Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2016 6:04 AM

Mar 2016
How dirty is your humble abode? Do you enjoy living a messy place? Does it help you think better? Do you consider "dirty" and "messy" two separate things?

For me, I freaking hate being surrounded by filth. Honestly, my apartment is never clean and I thank God I'm leaving home finally later this year. It would seem no matter how many times a person cleans anything here, it's always gross again. Living in a dirty place kinda puts you in a terrible cycle because seeing all the mess stresses you out so you're too bummed to clean anything, but by consequence your place gets even dirtier so you pull yourself together and try to clean a little but at this point there's so much garbage it stresses you out again and you have to sit down and you dont do anything for the next three days and everything's a total wreck again!

Maybe this is just me because I struggle with anxiety and depression but...

What are your thoughts? Do you live in a dirty household? Do you prefer a wildly clean habitat compared to a wildly dirty one?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 6:09 AM

Jun 2015
It is pretty cramped since there are a lot of books, but other than that, it is pretty clean. I'm not very messy to begin with and any superficial mess my brother makes, I immediately clean when I have the time.
Plus we do general cleaning every 2-3 weeks.
Jul 22, 2016 6:17 AM

Jun 2016
Ten bajillion shelves, every wall has at least two of them and 70% of them are full of books, half of them are dusty as hell, other than that we keep it relatively clean excluding the occasional piece of clothing on the floor.
Jul 22, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2016
BRB-kun said:
It is pretty cramped since there are a lot of books, but other than that, it is pretty clean. I'm not very messy to begin with and any superficial mess my brother makes, I immediately clean when I have the time.
Plus we do general cleaning every 2-3 weeks.

Cleaning every few weeks is a responsible thing to do. I gotta try that over here. ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2016 6:53 AM

Dec 2015
Considering I share a house with four other people it's surprisingly clean.
Jul 22, 2016 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
Considering I share a house with four other people it's surprisingly clean.

Dang, that's inspiring. Four people over here too but it's always messy... Might be in our genes.

Erg_Orgy said:
Ten bajillion shelves, every wall has at least two of them and 70% of them are full of books, half of them are dusty as hell, other than that we keep it relatively clean excluding the occasional piece of clothing on the floor.

You make it sound like you live in a bookstore. That's really cool.
about 90% of the problem over here is the amount of clothes we've amassed. ;__;
Jul 22, 2016 7:06 AM

Jun 2016
_Poochyena_ said:

Erg_Orgy said:

You make it sound like you live in a bookstore. That's really cool.
about 90% of the problem over here is the amount of clothes we've amassed. ;__;

Haha thanks, well we do lend books to anyone in town who asks so we're kind of a mini library so to speak.Clothes are also kind of a problem for us as well, we put lots of them on chairs but trust me a big wardrobe is a fantastic investment, solved lots of problems for our merry family of five.
Jul 22, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2015
My brother is currently sharing my room and he's a fucking mess. So it's extremely messy atm
Jul 22, 2016 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
I have OCD, so the house is never dirty. I mostly obsess over cleanliness, and put slightly less emphasis on orderliness, which means that some drawers and wardrobes can be a bit of an organised chaos, but what matters the most is that I know where I can find stuff.

There's virtually no mess, though. I try to keep things a bit minimal, without sacrifising the homey feel.
Jul 22, 2016 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
i expected weeaboo room pics in this thread. im disappointed MAL
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 22, 2016 8:17 AM

Mar 2016

Yeah, I can relate. I have a younger brother who likes to leave tissues all over the place cause he doesn't clean up after himself... If I had to room with my brother still, I'd really be in a dark place for real.. x_x

I like that! I can just imagine what it must feel like coming into a clean room every day. I bet it smells nice too. ;w;

Yeah, I wish I could say my place was in the middle, but nah I can't even lie to myself like that. I find organizing fun however. It's kinda relaxing.
Jul 22, 2016 8:26 AM

Mar 2016
Galaxy__ said:
i expected weeaboo room pics in this thread. im disappointed MAL

all you had to do was ask, freaky bro. cause i can provide!

Jul 22, 2016 8:28 AM

Apr 2016
I have a thing against clutter. So I try to deal with that.

As for being 'dirty', well let's say after awhile I have to cull the spiders and dust bunnies.
Jul 22, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
People who come over have mentioned that my humble abode is neat, so let's just go with that.
Jul 22, 2016 3:22 PM

Mar 2016

Well that's good. I don't like clutter either but I cant avoid it... >_<

That must be so nice! I always have to rush to clean up the place before I have anyone come over. It's a real hassle. :-/

Dude, same! I cant count how many times I've tried getting out of bed just to trip and fall over some random object. Yikes.
Jul 22, 2016 3:56 PM

Jan 2011
Quite clean, can't stand a dirty place
Jul 22, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2015
My teenage daughter lives with me one week on / off.

So slowly on bachelor week the house becomes clean, to almost perfect, then, BAAM!

She enters the house, her school back and stuff heads it's way to the floor even as the door is not properly shut, her school jacket then comes off somewhere between the front door and the refrigerator, and then she raids the fridge. She then eats, leaving a mess with every single thing she touches in the kitchen, leaving things on the benches, cutlery and plates unwashed, and foodcrumbs all over the place.

Then the rest of the house slowly gets trashed over the next week.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Jul 22, 2016 5:09 PM

Jun 2016
I live pretty neatly, especially in the kitchen since I don't want to attract bugs of any kind. I tend to leave stacks of papers from work around the place though.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jul 22, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2016
It is always clean, my desk might be a lil messy but never dirty. Cleaning my room once a week, my car aswell. And once in a month I'm cleaning literally everything in my room, the desk, my closet and my shelf.
Jul 23, 2016 1:58 AM

Oct 2011
Only excessively dusty, since I only do like one or two decent cleanups a week.
Jul 23, 2016 4:08 AM

Mar 2014
BlueKite said:
Only excessively dusty, since I only do like one or two decent cleanups a week.

wait,. its excessivly dusty when you clean atleast once a week? then what about my place? i clean about 3 times a year..
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
Jul 24, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2016
The first step toward having a relatively clean space...put your laundry away.

Yup, fold 'em up and put 'em in the proper drawer.

Stop living out of baskets. Unless you like wrinkles too.

And dump your dirty clothes in the basket out of sight. Bam. 40% of cleaning dealt with.

Another big thing...do the damn dishes! Clean up after eating. Don't let dishes sit forever.

Now that I'm done mothering all you kids, go back to watching your funny animal cartoons!
Jul 24, 2016 4:54 PM

Jun 2015
I am a 15 year old male.

I eat on my bed, I drink on my bed and I mostly do this after playing basketball for 5 hours. So I am tired.

does this answer your question
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 24, 2016 5:05 PM
Oct 2014
I keep my place pretty neat and clean. The trick is to not make it messy in the first place.

More topics from this board

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
26 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

311 by bevarnow »»
30 minutes ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by Zettaiken »»
41 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 6 hours ago

20 by Zettaiken »»
44 minutes ago

» Fill this thread with the most questionable statement or two you can think of!

IAmOdie - Apr 20

28 by Zarutaku »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.