Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2016 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pacing felt kinda slow this episode. But that's fine, it was funny with Trunks' reaction at seeing Android 18 with a daughter. Oh how times have changed lol...

I also lol'd @ mini Trunks trying to flirt with Mei. Kids these days.
Jul 30, 2016 6:10 PM

Dec 2015
SSJ2 kept getting spotlight is great. Probably Goku transformed into SSJ2 in Super already as many as in DBZ.

Next week Trunks tried to use USSJ2?
Fellaini is God
Jul 30, 2016 6:41 PM

Jul 2015
Android 18 smiling. Idk why that's such a big deal to me but 18's smile is just beautiful. Now, Zamsus or whatever that Kai's name is. They said that his ki is similar to Black's but not quite the same, which would throw off the speculation that he's the possessing Goku's body. But at the end, he shows hatred towards Goku and even says "Humans are dangerous, Son Goku, I'll remember that name" Her might just be Black. The way he thinks of humans to me is incredibly close to Black's sense of "justice." AND if he went back to the past to get to Goku's body, the events would probably be something like this.

-He somehow switches from his universe to Goku's universe.
-Somehow time travels back to when Goku's corpse was still around or maybe even when Goku was still alive. Obviously this is tricky and I'm sure I'm wrong in some aspects.

It's just that this kai literally shares the same view as Black and the preview for next episode literally shows him opening the box with the rings
Jul 30, 2016 8:09 PM

Sep 2014
So... goku indirectly created balck? The time travel plot is getting a mess ×.×.
Jul 30, 2016 8:15 PM

Apr 2013
From this episode I think we are given quite a clear picture on how Zamasu turned out to be Black. Obviously after losing to Goku, he gets bitter it, and his hatred towards humans intensifies.

Now the only thing we have to find out is how he managed to get hold of Goku's body (future's version), which the next episode doesn't seem to provide any answers, yet.

Next episode, Trunks' training!

Jul 30, 2016 8:22 PM

Nov 2008
Yay, this episode finally answered a question that ive been wondering for a long time, how would Future Trunks react to that Android 18 and Krillen are married, this was a good episode again.

Now lets see Future Trunks meet Majin Buu.
Jul 30, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2016
Zamasu certainly has been shown to have some connection to Black but not enough to conclude they are the same one. I have to agree that the SSJ2 is getting more screentime now lol

Trunks has the same potential as Gohan, the idea of training with Vegeta is actually excellent. Like the old times in the RoSaT xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Jul 31, 2016 3:08 AM
Jul 2016
Is their a chance that the older Kai is Black or that they fused? I mean they both have the same colour earrings. And I don't know Japanese so I don't know what sketchy thing he was thinking after he locked up the rings again.
Jul 31, 2016 4:27 AM
Mar 2010
Trunks reaction to 18 is kinda funny and I think his jealous sorry trunks but Krilin beats you to it, even if Krilin lose in fights at least he wins in life.
Jul 31, 2016 5:38 AM

Nov 2009
The episode itself might have been slow but the build up in this arc has been really good.

It's pretty clear now that Goku, Beerus and Whis have set the events in motion that caused Black to exist in the first place now.
Jul 31, 2016 5:48 AM
Apr 2014
Finally the 18 and Trunks interaction
Universe 10 has humans too? the fuck? It made sense for Universe 6 to have humans and a planet earth that was destroyed since it was a paired with Universe 7, Actually I should've questionned the fact that they even have Kaioshins, seems like we're gonna see the same races in every universe, well it's okay as long as they don't have a planet "earth" of their own.
I'm sick of that opening song, I hope they change it in the next arc and don't keep it for the entirety of the anime.
I bet Zamasu will be part of that every Universe tournament.
Jul 31, 2016 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
Ok, that scene with 18 was adorable. Don't think she's ever laughed or smiled that much before. XD

Zamasu was fairly impressive, relatively speaking. He wasn't totally destroyed by a SS 2. XD
Jul 31, 2016 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
this show is really feelin slow now
Scream!
Jul 31, 2016 6:48 AM

Dec 2014
finally trunks saw 18.... so why did he travelled to universe 7 that kaio from universe 10 in the future as black.. maybe he destroyed all humans in other universes and then reached universe 7.....
ibraheem234Jul 31, 2016 7:11 AM
Jul 31, 2016 6:50 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, I expected Zamasu to fight on par with SSJ3 but I guess being able to stand upto SSJ2 is good enough, Honestly though I want more spotlight on SSJ3 than 2 XD

The scene with Kid Trunks trying to flirt with Mai and Future Trunks being dense was funny.

It seems like this particular meeting with Goku has bolstered the hatred in Zamasu. Wonder how he will tie into Black.
Jul 31, 2016 6:56 AM

Feb 2013
I don't think Zamasu and Black are or will be the same person, maybe he will be like Piccolo when he split in two parts.
Jul 31, 2016 7:22 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I like what Zamasu said in the 1st couple minutes of the show. Sort of bible like since the humans are always in a cycle of prosper, war, repeat. No matter how many times God punished the humans, they always ended up breaking that prosperity and going to war. Even today humans are still repeating that cycle.

Zamasu most likely fought a supressed SSJ 2 Goku. If Goku really went all out in his SSJ 2 form the fight would have been one sided. I did see some similar things between Black and Zamasu. Their views on humans, their hatred for Goku, similar ki, fighting stance.

One thing that bugs me is, Will Black be like the Androids where Trunks gets a power boost in the current time line, kills the present Black which could be Zamasu and then goes back to his time to kill Black(Goku). It would be a repeat of the Android/Cell saga.

Moving on to Mai and the group. I think Mai knows she's an old woman that is in a child's body. Which is why she's refusing to like Kid Trunks and why she prefers older Trunks, because he's closer to her age.

Preview for next episode looks pretty intense.

Jul 31, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
????But Goku is a Sayian not Human
Jul 31, 2016 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
LovelyHikari said:

Moving on to Mai and the group. I think Mai knows she's an old woman that is in a child's body. Which is why she's refusing to like Kid Trunks and why she prefers older Trunks, because he's closer to her age.
Why she wouldn't know that? Pilaf's gang have all their memories before they made that wish by mistake too. It was a similar mistake that Pilaf had done in DBGT when he summoned the dragon from the Black Star Dragon Balls and accidentally wished for Goku to turn into a kid.

ssjathena said:
probably all monkeys look alike to Zamasu. :D
Jul 31, 2016 8:23 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ssjathena said:

Zamasu meant he has human like characteristics, 2 arms, 2 legs, you know. He didn't refer to Goku as a human Earthling.

Jul 31, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
Why do they have to keep making Goku act like a little ****? If they're attempting to create the most dislikeable main character of all time, they're well on their way to that spot with him. Every time he shows signs he might be getting a little better, they'll **** up his personality the next episode.
I also don't get why Black continues to refer to Goku as a human, when it was clearly stated to him that Goku is, in fact, a saiyan. This might be excusable if we were dealing with a regular person, but a god shouldn't make a mistake like this.

Overall, this was by far the worst episode from the Black arc so far; not a single thing to like about it. Next week like nothing special is going to happen, with Trunks fighting against overpowered Vegeta. I wonder how that'll end (not).
Jul 31, 2016 8:30 AM

Jan 2016
stupid kaioshin. I'm guessing future black fused with dead goku who probably traveled through different other worlds looking for fights or something.... (hence the slightly different ki) or goku of universe 10 who would be evil? presuming there is one?
Zamasu is just like a human, so he is angry. But funny how he calls goku a human when it was clearly stated to him he is not....
This is looking scary for the dragon ball universe, but looks like SSB training for trunks form vegeta?!

Jul 31, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2014
Slow-paced but good episode.Zamasu confirms to be Black from the future and has deep hatred for humanity.His battle with Goku was ok he went par with SSJ2 Goku without problem and he took the hit only because he spaced out.Goku,Beerus and Whis notice that Zamasu's ki is similar to Black's.Future Trunks meeting 18 was really good.About the moments of Pilaf's gang and the stupid pair Trunks x Mai I really cannot stand them at all.

4/5
Jul 31, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2008
LovelyHikari said:
ssjathena said:

Zamasu meant he has human like characteristics, 2 arms, 2 legs, you know. He didn't refer to Goku as a human Earthling.

That makes some sense. He's humanoid, not human, but it's just easier to call him the latter. I wouldn't be surprised if Zamasu didn't know what a saiyan was, and just figured it was a variant of human. Could be that saiyans don't exist in Universe 10.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 31, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
Goku is not a good example of how human is like. Heck, he's an alien.

Jul 31, 2016 9:54 AM
Jun 2015
Drake1000 said:
Universe 10 has humans too? the fuck? It made sense for Universe 6 to have humans and a planet earth that was destroyed since it was a paired with Universe 7, Actually I should've questionned the fact that they even have Kaioshins, seems like we're gonna see the same races in every universe, well it's okay as long as they don't have a planet "earth" of their own.
I'm sick of that opening song, I hope they change it in the next arc and don't keep it for the entirety of the anime.

when the say humans they mean mortals its a mistranslation
Jul 31, 2016 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Future Trunks's reaction to Krillin and Android 18 got married was nice.

I don't think Zamasu might be Black from the future!
Jul 31, 2016 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
Lol, I somehow can imagine an evil trunks in the future. Just think about it, he fancies Mai but she met his older/better more mature version. Daamn way to go little trunks. I hope you will get more mature by this.

Also Kaioshin weaklings seeing Goku is always nice. That said, probably even Piccollo (when fused with kami) would make them wonder.

Considering every universe has its own gods, why do they know our Beerus so "well"?

Last thing, I remember trunks hair beeing purple. Now its almost as blue as vegetas when in SSJB state.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 31, 2016 10:38 AM
Apr 2013
I got a weird feeling... what if.... Black only have about SSJ2 power because that what goku used on Zamasu in this episode?
Jul 31, 2016 10:44 AM
Apr 2016
Arrggh!!! I hate it when zamsus said Goku was Human , althought Beerus already said he is from Saiyan descent.
Jul 31, 2016 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
Zim_Irk said:
Drake1000 said:

Yeah, I thought that too
Jul 31, 2016 2:15 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode, So actually goku just created black in this episode.
Jul 31, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2014
Well, I thought the yellow Kaioshin was Black since he had the same color earring, but...
So Zamasu already hate human and Goku just make it worse...Goku is not human tho.
Jul 31, 2016 4:50 PM

Oct 2010
Zamasu refers to Goku as a ningen, typically translated as "human" but meaning something more like "mortal", "non-god" in this case.

Source: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/759541397057744896
Jul 31, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Really liked that episode. Trunks reaction when he saw 18 was funny and I loved 18's smile :)
Times really have changed since DBZ.

Also the scenes with Beerus and Goku haha to good, I love their interaction :D

Hmm I'm not sure what I should think about Zamasu. First of all I love that they got Miki Shinichiro as his voice actor, absolute perfect <3

Zamasu seems to have a dark side, that showed especailly if it has to do with humans or in this episodes case when he met Goku. The fight was nice, even if it was short. Zamasus aura also seemed to be like almost the same as Blacks one. So there are definitely a lot of options how Black became Black.

Next episode looks promising. To see Vegeta train with Trunks again after such a long time, this can only be good :)

Jul 31, 2016 6:06 PM
Apr 2014
Zim_Irk said:
Drake1000 said:

Hyack said:
Zamasu refers to Goku as a ningen, typically translated as "human" but meaning something more like "mortal", "non-god" in this case.

Source: https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/759541397057744896

Oh okay, I forgot that Kaioshins are supposed to be immortal/live longer than mortals, that's certainly better than having humans/sayains/Namek/frieza in literally every universe.
Jul 31, 2016 6:12 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Hilarious scene where Trunks meets Kirilin's wife. Top kek
Jul 31, 2016 6:29 PM

Jan 2009
lol at the reaction of Trunks when he saw Android 18 being the wife of Krillin

and next episode is hype, Vegeta is training Future Trunks
Jul 31, 2016 8:45 PM

Dec 2015
NewHJ said:
Ulquiorra said:
I don't think Zamasu and Black are or will be the same person, maybe he will be like Piccolo when he split in two parts.

I think I agree. He will probably split in the good and evil halfs, and his evil half will take the form of Goku because of his hatred against people.

If its true, DBS hater will probably screaming "Recycle event again?! Piccolo split again? Good & Evil Buu again!? Super suck!!?"
Fellaini is God
Jul 31, 2016 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
Not so subtle on the Zamasu become future Black... Zamasu has similar energy to Black, hates humans and wants to kill them all like Black did, Zamasu now has knowledge of the time ring, all he has to do now is go back in time and either A) fuse with alternate universe's Goku's body and become Black or B) use whatever plot contrivance to take over alterne universes's Goku's body or C) Make Zamasu's dark Ki a mcguffin that separates from Zamasu and becomes a separate entity that does either A or B...
Jul 31, 2016 10:51 PM
Jul 2016
This episode was hilarious. Goku was a clown and we see that Zamasu is clearly tied to Goku Black.

Aug 1, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2008
next episode: Vegeta teach Trunks to become a Super Sayan God, "oks when you become a Super Saiyan God, your eyes and your hair becomes blue", trunks emm done.
Aug 1, 2016 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
This episode felt really long, in a good way. Every scene was entertaining and interesting to watch, especially 18 meeting Future Trunks again. Killing someone else in an alternate dimension and then meeting them again in another one, finding out they actually married to someone you know. Awkward af

Though right now, I believe either Goku Black - Zamasu is similiar to the Piccolo-Kami situation, or Goku Black is a potara-fused version of Goku (from an alt. universe) and Zamasu.

Edit: Although now that I think about it, the elder Kai could potentially have something to do with it too. It would be a bit of a twist. There seems to be conveniently too much evidence going against Zamasu.
LeMastaAug 1, 2016 11:25 AM
Aug 1, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2015
Next episode we get Vegeta-sensei again... Nice to see Fans & Viewers coming along with some nice hypothesis... speculating why/how Black is in Goku body and what methods he might use/used. Keep it coming!

Lord_Odous said:
From this episode I think we are given quite a clear picture on how Zamasu turned out to be Black. Obviously after losing to Goku, he gets bitter it, and his hatred towards humans intensifies.

Now the only thing we have to find out is how he managed to get hold of Goku's body (future's version), which the next episode doesn't seem to provide any answers, yet.

Next episode, Trunks' training!
+1

Ulquiorra said:
Now you got me thinking, Nice!

BROKENMattHardy said:
I'm guessing those portara earings he's wearing allow him to take over the other person's body instead of creating a hybrid body that resembles both people.
That would explain why he only has one, maybe the other is in the body of Black suspended animation/sleeping body (similar to Ino from Naruto when he is in another body)… Nice theory!
Aug 1, 2016 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
Self-fulfilling prophecy . . . Good job, Goku.
Aug 1, 2016 3:47 PM

May 2014
I actually found this ep. very interesting even though the fight between Kaio-sama and Goku were too short. Even though Goku won this time, I believe it's because he held back and that's the reason the fight didn't get so intense.

It's gonna be interesting why he the Kaio dude have the same Ki as black Goku. I believe it's maybe because they are similar to each other. I believe the grudge Zamasu have against human is still there and haven't vanished. It will be interesting how this turns out.
Aug 1, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2014
Wrsty said:
Android 18 smiling. Idk why that's such a big deal to me but 18's smile is just beautiful. Now, Zamsus or whatever that Kai's name is. They said that his ki is similar to Black's but not quite the same, which would throw off the speculation that he's the possessing Goku's body. But at the end, he shows hatred towards Goku and even says "Humans are dangerous, Son Goku, I'll remember that name" Her might just be Black. The way he thinks of humans to me is incredibly close to Black's sense of "justice." AND if he went back to the past to get to Goku's body, the events would probably be something like this.

-He somehow switches from his universe to Goku's universe.
-Somehow time travels back to when Goku's corpse was still around or maybe even when Goku was still alive. Obviously this is tricky and I'm sure I'm wrong in some aspects.

It's just that this kai literally shares the same view as Black and the preview for next episode literally shows him opening the box with the rings

I know right. I also believe that. So if he isn't possessing him or is a version of him in anyway, he has to have a connection with him in one way or another. It's gonna be interesting how this turns out.
Aug 1, 2016 3:55 PM

May 2014
Drake1000 said:

A opening by Toei usually last for 50-60 ep., just like in one piece. But as you said, I also hope they change it. I have really get tired of it too. -.-
Aug 2, 2016 12:18 AM
Jun 2013
The way I understand is that humans to the kaioshin simply means some kind of species type. After all saiyan is able to mate with humans so species wise they are the same, at least based on DBZ logic. The fact that Saiyans are op and has a tail that allows them to transform don't matter lol.

Decent episode. I don't like how zamasu just looks like the green-skinned version of universe 7 kaioshin. Toriyama-san probably don't give a damn about character design anymore. Just swap their color pallet and voila. The fighting animation is quite atrocious but that's nothing new at this point. Next episode looks interesting with trunks witnessing ssjb for the first time and looks like Vegeta will train him to become one.
Aug 2, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
Well that was interesting, now the question is just how Zamasu takes on Goku's form. This arc ain't so bad actually.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Today, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Today, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.