Forum Settings
Forums

Putin says he's building new weapons to outmatch NATO missile defense

New
Jul 25, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 2016
here's a translation of what he said to journalists in a recent conference talking about American aggression and his plans to react accordingly by building better weapons so that Russia remains a threat

well guys, the Cold War's back in full swing, was nice while it lasted
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 25, 2016 2:10 PM

Nov 2009
Maybe Russia can go ahead and bankrupt themselves again, just to then take apart all the billions they wasted on missiles instead of their destitute population.
Jul 25, 2016 2:18 PM

Feb 2014
It won't be cold for long. I hear Mr Trump is very passionate and heated.
Jul 25, 2016 2:57 PM

Nov 2009
Goofs said:
Pirating_Ninja said:
Maybe Russia can go ahead and bankrupt themselves again, just to then take apart all the billions they wasted on missiles instead of their destitute population.
lol, maybe. Putin lived through the collapse of the USSR and the bankruptcy though, so I don't think he would make a plan that would just repeat that, I don't know what his plan could possibly be though
Well, given that instead of brown nosing his way into the international community in order to secure trade deals he is instead consistently doing things that get him sanctioned by EU / US, I think that his plan (being spend, spend, spend), while one of their major sources of income (oil) is tanking in prices, is stupid. If it came to Cold War 2, I would not at all be shocked if it ended within 10 years with Russia going bankrupt again.
Jul 25, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2009
i vaguely understand why Putin feel so threatened by USA, its not like USA is invading Russia, meanwhile Russia is the one thats trying to invade and expand its territories
Jul 25, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2011
Like it's that hard to..the success rate of the defense system isn't as great as it could be. I think Israel can boast a 90% success rate, and that's one of the best systems out.

Then again, I'm no expert so maybe they are very good.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jul 25, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
Well if what Putin said is true, then US started it. Putin is just following suit.

If he lets America outmatch him in missile defense, than that's serious bad new for Russia.
Jul 25, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Well, given that instead of brown nosing his way into the international community in order to secure trade deals

He was doing it until 2007, when, apparently, he decided it didn't work out. And it didn't, it's not like west was going to lose the cold war mentality.
Romney called Russia enemy number one in 2012, when he was running for presidency and long before Ukraine, doesn't exactly makes ya want to drop your missile plans, does it?

And currently the US does look scary with all its messiah rhetoric, incredibly huge war budget, jingoism, taste for war, bases all over the world and complete disregard for human life abroad (especially in non-first world countries).
deadoptimistJul 25, 2016 4:29 PM
Jul 25, 2016 4:45 PM
Feb 2014
*yawn* typical Putin. Let him scare the fuck out of you guys but he does a terrific job at doing that and I like that in him.

Can't wait for Trump presidency. Soon Russia will be greatest ally and NATO will be the real enemy :)
Jul 25, 2016 4:55 PM
Feb 2014
Goofs said:
Nico- said:
*yawn* typical Putin. Let him scare the fuck out of you guys but he does a terrific job at doing that and I like that in him.

Can't wait for Trump presidency. Soon Russia will be greatest ally and NATO will be the real enemy :)
lol, hoping for US and Russia to rule the world together?

Nah, just the dissolving of NATO and soon the EU. Nothing else more. The world is fine.
Jul 25, 2016 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:

I'd look more to the US than Russia going bankrupt they spend more than the next 12 largest militaries combined and 9 times what Russia spends.

Russian Armed forces spend increase is actually due to the 2008 military reform bill which was for a reorganisation and modernisation of it's armed forces mainly the replacement of all the old soviet era equipment and a reduction in the size of it's forces by about a third, they've done all this at a fraction of the cost of the flying duck called the F-35- lightning ii.

And yes they have missile systems we currently have no defence against.
NewhopesJul 25, 2016 6:45 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.