Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2010 10:08 PM

Dec 2007
I know that I am probably going to get flamed for this but.....this show is horrible. It is so boring and has such horrible characters. I seriously don't get why this show's score is decent.

This show puts me to sleep so I watch it right when I'm about to go to bed.

I just want to know what people find alluring about this anime because I'm at a loss for that.
Jan 28, 2010 2:46 PM

Jan 2010
I'd also like to know why.
\
Feb 3, 2010 1:05 AM

Aug 2009
You didn't like it, and that is all.
Please, try to don't choose your next anime just through popular scores. These are just statistics. There are many genres, and many types of watchers.
Don't you like Kannazuki? Then drop it. And if you may, give it a bad score.

Now my reasons:
Everybody can hate this anime because of Himeko, its stereotypical bad guys (although they are cool for a short series), its exaggerated GFX, and the fact that the main mecha almost always win with that kind of kamehame.

But I watched this 2 times because I like Chikane, I like its fast-paced plot, I like its music, and I like its almost-fine mixture between romance and mechas, far away from Escaflowne. And the 11th episode is really awesome. You could jump the previous episodes and watch only this one.

Now, why do you hate it or find it boring?
Feb 5, 2010 4:37 PM

Dec 2007
I never pick the shows I watch through scores. However, I was looking at the scores while I was watching it and I was just confused.

I have a no drop policy when I watch anime. If you look at my list you will see that is true. I also like all kinds of anime, and all kinds of genres.

For why I hated and feel that its boring - I feel no attachment to the characters nor the plot. The characters were very flat, 1 dimensional, and stagnant.

If we are going to compare this to Escaflowne, I would consider this the complete opposite. It had an interesting setting, characters that grew over time and a plotline that kept moving and worked towards a final goal. You had clearly marked heroes/villains with agendas that weren't see through.

Both of the main female leads in this show are so stereotypical. I just felt so much stuff was cliché, and just overall not well done. I am watching the spin off show to this as a bet with someone and I have the same exact feelings towards that show as well. They are both just not entertaining.
Mar 31, 2010 10:09 AM

Feb 2009
themongomania said:
.....this show is horrible. It is so boring and has such horrible characters. I seriously don't get why this show's score is decent.

True,true...and i want to add that in this show i saw the worst mecha battles ever!
And the characters are annoying and the ending is cliche...
If it wasn't for the imaginary rape that took place somewhere in the middle of the series i wouldn't even give it 5.But realy,that's all it deserves.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 1, 2010 4:12 AM
Jun 2008
People have their own taste of series, right? As for me, I find it very.. strange that someone doesn't like it. It's my favourite, of all times. My number one.
And why I like it, well. I like the story, how they're bonded to each other without knowing until the end where they figure (Himeko figures), that one has to die. And all this forbidden love thing, wow. And usually, I'm not into mecha or robots, and I don't see why they needed it in Kannazuki. But of course, there's always drawbacks. And I like sad, hearbreaking series. Which Kannazuki is. I've watched it countless of times, and I'm still crying. That's the kind of series I rank as top. When you cry the first time because of the story, and every following time.
But then again, everyone has their own taste.
Pardon me if this wasn't a good enough explanation, but this is from my sight. Someone who likes this series apart from me, could like it for other reasons.
Apr 2, 2010 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
maybe you don't get it because you think that the good thing to watch was the mechas, i think that the mecha part is not the center of this, and maybe you hate it because that was liltle far away to concentrate in ogami that's the tipic protagonist shounen boy.
maybe because yuo don't like yuri, just understand the yuri in a second plain, like a fanservice in an ecchi or a hentai
maybe you want to see more fight between the robots, and always that i read something about kannazuki, they said that the mecha shouldn't be in there in first place, and i agreed, maybe the authors make that to caught the attention of guys like you, that cannot understand it
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN WAY TO LOOK THE ANIME
ChaosLegion said:
themongomania said:
.....this show is horrible. It is so boring and has such horrible characters. I seriously don't get why this show's score is decent.

True,true...and i want to add that in this show i saw the worst mecha battles ever!
And the characters are annoying and the ending is cliche...
If it wasn't for the imaginary rape that took place somewhere in the middle of the series i wouldn't even give it 5.But realy,that's all it deserves.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING.YOUSEE IT MAYBE BECAUSE YOU READ THAT IS WAS YURI AND YOU HOPE MORE HENTAI ACTION, JUST LIKE MANY MALES THAT ARE DISPOINT ABOUT STRAWBERRY PANIC, THEY WANTED A REALLY RAPE WITOUHT
NOBODY INTERRUPTED, AND MANY HOT LESBIAN SEX.
PD I cried with this anime because you have to identify wiht the pain of the character in my case x3

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Apr 3, 2010 8:50 AM
Jun 2008
chuuchan said:
kotenshi, I couldn't agree more.

You were able to understand anything kotenshi said...?

That aside, Kannazuki no Miko was just a bundle of potential that went nowhere. It had a nice skeleton, but it didn't flesh anything out properly or reasonably. It was bad, yes, in amusing and facepalming ways, but more than bad I'd say it was disappointing, since there was so much that could have been salvaged from it.

I personally enjoyed the soundtrack and the fact that Chikane was a closet-case psycho and not as perfect as everyone thought she was.
Apr 3, 2010 12:05 PM

Feb 2009
Soundtrack was the only good thing in this show,indeed.Especially the ending is one of my favourites.
kotenshi said:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING.YOUSEE IT MAYBE BECAUSE YOU READ THAT IS WAS YURI AND YOU HOPE MORE HENTAI ACTION,

Not realy...have you seen the two girls from MAL Updater?Yep,they are Chikane and Himeko...and i thought they were cute so i watched it...and that was the first shoujo-ai i ever watched so i didn't have any wild expectations about it,therefore you're wrong.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 23, 2010 4:50 AM
Feb 2010
Actually i only watched ep 1 and i'm putting it on hold. Cos the ep 1 is so confusing... and ep 2 trailers look like Gundam lol. (There's a war, and every1 gets dragged in).

But seriously, the animation , sound effects, OPs and EDs are good, what I dun like about this series' first ep is its story presentation. It's too confusing.
May 22, 2010 1:55 AM

May 2010
OH this anime is horrible i was hoping it could be more interesting but the whole story and sound is kind of lame!!! Plus the whole mecha design sucks it looks like one of those power ranger giant robot thing. Man i wish they just "drop the whole power ranger giant threat to the world" and make another interesting plot i mean it is simply dreadful.
MyAmyMay 24, 2010 12:45 AM
Jun 28, 2010 7:06 PM

Dec 2009
tehnominator said:
chuuchan said:

That aside, Kannazuki no Miko was just a bundle of potential that went nowhere. It had a nice skeleton, but it didn't flesh anything out properly or reasonably. It was bad, yes, in amusing and facepalming ways, but more than bad I'd say it was disappointing, since there was so much that could have been salvaged from it.

I personally enjoyed the soundtrack and the fact that Chikane was a closet-case psycho and not as perfect as everyone thought she was.

I understood EVERYTHING Kotenshi said. I somewhat laughed because a great deal of what she said was true, albeit somewhat generalized. I could care less if it had mechs in it, that is just a part of the story that didn't really mean anything significant, it was a gap filler and not a terrible one. More of a neutral one.

If you watched the full anime/manga you'd know she was not psycho ;3 she just had an odd view of how to solve a problem.

Edit: The poster of the anime happens to have "One Piece" as a favorite, generally I'm not going to hit other peoples favorites but since he hit my favorite, I guess... Yeah Uh Main Stream ANIME!? Whats next? Dragon Ball Z? Naruto? Bleach? XDXDXD

YEX said:
OH this anime is horrible i was hoping it could be more interesting but the whole story and sound is kind of lame!!! Plus the whole mecha design sucks it looks like one of those power ranger giant robot thing. Man i wish they just "drop the whole power ranger giant threat to the world" and make another interesting plot i mean it is simply dreadful.

^It's one of those people Kotenshi was talking about. Like, oh my gawd, the mechs dont look cool enough! But wait, this is a love story, so who cares?

Dunkjoe said:
Actually i only watched ep 1 and i'm putting it on hold. Cos the ep 1 is so confusing... and ep 2 trailers look like Gundam lol. (There's a war, and every1 gets dragged in).

But seriously, the animation , sound effects, OPs and EDs are good, what I dun like about this series' first ep is its story presentation. It's too confusing.

Generally you need to get into a story before you understand every aspect of it lol.
mewiJun 28, 2010 7:30 PM
Jul 26, 2010 6:39 PM

Dec 2009
what the fuck... at least kill oogami! come one that guy did his very best and is there any kind of bigger contumeliousness then left for an other girl? especially he dated here before and she stated that she felt the same for him as for chikane o_O that's something oogami didn't deserve, thats something noboy deserves... give him a better ending with an respectfull death!

she ripped his balls of throw it into an meatgrinder and gave him the leftover back.

that anime is crap... it is the biggest insult boys have ever seen... left for an lesbian girl.

only girls can be so cruel anyway lol
Nov 14, 2010 10:42 PM

Dec 2007
mewi said:
Edit: The poster of the anime happens to have "One Piece" as a favorite, generally I'm not going to hit other peoples favorites but since he hit my favorite, I guess... Yeah Uh Main Stream ANIME!? Whats next? Dragon Ball Z? Naruto? Bleach? XDXDXD

I do like all of those shows, but I also am a huge fan of Monster, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Maison Ikkoku, Boogiepop Phantom, City Hunter, Slam Dunk, Touch, Rose of Versailles, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, and Captain Harlock just to name a few. I don't get why me liking some shounen shows must imply that I do not like any other kind of anime.

I have been an anime fan for over 15 years and yes I like popular shows and I also like shows not many people have heard of or talk about. I resent the fact that you think that since I like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, or Dragonball then that must mean all I like is "mainstream popular stuff" and that my opinion doesn't count.
Jan 17, 2011 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
I agree, it is a shit show that, for some reason, has a decent rating.
Jan 31, 2011 2:31 PM
Oct 2007
I can see why people hate/dislike this anime. To much tossed into 12 episodes, trying to appeal to everyone. Which can make it confusing to some people, making mixed emotions for others. It took me a few rewatches to get everything that the mangaka/director was trying to present to use as veiwers.

This is a love story plan and simple. With in this story the Mangaka is presenting and asking you as a person how far will you go for the one you love. What scrafices are you willing to make. If you missed this aspect or don't care about it this show will be lost on you.

Neodym, this is for your commment. Women can be cruel, just as much as us men. We can always look at all the harem shows and say samething about every cowardly/undecive male lead and say pick one and stop leading on the reat, its cruel. Be it male or female when there are 2 people chacing the same person there will be balls blended.
Feb 18, 2011 8:20 PM

Feb 2010
the mechas sucked a lot , they were unnecesary , the could gave them "powers" instead of mechas (like chikane with the bow)

but i loved the "romance" and liked chikane a lot
Mar 5, 2011 6:46 AM

Jan 2008
mewi said:
tehnominator said:
chuuchan said:

I understood EVERYTHING Kotenshi said.

lol sorry but tehnomi is very right. I read the post twice and am stlll not sure what kotenshi was trying to say. =D
It's obviously hard to read/understand, that's a fact.
mewi said:

What the hell?
You're whining that someones bashes an anime you like and then you go and do the exact same thing and feel like you're right? Oh my god.
This wasn't about "hitting other people's favourites" but about this particular show; stop taking it too personally and starting childish "My anime is better!!"-fights.
One Piece is "mainstream", as you put it, because it is generally liked and thought to be a vey good show! =D

Get over it, I think Kannazuki is a barely mediocre show, because of the nonsensical and jumbled up storyline, the sloppy and bad animation and lame characters ( maybe except for Chikane). The only thing fairly decent about it was indeed the music.

So, I basically agree with tehnomi's view on it.
SaorinMar 5, 2011 11:40 AM

Feb 18, 2014 3:22 AM

Jan 2009
i fell in love with chikane strong-willed character and the elegant ost.
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.

More topics from this board

» Is it still worth watching?

MEMEMAX - Jan 14

4 by Oxybeast »»
Jan 14, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 7, 2009

47 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 22, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 1 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 15, 2009

36 by rsc-pl »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Oct 5, 2009

24 by elgatosaika »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Kannazuki no Miko Episode 7 Discussion

TitanioVerde - Nov 27, 2009

14 by elgatosaika »»
Jun 9, 2023 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.