Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2016 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
Hey there,
I'm looking for anime with a few or no reviews and or few views. I'd like to get into writing reviews and I feel more motivated if the anime doesn't have a ton of reviews already, as I believe my review won't be as helpful if the anime already has a lot of them.
(And yes, I will hopefully improve my English by the time I get to writing... ^^°)
Do you have any recommendations or advice on how I can find those anime?
Thanks in advance :3
I wanted to enjoy every second, but time went by too fast.
As time has long run out, we grow more distant with every heartbeat.
You're so close, yet so far... Memories are fading and my heart's breaking.
Please be happy. Because I can't. I will never forget you.
Jul 22, 2016 12:45 PM

May 2015
That's an interesting request. There's tons of Manga that can use a review. However, since you're focusing on anime, I have a few that you might want to look into:

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Has 9 reviews and 8,571 members. This is my hidden gem. Because of the year it was released as well as its cover picture, it is often overlooked and goes by unnoticed. However, you should never judge an anime by its cover. Give it a try.

Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki
A highly-rated, but rather unpopular OVA series with only 9 reviews and 24,406 members. The art is old, but it has a simple premise and is quite entertaining. It can be a good start to practice your reviews.

Zettai Bouei Leviathan
A cute-girls-doing-cute-things anime with only 6 reviews and 17,329 members. This is an anime that I personally enjoyed. It's short, so you should be able to finish it quickly.

Happy Seven
More cute girls doing cute things, but older. Has only 3 reviews and 3,173 members, so you can give this one a try. It's not too bad IMO.
TarotistJul 22, 2016 1:20 PM
Jul 22, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2010
It'd have to be either something older, like 90'-early 00', or unpopular, like some shows for kids, who are watched by few users here on MAL.

All I can think of is Lovedol: Lovely Idol and Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel: Kyun Kyun☆Tokimeki Paradise!!, each have only two reviews.
Jul 22, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
Once I finish translating it you should give a review on "Ore-sama Kingdom". The only review it has at the moment is only about the first two episodes. I basically consider this to be "my anime" since if you want to watch it in English you have to see it with the translations I have created. Lady Jewelpet only has one review and Larva has no reviews.
Jul 22, 2016 1:10 PM

Oct 2015
(your rating) From your list(s) :

(9) - Detective Conan Movie 07: Crossroad in the Ancient Capital : 2 reviews
(8) - Suika : 2 reviews
(8) - Kyoto Animation: Suiei-hen : 1 review
(7) - Tanoshii Muumin Ikka - 3 reviews (I'd read that review, but refuse to watch the anime. Mumins = books only)
[...]

(3) - Shokupan Mimi : 0 reviews
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jul 24, 2016 5:43 PM

Nov 2011
Thanks everyone for your help! ^_^

Actually I'm really excited to watch all episodes of Oresama Kingdom~ Unfortunately, the episodes are so short... Thanks for subbing it! I really appreciate it!

And thanks BannoBunka, didn't realise I had anime that match the criteria on my list already.
(I never read the Mumin books, but if you recommend them, I guess I'll go to the libary and look for them as I really enjoyed the story)
I wanted to enjoy every second, but time went by too fast.
As time has long run out, we grow more distant with every heartbeat.
You're so close, yet so far... Memories are fading and my heart's breaking.
Please be happy. Because I can't. I will never forget you.
Jul 25, 2016 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
:) yeah, do that.
If for some anime it is claimed that they belong to a "healing"-genre, then that is definitely also true for Moomin books.

there are 2 kinds of Moomin books :
- Picture books
a) collections of newspaper comic strips (4 pictures for Mo.-Fr. and 8 for Saturdays). These are less episodic / follow a story more than say "Peanuts" or "Garfield". I am not sure if these are available in English language, even though they were made for international market.
b) original picture books

- novels (text) with sparse illustrations - these should be perfect for taking to the beach or some such. (well, maybe not those borrowed from the library ...)
The one I would not recommend to start with is "The Exploits of Moominpappa" (Swedish : Muminpappans bravader), as this one tells stories from Moominpappa's past and lacks most other characters.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

40 by Omega90 »»
4 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
4 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.