Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2012 11:00 PM

Aug 2010
Naru this Naru that. Oh look, Naru is coming down the stairs. Naru! Oh that was Naru in my dream. *wakes up* Naru! Look it's Naru. Naru, where you going? Naru is back! Naru? Naru! Naru? Naru!
Dec 10, 2012 3:45 PM
Mar 2011
Well, this is one less show I'll be watching. What started out as a painfully mediocre series with cookie-cutter plots* and stock characters** became downright offensive and intolerable by the sixth episode. You don't end a story on a deus ex machina and then explain said deus ex machina via a clunky explanation. That is NOT how you tell a story.

It's my understanding that the author who wrote the original novels also wrote The Twelve Kingdoms. I trust that it is a much more satisfying and well-written work?

*Possessed dolls? Nope! Never seen that plot before!
**the annoying bubbly schoolgirl, the bland bishonen who knows more than anyone else, the cool guy ("Monk"), the snob who's not as good as she thinks she is, the Rei Ayanami-esque creepy girl who also has no personality, the foreigner who speaks with a funny accent and has blonde hair to remind viewers that he's foreign, etc.
Jan 2, 2013 8:27 AM

Dec 2010
Man, that episode was good, and again we got so much information related to spirits and stuff ^^ I love that, because this was my only reason for starting this anime.

I was so into the anime for some time, that I could barely stay in one place :0

But to be honest, this episode wore me out for real, no matter how this may sound. I felt like wanting to give up on the 2nd episode. I think I'm gonna take a break from this show(but this time it won't be because of how boring was the first arc's ending). This is a good thing about anime, btw.

I'm gonna watch something relieving now o_o.
Mar 22, 2013 4:08 PM
Jan 2012
Nice episode, although not thrilling as the last one. The mother and child drama was interesting and the conclusion was quite heartwarming.

One thing I like about this anime is how each member of the group specializes in a different "religion" and yet, unlike in real life, they respect each other and work together.
Mar 30, 2013 5:15 PM

May 2012
A well under the house he looks almost like the ring! Good episode the ending was actually quite sweet!
Aug 17, 2013 9:28 PM

Jul 2012
Another arc complete. Like the previous, not that mind blowing, but I had some fun watching it so 3.5+/5. I like stories with a team vs. opponent kind of thing so this isn't too bad.

Zump said:
Well, this is one less show I'll be watching. What started out as a painfully mediocre series with cookie-cutter plots* and stock characters** became downright offensive and intolerable by the sixth episode. You don't end a story on a deus ex machina and then explain said deus ex machina via a clunky explanation. That is NOT how you tell a story.

It's my understanding that the author who wrote the original novels also wrote The Twelve Kingdoms. I trust that it is a much more satisfying and well-written work?

*Possessed dolls? Nope! Never seen that plot before!
**the annoying bubbly schoolgirl, the bland bishonen who knows more than anyone else, the cool guy ("Monk"), the snob who's not as good as she thinks she is, the Rei Ayanami-esque creepy girl who also has no personality, the foreigner who speaks with a funny accent and has blonde hair to remind viewers that he's foreign, etc.

Good points, but I'll keep watching for now.
Aug 23, 2013 9:03 AM
Jun 2013
episode was fine. Im enjoying this show more and more since im a sucker for ghost stuff. However naru is still a plank of wood. Hell the doll he made had more life then him and mais feelings for him still feel out of nowhere and is just based on hes a pretty face theres no character there so theres no investment to want to see this turn into some sort of relationship.
Apr 23, 2014 12:14 AM

Mar 2012
Somewhat corny way to end it but oh well.
Jul 29, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2013
Naru acting like a boss again.. hahaha.
Aug 28, 2014 3:43 AM

Sep 2012
in a way Naru is like Naoki from Itazura na Kiss, & even he got a wife so i bet Mai will be like Kotoko who accepts him the way he is, its good series
Oct 13, 2014 9:37 AM
Mar 2014
Seems like naru isent just a narcist, seems like he is actually kind and talented.
Nov 26, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2010
I hoped tomiko wasn't killed but unfortunately she was. Made me so sad. :'( one of the sadest moment in anime history was when she was kidnapped. </3 I really pity her mother. 😢
and the ending of the episode was too simple. I hoped it to be better but luckily every spirit was set free.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2014 4:45 AM

Nov 2013
Whenever Mai flips out like a crazy bitch, I cringe.

John is slowly growing on me. His Australian voice in the dub is glorious.

Could have been a better end to the arc after the strong previous episode but hey it was better than the first arc.

7.5/10
FunnyRatmanDec 19, 2014 4:48 AM

Feb 25, 2015 9:17 PM

Jul 2014
started off very well, but ended kinda lame. though, this was still a very good arc.
8/10 for this case
Apr 30, 2015 7:32 AM

Jun 2012
Not so creepy, the woman was ofc creepy, but the episode as a whole wasn't. Anyway, glad that everything turned out well in the end.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 15, 2015 11:14 PM

Feb 2010
Kayro said:
Also, one thing I noticed, is that this anime is quite similar to Rental Magica, mostly because each character, from both shows, is specialized (not sure if that's the correct word) in a diferent type of exorcism (?) technique =P

I was watching Rental Magica at the same time :3

Also, the Ring.
If Ring characters knew Onmyodo, Sadako-chan would be in trouble)

Donelop said:
Naru this Naru that. Oh look, Naru is coming down the stairs. Naru! Oh that was Naru in my dream. *wakes up* Naru! Look it's Naru. Naru, where you going? Naru is back! Naru? Naru! Naru? Naru!

Give her a break, the girl is in love :D

Speaking of which, I'm loving this show.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Dec 23, 2015 10:25 PM

Nov 2015
Watching this at 1AM on a dark rainy night sure made it more creepy. The well really set the tone if you have The Ring, but I was expecting the Mother to be more aggressive.
Jan 22, 2016 9:28 AM

Sep 2014
darkerealm said:
okay the purification at the end was lame.

^ Yeah My Thoughts Exactly
Sep 12, 2016 5:46 AM

Mar 2012
It looks like the kid drowned and the mother committed suicide because she thought her child was kidnapped due to her missing. The ball must've fallen in the water and she fell in the pond trying to get it. I highly doubt the mother would spot someone kidnapping her child and that person would not only be fast enough to run away with the kid, but also go back to throw her body in their pond for the hell of it.

The vision Mai saw down in the well was most likely just the mother's eternal nightmare rather than the actual events that took place.
Jan 21, 2017 12:20 AM

Sep 2013
I'm glad they didn't pull a Scooby-Doo and reveal that all the mysterious goings-on were simply caused by human shenanigans.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 1, 2018 2:50 AM

Jul 2016
This arc was far greater than the last one. Glad I stuck through it. Way less cringe.
May 26, 2018 4:18 AM
Jan 2015
This a sad yet great episode with lots of great moments, I feel sad for the children who died and got trapped in the house, I read though the Manga before watching this and I'm impressed out how well they have adapted it.
Jan 11, 2021 5:56 PM

May 2016
It looks like there's more to Naru than just being a professional ghost hunter. It's good that there's an option to let grieving ghosts rest in peace but it's a bit of an issue if that spirit killed that many children even if it was just looking for its child.

I wonder if Mai's dreams will help her again later on.

Aug 19, 2022 10:04 PM
Jan 2015
Its good so far. the sppok is there
Oct 14, 2022 5:20 AM

Oct 2016
This second story was way better than the first.

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.