Papa_G said:

Still, there wasn't much of an introduction in the manga either, from what I remember : p

But it was better than this, at least u have known that Wolf is Akira's father when reading chapter 4.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 3:07 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:

But it was better than this, at least u have known that Wolf is Akira's father when reading chapter 4.
If that is so then they should do it like that for use to understand but so far many things they did surely did not make things clear compared to the manga. Am I right?

Feb 2, 2010 3:29 PM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:

If that is so then they should do it like that for use to understand but so far many things they did surely did not make things clear compared to the manga. Am I right?

Yeah, something like that ;] And there's this new girl we don't know anything about yet. What was her name?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 9:18 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:

Yeah, something like that ;] And there's this new girl we don't know anything about yet. What was her name?
Meiren it is and you are talking about her=>

Feb 2, 2010 10:23 PM

Apr 2009
awesome episode, was pleasantly surprised, this was what I had expected for episode 1 or 2, but hey it works here ^^
Feb 2, 2010 11:51 PM

Oct 2009
I am shocked no one put this nice pic for all to grab=>

Feb 3, 2010 12:42 AM

Apr 2008
francismeunier said:

Very right.

There's one thing that the manga made clear from chapter 1. MINA IS FUCKIN strong. I mean she takes down a guy at least twice her size with extreme ease and then even uses him as a meat shield against his partner who tried to shoot her with a stake.

But then you have the anime Mina who trips over her own fuckin clothing =_=
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.