Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2010 12:32 AM

Sep 2009
TTGL (ep6) has a cameo from the casts of various other gainax shows.

GaoGaiGar's J is also very similar to cyborg 009's 002- to the point that it simply has to be a reference.
Jan 28, 2010 2:00 AM

Feb 2009
Pretty much anything by SHAFT tends to love referencing other anime, films and games. Most noticeably Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and even moreso Pani Poni Dash. I noticed the SHAFT produced Negima! OVAs for the manga had a few cameos of the rabbit from Pani Poni Dash. Maria+Holic had a couple of references including SZS. Natsu no Arashi and Pani Poni Dash's OVA even had a few Touhou references in there.
Jan 28, 2010 4:05 AM

May 2009
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid finished in 2005. Death Note started one year later. I think it's more of a coincidence rather than a reference.
Jan 28, 2010 4:10 AM

Nov 2007
TsukikageRan said:
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid finished in 2005. Death Note started one year later. I think it's more of a coincidence rather than a reference.

The manga had been in publication for quite some time.
Jan 28, 2010 6:08 AM

May 2009
Asako said:
TsukikageRan said:

The manga had been in publication for quite some time.

Damn! That's what I get for being more of an anime watcher than a manga reader - ignorant dolt that I am. Oh, well...
Jan 28, 2010 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
Nagara_Venteel said:
Gintama has bits that parody Prince of Tennis, DBZ, Deathnote, and Naruto.

That's an understatement. Gintama usually parodies multiple anime in every episode. I remember there was even a whole episode dedicated to parodying Bleach, and another that greatly parodied Death Note. Hell, episode 119 was pretty much the entirety of Dragon Ball Z condensed into 20 minutes. Also not forgetting to mention the scene that parodied Bleach, One Piece and Dragon Ball Z at the same time (click here).
ToukaJan 28, 2010 6:15 AM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jan 28, 2010 7:01 AM

Jan 2010
I've noticed that in A LOT of different anime, there is often a reference to one anime which stands out to me the most; Lupin III.

Cowboy bebop's art work was admittedly based off Lupin III (special features on DVD box set and/or movie)

Another one is in FLCL (Episode 4 I believe) When Naota-kun's father is dressed as Lupin and Haruko is in her PJs/blankets, and the spring loaded vagina punch scene replayed as in the intro of Lupin III (Even grayed out as it did)
Jan 28, 2010 2:16 PM
Oct 2009
ha at the guy who was thinking he was mr smarty pants and was so obviously wrong, that was entertaining
Jan 29, 2010 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
Don't know if it's been brought up in here but Dejiko and Puchiko are in Cromartie High
I won't be fooled by a mere 3-d girl!!!

Jan 29, 2010 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
I find anime references to be sorta unfunny. It's like "Oh, there's a character from that show in my show, lol"! The only reference I found funny was in Megazone 23 where Lupin and Zenegata are in the cop car.

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

21 by Super-Sugoi »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
17 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
17 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

40 by redorzo »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.