Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
This site should add a detailed content advisory of anime like they have in imdb
Jul 26, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah that would be nice. Boss lets me watch anime when there are zero customers (like 5 in an 8 hour period). It would let me choose what to watch in a much more relaxed manner so that I'm not wondering if some cleavage is about to be all over the screen as she walks by my desk.
Jul 26, 2016 1:01 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah, it would be cool if we had an editable Parents Guide like IMDb. I try to include content warnings in my reviews at the bottom.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 26, 2016 6:10 PM
Dec 2013
Don't forget, the two ratings for the censored and uncensored versions for the anime.

The system will looks like (example):
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older (Broadcast version) for (reasons why)
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity (Blu-ray / DVD Release) for (nudity and other reasons)

If it only on one rating, it will looks like (example for Tokyo Ghoul):
Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity) for Strong Bloody Horror Violence and Gore, A Scene of Torture, Nudity and Language
Or Kyoukai no Kanata:
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older for Intense Violence, Language, and Suggestive Dialogue

Updating from this: http://imgur.com/a/YjNUz to the two rating systems above (This is the rating that is currently in for Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete. This is only for the censored version. Yes there is nudity on the BD version of Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete.)

The reason why I need it is because Uncensored and Censored Versions contains different materials (censored version contains black (for night) / light (for daytime) beams to cover nipples/gory parts, while uncensored version shows nipples/gory parts), as well as the detailed content advisory for the anime's content. Look at Luck & Logic! It's was originally PG-13, but changed to R+ because there is the scene that shows nipples on the BD release. http://fapservice.com/luck-and-logics-fourth-blu-ray-has-a-big-surprise/
And look at Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete! Despite wrongly rating the anime PG-13 (Ushinawareta Natsuyasumi wo Motomete is still R+), there is nudity as well on the BD releases. http://fapservice.com/ushinawareta-mirai-wo-motomete-series-review/
GamingGuy1802Feb 24, 2017 6:28 PM
Oct 22, 2016 11:28 AM

Dec 2015
Rating system is no where near good enough, and we cant get any of the details we need. We often hear on mal how the rating system is unreliable

Can someone pls tell me how I can get the admins to implement it? They can just provide us with the space and users will fill in the rest. I'm sure it will help many people immensely
Oct 22, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2015
DecimoXX said:
Rating system is no where near good enough, and we cant get any of the details we need. We often hear on mal how the rating system is unreliable

Can someone pls tell me how I can get the admins to implement it? They can just provide us with the space and users will fill in the rest. I'm sure it will help many people immensely

The admins do frequently (or at least occasionally) check out the Suggestions part of the site, so hopefully one of them will respond eventually.

I just went in and submitted a correction for the rating for Hellsing Ultimate; episode 7 has a very explicit sex scene yet the show is still only rated R. Doesn't seem fair if Ranma 1/2 has to be R+.

All this would be easier to understand/easier for watchers to know what they're getting into if we had this content advisory section.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
9 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.