Forum Settings
Forums

could there be a myanimelist style website for other entertainment and would it become popular?

New
Jul 22, 2016 9:09 AM

Jul 2016
I mean I personally think it would be cool if there was a way I could show all the cartoons, movies, and books I've read and record them on a website and talk to others about them. but would it work out as well, cause with anime there are allot more people dedicated to this entertainment form and that is what makes my anime list used as much as it is. would one for movies, books, and cartoons be as widely used? if there is a website already doing this please put a link in the description.
Jul 22, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2016
Unless it has video sharing capabilities nobody would leave myanimelist.net.
Jul 22, 2016 9:21 AM

Aug 2015
i'm pretty sure there's a lot of sites like what you said.
for movies/tv there's letterboxd, icheckmovies, or imdb.
i only know goodreads for books.
goodreads, imdb, and letterboxd seem pretty popular, i don't use any of them much except goodreads, though.
Jul 22, 2016 9:21 AM

Apr 2009
well there is goodreads for books.
i know there was also something similar for tv shows cause a friend recommended it to me but i don't even watch tv shows all that often so i didn't care enough to remember the name
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jul 22, 2016 9:23 AM

Jul 2016
TurtleTero8 said:
Unless it has video sharing capabilities nobody would leave myanimelist.net.

I wouldn't leave my anime list just wanted to see sites like these for other mediums
Jul 22, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
thanks for all the responses. i shall go check out Goodreads and maybe make an account if i like what i see.
Jul 22, 2016 9:38 AM

Apr 2009
shotz_ said:
i have an ongoing project for a new website called MyWankList. ofc it would have the same main features of mal too.
pls hurry up
r/n i'm forced to go through the suboptimal option of saving wank material as a draft post on tumblr and every time i add something to it i get anxious that i'll accidentally publish it. it's highly distressing.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jul 22, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
shotz_ said:
kawaiiyuris said:
pls hurry up
r/n i'm forced to go through the suboptimal option of saving wank material as a draft post on tumblr and every time i add something to it i get anxious that i'll accidentally publish it. it's highly distressing.
i'm going as fast as i can. i'm buidling the database all by myself.

can't wait to see how the forum turns out though.
as long as immahnoob makes an account i'm sure we'll have plenty of quality discussions about ethical aspects of taboo fetishes
deadoptimist said:
Jul 22, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
There's a lot. A lot of them are also way more popular than Mal eg imdb

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 8 hours ago

9 by 0arche »»
16 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

15 by traed »»
18 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

14 by traed »»
21 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 12 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
2 hours ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 2 hours ago

2 by Sad »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.