Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 25, 2016 3:27 PM

Mar 2016
it lengthens my e peen on mal so yeah.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 25, 2016 3:30 PM

Dec 2015
I wouldn't bother finishing it if I thought it was bad from the beginning.
Nov 25, 2016 3:49 PM

Feb 2015
Starla_Fox said:
I wouldn't bother finishing it if I thought it was bad from the beginning.

But, doesn't it sometimes, that you have a "false hope" that at some point, it will be good... xD
Nov 25, 2016 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
Not much benefit for me, but I do get to have another bad show under my repertoire.
Nov 25, 2016 4:01 PM

Jun 2016
sometimes.
it helps to not get tired of your favorite anime. because after watching a bad show, I want to watch something to feel better, like watching a show I want.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Nov 25, 2016 4:06 PM

Apr 2015
It lowers my mean score and makes me look like less of a weeb, so yes.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 25, 2016 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
ofc it does! Not only it increase my complete list, but it also increase my masochism level :D

OT: Most of the bad shows that i completed, are shows that i continued watching in hope that they got better. Did that "benefited" me? Probably not, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 25, 2016 4:41 PM
Oct 2016
No... it just raises my blood pressure. I stare Highschool DXD straight in the face when I say that.
When You go Vault You never go back.
Nov 25, 2016 4:43 PM

Jul 2016
Yes. As someone who likes to write, it shows me what kind of writing doesn't work. It also lets me understand why certain shows work when others didn't.

It gives me an idea of what shows to avoid, and what shows I will be more likely to enjoy.
Nov 25, 2016 4:53 PM

May 2015
I hardly ever see a bad series. Sure, there are alot of those downer series, but none of em have been exactly bad.

"Bad" series benefit me in the way, that I can enjoy future anime even more.

Most series have something I look forward to, so I'm happy to see what it is. If it doesn't please me (Bad ship, baaaad ship), too bad, it's not a reason to tune it down. Atleast for me.

Okok.. Masou Gakuen HxH made me drop it.
"For the sake of the people you love and who love you, remember
There is definitely someone
Who is happy simply because you are here."

Nov 25, 2016 4:56 PM

Dec 2015
Mhh... for me, there are 2 things.
1. Anime that I dont enjoy watching or like i dont like the story but there is something in the anime that makes me feel like finishing it. This usually I put On Hold.
2. Anime that I know whats the point since certain episode and I dont feel like finishing it ended up dropping it coz the story spinning around. Or something that simply not interesting because of 1 or 2 things. This usually dropped. Might just look at the early episodes and last episode. (sounds dumb lmao)

But for me, I find it hard for myself to drop an anime so, once its dropped then its dropped.
"It’s so ri-ri-diculous that I h-hope you understand even if I st-st-stutter, my t-t-talking ability is a little lacking
Still I wanted to at least s-speak co-co-correctly but my mouth keeps getting c-c-crooked because I lo-lo-love it so much, love it so mu-much "

[signature]
Nov 25, 2016 4:58 PM
Jan 2016
i bit late but i would say definitely, it makes you appreciate the good ones more
Nov 25, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2015
I do not think I will feel at peace unless I finished what I started.

Also sometimes, if you hate an anime and complain about it, some fans will say " How can you say that it's one of the worst, if you haven't finish it? You judge based on that few episodes that you have seen" - at least you can shove it to their faces that you finished it, but still think it's one of the worst.
Nov 25, 2016 5:14 PM

Feb 2015
SeidouTZ said:
ofc it does! Not only it increase my complete list, but it also increase my masochism level :D

Ohhhh.. you perv! xD

Mordfabrik said:

Lol... The girls are quite hot in MG HxH, but the MC, just hits it hard. If the anime portrays the MC quite, or at least bearable, then I'd last around 8-10 EP's and still drop it... xD

Nunnally03 said:

First what's with the colors? Like really?! Secondly, sometimes I feel like there are times that you just have to left something unfinished.
Nov 25, 2016 5:24 PM

Dec 2015
_Ako_ said:
SeidouTZ said:

Ohhhh.. you perv! xD

Mordfabrik said:

Lol... The girls are quite hot in MG HxH, but the MC, just hits it hard. If the anime portrays the MC quite, or at least bearable, then I'd last around 8-10 EP's and still drop it... xD

Nunnally03 said:

First what's with the colors? Like really?! Secondly, sometimes I feel like there are times that you just have to left something unfinished.

Huh? what is wrong with the color of my fonts?
Secondly, that's you-not me. There are people who can just drop what they started and still feel at peace, but there are people who don't feel good if they dropped something that they started... I am one of the latter.
Nov 25, 2016 5:28 PM

Feb 2015
Nunnally03 said:

Secondly, that's you-not me. There are people who can just drop what they started and still feel at peace, but there are people who don't feel good if they dropped something that they started... I am one of the latter.

There's nothing wrong with your font, it's just that, somehow I feel like punching someone in the face... xD

The only that is bad is if the dude who cannot let something be unfinished, is when they still complain it is bad until the bitter end... xD

It all boils down to your gut feeling I guess... I don't see any problems with watching something that you might think is bad, or good. Still, depends on the attitude the user gives to it.
Nov 25, 2016 5:30 PM

Jan 2015
Life is too short to waste it watching bad anime.
Nov 25, 2016 5:31 PM

Dec 2012
Slightly, for instance:

-it can help you avoid other bad shows if you discover certain genres, themes, directors, authors, etc. you don't like and avoid similar or related works.

-Puts things in perspective. Now that you can see the bottom of the barrel, other things aren't so bad. It's like removing the fog of war from the map in a game.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 25, 2016 5:35 PM

Dec 2015
_Ako_ said:
Nunnally03 said:

There's nothing wrong with your font, it's just that, somehow I feel like punching someone in the face... xD

The only that is bad is if the dude who cannot let something be unfinished, is when they still complain it is bad until the bitter end... xD

It all boils down to your gut feeling I guess... I don't see any problems with watching something that you might think is bad, or good. Still, depends on the attitude the user gives to it.

Right. Just because someone watch it despite it being bad, doesn't mean they are retarded.
I didn't know this color is bad... and I really like it though (T_T)
Nov 25, 2016 5:40 PM

Feb 2015
Nunnally03 said:
_Ako_ said:

Right. Just because someone watch it despite it being bad, doesn't mean they are retarded.

First of all, who said I mentioned about retarded users, I didn't mean it as offensive as that... xD
What I want to really say is that, well, if you have a feeling that it was shit as you are watching the series and later failed to meet your "hope" of the series becoming, like truly a masterpiece at the end, just accept the fact and let it go, possibly think as to why it became shit or just compare it to something... I mean, ranting about it wouldn't make it any less better...

Mhhhh... the font is quite blurry if you ask me, like sometimes when you look at an italicized font and look at a normal font, and you can't tell the difference... xD
Nov 25, 2016 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, it makes me appreciate the good shows more.
Nov 25, 2016 5:47 PM

Dec 2015
_Ako_ said:
Nunnally03 said:

First of all, who said I mentioned about retarded users, I didn't mean it as offensive as that... xD
What I want to really say is that, well, if you have a feeling that it was shit as you are watching the series and later failed to meet your "hope" of the series becoming, like truly a masterpiece at the end, just accept the fact and let it go, possibly think as to why it became shit or just compare it to something... I mean, ranting about it wouldn't make it any less better...

Mhhhh... the font is quite blurry if you ask me, like sometimes when you look at an italicized font and look at a normal font, and you can't tell the difference... xD
I didn't say it was you though.
They can complain, what's so bad about complaining about a show that you really hate or dislike? It makes them feel better, the same way as how you will feel better complimenting a show that you really like.
Although I do not think that everyone who think of an anime as bad - rant or complain about every bad anime that they watched, just those extremely annoying ones.
I, myself, have given a lot of anime a score of one...but that doesn't mean I rant to all of them,just those ones that I am extremely annoyed at. But if people want to complain about it... I do not really think something is wrong with that, if that will make them feel better after watching a bad series, why not?
Nov 25, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2015
Nunnally03 said:
_Ako_ said:

I didn't say it was you though.
They can complain, what's so bad about complaining about a show that you really hate or dislike? It makes them feel better, the same way as how you will feel better complimenting a show that you really like.
Although I do not think that everyone who think of an anime as bad - rant about it thought, just those extremely annoying ones.
I, myself, have given a lot of anime a score of one...but that doesn't mean I rant to all of them,just those ones that I extremely annoyed at. But if people want to complain about it... I do not really think something is wrong with that, if that will make them feel better after watching a bad series, why not?

Mhhhh... complaining is a part of ourselves and we cannot severe those bonds... I mean, we are human after all. I do agree that there are just that, you know annoying dude that you wish as you punches your monitor, the punch will be delivered to whoever that dude is... xD

Well, we practice free speech so let them have it, rant all they want... xD
Nov 25, 2016 6:01 PM

Jan 2016
It has no benefits. It's like a black mark.
Nov 25, 2016 6:15 PM

Aug 2015
I think there's benefits to it. Like
1. Now You have full rights to say that that anime is a bad to you.
2. Reorganise your taste in anime

Example from me:
1.SAO
2.Lance n'maquiese (?)
3. I think forgot the rest

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Nov 25, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 2015
I never watch them purposely for the reason 'to appreciate good anime more' because honestly in my personal opinion, doing it—deliberately watching legitimate bad anime—is quite counterproductive. I think it will only make you appreciate another bad anime or the mediocre one at most. Find another good work and compare them with it if you really want to appreciate how good your anime is.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 25, 2016 7:27 PM

Jun 2014
Well, I finished Gunbuster, but it certainly didn't benefit me. It still sucks.

Nov 25, 2016 10:31 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think there's a benefit of it except when you want to criticize those anime (since you need to finish them to give your opinion) or it's become so bad that's is good i guess..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 26, 2016 8:38 AM

Oct 2015
Nope. One bad show is enough to make you appreciate the good shows. I'm wasting my time if I'm boring myself on purpose for some stupid completed list.
Nov 26, 2016 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
yes it benefits me so i can continue my life with something better and also i like to see how many anime i have dropped i dont only take pleasure on seeing my completed list.
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 26, 2016 9:10 AM

Sep 2016
im glad i finished fate stay night and know it's really bad so i don't need to watch the countless remake and become typemoon sheep
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2014
U might even learn smth from it...despite being shit
Nov 26, 2016 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
_Ako_ said:
SeidouTZ said:

Ohhhh.. you perv! xD

Me? A perv? Naahhh... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 26, 2016 4:09 PM
Sep 2011
I'd say forget what other people say because they're gonna complain no matter what.

If you didn't finish the show, they'd gripe about how you can't criticize it if you haven't seen it all. And if you do, they'll question why you watched it if you didn't like it.

At least if you finish the show, you can be completely informed when you tear it apart in a review or something.
Nov 26, 2016 4:27 PM

Feb 2015
SeidouTZ said:
_Ako_ said:

Ohhhh.. you perv! xD

Me? A perv? Naahhh... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Why deny the truth dude?

This convo could have progress better if you just admit it.. xD
Nov 26, 2016 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
I think finishing at least a couple awful shows is inevitable for everyone, and can certainly help people gain a better perspective on what to avoid and what to watch out for in the future. Any more than that is generally not advised.

If you run out of ways to spend your free time and have to resort to watching bad anime, there are plenty of quality alternative entertainment options out there.
Nov 26, 2016 8:14 PM

Jul 2010
Yes, I can brag about how bad the WHOLE thing was without anyone saying "but you didn't watch it all".
Nov 26, 2016 11:18 PM

Apr 2015
No. It really doesn't.
Unless it's a case where the show spirals into a gradually worse and worse trainwreck (That was the reason I finished Naru Taru). But if it starts out bad, and stays consistently bad without any real variation, it just becomes boring and there ends up being no point in finishing it out. That's why I dropped Saikano and, quite recently, Nagi no Asukara
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Nov 27, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
The only anime I returned to after dropping is Joker Game, I believe that if not for the hype of the first two episodes, I could enjoy it more. But I continued 1 or 2 and stopped again. So, guess not

Nov 27, 2016 11:14 PM
Nov 2012
I try not to drop out of respect to the art of anime.I may put on hold but i finishem.Long as their is action,it'll get a finish.I dont like it when badguys(Minions,side characters ) dont die because either A.Goodguys letem go.B plot armor.Main Example is inuyasha.Gundam Iron blooded has a few characters in it.It annoys me when a character doesn't die after 5th time when should be dead.I can givem a break if they go life support and get healed eventually
StoudbakerNov 27, 2016 11:21 PM
Nov 27, 2016 11:36 PM

Oct 2016
I naturally watch bad things every season anyway since the masses are attracted to garbage and what I watch is influenced by the masses.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 27, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2016
InsaneLeader13 said:
No. It really doesn't.
Unless it's a case where the show spirals into a gradually worse and worse trainwreck (That was the reason I finished Naru Taru). But if it starts out bad, and stays consistently bad without any real variation, it just becomes boring and there ends up being no point in finishing it out. That's why I dropped Saikano and, quite recently, Nagi no Asukara

You should've tried to bear with nagi no asukara until the second half. It actually becomes good but admittedly, everyone I know myself including found the first half repetitively boring.
Edit:
Unless of course your problem with it wasn't that it was boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2016 12:07 AM

May 2008
Yes, if you want to level up. To truly appreciate a good show you must see a bad one.

That and for some reason it's required to form an opinion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 9 hours ago

9 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
21 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

41 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
3 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 11 hours ago

37 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
8 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - Today

45 by obicomeonboneme »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

40 by DigiCat »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.