Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2016 12:38 AM

Mar 2016
Watched plenty. The only one I can say I don't find interesting has been the bloated Gundam series.

I have watched a large variety from FMA, KoS, CG:LotR, GATE and as stated earlier tried variety of Gundam just found it uninteresting.

I'm looking for less popular, but hopefully good series in relation to wars and conflict.
It's ok, to not be ok.- A Stranger
Jul 25, 2016 12:41 AM

Apr 2016
If you like military based animes and girls, have a look at Kantai Collection (also known as KanColle). I'm not sure about the plot but I knowit suits your request
Jul 25, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 25, 2016 12:48 AM

Mar 2016
Thank you, I've seen Gurren, I realize my list isn't as complete as it should be but I've seen plenty seriously popular series
Jul 25, 2016 12:58 AM

Oct 2014
First Squad: The Moment of Truth (not the best movie, but it's military based), Girls und Panzer, Grisaia no Kajitsu (the second season is more military based, the first season is just a harem for the most part), and High School Fleet.
Jul 25, 2016 1:11 AM

Mar 2008
That's a pretty broad net, so I'll just throw out whatever might be hit.

contemporary:
Zipang - an Aegis destroyer ends up in WW2.

Cat Shit One - spec ops vs terrorists. Short and animal. CGI.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - souped up sentient sci-fi ships and submarines in combat. CGI, tones of harem.

Girls und Panzer - just like its name; half girls being cute and half WW2 tanks doing the rounds in combat 'matches'.

historical:
Kingdom - a young peasant in ancient warring China seeks to become a great general. Large CGI battles. Action-focus.

Souten Kouro - Three Kingdoms (China ~200AD)

Maria the Virgin - a witch & religion during the 100 years war, France. Despite the magic and angels, it's quite historically grounded. A few low-key battles.

Nobunaga Concerto - time-slipped into becoming one of Japan's famous unifiers. Plays with history, somewhat tongue-in-cheek and lighthearted. Moves into more serious matters/battles. all CGI.

Oda Nobuna's Ambition - Oda Nobunaga again, this time genderbent. The MC tries to avert tragic history. tones of fanservice/harem.

fantasy:
Break Blade - mecha fantasy, low-tech kingdoms at war.

Utawarerumono - escalating fantasy conquest with a hint of its visual-novel haremness.

Guin Saga - classic epic fantasy

Madan no Ou to Vanadis - magical fantasy with a fair dose of ecchi

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - rpg fantasy-esque setting with a focus on diplomacy, cultural, and economic aspects. Romance.

Magi - starts out with an adventure-quest premise that leads into more kingdom-scale events.

I'm not sure which Gundams you've tried, but these are the more succinct and 'war-ish' ones:

Gundam Thunderbolt - all-out battles with gruesome details and traumatised soldiers. About as edgy and gritty as Gundam gets.

08th MS Team - a small squad in a setting perhaps reminiscent of Vietnam. Combat is particularly grounded. Doubled with a romantic storyline.

Gundam 00 - high-powered Gundams take on the world powers in insurgent actions.
CkanJul 25, 2016 1:14 AM
Jul 25, 2016 1:20 AM

Mar 2016
Thank you very much Ckan, it appears I have alot of shows to try and thank you and haven't tried those varieties of Gundam so I think I'll give Thunderbolt or 08th MS Team a try as well.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel bothered the hell out of me made it through four episodes.

Saw a bit of Zipang was entertain got sidetracked watching it a long time ago should pick it up again.
Jul 25, 2016 1:42 AM

Feb 2015
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Blood+
Kingdom
Heroic Age
Bounen no Xamdou
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino
Seikai no Senki II
Strike Witches
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Senjou no Valkyria
Jul 25, 2016 1:51 AM

May 2016
>heavy object
>god eater
>code geass
>heroic age

More topics from this board

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

12 by boguda »»
3 hours ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
4 hours ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
5 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.