Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2016 12:15 PM
Jan 2015
Ok so I tried logging in on MAL on my browser but this came up: "Access has been restricted for this account. Do not attempt to evade this ban! Evasions will only result in your ban becoming successively longer - and possibly permanent.

If you feel this ban is an error or has been exceptionally long, please contact a moderator at MAL's IRC channel: #myanimelist@irc.rizon.net. If you are not familiar with IRC, you can use our web client.

Once you have connected to IRC, do not message the channel asking for help with your ban. Instead, please PM a moderator who is an Operator (have full stars beside their nicks or an @ sign in front) or, if necessary, an Admin (have keys or & in front). You can send a PM by double clicking on the moderator's name. Be sure to include your MAL username in your message." Now I'm positive I haven't done anything to get this but I was wondering if this was a virus or something of that sort. Also I can post (obviously) from an incognito window and my phone, which makes me all the more confused. If anyone can help, that would be great, thank you.

Mod Edit: Provisionally set as resolved.
TenshoSep 20, 2016 7:41 AM
Jul 24, 2016 12:53 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
This message often pops up when you're using a VPN or any sort of software that changes your IP-address, do you recall using a VPN at that time?

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 24, 2016 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
brandoncrisos said:
Jicetus said:
This message often pops up when you're using a VPN or any sort of software that changes your IP-address, do you recall using a VPN at that time?
ah so that's it. makes sense now, so am I actually banned or anything idk
It's better if you talk with a mod regarding your IP issue.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 24, 2016 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
Not a virus, I can certainly confirm that.

Talk to @Kineta .. she helped me bigtime once before with this.
Jul 24, 2016 9:03 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The next time you receive the msg, please contact a forum mod on IRC by following those instructions so we can resolve the ban for you if it is indeed a mistake.
Aug 3, 2016 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
Tensho said:
The next time you receive the msg, please contact a forum mod on IRC by following those instructions so we can resolve the ban for you if it is indeed a mistake.

Whats IRC? Sorry I'm new here but I also have the same problem. Sometimes when I log in I get the message that I been ban, after some time (like a 5 minute wait) the ban is gone and I can use this site properly but then I will again receive the message after 20 minutes and so.
Aug 3, 2016 6:56 AM

Oct 2014
WillItReachHer said:
Tensho said:
Whats IRC? Sorry I'm new here but I also have the same problem. Sometimes when I log in I get the message that I been ban, after some time (like a 5 minute wait) the ban is gone and I can use this site properly but then I will again receive the message after 20 minutes and so.
No worries.
google fu said:
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is an application layer protocol that facilitates transfer of messages in the form of text. The chat process works on a client/server model of networking. IRC clients are computer programs that a user can install on their system.
tl;dr - a simple chatting room.
---
Now, MAL has an IRC channel as well. You can connect to it either using your browser using a site like KiwiIRC or DL an application on your pc like Hexchat or MIRC.

Instead you can just use this link to goto the chat: http://myanimelist.net/irc/ and here you can find all IRC related questions: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1141819 (just scroll down to ban related assistance)
IizyAug 3, 2016 6:59 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Sep 20, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2016
I am using free vpn Hola now and have no problem with access to MAL. I suggest to ask support team for help and read this article https://myipservices.com/blog/what-vpn-and-why-you-should-use-one . It must be some kind of mistake
Sep 20, 2016 7:40 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
SummerHaze said:
I am using free vpn Hola now and have no problem with access to MAL. I suggest to ask support team for help and read this article https://myipservices.com/blog/what-vpn-and-why-you-should-use-one . It must be some kind of mistake
It depends on what IP your VPN is using at the moment, so it is still possible to be banned by mistake.

More topics from this board

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
7 hours ago

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - 7 hours ago

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
7 hours ago

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
8 hours ago

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Yesterday

2 by GamiKhan »»
Yesterday, 2:58 PM

Sticky: » Advertisement Complaint Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - May 22, 2016

464 by traed »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.