Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 4, 2008 6:48 AM

Jan 2008
Ho ~ Ho ~ so I was wondering :D how is your Korean :P

well for me being a half and not being in Korea in a really long time :P one word my Korean is ... BAD :'( well I really want to improve my Korean >< I can read and write it and I only understand alittle :x but my biggest problem is .. SPEAKING !

so how about you guys ^-^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 6, 2008 4:02 AM

Jan 2008
I'm pretty good..or fair enough..^^
cause I was bprn in Korea..and both of my parents are Korean^^
Mar 6, 2008 4:56 AM

Jan 2008
^ cool :D so I guess your Korean is good !
Mar 6, 2008 8:02 AM

Nov 2007
same with sound14.
Native Korean speaker.

btw she's my sister. ahahahaha =_=;;
XD

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Mar 6, 2008 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
hm. fluent speaker. but i'm still korean-american nonetheless. both parents are korean and born n raised in seoul.
Apr 5, 2008 4:22 AM

Jan 2008
That's cool:)
Jun 7, 2008 8:44 AM
Jun 2008
Wow, this thread hasn't gotten a reply for a while.

I'm fluent in speaking, although I was born and raised in Canada. It's just, I started speaking Korean since I was a little kid, mostly to communicate with my parents. I know how to read Korean, but I can't really write Korean. I also don't know numbers beyond 20. I know 100 is 'behk.' Oh well.
Jun 8, 2008 11:45 AM

Oct 2007
I can speak it and barely read it, but I can't write it.
Jun 8, 2008 7:31 PM

Apr 2008
I can speak read and write. although, my accent is pretty bad, my uncle would make fun of me everytime i spoke Korean.
and i have trouble writing. i'd forget to put an accent or 2 here and there.

Jun 9, 2008 10:55 AM

Jun 2008
I'm pretty good at it. I can read it and speak it, but I can't write it to good.

Jun 18, 2008 1:21 PM

Nov 2006
Hey! Um, I'm ashamed to say I can't speak, understand it, or write Korean. I am 100% Korean (born in Korea too), but I was adopted into an Italian-American family when I was only a few months old. I def. would love to learn it though and learn a bit more about the culture I came from...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2008 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
caboose_ftw said:
I can speak read and write. although, my accent is pretty bad, my uncle would make fun of me everytime i spoke Korean.
and i have trouble writing. i'd forget to put an accent or 2 here and there.

oh I see :) I remember my Korean uncle was making fun of my wiriting but my wiritng now improved XDD

Lolianna said:
I'm pretty good at it. I can read it and speak it, but I can't write it to good.

woow I wanna be good at speaking it someday :'(

ivorykeys said:
Hey! Um, I'm ashamed to say I can't speak, understand it, or write Korean. I am 100% Korean (born in Korea too), but I was adopted into an Italian-American family when I was only a few months old. I def. would love to learn it though and learn a bit more about the culture I came from...

same here T__T I am half and I lived all my life outisde Korea and never been there more then 4 or 3 times XDD but I'm going next year XDD I can't wait ^^
Aug 4, 2008 9:40 PM
Jul 2008
I'm kinda embarrassed of this but I can speak Korean pretty well yet I totally forgot how to write. :( I used to be able to when I was young then I came to Canada and just totally forgot. x_x
Sep 7, 2008 10:33 AM

May 2008
i'm pretty good speaking and understanding although on occasions while watching kdramas with my mom i'd be asking her alot of questions of what they were saying.
but i cannot read or write. (;_;)
EDIT: I can now read most things although it takes me a a minute to read 3 "letters" and i can write not really.
lambMay 29, 2009 8:57 PM
Sep 26, 2008 3:27 PM

Jan 2008
Well Im full blooded korean except my ancestry is Chinese. Doesnt make sense right? Well i can explain my family history in a private conversation :]

Well I can speak and write korean but i am not the best at it. My grammar and spelling is atrocious and i need to learn more vocabulary. But I can understand at least whole or half of the conversations i listen to except K-Dramas eh.. i can read though :]
Sep 27, 2008 5:48 AM

Aug 2008
Im only a Mix- so And I Grew Up In Singapore.. So.. My Korean IS Bad =[.. I really hope to improve it. I Joined Korean School in singapore when i was young and only join for 2 years and i quited as i dun have much time..
but at least i could understand and speak abt =]..
My mum and i Love to watch some korean dramas.. and i normally listen to it in korean and wif english sub which is for me to read when i dun understand =]
Oct 25, 2008 3:35 AM

Apr 2008
Oh i read everyones comments..

Well me i never be a Korean!ahahaha
my Nationalities are
Brazillan then half-Chinese half-American and half-Filipino!
I was just born in Brazil then i was just really a little kid when i was transferred to America so that i really dunno how to speak Brazillian!I know Chinese and Filipino is just so little!

When i was in America it was uhm when i was 12 yah right we started having a vacation in Korea then i learn so many Words!!Then i study and study Korean words!Ahahaha so happy bout it!So i'LL rate myself as Good!ok?

Translation:
Oh I는 각 그들을 논평한다 읽었다.

저가 솟아나온다 i는 결코 한국사람! ahahaha
나의 국적은 이다
Brazillan 그 후에 반 중국 반 영어 및 반 필리핀 사람!
나는 브라질에서 지금 막 태어났다 Brazillian를 말할 나가 미국으로 그래야 i 진짜로 dunno 방법 옮겨질 때 그 때 나가 다만 진짜로 작은 아이인! 나는 중국어와 필리핀 사람이 다만 아주 작다는 것을 알고 있다!

나가 미국에 있을 때 나가 그 때 나가 이렇게 많은 낱말을 배우는 맞았던 yah가 우리 한국에 있는 휴가를 보내기 시작한 12살일 때 uhm이었다!! Ahahaha 이렇게 행복한 시합 그것! 따라서 나는 좋을 것이 것과 같이 평가할 것이다! 좋습니다?

Okay answer and answer!LoL ok is my Korean speechs okay?

Mai; Inactive. Ta-tah!
Nov 16, 2008 2:35 PM
Sep 2008
I can speak it well, but forgot how to write or read korean.
Nov 30, 2008 3:42 PM

Oct 2008
My speaking of Korean is not very good enough to talk to some people and Hangul was never really taught from my family.

I'm very embarrassed that I can't speak and write in Korean, my parents are shamed by it >_>.
Dec 3, 2008 12:30 AM

Jan 2008
WMK said:
My speaking of Korean is not very good enough to talk to some people and Hangul was never really taught from my family.

I'm very embarrassed that I can't speak and write in Korean, my parents are shamed by it >_>.

speaking of being ashamed >.>;;; It's funny when I tell ppl that I can read and write but DON'T understand a lot they make fun of me :(
Dec 3, 2008 11:22 AM

Oct 2008
Do you ever find it hard to understand people with a strong Korean accent and when Koreans find it hard to understand your accent? My Canadian accent affects my Korean speaking and it becomes hard to pronounce certain Korean words in a Korean accent.
Dec 7, 2008 10:58 PM

Dec 2008
really? ive never heard of a korean canadian. lol, it sounds a little strange. i wonder what korean with a canadian accent sounds like. can you record plz? jk :P

well, for me, i'm alright. i can get by through normal conversations. once i get deep in conversation, i tend to say english words wit a korean accent like guitaruu or something like that/. i used guitar as an example because im playing it right now :]
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Dec 8, 2008 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
If any of you guys want to chat on VOIP and try to talk Korean >_>, I got a ventrillo server if you guys are interested just message :)
Dec 8, 2008 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
Umm, what can I say...? I was born in Korea and I lived in Korea for about 5-6 years. I live in the states right now but all my friends are Koreans (aka fobs) and I talk Korean to them. I could write and talk pretty well. But when it comes to writing out by hand (not type) then I suck :P
Jan 18, 2009 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
speaking/understanding are no problem for me
but
i can't write/type korean properly >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Jan 26, 2009 7:42 AM

Jan 2009
Reading: I am able to figure out words and sentences but I need to stare at them for a good 10-30 seconds for each character.......

Writing: I can write notes and what not good with the four symbol characters.

Speaking: For the love of...I can hardly make coherent sentences, but I can do what other Koreans say such as really, dead meat, stupid, whats the point?, be quiet, sorry, etc etc etc.

Though if it counts, I can understand what people are saying perfectly and I just reply back in English. Though I am guilty of saying I may know more Japanese than Korean...........-_-

Feb 9, 2009 4:57 PM
Dec 2007
I can read and understand Korean almost as well as English, and I can very fluently speak Korean as well.

but I haven't had a lot of chances to write in Korean since I started living in Canada, so I don't feel comfortable writing in Korean now.
Feb 12, 2009 6:30 AM

Oct 2008
Lcky-Rain said:
Though I am guilty of saying I may know more Japanese than Korean...........-_-

Traitor XD.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Where do you live?

DaeScope - Oct 23, 2008

22 by seiryuureborn »»
Jan 12, 2016 7:48 AM

» Some Anime with Korean dub

Shuidee - Mar 4, 2008

15 by luciferi »»
Oct 27, 2012 7:03 PM

Sticky: » You Know You're Korean When ...

Shuidee - Dec 3, 2008

16 by Yakuri »»
Jan 10, 2012 11:46 PM

» Introduce yourself ~

Shuidee - Dec 9, 2008

14 by Chicken_Ramen »»
Nov 17, 2010 5:33 AM

» Stuff Korean Moms Like

zSolaris - Jun 15, 2010

0 by zSolaris »»
Jun 15, 2010 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.