Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
Ok so it was overall just another zombie survival thingie. Was watching it for the graphics, because they seemed bit outstanding.

Then there was some silly black smoke, a zombie pillar entity like apocalypse no toride had, i thought it's amusing. Up to this point i thought the show is alright.

But around episode 8 or 9 evil prince charming shows up and plots to destroy the world to somehow compensate for his little dick size or something.

Yes the actual reason was mentioned, but it seemed to not hold any water. It just didn't make any sense. Everything seemed pointlessly stupid and meaningless.

It's amazing how they managed to destroy an already boring theme, the zombie theme, by includng some nonsensical character and meaningless plot twist.

A decent ending would have been more like this:
Biba never makes a appearance.

Ikoma gets magic enchantment / power up out of nowhere just by fighting those zombies.

Mumei is Ikoma's waifu / personal bitch / seductress / whatever.

And they keep traveling / rebuilding railways to kill zombies, because it's cool.

There, a much better ending.

But seriously, i don't get the point of the actual ending. What the hell was the idea, what was the goal they tried to reach by making that sort of ending? I am seriously confused about this nonsense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2016 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Peralisc said:
What the hell was the idea, what was the goal they tried to reach by making that sort of ending?
I provide a summary in the paragraph below, but these posts describe it better (and with pictures):
http://innerchorus.tumblr.com/post/146658296434/biba-fear-other-emotions
http://innerchorus.tumblr.com/post/147493098739/biba-and-ikoma-in-episode-12-you-are-not-afraid

Biba was more of a thematic character who was centered around a hatred of fear with the belief that "the strong survival, and the weak die" is the way of the world. He tries hard to avoid being like his father, but ends up becoming a coward just like his father. After finally killing him, Biba's not sure what to do with himself, but then he sees Ikoma, "a soul without fear" and decides to try and prove his way of thinking right. At the end of their fight, Biba LETS Ikoma shoot him because the strong & fearless should kill the weak cowards (he acknowledges himself as a coward upon being caught sneaking behind Ikoma)...but since Biba was a Kabaneri and Ikoma missed the heart, he lived. Ikoma didn't finish him off but instead went off to save the weak (Mumei). That frustrated him. He didn't want Ikoma to simply die after that because that would mean his beliefs were wrong, so he shoots the white blood into Ikoma and tries to get him to continue fighting. But then Mumei kills him and shatters his beliefs...

Araki (the director) said in an interview that he wanted this to be a "perennial loser fights back" sort of story. The ending emphasizes that the weak (and occasionally helpless) can beat the strong, and that "the strong survive, the weak die" is most certainly not the way of the world.
Phoebe3315Jul 30, 2016 2:17 PM
Jul 30, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
I think i understand what you are saying.

However Ikoma didn't come across as a loser. More like a geek that done his research well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
Peralisc said:
I think i understand what you are saying.

However Ikoma didn't come across as a loser. More like a geek that done his research well.
Yeah but he and Mumei made a lot of mistakes and failed to stop Biba earlier. I think that's why they can be considered losers.
Aug 5, 2016 10:43 AM
Dec 2008
Interesting discussion and analysis in those links above.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Today, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.