Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 29, 2016 7:20 PM

May 2015
Cejara said:
They are probably just masochist who knows? Or maybe their rating system is created differently and rate based on that.

@RainyRai

You just sound salty about Erased. Doesn't make you a casual or elitist lol.

I'll never stop being salty about ERASED. If it makes you feel better, I also hate some other well-received titles. My point was really just that a person can give a score if they feel it deserves that score. ERASED was just a personal example.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 29, 2016 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
The MAL scoring system is pretty shit, so that could be why.

Many of the users here mainly look at anything between a 7-10 (with a 7 being like 'average') and anything lower = shit. When the MAL scores show that 5 is average.

Of course, no one took MAL's scoring system and instead go by their own with the 1-10 scale. It's wonky as fuck now. Those users scoring a lot of stuff as a '5' are probably using MAL's scoring system as they meant it to be handled.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 29, 2016 7:28 PM

Feb 2010
since when was 5 a bad number it just meant average nothing special but nothing bad 4 in my book is but its still watchable
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jul 29, 2016 7:33 PM

Dec 2015
I don't know. Maybe because it's anime?
Jul 29, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2015
RainyRai said:
Cejara said:
They are probably just masochist who knows? Or maybe their rating system is created differently and rate based on that.

@RainyRai

You just sound salty about Erased. Doesn't make you a casual or elitist lol.

I'll never stop being salty about ERASED. If it makes you feel better, I also hate some other well-received titles. My point was really just that a person can give a score if they feel it deserves that score. ERASED was just a personal example.

I personally don't think Erased is a good example of 1/10, since if you don't like all else in it then there is the amazing visuals in it and character development of MC. If your rating on personal enjoyment then I guess I can see someone giving a 1 to something, but it just seems kind of I don't know, doing it for the sake of being mad. Erased had lots of issues, but is definitely not a 1. Oh, I don't care if you hate on Erased or other popular titles, not triggered or anything, just addressing the point you said in your first post yourself that it had other technicalities that could qualify it above a 1, but you didn't care because it mad you mad.

A 1 on my scale would be Ragnastrike Angels where it was literally 30 second advertisements for the mobile game and it had 0 story and ended with no ending or explanation. 0 redeeming qualities, that's what I would consider a 1, but to each his own I guess.
Jul 29, 2016 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
RainyRai said:
Nagitoxhxc said:

Don't worry bro. It's one of THOSE people.

Also, said person might just rate on enjoyment alone and thus a 1/10 is a fair statement from that person.

What am I? Am I a casual? Am I an elitist? I'm confused.

You're obviously a casuelitipster.

You scoundrel.
Jul 30, 2016 5:39 AM

May 2015
Cejara said:
RainyRai said:

I personally don't think Erased is a good example of 1/10, since if you don't like all else in it then there is the amazing visuals in it and character development of MC. If your rating on personal enjoyment then I guess I can see someone giving a 1 to something, but it just seems kind of I don't know, doing it for the sake of being mad. Erased had lots of issues, but is definitely not a 1. Oh, I don't care if you hate on Erased or other popular titles, not triggered or anything, just addressing the point you said in your first post yourself that it had other technicalities that could qualify it above a 1, but you didn't care because it mad you mad.

A 1 on my scale would be Ragnastrike Angels where it was literally 30 second advertisements for the mobile game and it had 0 story and ended with no ending or explanation. 0 redeeming qualities, that's what I would consider a 1, but to each his own I guess.

And this is a good example of personal taste that still factors in no matter. The visuals, while good, weren't good enough to elevate my enjoyment, and I hated the MC's development.
TripleSRank said:
RainyRai said:

What am I? Am I a casual? Am I an elitist? I'm confused.

You're obviously a casuelitipster.

You scoundrel.

I'm sowwy, I shall repent right away.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Aug 8, 2016 11:41 PM

Feb 2011
kronopy said:
WHy would you even watch an anime that is bellow your standards? If the anime doesn't suit your taste, I find it logical to drop it, instead of wasting long hours of your life to finish it. And there are peoples that gave bellow 5 to 70% of the anime in their list... and they saw hundreds. They obviously enjoy torturing themselfs.

I will lie if I say that I do not regret watching something like D.Gray-man or Hunter x Hunter (2011), considering how much time it took to watch it. But in general, if you consider '5' as a positive or at least neutral score, it will not be so surprising to see people with low mean scores.
Aug 8, 2016 11:46 PM

Dec 2014
Who says they enjoy living?

They give it a low score because they think it's bad as for why they have so many bad shows maybe they're optimists and constantly believe the shows will get better but they never do, maybe they have bad luck and keep picking shows they hate, maybe they're masochists who get turned on by suffering through horrible anime we'll never know.
Aug 9, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2012
KaiserNazrin said:
They are professional anime watchers, you don't understand. They are like the judge in a cooking battle and the anime is the foods. Even if it shit, they still want to taste it and judge it. You see this kind of watcher, they enjoy eating shit. Its more fun talking about how shitty something is than enjoying a good anime and be contend with it.

This might be the most accurate answer.

Still, since we're here, I don't understand how people can watch a long-running anime (say, One Piece) to the end or the last aired episode and then rate 1 or 2 out of 10, why waste hundreds of hours torturing yourself? lol

I somewhat think that many people just rate low to go against the current and feel special.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

118 by Teirayo »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

26 by redorzo »»
6 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 7 hours ago

14 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.