Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2010 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
Grimmm said:
BitchMaster said:
Grimmm said:
To me, this is like an even lamer version of Sekirei. The whole new girl each episode is just...no..just no. That alone should be a big stop sign for a harem anime. Reminds me of Rosario+Vampire in that sense and well, that anime was terrible too.

All the fan service is so annoying. I, personally, cannot stand fan service. Sorry, but I like my girls real, not animated.

12 episodes so I won't drop it, but I can't see myself scoring it higher than a 4 if it doesn't change.

Uh huh, uh huh.... Seems quite logical the 1st part, then next to the 2nd part....

LULwut? You like yo girlz real, not animated?!! Then what are you doing here ?_? This lil show is called an anime, you know? A-N-I-M-E, so of course things will get animated. What do you expect anyway?

Not all anime are just a bunch of fan service episodes. I expect at least a decent storyline without a fan service shot every 5 minutes. Chill on the bold, seriously.

Oh, I see... Shoulda say it in instead of using misleading words such as "real" ( 3D) and animated ( 2D )...I can be quite stupid sometimes, you know ;)

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 29, 2010 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
Um... pretty interesting, I guess? lol. Too much fanservice, but this is an ecchi anime, I guess. So far, the idea of fighting random demons just doesn't appeal to me much. It reminds me too much of Inuyasha, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 29, 2010 4:47 PM
Mar 2008
Himari goes super saiyan xD
Yuuto blocking that hit looked badass
Jan 29, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
Thats some madness o-olll

Jan 29, 2010 7:12 PM
Feb 2009
I hate weak protagonists who think that pacifism can somehow solve all problems and get in the way of everything. This guy definately comes in the Top 10 Protagonist fags of all time.

PS. His voice is annoying as hell.
Jan 29, 2010 7:15 PM

Jul 2008
so much fanservice, and luckily some people don't know how to read the mood or else we be stuck with no action
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jan 29, 2010 8:28 PM

May 2009
Wtf is this shit? :O
Jan 29, 2010 10:44 PM

Jun 2008
That one monochrome scene where he gets cut was really well done, and would have been amazing in a better anime. They touched at something dark for a moment there, which was really uncharacteristic of this series, and it didn't work out too well in the end. I guess it's good that they're not strictly sticking to bland harem comedy, but they could at least try to make it sort of believable. At this point, it looks like the series is going to, as I have said before, nail extra legs onto its structure to support itself.
Jan 30, 2010 3:35 AM

Aug 2009
I find it hilarious that people are complaining about fanservice when the original material itself is filled with it. Anime adaptations to kick the fanservice up a notch, but no use complaining and expecting plot every five minutes when it's only early episodes. The real plot will kick in when it does.

For now, I'm enjoying this, and look forward to when Kuesu comes in, so that the plot can finally start moving.
Jan 30, 2010 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
Grmo said:
That one monochrome scene where he gets cut was really well done

I also think that it was really well done and animated but at the same time i found it a little excessive. Because you know Yuto was able to stand and to block himari powerful "attack" although he has been slashed earlier. You could even see a lot of blood spurting so how was he able to stand like it was nothing ? xD

This anime is getting interresting from now on, i was really surprised to see Himari going berserk but this was exciting. There were a lot of fanservice but it didn't bother me because i'm an ecchi guy xD. I also thought the scene kiss with little himari and yuto was really cute >.<

I didn't read the manga but i'm definitely planning to read it with this episode impressions
removed-userJan 30, 2010 4:59 AM
Jan 30, 2010 9:59 AM

Oct 2009
D4rk1ch1g0 said:
Grmo said:
That one monochrome scene where he gets cut was really well done

I also think that it was really well done and animated but at the same time i found it a little excessive. Because you know Yuto was able to stand and to block himari powerful "attack" although he has been slashed earlier. You could even see a lot of blood spurting so how was he able to stand like it was nothing ? xD
Instant sudden self healing with that light he emits afterwords? It could be.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 30, 2010 2:05 PM
Jan 2010
This episode was kinda bland to me. The story is starting to improve a little so thats good.
CplancerJan 30, 2010 2:14 PM
Jan 30, 2010 5:58 PM

Jul 2009
We are still complaining about fan-service? come on!, even the OP is fan service..get over it, this is fan-service anime..didn't like it? don't push yourself and complain about fan-service each week

From the story it's getting better, at least it's not like "everyday life's" episode like some anime..

As always i still didn't like the male protagonist, does it really trend for the male protagonist to be protected by female all the time in Japan? i hope he get better
Jan 30, 2010 6:42 PM

May 2009
Laevantein said:

As always i still didn't like the male protagonist, does it really trend for the male protagonist to be protected by female all the time in Japan? i hope he get better

What can you expect from a normal guy, when suddenly a 30 meter tall monster comes from nowhere to attack him? There's no reason to dislike Yuuto for letting Himari do the fighting, after all he's lived a peaceful life up to quite recently, and therefore has no chance of fighting such demons anyway.
Jan 30, 2010 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
You sure yer eyes are happy? Because I can happily see that Yuuto happily protected Himari and expose himself to that happily sexy Hinoenma's blade. Furthermore, he then stopped Himari from killing happy Hinoenma with his happy Light Ferry. Man, first, one dude said he doesn't like animated stuffs and apparently watched >100 anime then another one said he doesn't like male brotagonist to be protected all the time while Yuuto is far different from...lessay that dude in To Love-Ru or the one in Kemeko DX by the fact that he at least protected the happy girls more than once and at least has some happy powers to help him get happily stronger later on....Get your happy facts right, guys.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 30, 2010 11:33 PM
Nov 2009
Oh snap, she totally went yandere for a sec.
Jan 31, 2010 12:39 AM
Jan 2010
Totally cliffhanger, can't wait for the next episode.

Seeing more characters/Ayakashi somehow added the tension, and really intensify at the fighting scenes. (Kept me at the edge of the seat.) The fanservice looks okay. But Himari naked scene is the real deal. Heheh.
ConfidentialJan 31, 2010 12:44 AM
Jan 31, 2010 3:04 AM

Jul 2009
njasis said:

What can you expect from a normal guy, when suddenly a 30 meter tall monster comes from nowhere to attack him? There's no reason to dislike Yuuto for letting Himari do the fighting, after all he's lived a peaceful life up to quite recently, and therefore has no chance of fighting such demons anyway.
Yeah, there for i hope he gets better like what Himari said, he still can't fight yet, i didn't asked too much did i?..not that i want Yuuto to have a random super power, or acting as a hero helping Himari and died in vain, i knew he will get some power later on right? i only read the manga till this arc currently..i bet my opinion to him will changed eventually..like you said he is a normal guy anyway

BitchMaster said:
You sure yer eyes are happy?
Well i must say i'm happy for the male protagonist to be protected by a hot babe and not to be protected by some old beardy stinky fat guy, i bet he is too..and giving the viewer happy fan service?, of course i'm happy that's why i continue to watch it, i'm happily as a maiden in love..btw nice font color..it took an effort to read your post
Jan 31, 2010 8:45 AM

Jun 2009
Somewhat different from manga episode, Yuuto realised that he's a wuss himself, so it's better. Shame, that no one told Yuuto that if Himari lets her instincts get over her, she might never be back to normal.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 31, 2010 10:17 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was actually good.......wow.
Jan 31, 2010 10:35 PM

Nov 2008
Meh. The ending was way over-the-top for it to be appreciated. So far, the show scores a perfect 5/10 on my scale.
Feb 1, 2010 12:33 AM

Nov 2007
manga spoilers
evil_kenshinFeb 1, 2010 12:46 AM
Feb 1, 2010 2:48 AM

Sep 2009
Is it bad that I laughed when Yuuto started bleeding?....I think it might have been that line he said right before. Just how much power does Yuuto have anyways?...I hope he can calm down crazy Himari.

I need more after that cliffhanger.
Feb 1, 2010 2:59 AM

Jun 2009
saxophone15 said:
Is it bad that I laughed when Yuuto started bleeding?....I think it might have been that line he said right before.

It actually looked better in manga where he got stabbed by blade in his back.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 1, 2010 8:27 AM

May 2008
evil_kenshin said:
manga spoilers

indeed 12 episodes is not enough to cover all stuff in manga but another season is fine with me, i just hope they wont troll with the ending...
Feb 1, 2010 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
shinwa said:
evil_kenshin said:
manga spoilers

indeed 12 episodes is not enough to cover all stuff in manga but another season is fine with me, i just hope they wont troll with the ending...

No no, this is illogical. Like u said, 12 ep's isn't enough to cover manga, so it's obvious that they'll do filler ending...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 1, 2010 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
Yuuto's voice wasn't horrible in this one and crazy Himari was HOT.
First episode I've actually liked.
Feb 1, 2010 9:44 AM

Aug 2008
OrochiPL said:
saxophone15 said:
Is it bad that I laughed when Yuuto started bleeding?....I think it might have been that line he said right before.

Yeah the anime was really inconsistent. He looked like he got cut in half after they showed his wound from the front after he got sliced from the back. Then he didn't die from blood loss/organ failure, and used light ferry. Pretty incredible. The stab made much more sense than what they did.
Feb 1, 2010 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
Funny way of waking up ~nano ┐('~`;)┌
Anyway Makoto Yuuto's voice.. It's really hard thinking about him as Yuuto ┐('~`;)┌
Hmm oh right, it's time for this lil' trip now, and oh right, Kaya, wonderful girl, eh? (・3・ア
And also, that cyclops really is strange ( ´∀`)
Himari in hyper-crazy-awesome-mode is hyper-crazy-awesome, yes? ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Tl;dr I wouldn't mind being Yuuto tbh ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 1, 2010 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
I wouldn't mind being Yuuto tbh ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Me too... especially for Kuesu...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 1, 2010 5:00 PM

Apr 2009
Grimmm said:
BitchMaster said:
Grimmm said:
To me, this is like an even lamer version of Sekirei. The whole new girl each episode is just...no..just no. That alone should be a big stop sign for a harem anime. Reminds me of Rosario+Vampire in that sense and well, that anime was terrible too.

All the fan service is so annoying. I, personally, cannot stand fan service. Sorry, but I like my girls real, not animated.

12 episodes so I won't drop it, but I can't see myself scoring it higher than a 4 if it doesn't change.

Uh huh, uh huh.... Seems quite logical the 1st part, then next to the 2nd part....

LULwut? You like yo girlz real, not animated?!! Then what are you doing here ?_? This lil show is called an anime, you know? A-N-I-M-E, so of course things will get animated. What do you expect anyway?

Not all anime are just a bunch of fan service episodes. I expect at least a decent storyline without a fan service shot every 5 minutes. Chill on the bold, seriously.
yare yare.. shows like this are largely for fanservice from the start.. you can complain all you want if the story and fights are unsatisfying.. but learn to accept the fanservice if you're watching an ecchi show..

anyway.. relatively, we seem to have better fight scenes here.. and the fanservice is good.. and they seemed to manage pull off a cliffhanger that thankfully, will make me watch the next episode in anticipation..
Feb 1, 2010 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
am i gettin older or what, fan service ok, but is it to much if i wanna have an anime with girls like himari, nice ecchi fan service and good fights? i feel like im missing sth or like wasting time.. they could just stop with crappy fights and go all out for ecchiness.. and btw yuto's voice actor is one hell of a crap choice but i had no clue myself, therefor its gettin l8, and a couple of beers didnt push it.. ^^
Feb 1, 2010 10:37 PM

Oct 2009
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:

You mean you not mind being with a cat demon/water demon in the morning like Yuuto is in my GIF, which precisely to satisfy the fantasy dream.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 2, 2010 1:28 AM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
You mean you not mind being with a cat demon/water demon in the morning like Yuuto is in my GIF, which precisely to satisfy the fantasy dream.
Haven't seen your gif : ) And won't take a look either : )
Anyway, except for the loli.. And Rinko. I'm fine with anyone in this, really, be it a cat demon or Kuesu : > Or Hitsugi for that matter : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 2, 2010 2:43 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:

Like Oosran, i don't care for loli... and Rinko. I want only Kuesu and Himari ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 2, 2010 4:18 AM

May 2008
OrochiPL said:
shinwa said:
evil_kenshin said:
manga spoilers

No no, this is illogical. Like u said, 12 ep's isn't enough to cover manga, so it's obvious that they'll do filler ending...

there's another way actually to avoid filler ending like cliffhanger :)
Feb 3, 2010 4:23 PM

Sep 2009
jujubeeza said:
OrochiPL said:
saxophone15 said:

Yeah the anime was really inconsistent. He looked like he got cut in half after they showed his wound from the front after he got sliced from the back. Then he didn't die from blood loss/organ failure, and used light ferry. Pretty incredible. The stab made much more sense than what they did.

That's good to know....I guess they just didn't do as good of a job as they could have in presenting this scene.
Feb 5, 2010 1:20 AM

Dec 2008
himari realy mad right now...

btw, i like yuuto in this episode ^^
still downloading omamori himari episode 5..
Feb 7, 2010 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
Himari's rage was epic :D I wasn't a big fan of episode 3 but this episode definitely revived my interest in the show :D Good to see Yuuto actually doing something (too many anime of this type have the male character be angsty/spectator for 90% of the series).
Feb 15, 2010 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
Decent amount of ecchi, but still very intense when Himari started raging.
Feb 21, 2010 9:53 AM

Aug 2009
I feel bad for liking this anime.

Loved this episode!
Mar 6, 2010 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
Haha now this is what im talking about.. its getting serious and more ecchi
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Apr 26, 2010 8:20 PM
Feb 2009
w0ow RAGE!~!~!~! Himari
May 5, 2010 10:55 PM

May 2008
well its ok but i love the way Yuto sacrifice himself manliness!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 11, 2012 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
surprised yuto can stand up and block an attack after being slashed by a demon..
too unrealistic.. unless he awakened his past power or something.

That was fast... to make him remember his past lol.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Dec 16, 2012 9:53 AM

Nov 2012
EPIC HIMARI RAGE. Loved this episode.
Aug 3, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2013
Not as good as the first three but still a pretty good episode :)
Jan 31, 2015 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
The true form of Himari... Really powerful though...!
May 10, 2015 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
I love rage moments O_O
May 18, 2017 4:17 AM

Jul 2016
Yuuto wasn't too bothered by getting cut like that!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » omamori himari second season

animeking2115 - Nov 13, 2015

24 by Jeremiahdixonjer »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 24, 2010

152 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 25, 2022 1:53 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - Jan 6, 2010

130 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Mar 3, 2010

67 by off99555 »»
Oct 4, 2022 3:47 PM

Poll: » Omamori Himari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 24, 2010

64 by corvo_bianco »»
Sep 22, 2022 5:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.