Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm an episode focused on Lucia but she's definitely not her usual self..

Given her past and experimentation...and side effects of her abilities/curse, not a pleasant sight to see.
The buildup and execution feels rushed but whatever, I did somewhat like Tennouji and Lucia's character chemistry this episode. That white shirt fan service though

Stark700Jul 30, 2016 9:22 AM
Jul 30, 2016 8:10 AM
Jun 2013
Ryukishi07's reaction when he watch this ep and see how mess up his route (also Best heroine route in Rewrite visual novel) was in anime...
halovn113Jul 30, 2016 8:13 AM
Jul 30, 2016 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
I'm just going to wait for the subs to come out before I make a judgement on that, but it is expected to be rushed in that way. Hopefully it's not too rushed in a way.
Jul 30, 2016 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Well I finished the episode.
Funny enough yes it was pretty fast paced... I think it was understandable enough but I think it worked in some way for the Original Route, in some way.

Though they could have done this in two episodes max if it was the case, of course they changed some scenes in order to fit in anime format.
Jul 30, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2012
I'm fine that they are only giving small backstories and not going into the heroine routes too much but I swear this 6th route better end with a harem. Also I loved the soundtrack for this episode although I kinda wish we had a different song play but I guess they will save it for Chihaya or Kotori.
Jul 30, 2016 9:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Can't have enough of

Lucia is awesome, really like her design. Obviously rushed as fuck, but hey i enjoyed this episode as well. I can't go higher than a 7/10 though knowing that this could have been amazing.
Jul 30, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2016
VERY VERY fast paced.
Had everything important in it, but miss one line and you are confused. Also barely time for anything to have emotional impact. ANd barely any time to let anything progress, so unless you know what's going on to begin with, you might get lost.

So, Chihaya and Lucia did not make up at all? I really hope that will still happen later..

The Ending was pretty amazing. Song and visuals, very good.

That preview though - getting my hyped.

Actually, other then the super lightning pacing the episode was great. That pacing however gives the episode a deduction.
Jul 30, 2016 9:44 AM

Jan 2016
With each new episode I enjoy more and more. Perhaps, we will receive a portion of action in next episode, it is good that there are more of fine shows in that season to divert myself till next Saturday.
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Jul 30, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2015
I'm getting curious about class-rep's hand than the Haruka's curse story thanks to Shizuru. Oh well, since they're the same person all this time. Means that I have no need to wait for another episode to solve the mystery. I guess the curse take longer time to have full effect on human than plants huh? Kotarou's doing a pretty good job by withstand that pain all night.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 30, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2012
So rushed q.q

Still epic, but man....

Lucia - Chihaya fight wasn't really resolved...
Jul 30, 2016 9:59 AM
Feb 2016
Let me hop in as well. This episode was good but should have, could have been better with pacing. Although with 13 episodes for a long VN its a lot to ask for. I'm interested in next episode though. Will they continue Lucia's story or go into another character? Last thought: wasn't expecting to hear the organizations name til well the VN readers should know by when if they know what I mean.
Jul 30, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode

I guess Tennouji is the only guy who can be with Lucia now since he's immune to her poison

Jul 30, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2012
Well it's great that HE can touch Lucia, but nothing else living can right? She's still fucked then. :( At least she's got big, beautiful tits! XD

So is ghost girl The Key? Seems obvious...
Jul 30, 2016 10:07 AM

Jul 2016
I had made a fatal mistake of (re)playing Lucia route before watching this episode so it wasn't a surprise for me, aside of how gracefully they let Kotarou friendzone Class Rep :)
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jul 30, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2011
krasnayaZvezda said:
I had made a fatal mistake of (re)playing Lucia route before watching this episode so it wasn't a surprise for me, aside of how gracefully they let Kotarou friendzone Class Rep :)
The cringe is so real (I actually just did the same thing), I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT 8-bit fuck you so hard, i've tried to keep quiet until now but not when you start spoiling the best parts of the VN in a new original route. Especially if you friendzone Lucia after all that. I don't have enough words for this and i am utterly displeased ,no disgusted by this,let's just continue to shit on kotori akane and chihaya routes too, i bet that will be fucking fun,inb4 you have 4 episodes left for the kagari route you idiots.
Jul 30, 2016 10:15 AM

Mar 2010
I might be biased because I played this route in the VN but that was REALLY rushed. Like what the hell was that jump from the bedroom scene to the orphanage. Everything was also toned down apparently the church scene was suppose to be way more intense. This is definitely the worse KEY adaptation so far.
Jul 30, 2016 10:20 AM

Sep 2010
Lucia's backstory was sad! ToT
While the episode felt rushed, it was the most glaring between when Lucia revealed her powers and Kotarou going to investigate the orphanage as @jchang said.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jul 30, 2016 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Lucia, her backstory was so sad!

The episode felt so rushed!
Jul 30, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2013
Thank you so much 8bit for fucking up my favorite route.
Jul 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Aug 2014
Last ep was good but damn this ep was just one hell of a rushed mess going from one event to the other, buthering best girl Lucia's route and romance :<

I wonder what's up with next ep? I was guessing either Chihaya, Kotori or Akane's backstories would be next, but I guess not...
Jul 30, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Poor Lucia, her backstory was so sad!

The episode felt so rushed!

Trust me,it was rushed and you could barely feel anything due to the rushing.
Jul 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2015
I hope we get reboots for Angel Beats, Rewrite and Charlotte. It won't be the first time for Key.

About the episode: No comments. I don't want to state the obvious like everyone else already said.
Jul 30, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
How can they turn my favorite VN into THIS?
Jul 30, 2016 10:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Newsflash: you can't make drama emotional when you're rushing through it like a runaway train

Not that I was expecting anything else at this point

Well anyway
HaXXspettenJul 30, 2016 10:39 AM
Jul 30, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
And let the salt commence again .x. *runs away* But oh well .-.

It was expected tbh, I think they will just do this to focus on "Key" at least on that end. I personally wouldnt go out of my way cursing the studio because in all honesty I was 50-50 from the start so. And raging over it, doesn't solve anything for me.
Jul 30, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2008
Well you right I wasn't really expecting anything for anime cause anime version expect that you already have played Rewrite.
Since all fans want an anime they made it just like this lol.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 30, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
stop thinking everything is fast paced because u read slow. this is fine
Jul 30, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2015
halovn113 said:
Ryukishi07's reaction when he watch this ep and see how mess up his route (also Best heroine route in Rewrite visual novel) was in anime...

This was my reaction... I am a HUGE Ryukishi07 fanboy and everyone was hyping up this route to me especially saying he wrote it. I just watched it, and I was like this can't be written by Ryukishi, he wouldn't put his name on a piece of crap generic thing like this. People were telling me it was dark too, and I didn't really see that to be honest. I mean she couldn't touch people and killed plants, and a few rabbits.. ok?

It has to be better in the VN... I hope lol.
Jul 30, 2016 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Cejara said:
halovn113 said:

This was my reaction... I am a HUGE Ryukishi07 fanboy and everyone was hyping up this route to me especially saying he wrote it. I just watched it, and I was like this can't be written by Ryukishi, he wouldn't put his name on a piece of crap generic thing like this. People were telling me it was dark too, and I didn't really see that to be honest. I mean she couldn't touch people and killed plants, and a few rabbits.. ok?

The story is totally out of context and rushed. It was only the first 1/3 of Lucia's route and they changed a lot of things.

Please see the real deal in the VN. You will like it.
Jul 30, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
shut the fuck up VN readers..jesus christ.

"please read the vn" "please don't watch this" "please let me force my opinion on everyone" MY GOD STOP SERIOUSLY

this is why i hate these discussions. No one gives a shit if you like the VN more than the anime, people won't read the source just because you're telling them to do it.

This is a different media with different plans for the script. Stop comparing them especially in this case since Rewrite is a fucking huge VN with different timelines and controversial routes. IF YOU THINK ITS SO EASY TO ADAPT THIS, WHY DON'T YOU TRY BY YOURSELF?

The episode was fine and we don't need comparisons with the visual novel here. Go back to the game if you're so unpleased with the adaptation, but stop shitting on the forums with your bullshit butthurt.

Let the anime onlies breath for god's sake..
Jul 30, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
eslej said:
Cejara said:

The story is totally out of context and rushed. It was only the first 1/3 of Lucia's route and they changed a lot of things.

Agreed, 8bit has fucked this so badly.
Jul 30, 2016 11:26 AM
Oct 2015
best route adapted
speechless :(

for those who only watch the tv version
i might want u guys to consider to read the VN
if u want know the full story of course

but i guess 8bit still has something after that last scene
it makes me curious
i guess i will wait to find out that
Jul 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Dec 2015
eslej said:
Cejara said:

Yeah, it felt like a total mess to me. I been meaning to get the VN, but bought MH Generations instead since my 3 friends and I play together :(. Its next on my list though.
Jul 30, 2016 11:28 AM
Jun 2013
Cejara said:
halovn113 said:

Although it just only 1/3 Lucia's route but it rushed. You can't feel anything in anime because it rush too fast. In VN, you will chill during investigation and quitely creepy just like other Ryukishi07 works. (although it has been limited because he is not main Rewrite writer). And how smart Lucia is when she trick readers think she and Ahasi are different person or her body has been took by Ahasi. Until everything is clear that we have been tricked by her though 1/3 route. Her backstory is more impact then. Romantic and Lucia dere side is best thing for me.
Lucia's route is best heroine route. That why i feel dissapoited about this but i still enjoy. But the most dissapoiting in this ep is
Jul 30, 2016 11:33 AM

May 2014
I can't believe I see Rewrite being ruined like this...

The way it looks, they compressed 10+ hours worth of reading material into a 20 minute episode... This pacing is ridiculous. This kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul. They simply take the premise and ditch the most important parts...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2016 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

I'm done with hoping.

Sparteh said:

The way it looks, they compressed 10+ hours worth of reading material into a 20 minute episode... This pacing is ridiculous. This kinda reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul. They simply take the premise and ditch the most important parts...
Depends on what kagari route will be like, they can do it if they rewrite plot line and approach from different angle but fuck that idea. it's easier to rush heroines route and be done with it.
GensanJul 30, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 30, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2014
Gensan said:
HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

I'm done with hoping.

Sparteh said:

Depends on what kagari route will be like, they can do it with they rewrite plot line and approach from different angle but fuck that idea. it's easier to rush heroines route and be done with it.

Ruining half of the show is already grave enough. At this rate, I can only see 1 way they could make through without major plot holes, but if they try to pull it off, it won't end good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2016 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
rush=/=fast pace

nice bait though.
Jul 30, 2016 11:44 AM
Jun 2013
Gensan said:
moodie said:
rush=/=fast pace

nice bait though.

^ ++++++++++++++++++1
Jul 30, 2016 11:46 AM

Apr 2014
Gensan said:
moodie said:
rush=/=fast pace

nice bait though.
Do you not knowing what an adaption is? You realize its not a carbon copy right?
Jul 30, 2016 11:47 AM

Sep 2013
Nice episode..........

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
Gensan said:
rush=/=fast pace

nice bait though.
Do you not knowing what an adaption is? You realize its not a carbon copy right?
do you not realize what rushing is? you realize character's action doesn't make sense right?
Jul 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
Murasa22 said:
IF YOU THINK ITS SO EASY TO ADAPT THIS, WHY DON'T YOU TRY BY YOURSELF?

It's easy. They just should give more episodes and use time reset. It's simple like this.

And believe me, if I could adapt this, I'm sure I'd do better.

About the episode... It's the first time I enjoy this anime.
Jul 30, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
This wasn't a bad episode at all, not at all. The transition was better and the presentation of the story was a little rush but no way poor. The real problem is the presentation of the mystery, it was quite confusing, but the rest was pretty fine and spot-on. It didn't spoil anything major either.

Sunbright! The song wasn't even in the VN I'm happy they used it here... also that post-ending scene... I'm now interested to see how it will go from now on.
Jul 30, 2016 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Complete and utter garbage. Absolute worst route and worst episode so far.
This was the only episode I had to check to see when it would end including the first long one.
And this episode had nothing except this Lucia bullshit going on either. At least the other ones had a scene with Kagari or something to keep me from getting bored.
Almost glad they stuffed 3+ hours into 22 minutes since at least it's over now and they can move on to something more interesting.
Jul 30, 2016 11:55 AM

Jun 2013
Same disappointment that I had with Grisaia... 1 route adapted in a episode.
Jul 30, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2016
Hmmm...I actually like this episode. It feels, satisfying? Yes it is rushed but it kinda worked? And post-credit scene oh my goshhhh. I thought we were getting a long preview of the next episode (just like episode 4) but I was wrong.

Can't wait for next episode!
*under construction*
Jul 30, 2016 12:03 PM

Jun 2013
Murasa22 said:

"please read the vn" "please don't watch this" "please let me force my opinion on everyone" MY GOD STOP SERIOUSLY

this is why i hate these discussions. No one gives a shit if you like the VN more than the anime, people won't read the source just because you're telling them to do it.

This is a different media with different plans for the script. Stop comparing them especially in this case since Rewrite is a fucking huge VN with different timelines and controversial routes. IF YOU THINK ITS SO EASY TO ADAPT THIS, WHY DON'T YOU TRY BY YOURSELF?

The episode was fine and we don't need comparisons with the visual novel here. Go back to the game if you're so unpleased with the adaptation, but stop shitting on the forums with your bullshit butthurt.

Terribly sorry that my disappointment of one of my favorite VN being butchered, most of us aren't telling people not too watch it, if people enjoy it,that's fine, but for me and a lot of others,it's complete bullshit.
Jul 30, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2014
Murasa22 said:

The episode was fine and we don't need comparisons with the visual novel here. Go back to the game if you're so unpleased with the adaptation,

Or try to make point instead of ad hom, your whole post is nothing but ad hom, i've been defending this anime up until this episode happened. ffs they can just DONT ADDAPT her route, implying the plot points, approaching from different angle but they didn't do that, they decide to rush it.

why do you think they recommend VN? because it will give them better experience, but the decision is on them. We don't force but guide, follow it or not is your choice.

but stop shitting on the forums with your bullshit butthurt.

Stop butthurt about people's impression on the show.
Jul 30, 2016 12:20 PM

May 2010
The way Lucia's story is presented, makes me ship her with Koutarou rather hard. He is the only one who can touch her..
TragicRomanceJul 30, 2016 1:18 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.