MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So Ra No Wo To Episode 4 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» So Ra No Wo To »» So Ra No Wo To Episode 4 Discussion

Pages (8) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: So Ra No Wo To Episode 4 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

57 47.90%
4 out of 5: Liked it

46 38.66%
3 out of 5: It was OK

11 9.24%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.84%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 3.36%
Voters: 119

01-26-10, 9:26 PM

I wouldn't mind if there became more serious and less slice of life.
But something like this is great too. Action Drama nuts need to cool down.
If one wants shounen-esque action, there are a great numerous amount of titles to choose from elsewhere.

I do think it's overrated for girl characters in shows to be like this and for guy characters to be all action. Which is kind of why I'm looking forward to watching Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
I also do admit I wouldn't mind this deviating from the slice of life atmosphere onto some actual war drama and action.
I'm basically content with what I have here, and figure I should be given the chances of this becoming a violent military drama anytime soon.

Personally, I have a hankering for a Stalingrad-esque show like this one. A bit of slice of life and variety to keep it balanced and not all "emo", but also a bit of this.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

01-27-10, 4:33 AM

Loved the sky when \kanata was playing the trumpet:)
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)

01-27-10, 6:09 AM

this really isn't going anywhere, huh?

01-27-10, 6:16 AM

ukonkivi said:
I wouldn't mind if there became more serious and less slice of life.
But something like this is great too. Action Drama nuts need to cool down.
If one wants shounen-esque action, there are a great numerous amount of titles to choose from elsewhere.
I do think it's overrated for girl characters in shows to be like this and for guy characters to be all action. Which is kind of why I'm looking forward to watching Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha.
I also do admit I wouldn't mind this deviating from the slice of life atmosphere onto some actual war drama and action.
I'm basically content with what I have here, and figure I should be given the chances of this becoming a violent military drama anytime soon.
i would like to vary my post a bit coz i greatly approve of this post.. i'm satisfied with what we have.. but if we get more, it's more than ok..

01-27-10, 8:22 AM

I pretty much like this show. There are many ways to think about possible storylines.
This whole ancient technology thing mixed with so many cultures is in my point of view very interesting. So what could happen?
Maybe they'll get some clues about the past of the world, what happened, what caused that downgrade in technology? Maybe, we will learn about how this mixture of cultures happened escactly. There are plenty of ways i could imagine fitting into this story with the current amount of backgroundstory.
And don't forget they are in a war and on the border of their country, even if there is just nothing across this border, but hey, perfect position for an outpost for the enemy.
A propos enemy: We still don't know who this war is against. Do they have the same mixture of culture, same technology and why did this war happen? Just for conquer, ressources, believe or anything else?
That is one of a few shows motivating me to think "deeply" about the background and further explanations.

And to see, that these girls "happyly" live their daily life, merging toghether more like a familiy (e.g. Phylicia and Rio describing each other as mother) and the possibility of real war breaking into their life, for me this is something like a tense and sad situation.

This really is a mean technice of suspence... showing happy life all along and slowly inviting all things of possibilities, that could cause real trouble. The longer the show now, the more i don't want to happen anything to them.
If you can't get good help, get mor help!

01-27-10, 9:39 AM

Finally Noel's episode, pretty good.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

01-27-10, 10:27 AM

Why don't people that don't like shows, y'know, drop them?
I think four episodes in is a more than acceptable amount to realise you're really not going to enjoy something and should stop wasting your time on it.

Honestly, I seriously don't understand the point in a "no-drop" policy.

Anyway, NOEL <3333 god the end was so cuuuute.
I lol'ed when Kanata could suddenly play the trumpet. YEAH, THAT'S TOTALLY HOW IT WORKS.

01-27-10, 10:55 AM

MrsChaos42 said:
Honestly, I seriously don't understand the point in a "no-drop" policy.

Because people are constantly told they can't decide if something is good or not unless they've watched the whole darn thing.
And because you can't downrate a show on MyAnimeList that you haven't watched.

I mean, you could lie, but most people don't want to put themselves in a position of pretending.

Noel

My favorite character, personally.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

01-27-10, 7:12 PM

Not sure why everyone is so butt-hurt over this show. I'm just enjoying it for what it is. I think some people are taking it too seriously. Then again, my idea of a good anime is fairly different from most, considering I applaud slow pacing and plot really isn't necessary at all for me. Either way, I am enjoying this show greatly.

Still, being able to suddenly play the trumpet like that was damn funny.
"LET THE TRUMPET PLAY ITSELF? OHSHI-- *Can now play beautifully*"

<3 Noel and Kanata this time around.
-

01-28-10, 5:01 AM

"it was a marine mammal back when life existed in the sea"
I blame second impact, wait wut........... different series

i liked the episode a lot, pretty enjoyable and we got some more backstory (much better at moving the plot ahead unlike episode 3) then again most of whether i enjoy the series or not depends really on how they end it but i am pretty happy with the series so far since i was expecting some bad version of K-On in the military with little to no story structure

01-28-10, 5:30 AM

Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

01-28-10, 5:38 AM

ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.
It's worth enough to be said again : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

01-28-10, 5:58 AM

Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

And again. xD
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

01-28-10, 6:05 AM

OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

And again. xD

But Noel only loves Kanata. :C

01-28-10, 6:26 AM

Comanechi said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.
And again. xD
OH SHI-
See what you now did : < Woah what's up with my grammar today? O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.

01-28-10, 8:23 AM

As much as I liked the glass part of the anime (reminded me so much of Aria and the trip to that glass factory), i disliked 2 things about the episode. First was the pointlessness of the child hating the army (at least its pointless as of now, but will remain pointless if they do not expand on that point). Second was the miraculous excellent playing skill of Kanata suddenly.

Either way, for all you haters out there, seriously, stop watching. This is not K-On, this is not Valkyria Chronicles. If anything, its a mix of Haibane Renmei and Aria, albeit a much poorer version, but still decent. Stop expecting action or moeblobs.

01-28-10, 8:25 AM

Comanechi said:
OrochiPL said:
Oosran said:
ironflowers said:
Hate Kanata.
Love Noel.

And again. xD

Exactly where my GIF comes in.... Kanata x Noel + harem = we still don't know who Kanata will love most at the end but this episode definitely Noel more than anything.

In spoiler my anime list for now.

01-28-10, 8:38 AM

You've been smoking stuff again, haven't you francis? O.o

01-28-10, 9:00 AM

K-on ep4=yui becoming good at guitar
Sora no Woto ep4= kanata becoming good at trumpet...

i hope this will be the last similarity because it is now different from k-on. there are now hints of plot: a war with major changes in the world, hope they'll expand on that. there are also some bitterness from that kid in the orphanage. When i heard that the old man at the factory is a Meister ,Gundam 00 popped in my mind(inside of the tank is similar to cockpit of a Gundam XD).

its also ok for me if they enter a battle sometime in the later eps, as long as we get to see what that tank is capable of.

01-28-10, 9:41 AM

belatkuro said:
K-on ep4=yui becoming good at guitar
Sora no Woto ep4= kanata becoming good at trumpet...

i hope this will be the last similarity because it is now different from k-on.
Oh no but that has to be a coincidence, don't you think? xD

When i heard that the old man at the factory is a Meister ,Gundam 00 popped in my mind(inside of the tank is similar to cockpit of a Gundam XD).
My head too, and I'm still wondering what my gundamu is doing in this anime xD.

Pages (8) -3 -2 [-1] 0 1 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices