Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 25, 2016 9:50 PM

Jul 2009
I'm only here for best girl and best seiyuu

Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 26, 2016 5:24 AM

Oct 2015
Episode 3 + 4 makes you think (me at least) that episode 1 was pretty badly botched.
Episode 4 feels like it could be an amazing episode 1.
I know its 100% personal, but I prefer Berserk like this: Calm, slow paced, philosophical, putting the focus on the voice acting/monologues and not action.
I have to say I really like the voice acting here...Especially Guts. He just nails it, the seiyuu has amazing emotional intensity during the difficult parts where Guts is thinking internally. Like for example within that cave with beast of darkness in episode 4.

The other voice acting is up & down. Though I feel quite at home with the voices of Serpico (NAILED IT) and Farnese is 8/10. Puck is great A++ Godo was great too
Jul 26, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
As someone who hasn't seen Berserk original before this is really good. Well just this episode. I gave it a three I saw focus and got a good taste of Guts' backstory and some nice foreshadowing of Casca who looks hot.

This should have been the first episode since I feel like they are establishing things. Good or bad I'll be finishing this show since I never seen Berserk before.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 28, 2016 2:29 AM

Oct 2008
So much brutality again its amazing!
Guts got his enormous sword sharpened and also got new armor!
4/5.

Jul 28, 2016 2:57 AM

Jun 2013

I honestly thought Rickert was a girl.

If I want to avoid human contact, I'll just drool like Casca next time.
臭い-
Jul 28, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2009
MasterHavik said:
As someone who hasn't seen Berserk original before this is really good.
Good or bad I'll be finishing this show since I never seen Berserk before.

May I ask why you are jumping straight into a sequel series?

Go back and watch the1997 original (or at the very least the 3 remake movies).
Jul 28, 2016 8:51 AM
Jan 2013
BEST SHIT THIS SEASON!

i mean, sure, the art is kinda rough sometimes, (who could animate those insane number of line like the comics) but this is the only show that the dialogue i don't want to skip while watching it! deep, poetic, rethoric, and eerie...

the only shit i deserve to watch is the vengefull guts and his huge ass sword!

Motherfucker this show is awesome....
Jul 28, 2016 8:55 AM
Jan 2013
wheresthehandle said:
I'm only here for best girl and best seiyuu

What are you talking about? there's no girl in berserk universe, just woman and kids....
Jul 28, 2016 2:58 PM

Mar 2016
Mezziaz said:
MasterHavik said:

No. If it ever comes between those choices, always go with the 1997 anime.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jul 28, 2016 3:00 PM

Mar 2016
John6977 said:
Rekien said:

You only saw this anime adaptation right? go watch the old anime adaptation or the three movies to have a better understanding of the story..its like you started to watch the anime on the second season.

If you watch that you'll have a much, much better understanding of guts power and how no human is on his level, he cant be matched, simply as that...Serpico is strong for a human, yes, but nowhere near Guts level.

EDIT= the manga is much better tough, not only because the story has a better paccing. At the start the art is just 'good', but then after some volumes it start being the most beautiful manga art you'll ever see.

Thank you for replying!
Yes this is the only anime adaption of Berserk I've seen. I've decided that as soon as I get paid I'm going to buy the first volume of Berserk lol. It sounds awesome.
So I guess Serpico wasn't bull shitting when he said he couldn't kill Guts lol.
He's still my favorite character so far though he hasn't done anything yet to make me dislike him.
I might put the anime on hold until I read the manga.
Thanks for clarifying that for me though.
Also I'm taking it that Guts isn't human, or at least all human?

By the way, in your initial run of manga, I'd buy the first 3 at a time. 1-2 start off literally in the middle of things (volume 14 canonically).

You should at least check them out for free online first, just to make sure you like them before dropping money though.
I know I hate throwing money away on assumptions I'll like a series.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jul 28, 2016 3:47 PM

Jan 2011
Mezziaz said:
MasterHavik said:

I'm lazy and I wanted to hear what was all the hype about regarding this series.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 28, 2016 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
The way this episode was edited together combined with it's deplorable CGI made it nauseating to watch.

Dropped. I'm going to wait 10 years for the next adaption.
Jul 28, 2016 10:51 PM

Sep 2014
MasterHavik said:
Mezziaz said:

I'm lazy and I wanted to hear what was all the hype about regarding this series.
people really loved the manga. the 1997 anime only really did 1 arc and fans had been waiting for berserk to get a continuation in anime for almost 20 years. now some people are just pants shittingly pissed because this is what we ended up getting
Jul 28, 2016 11:58 PM

May 2009
I think episode 4 was the best episode production wise for the series. there was considerably more 2d artwork and i think its a great start of a solid mix of being cost effective, but not losing the anime feel that come with 2d animation techniques. There were definitely a few areas where id rather see it 2d, but i did like this episode comparatively.
Jul 30, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2009
Is always sad to remember that moment about Casca...
Mozgus might you die soon...
Jul 30, 2016 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah I'm already sick of Farnese...Guts can you take all these guys out already?
Jul 31, 2016 1:58 AM

Mar 2011
Okay ep. This animation is not that bad after watching it for a while.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Aug 2, 2016 4:04 AM

Dec 2015
Was okay. Liked it a bit less than the previous episode. The talking and calmer stuff was boring (with Guts visiting the old smith). But the end with that inquisition guy was fun to watch.

Best to watch it for fun, splatter and action. (I usually don't like such stuff but for this Berserk seems really good.) Story not that interesting. At least not yet. (Preferred the Golden Agen stuff here with politics and armies and kingdoms fighting against each other. But not seems some other guys are involved that attacked the capital which was hinted at end of episode 3 and mentioned here in episode 4.)
Aug 5, 2016 12:32 AM

Oct 2015
casca looks fried and very ragged. Guts is in for helluva surprise, cant wait for next episode.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 5, 2016 5:09 AM

Mar 2009
WolfWood37 said:
Yeah I'm already sick of Farnese...Guts can you take all these guys out already?

She gets much better. Farnese's development is pretty good.

I'd say this adaptation is steadily improving. Definitely the best episode thus far.
Also, Luca being voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki <3.
Aug 6, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
Ah farnese is becoming more noticeable than usual..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 10, 2016 8:17 AM
Mar 2012
Just finished Berserk 97. Nice to see flashbacks & Guts in thought, but hurts to see those scenes of art redrawn in awful inconsistent 2D. At least the 3d here's the same ugly models to get used to.
I expected Rickert to live since he was never shown killed when in the infirmary camp, and the ominous fairy near him in the forest (not sure if puck) might've helped him.
No idea who's Luca, but just Sawashiro voice must mean important character I feel.
Story still interesting.
Aug 11, 2016 8:43 PM

Sep 2015
I still can't get over Casca turning into a vegetable :/
Aug 24, 2016 10:06 AM

Nov 2015
Alright episode, we got to see Casca.

Aug 27, 2016 3:04 PM

Feb 2013
It's a good thing I watched the movies, otherwise I wouldn't know what the fuss was all about.

Farnese was getting off on that brutal "torture."
Sep 24, 2016 3:07 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
ANOTHER FANTASTIC EPISODE !!! Nice to see Rickert. Casca is actually still tan, and not white though, which means this anime has been faithful, maybe something in the future change her to white? AND DAMN that wheel torture, CRUSHING HURT LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 27, 2016 10:16 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reflexions and the villain!!!!
Oct 8, 2016 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
nezu11 said:

That horse totally looks like its checking out Farnese...

Kek, you made my day good man.
Observation Skills : God Level
Nov 7, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2012
While the CGI still remains shit, the grotesque and intensity sure has improved!
Nov 29, 2016 12:51 AM

Mar 2016
At least we got to see Casca, and she seems to be "ok".
SVL3MNov 29, 2016 1:51 AM
Nov 30, 2016 9:12 PM

Mar 2015
I don't care about the negative things people are saying, this anime's been getting better with each episode and I'm enjoying it!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 6, 2016 10:01 AM
Dec 2014
The animation is so bad that it kill the whole anime seriousness.I actually laughed in the punishment scene.
May 7, 2017 10:17 AM
Dec 2012
Guts meeting the old man probably for the last time.
Nice to see Rickert there with Erika. At least she won't be alone if the old man passes away.

Business must be really slow if hes wasting materials to make grave markers. He could have found probably a few old swords from the battlefields.

2 whole years? Wow that's some time to be away from Casca, especially after the state she was in. Guts really does keep making the same mistake over and over. He say's it wasn't forced on him but he chose it. I'm not sure about that.

They have time for religious wars and inquisitions? Have they not seen the demons or ghosts? Farnese took some pleasure in seeing them getting tortured. Staying true to her character.
Jul 15, 2017 5:21 AM

Mar 2014
yikes did we have to see a flashback of the rapehorse

anyway mozgus is already incredibly disgusting just like in the manga. Ugh I hate Farnese, she's getting turned on by watching people being tortured
Feb 13, 2018 2:17 AM

Oct 2015
Mozgus' legendary face is one of the series' hightlights xD and I don't remember Farnese getting turned on here in the manga lol. This kinda makes her even more messed up than I can remember since it isn't directly related to her backstory.

Good to see disabled Casca too.
Dec 11, 2018 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
castca best voice actor

also, backstory the anime :^)
Dec 28, 2018 4:40 AM

Jul 2016
lihle808 said:
casca looks fried and very ragged. Guts is in for helluva surprise, cant wait for next episode.

She looks fucking loopy as all hell
Nov 11, 2019 12:21 PM
May 2019
Average episode. Might just be me, but I feel like it is slowly becoming better. It probably will take a wrong turn sooner or later though.
Apr 16, 2020 12:53 PM

May 2016
Those scenes felt really nostalgic.
Mar 29, 2021 12:52 PM

Apr 2020
Good episode. It was nostalgic to see Godo again. Apparently he DID make the gunarm for Guts. Knowing that he's probably going to die soon, made me a little sad. Even though he's only been in 1 or maybe 2 episodes last season.

And Rickert. I thought he died, how could he have escaped that horrible situation from last season? I didn't recognize him at first, seems like he finally grew a bit.

Poor Casca, seems like she's totally out of it. Weird decision from Guts to abandon her for 2 years. I'm still wondering how they escaped (and if the anime will answer those questions. Probably not). Rickert said something about her working in "the mines" for a few years? How? On who's order?

I'm also willing to put money on that "holy dude" (Mozgus?) being a demon lord actually and "his torturers" being all demons. Not a single one of them wasn't wearing a mask or looked like a "normal" human. And it would make sense, because demons love torture, right? Farese still can't believe she nearly got raped by a horse. Not smart if you ask me, trying to deny what happened. I'm guessing she'll face some demons on her own soon. Without Guts to save her.

Anyways, we'll see how it develops. I feel like almost every episode is crammed with information. Probably to make up for the "relatively low" amount of episodes.

Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM
Apr 2023
ben bölüm bölüm yazamıyor mangasını yeni okudum
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

989 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

181 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:58 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.