Forum Settings
Forums

What does it mean when a manga is finished but not released on manga sites?

New
Jul 29, 2016 7:54 PM

Aug 2014
I finished 5 chapters of 15-sai and apparently its a finished manga from 2012. It has over 10 chapters, but when I go to mangafox, or mangahere only 5 are shown.
So I suspect that maybe the other chapters just aren't translated?
If I am correct, then where can I find the untranslated manga?
Jul 29, 2016 8:13 PM

Apr 2011
Yes/maybe

For legal stuffs: Amazon(dot)com or CDJapan(dot)co(dot)jp and see if they've got stuff you're looking for. Also, you can count on legal online-reader like Mangabox which has both raw and translated though in very limited number.

For illegal stuffs, Chinese sites usually had it both raw and trans(Chinese)lated. Alternatively you can try to find and ask on English community whichyoucanfinditingoogleanyway.
Jul 29, 2016 8:23 PM

Aug 2014
I found only one in CDJapan called 15sai 2.(No volume 1)?
I will have to buy it to read it right? (obvious .. or are they letting us read it online?)
And I'm thinking of using honto instead because I heard shipping would be cheaper.
I'm assuming theres no search button on mangabox and I can only read the latest chapters of manga shown on the page.
I might try out a chinese site, are there any popular ones?
Jul 29, 2016 8:48 PM

Apr 2011
I dunno. I stumbled across Chinese sites when I look for raw stuff with google. Try English community first.
Jul 29, 2016 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
It also depends on how popular a manga is. If MAL states that the manga is finished then it really has been completed in Japan, there just aren't enough people to translate everything so they prioritize. Most illegal sites and fan translated sites tend prioritize more popular manga translations before going to the not so popular ones so most likely those chapters you are looking for just haven't been translated by anyone.

Not quite sure where you can find the raw versions though like allflying said try a Chinese site or if you google hard enough you might find other sites with it too.

Hope you are able to finish your manga!
Aug 6, 2016 6:11 AM

Aug 2014
Thanks for your hopes!
It somehow does cheer me up, because I reminised about a really good anime that ended with no hope.

I did find the manga raw on nyaa(dot)se
Most likely won't be able to read it yet, so I am trying to gradually learn japanese. I hope I will be able to read it one day..
Thanks for letting me know about fan-translated manga. I never knew of its existence ; ;

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
6 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.