Forum Settings
Forums

[SHOCKING!] China Tiger Attack Kills Woman at Drive-Through Animal Park

New
Jul 25, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2014
A woman was killed by a tiger over the weekend after jumping out of a car in a Beijing animal park to try to save her daughter from a tiger attack, local government officials said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/world/asia/china-tiger-attack-woman-killed.html
I guess the park had at least one "DON'T LEAVE YOUR CAR" sign.
ExTemplarJul 25, 2016 12:41 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 25, 2016 1:02 PM

Aug 2013
Apparently that place already has a history of poor safety and murderous animals, so surely the zoo and its visitors would've learned to be cautious, and prevent idiots like this woman to randomly leave the car in the middle of the street. Leaving the car is prohibited. It said that she had a fight with her husband, but who in the world steps out of the car and puts their whole family at risk? I get that she's upset, but now her mother is dead and that's even more upsetting. Plus, their kid is probably traumatized for life and the tiger might get shot.
MoogJul 25, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 25, 2016 1:09 PM
Oct 2014
Shit, the tiger drags her away like nothing.

Jul 25, 2016 1:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
what a catastrophy
Jul 25, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2014
More mauling than shocking.

O/T. Where was she saving her? XD

I saw a woman get out of the car and open the door to the child's side
CommieSalamiJul 25, 2016 1:29 PM
Eat Me
Jul 25, 2016 1:48 PM

May 2015
natural selection working perfectly as always
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 25, 2016 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Rip women and tiger -_-
Jul 25, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
Almost as if people and wild animals shouldn't mix.
Jul 25, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
DirtySprite said:

The woman who got pulled away by the tiger wasn't the one who got killed - it was her mother who ran after her along with the husband.
Jul 25, 2016 2:07 PM

Mar 2014
Moog said:
DirtySprite said:

The woman who got pulled away by the tiger wasn't the one who got killed - it was her mother who ran after her along with the husband.

Oh, OKay thanks guy.
Eat Me
Jul 25, 2016 2:23 PM

Nov 2008
It's sad, but you do not for any reason leave the car during a safari, it always ends in severe injury or death.

Jul 25, 2016 6:42 PM

Mar 2012
Edgelords are bringing up "survival of the fittest", even though that phrase can be used to justify atrocities of all types. Some of them are saying the victim deserved to die.

How can they condemn a mother for trying to save her daughter?

Moog said:
Apparently that place already has a history of poor safety and murderous animals, so surely the zoo and its visitors would've learned to be cautious, and prevent idiots like this woman to randomly leave the car in the middle of the street. Leaving the car is prohibited. It said that she had a fight with her husband, but who in the world steps out of the car and puts their whole family at risk? I get that she's upset, but now her mother is dead and that's even more upsetting. Plus, their kid is probably traumatized for life and the tiger might get shot.

The daughter wasn't thinking straight at the time due to the intense argument. People can have difficulty grasping the potential consequences of their choices when they're acting on impulse. She made a stupid mistake, but not one that warrants all the hate that's being thrown at her.
MischievousGhostJul 25, 2016 6:46 PM
Jul 25, 2016 6:48 PM

Sep 2012
Aurali said:
Edgelords are bringing up "survival of the fittest", even though that phrase can be used to justify atrocities of all types. Some of them are saying the victim deserved to die.

Moog said:
It said that she had a fight with her husband, but who in the world steps out of the car and puts their whole family at risk? I get that she's upset, but now her mother is dead and that's even more upsetting. Plus, their kid is probably traumatized for life and the tiger might get shot.

The daughter wasn't thinking straight at the time due to the intense argument. People can have difficulty grasping the potential consequences of their choices when they're acting on impulse. She made a stupid mistake, but not one that warrants all the hate that's being thrown at her.
She got her mother killed because she was a petty drama queen who had a temper tantrum and stepped outside with live tigers.

It's because of white knights like you that this type of bratty behavior to the extreme can be justified.

Does she deserve to be mauled by a tiger? Of course not. But it's her fault for arrogantly thinking that tigers are going to step aside for her emotions.
Jul 25, 2016 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
To be so mad as to do something extremely stupid like that. She lost all sense of logic and her mother in that instance. Shame that her moms last moments played out that way.
Jul 25, 2016 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
FrozenRaider said:

a mother lost her life trying to protect her child. how insensible can you possible be..?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 25, 2016 7:27 PM

Mar 2012
Red_Keys said:
Aurali said:

She got her mother killed because she was a petty drama queen who had a temper tantrum and stepped outside with live tigers.

It's because of white knights like you that this type of bratty behavior to the extreme can be justified.

Does she deserve to be mauled by a tiger? Of course not. But it's her fault for arrogantly thinking that tigers are going to step aside for her emotions.

You're right, her stupidity got her mother killed, but that's already weighing on her conscience, and wasn't her intention. I don't see the point in severely shaming her for it and saying she deserved to be mauled (I'm referring to the YT comments) when that's not something the mother, who sacrificed her life for her daughter, would want. Also, I doubt she arrogantly thought the tigers would make an exception for her. The lack of animals in sight might have subconsciously given her a false sense of security while she was absorbed in the argument.
Jul 25, 2016 9:07 PM

Nov 2014
DreamingBeats said:
FrozenRaider said:

a mother lost her life trying to protect her child. how insensible can you possible be..?
actually she just was in a fight with her husband.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.