Forum Settings
Forums

How to deal with 'not wanting anime to end' feeling?

New
Jul 28, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2016
This basically happens to me with every series I watch.

1) I get into the series, if I really like it and its quite long, I'd watch 10 episodes the first day.
2) Next day I'd watch a a bit more, loving the series and wanting more..
3) As I pass the half-way mark of the total episodes, I start watching 5 daily... then 3... one every night... to the point where I have 5 episodes left, and I just dont want to watch them, cause I dont want the series to end :'(

Its really annoying, i can sometimes spend an hour turning the laptop on and off... cause Im torn between turning the next episode on and then deciding not to watch it...

Toughts?
Jul 28, 2016 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
Finish it like all the rest of us so you can feel pride that it's on your completed list?
None of us like series to end (unless they're bad ones... hey, you might as well watch a bunch of bad series!) and we all look for proof of there being a future second season, but sometimes you just have to accept that things end for good.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jul 28, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly, you should be happy to feel that way, I'm the guy that rarely starts a long anime unless I'm crazy interested in it because I have the feel that I will get bored midway, so why even bother.
Jul 28, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
lol
for me, a nice ending makes me love my fav anime even more, it would be memorable and remain amazing in my mind.....so i guess i don't prefer endless series

but anyway, if you are enjoying the anime you are watching, don't be afraid to see the ending...
..instead, be glad that you decided to watch it
Jul 28, 2016 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
Find a reason to hate it so you want it to end sooner
Jul 28, 2016 11:28 AM

May 2015
Complete the anime and then

start watching another anime, works for me
"Because people don't have wings.. We look for ways to fly."
Jul 28, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2016
[insert obligatory Dr. Seuss quote here]

The only thing I can think of is completing the source material of said anime(e.g. reading the manga, playing the VN etc.).Though after being here on MAL for longer eventually you'll be getting MAL boners left and right after completing more and more anime.
Jul 28, 2016 11:34 AM
Jul 2016
PaperCutAssassin said:
I read this an immediately knew you would be a newer anime viewer. Sadly, the feeling of loving everything you watch goes away after a couple months because once you watch enough anime, things just don't stand out as much anymore. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts

Heard this so many times... the idea of 'watch so many anime until they dont seem so special" feels unfair :'(

Tho true, before anime I was into fiction novels, and it was the same story... after readying so many books, none felt as good as before... hence why I moved to anime..
I dont want that to happen again (Sad Face)
Jul 28, 2016 12:01 PM

Apr 2015
Get over it, you pussy. Pump yourself In the gym.
Jul 28, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2016
What the fuck is the point of this thread just fuckn watch the episodes it's not like you're gonna cry over finishing an anime.
Jul 28, 2016 12:26 PM

Jul 2015
If its an adaptation of a manga then just read the manga it would either be publishing or completed there. Or wherever the source is from.
Jul 28, 2016 12:26 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
For me no good series ever ends. All I have to do is open up a nice doujin site and enjoy some spin offs.
Jul 28, 2016 12:34 PM
Jul 2016
Tylaen said:
Get over it, you pussy. Pump yourself In the gym.

Definetely best answer thus far! :P
Jul 28, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2016
You don't deal with it, you live with it.
Jul 28, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
Finish the anime and then cry. Just cry.

It works like a charm, trust me.
Friend me for more:OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI
Jul 28, 2016 12:51 PM

Mar 2016
LeWeebJames said:
What the fuck is the point of this thread just fuckn watch the episodes it's not like you're gonna cry over finishing an anime.

Actually, I will. I will cry even if it sucks, because I can. (T_T)
Friend me for more:OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI
Jul 28, 2016 1:44 PM

May 2016
Be happy about it because no matter how good a show is I ultimately want it to end
Jul 28, 2016 1:51 PM

Oct 2015
Finish the anime, say to yourself "DAAAMN that was good" find an another anime to watch, repeat.

I kinda had the same feeling when i was watching Steins;Gate but i still ended it in 1 day.
Jul 29, 2016 1:18 AM

May 2015
No, not really. I love it when shows end. I love the conclusion, to see all the ideas reach their climax. There are very few anime I wish kept on a little more - Shinsekai Yori, perhaps.

I know I wanted Future Diary longer, but that's because it had too much going on.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 29, 2016 3:54 AM

Jun 2016
I actually don't get that feeling very much because unless its Yu-Gi-Oh or D gray man I find series of 100+ episodes to be kinda overwhelming.
Jul 29, 2016 3:57 AM
May 2015
Limeryk said:
PaperCutAssassin said:
I read this an immediately knew you would be a newer anime viewer. Sadly, the feeling of loving everything you watch goes away after a couple months because once you watch enough anime, things just don't stand out as much anymore. Enjoy the feeling while it lasts

Heard this so many times... the idea of 'watch so many anime until they dont seem so special" feels unfair :'(

Tho true, before anime I was into fiction novels, and it was the same story... after readying so many books, none felt as good as before... hence why I moved to anime..
I dont want that to happen again (Sad Face)

This is not true for me, my fave anime would be toradora and death note i watched them as one of my first ones and i loved them. I rewatched toradora again after 2-3 years yesterday, i might say i like it even better. Planning to watch death note as well again. Too bad i have the void now
But, the thing i hate is that i never found something that gave me the same feeling.(FMAB and golden time filled me a little with sadness when it ended, but never as much)
Jul 29, 2016 4:03 AM
May 2009
I do the whole should I continue or not thing.
But in the end I just watch it all and than resume to rewatch.
Jul 29, 2016 4:08 AM

Jun 2015
Read the source. If it's complete, move on.
Jul 29, 2016 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
We all hate that feeling. I'm feeling that myself currently. Time heals all wounds. Read the manga for it if there is one. Find another 'good' series. And repeat.

caught in the wonder
Jul 29, 2016 12:10 PM

Sep 2015
You start watching One Piece because that's never going to end.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 29, 2016 12:13 PM

Jun 2016
Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs. You'll be too busy tripping balls to feel sad.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Jul 29, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, I have watched many I series that I didn't want to end, but fortunately I always seem to find more series to watch and enjoy, so I usually get over it fast. Just try not to think about it too much though, or maybe find and read a manga associated with the series too, that can help.

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 2 hours ago

11 by Jozuwa-_- »»
7 seconds ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

60 by Teirayo »»
4 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 3 hours ago

26 by LostSpectre »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

27 by InsomniacBastard »»
9 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by Luchipher-Zen »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.