Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2016 3:35 PM

Mar 2016
It was on the recommendation list to Your Lie in April which is one of my favorite animes so i was wondering if it is on the same lvl? Is it sad like Clannad AS, Anohana or Your lie in april?

Its got an average rating of 8.42 which is pretty high so was just wondering if someone could tell me if it is really that good and if its like the animes i mentioned above?
Jul 24, 2016 3:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It's not a feels drama like any of the shows you mentioned. You're better off comparing Sakurasou to something like Toradora. It's a solid romcom with a bit of drama on the side (the latter being undoubtedly its weakest part), but certainly nothing that'll make you cry (not that it tries to either)
Jul 24, 2016 3:54 PM

May 2015
lel naw
it's fun and all but no masterpiece

although since you liked Clannad and Anohana, youll enjoy Sakurasou as well; it's no tearjerker, but it's a nice watch
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Jul 24, 2016 4:01 PM
Nov 2012
I will have to agree that if you are looking for a "sad" romance anime, even though it tries its best and by no means does it stray from that goal(even though there is no conclusion as far as the anime goes),it just doesn't cut in the end. The thing with sakurasou is that it tackles more subjects than a highschool romance, the clearer of them being the fight between talent and hardwork, which makes it more interesting than others of its category. Also the echii isn't that bad and it is being done in a successful humoristic attempt(now that's first). To sum up it is a great anime definitely not overrated(ok maybe a little) but if you are looking for a strictly romance anime you won't enjoy it as much especially due to the fact that it is left unfinished. I am going to look in your anime list and recommend you some more anime closer to melodrama, which I am guessing you are looking for.
So that is how I can change my singature....
Jul 24, 2016 4:09 PM
Nov 2012
Alright continuing where I left before. Ef is imo one of the best melodrama anime just sometimes doesn't cut it with people due to the interconnecting stories and the heavy focus on drama(It is not a rom com). You can also try air which is closer to what Clannad and Kanon is (the 2006 of course). hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora is also something close to those above but it is also 6 episodes(like a long European movie) so don't know what you think about it. For the rest you can just search romance tag in the search bar but from some older ones that sometimes get missed I would recommend Myself;Yourself and H2O:footprints in the sand

P.S excuse me for any wrong names I wrote everything from memory
So that is how I can change my singature....
Jul 24, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2016
I tried EF since it is made by shaft (i am a big fan of them) but the fact that there were serveral stories taking place in different countries made it rather annoying to watch. Anyway thank for all your answers. I think i will watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo sometime in the future but not anytime soon as it seems its not much more than a good romcom.
Jul 24, 2016 4:39 PM
Aug 2015
The light novels were kinda eh, but the anime was really cute.
Jul 24, 2016 10:55 PM

Jun 2016
I dropped the anime on ep 21 or 20, the 'Romance' doesn't exist.
Sure there is a love triangle with the MC, kinda but not many of those feelings within the triangle ever blossom.
Its overated asf, but it was the first anime where I saw a *shiina, Mashiro* type character so at the time I enjoyed it.
But around ep 20 the plot hits a bump, that was put in too late in the series to make a huge impact.

Oh, and not even once (maybe once or twice) Is she refered to as a pet. oR him her owner.
WAKE THE FUCK UP DEADMAN!
Jul 24, 2016 11:40 PM

Mar 2016
personally i didnt like it all that much, it had some enjoyable moments but i didnt find it satisfying
Jul 25, 2016 12:08 AM

Jun 2016
Sakurasou is no way near the emotional level of Clannad, Anohana and YLIA, but that doesn't mean its bad. I really like it. I like its art style, the characters have a lot of development and relatable and I think you will enjoy it since you also like clannad, anohana, angel beats and YLIA (My personal favorite also!).

More topics from this board

» Ao Haru Ride Rant (Had to get this off my chest) Spoilers!

XGirl86 - 5 hours ago

0 by XGirl86 »»
5 hours ago

» Anime or manga with 'otaku ni yasashii gyaru' type character.

Thanatos1 - Apr 13

4 by DMind »»
Today, 3:23 AM

» recommend me a psychological anime or a timey one

bringerofanan - Apr 13

5 by dugarasu »»
Today, 1:15 AM

» Any recommendations for similar Anime like this?

D_33 - Apr 10

11 by dugarasu »»
Today, 12:53 AM

» Recommend an anime you think the user above you will enjoy based on a non-anime movie/show/video game/book that they like

arinthach - Apr 12

10 by SleepingBear »»
Yesterday, 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.