Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2016 11:40 PM
Jun 2013
I was re-watching the series today and I realized how upset I would be if Kanemaru wasn't the team captain when they reach their third year. I know it's really far away until we get to that point, but I feel like he would be the best because of his personality with the first years and his strict attitude with Sawamura and friends. I feel like he has a similar vibe to Yuki Tetsuya.

I really hope it happens because I enjoy Kanemaru's character. What is everyone elses opinion on this? Like I said, it's too far away to even be thinking about, but it was just a thought that came up for me..
"If you really wanna know, then go see it with your own eyes, you bastard."

"You must really, really, try hard, huh?"

"Now that's shameful of you, brother. What is it that you've remembered that made you cry like that.."

"All you selfish bastards keep going on without me..."

"I thought that if I'd die, that's fine with me; anytime at all."

2manybadassquotes4me
Jul 29, 2016 1:28 AM
Jul 2016
I agree, Kanemaru would make the most sense. I think in one of the chapters Kataoka metions that he has good traits for a leader. Also I can't see anyone else becoming captain.
Jul 29, 2016 1:34 PM

Sep 2010
Kanemaru was pretty much build up to be the captain from the start. The good part about it that yet again he will be a different type of captain than Miyuki or Tetsu.

Like he is a good player but he won't be the best player in the team at the moment and won't get to be the 4th batter (although I remember him wrecking Furuya in a single pitch so it's not absolutely unlikely)

He will be the Captian that will fully know how it is to fight for his position. This is the same quality that Zono had and some wanted him to be the captain for that. In the second parts he puts the first years to their place and etc.

Even in the first game that the first years had against the second string he was pretty much the one doing the leading, although it didn't went that wall.

Then again the last reason as to why I think he will be the captain is because none of the other current second years that had much involvement in the story is really suitable.

1. Sawamura, Furuya, Haruichi - those were the three first that joined the team but clearly, Furuya is like !HELL NO! for the captain position. Original Haruichi was too shy for that position and the current evil Haruichi doesn't seem suitable either. In a long stretch Sawamura could be the Captain which would be quite interesting to see but I don't think that will happen. Even Mei in Inajitsu didn't get the captain title as if the Pitchers weren't suitable for that position to begin with.
2. Kanemaru, Tojo - apart form the first three, those two are the ones that got most character development and were members of the roster ever since the second team formed. Kanemaru got much more development out of the two and generally he is suitable. Tojo, sure there is 1% chance of that to happen but I don't see it happen at all.
3. Random second years - yep, other random third years that never had important role in the story probably won't be selected for the Captain position and there is not even unless because, while there are hints that there can be some second years who went through the endless swinging Tetsu style training, in the end they didn't catch enough attention yet and at this point there is only the Summer left.
Jul 30, 2016 1:58 AM
Feb 2014
I think Sawamura will be the captain while Kanemaru being the vice-captain. I'm not sure but the candidates are between those two.
Jul 30, 2016 3:38 AM

Jan 2012
I think Kanmemaru would make a good captain as well. While Sawamura is great at motivating the team and all that, I just don't see him as captain material (though rather him than Furuya oh god if that happens I'm done with this manga lol).
Jul 30, 2016 8:06 PM
Dec 2015
The very idea that Furuya can be the captain is disgusting as hell. I won't go there.

Personally, I too believe it's Eijun or Kanemaru. Eijun has experience with his middle school team, he's the ace and captain. So his chance is high. Kanemaru'd leader potential has been shown a lot and even the first years respect him.

But I'm still gonna lean on Eijun because he shares the dynamics of Yuki and Miyuki with their presence on the team. Eijun may have gotten into the 1st string in his first year like Miyuki but same with Tetsu, he has bonded with his fellow first years and the 2nd string members. It's what Zono has been saying, someone who can understand the feelings of those who are on the bench that cannot play.

Also, if Eijun becomes captain (and Ace) Kanemaru and Harucchi will become his vice-captains because the duties of the Ace are heavy. Seems familiar? Yeah, it's the same with Yuki-Jun and Miyuki-Kuramochi-Zono captain-vice captain dynamics.
Jul 30, 2016 9:33 PM
Feb 2016
I agree, Kanemaru is the best choice among the second years to be captain. Most of the other second years don't seem like captain material. Even if Kanemaru doesn't become a captain, he is still a strong candidate for vice captain.

I think the vice captain position is more debatable. Besides Sawamura, Furuya, Haruichi and Toujou, there is a possibility that it might be a second year that isn't in the lineup yet but makes it into the lineup summer or fall. I say this because Maezono is vice-captain but he didn't actually made it in first-string until his second year in fall when the third years graduated.

I'm also kind of curious about the other positions in the team like who's going to get Kuramochi's or Miyuki's position or who's going to become cleanup. Haruichi is most likely staying in cleanup, might even become the most scariest batter in Seido. Strong candidates are Masashi and Furuya since they were shown to get homeruns in official games. However, other second years like Toujou are also pretty good batters. We also haven't seen that much of the other first years (Yui, Okumura, and Seto), they might be amazing batters.
Jul 30, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2011
Captain usually goes to someone who was really good as a freshman or a second year.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 4, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2014
As3animelist said:
I think Sawamura will be the captain while Kanemaru being the vice-captain. I'm not sure but the candidates are between those two.

Agree with you there. XD Though Sawamura's goal is the Ace, he'll make a very good captain. Kanemaru is good at taking care of the kouhai's so he can support Sawamura for sure.
Aug 5, 2016 9:21 PM

Jun 2011
I really don't think think Sawamura would be chosen captain, to be honest, although I don't think it's completely impossible. I don't think it will be Furuya because of, well, how bad he is in interacting with people, and he's not really motivating people either, and he's too fragile to be leading Seidou through his plays like Tetsu could. Well, to a certain extent all pitchers are fragile because they have a pretty "vulnerable" position. Their plays carry the most responsibilities, I think. And I think most coaches avoid putting such a heavy responsibility on such a fragile position (a catcher would be a better choice, since they have the "overlooking" kind of position).

I find Kanemaru actually really similar to Jun (they both started encouraging the first years in the exact same way after becoming second years) so I can see him make an excellent vice-captain.

As for captain, I think maybe Harucchi (who I'm sure is going to become the 4th batter after the current third years retire) or Toujou. Toujou would make a 'reliable leader' type, and Harucchi would be more of a captain like Tetsu, leading mostly through his plays.
xpaulaAug 5, 2016 9:29 PM
Aug 6, 2016 10:14 PM

Feb 2010
Kanemaru, Toujou and Sawamura are the best candidates for me but i don't know which one since all of them have their own charisma.

Furuya, is just a no... too fragile, always being supported by everyone. Haruichi is too shy but he can be the vice-captain.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Aug 6, 2016 10:34 PM

Jun 2012
Haruichi I'm guessing.

Sawamura can do it if he gets the Ace position.
Aug 8, 2016 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Hi everyone,

it's the first time I send a message in this forum and I'm not very good at expressing myself in english so I'm counting on you to correct me if I make some mistakes.

I also think that Kanemaru will be the next captain of the team. Even if he is not amongst the best players in Seido he has the right mindset to be the captain futhermore he has a good relationship with Eijun.

I also think that Eijun would make a good captain because he is a hardworker, he has resolution, cheers for others and is an inspiring person.The first years like him (Seto, Asada, Yuhei) and reckonize his talent. I'm sure that Okumura likes him too but he is just being tsundere. Even if it would not bother me to see Eijun becoming the captain I prefer to see someone else take this place. Becoming the ace of the team is enough otherwise he would overshadow his team mates.

I'd like to see Kanemaru as the captain with Toujou and Harui-chi as his vice-captain and Eijun as the ace.
Aug 18, 2016 1:30 AM
Jan 2015
I doubt it will be Sawamura .Kanemaru or Toujou probably will be a captain
Aug 25, 2016 12:21 PM
Aug 2016
I think sawamura will be a captain, and furuya will be ace, kanemaru be vice captain, toujo and haruichi have small influence for whole story they're only important when in match day, sawamura can bolster his teammate and miyuki will advice him to be captain because they're close (just like miyuki and tetsu when play shogi)
Feb 18, 2018 1:53 PM
Dec 2015
I've rewatched and reread again and still believe it will be Eijun, along with the ace position. The start of the series, Rei saw potential in him because he can lead his junior high team very well. He was ace and captain then. I think that's foreshadowing. He'd make a good captain in his 3rd year and will become ace this summer.
Feb 18, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2018
i believe the new Captain will be Toujou with Haruichi and Kanemaru as his Vicecaptain.
Apr 18, 2018 11:29 AM

Mar 2013
I don't care as long as it isn't Furuya. I hope he just fades out. I hate seeing him be the focus, I'm super tired of it after 500 chapters.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 20, 2018 2:17 PM
Mar 2015
After reading chapter 120 I also think that the captain is going to be Sawamura. The coach already is trusting him with leading the team.
Apr 23, 2018 6:40 AM
Apr 2018
Takatsu hoorumi, haruichi, kanemaru, toujo all four of them have the ability to become the captain but after reading chapter 120 I'm kind of sure that the new captain will be Sawamura Eijun.
If Sawamura passed the responsibility given by coach Kataoka he will probably become the captain and ultimately an Ace as well .
It all depends on this arc.
Jun 13, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2013
Sawamura as captain would be too much pression on him. It was already not a good idea to put Miyuki as captain because of all pression and work they added on his shoulder. I think Sawamura will stay Ace and maybe be vice-captain because he is the mood-maker but the captain could be Kanemaru. Put all responsabilities on 1 guy shoulder isn't smart at all. Miyuki could do it (somehow) because he have a mind of steel. I don't say Sawamura mental isn't good but I hope they learned with Miyuki that put too much on one people isn't the best way to do. Better to divide the tasks. They didn't really had choice with Miyuki (since Zono who could be a good captain wasn't in 1st team and "reliable" on the game) but in Sawamura's generation, we have some people who was in 1st team quite quick and have quality as captain as Kanemaru. (Zono still need 2 years before be in 1st team for 6months for Kanemaru or Tojo?)
Jun 29, 2021 8:49 AM

Aug 2017
honestly the most reasonable for me is eijun, because:
1. Before kantaoka said u dont have to rules all ur teamate , all u have to do is inspire ur teamate through ur play, and at semi againts ichidai Eijun really show his capable of that
2. Eijun is cheerful, always loud, he is very detail, his passions drag the best out of him and his teamate aswell
3. He is friendly, and apphroachable, thats mean his teamate and his junior as well will become more open to him , unlike miyuki and tetsu

thats my thought, and of all second year rn he is the most capable, unlike kanemaru, his play is inconsistent sometimes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Will Terajima-sensei continue this manga?

Petrarca25 - Feb 2

4 by EmiPyon »»
Feb 10, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 309 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 14, 2023

7 by sam_rg »»
Oct 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 308 Discussion

Lylaaz - Oct 29, 2022

10 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:12 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 307 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 22, 2022

7 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:08 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Act II Chapter 306 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Oct 18, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.