Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 23, 2016 10:59 AM

May 2016
BRB-kun said:
I'm still forcing myself to watch Kuroko and Prince of Tennis.

+1 on KnB

After finishing the amazing Haikyuu!! I felt so excited about watching another sports anime that many people appreciate. BUT... Well, I cannot stop complaining about almost every single little thing - the Characters, the "abilities", the Plot, the almost non-existent basketball element. It is sad I cannot enjoy the anime except for some parts.
Jul 23, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
-soul eater not! // i literally only watched for the cameos of the original characters and i suffered
-digimon adv 02 // same as above
-dmmd // watched for the hype & memes
Jul 23, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
airbornejaws said:
Blazblue, cringed so hard watching it
ignore the anime and just play the games.
Jul 23, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 2015
Arata Kangatari
Hiiro no Kakera (both seasons)
Hyouka
Akatsuki no Yona
Amagi Brilliant Park
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Jul 23, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
None. I only watch what I know will appeal to me. If it still turns out to be bad, I just drop it. Anyone who forces themselves to watch things they clearly dislike are either masochists or have too much time on their hands or both.
Jul 23, 2016 2:18 PM
Jun 2016
lol someone posted sakurasou

I forced myself through Seitokai Yakuindomo and OniAi, ended up dropping OniAi and but finished Seitokai, since it was pretty funny.

I'd say the anime that put me on the edge of my seat and made me regret not 1 second of watching it was danshi koukousei no nichjijou... holy hell, too funny
Jul 23, 2016 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
I forced myself to watch Code;Geass because I was sooo bored by this military junk but had a strong feeling the show was gonna end up good after the first season and I actually enjoyed it and was awed at the great ending/psychological side of it.
.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.✦
Jul 23, 2016 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
anything I rate below 4 basically? lol
Jul 23, 2016 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
Kill La Kill... i forced myself to watch it until the part where the guy who destroy suits appears or wtv such a shit anime.

D. Gray Man until the part of the legandary swordman.

Soul eater until that reaper escapes from under the school and the son of the director runs after him but get distracted by how beautiful the sky way or wtv hapenned.

Theres probably a bit more but i cannot recall at the moment.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Jul 23, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2015
I forced myself to finish Hundred. I was about half-way when I realized how bad it really was so I thought might as well finish it to see if it'll get even a little bit better. It did get a 'tiny' bit better, but it was just so bad.

caught in the wonder
Jul 23, 2016 3:26 PM

May 2016
This looks like a fine place so settle my grave!

First would be Dragon Ball. Got about 30 episodes of that nonsense, and not gonna give any more second chanses to that one!
Second would be... you guessed it, Dragon Ball Z, which I actually did finnish... with regrets!
What else... erm, Fist of the North Star? Saint Seiya... which I dropped. Serial Experiment Lain... omg, what a nonsensical pile of shit! Digimon.. no thanks! Little Snow Fairy Sugar... argh! And... oh yeas, Hamtaro, from my tiny-years!
"Watching a bad anime, is like watching your cat die - it's sad, it's painful, and it's never over too quickly." - Pahatar
Jul 23, 2016 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
Pupa
Charlotte
Glasslip
Naruto
Fairy Tail
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Comet Lucifer
SAO
Ranpo Kitan
Dramatical Murder
BlazBlue
Aldnoah Zero
Ro-kyu-bu
Plastic Memories
Mayoiga
God Eater
Blood-C
Noir
Najica
Tokyo Ghoul
Free
Yowamushi Pedal
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Happiness
Karin
Ragnarök the Animation
Happy Seven
DearS
Dagashi Kashi
Zero no Tsukaima
LainJul 23, 2016 5:09 PM
絶対大丈夫だよ

Jul 23, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2015
Familiar of Zero. I finished all four seasons for the experience of watching a bad anime so I could appreciate the better of anime.
Jul 23, 2016 4:56 PM

Jul 2016
HOTD I just felt unclean throughout the whole thing but i really wanted to know how it ends
Jul 23, 2016 5:04 PM
Apr 2014
Code Geass at first. Heard the ending was real good, but the overall aesthetic put me off. Ended up binging it anyways after I got a few episodes in.
Jul 23, 2016 5:55 PM

Mar 2016
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Man, that anime is so borring!!!
I started watching because of is rating (8.93!) and i watched 3 episodes then i dropped.
Some people said to me to give a chance to the anime so i forced myself again but i just take more 3 episodes and droped again.
I know the final episode is really emotional and stuff, but it left 18 episodes until the last episode and i CANT watched that.
yousandroJul 23, 2016 6:00 PM

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jul 23, 2016 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Too many to count. I've force-watched through at least three dozen anime on my list that I thought was garbage, and couldn't wait for them to end. I considered dropping them several times, too.
Jul 23, 2016 6:29 PM

May 2015
I tried to get through Divine Gate....couldn't do it.....it was just that bad of an anime.

Jul 23, 2016 6:31 PM

Jan 2015
Mano shojo magical shitty girls and Selector infected pouring cynide down my throat would have been nicer

ur opinion = shit
Jul 23, 2016 6:32 PM

Mar 2016
romagia said:
literally every anime ever created

Why are you here then? To rain on the anime parade?

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Jul 23, 2016 6:44 PM

Oct 2013
Boku no Hero Academia
The second season of Nisekoi
SAO (The second part of each season)
Tokyo Ghoul
KissxSis
High School DXD
Fate/Stay Night UBW S2
Jul 23, 2016 7:17 PM
Jul 2016
I watch anime to improve my japanese and pass my university course, so yeah I force myself to watch every anime.
Jul 23, 2016 7:26 PM

Sep 2013
Psycho Pass 2. It's been more than 2 years and I've still not managed to finish it.
sic mundus
Jul 23, 2016 7:31 PM
Dec 2015
Seikon no Qwaser... why?... boobs that's why! anyways there are more but that's #1on my "Watching that physically and mentally f*cked me(if that makes sense)" list.
"One day I'm going to die, when that day comes I hope to be alive" -Smirking_Oracle
Jul 23, 2016 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
I'm reluctant to drop one cour show so I forced myself to finish some of them.

-Colorful (not a smart idea at all since it was obvious it would always be the same shit)
-Tamako Market (to see when the plot was going to move forward, it didn't)
-Kanojo ga Flag (to see how awful it could become)
Jul 23, 2016 9:13 PM
Jul 2016
Death Parade. That anime is super boring, nothing happens, bad story.
Everyday a different sig.

Jul 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Jul 2016
Qualidea Code

The first two episodes are trash.

Life is empty without anime

Jul 23, 2016 10:14 PM
Jul 2012
Elfen Lied so I have the most valid reasons to justify that this is indeed one of the worst pieces of fiction ever published

Darker than Black, it just never went anywhere

Logh, it got so bad around the middle, and got even worse as certain characters died

Mushishi, I dropped it but every single episode after like one of the early ones felt like THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER, WORSE THAN ENDLESS EIGHT

Texhnolyze monotonous af as well
Jul 23, 2016 10:19 PM

Jul 2013
Gugure Kokkori-san. The humor got dry towards the end. Also Watamote since the cringe factor got worse every episode. Probably the only show I've ever truly considered dropping.
Jul 23, 2016 10:39 PM

Apr 2014
Right now it's Hunter x Hunter. I'm 11 episodes in and so far it's one of the most generic and by-the-books shounen I've seen. I'm told it gets better and everything but I'm starting to lose interest already. It doesn't help that the next episode a freaking recap episode. Because that's always s good sign of things to come.
Jul 23, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2014
Bobby2Hands said:
Hyouka - It was so damn boring, I never looked forward to the next episode.
You can say this about any SoL show. You just have to stay open minded and relaxed.

Jul 23, 2016 10:43 PM
Apr 2016
Clannad

Seisen Cerberus

Code Geass a little bit
Jul 24, 2016 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
Free,
Diabolik Lovers,
Brothers Conflict,
Naruto tbh, I am there only for Gaara and Shikamaru

Jul 24, 2016 3:55 AM

Nov 2009
07-Ghost- thought it will get better but no,it's too boring
Brothers Conflict - watched because seiyuu cast and the art game is pretty. but the art in anime is too ugly i can't stand it
Uta no Prince - too many cringey moments. watched because seiyuu cast and songs only.
Hamatora- i don't know, i just don't like it
SAO- watch it halfway only
Yahari- boring
some of Ghibli movies - i can't stand the slow pacing
Jul 24, 2016 4:04 AM

Sep 2012
Hikaru no Go

It wasn't a bad series at all. It was just I didn't understand the game and it was really slow at times. Though it got really good near the last 20 or so episodes and I marathoned it quite easily.
Jul 24, 2016 4:12 AM

Dec 2013
Lain_ said:
Pupa
Charlotte
Glasslip
Naruto
Fairy Tail
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
Comet Lucifer
SAO
Ranpo Kitan
Dramatical Murder
BlazBlue
Aldnoah Zero
Ro-kyu-bu
Plastic Memories
Mayoiga
God Eater
Blood-C
Noir
Najica
Tokyo Ghoul
Free
Yowamushi Pedal
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
Happiness
Karin
Ragnarök the Animation
Happy Seven
DearS
Dagashi Kashi
Zero no Tsukaima

Can i ask why didn't you like Charlotte? i mean the ending could have been expanded to 24+ episodes but other than that?

Which reminds me. Eureka Seven is another anime that i forced myself to watch and dropped.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Jul 24, 2016 5:29 AM

Aug 2008
Giotto said:

First of all I'll say that I love a good drama anime and I usually love the fantasy elements that Key adds to their visual novels. But Charlotte failed in both aspects to me. Characters are shallow - like real shallow and they barely have a defined personality. In the first episode we see Yuu being interestingly defined but then after the first episode he becomes completely bland. Ayumi's personality is basically "cute little sister", Yusa's personality is "airhead moe idol", Joujirou is "quirky friend" and Tomori? ... I don't find a reason to even care for her.
Charlotte can't even take its plot seriously and is full of pacing issues. It gets serious for 2 min before making an asspull or just ruining their own building tension up with a random comedy scene. They introduce Sara and take a long time making her important in one episode to just forget her in the next one.

For a drama to work you have to care for the characters and what happens to them but I think Charlotte failed to have any characters at all and they're the most important device in the genre.
Then the fantasy...we could go through lots of paragraphs talking about the plotholes but Key shows are full of those and I usually still enjoy them enough because of the environmental build or because the characters have enough charm to keep me interested. The thing that annoyed me the more is how Charlotte never figured what it wanted to be so the last episodes are built up on shock value of some scenes and a rushed ending. It's like someone, around episode 8 figured "oh, we have to define our goal" "but we still haven't reached the part where we are able to actually define the main characters relationships and personalities" "well fuck" "we'll make them cry with some deaths that are beautiful and shit".

Best thing about Charlotte is its visuals. But to me this is the Glasslip of melodramas.

Of course this is my opinion. Anyone is free to like it and tell me than I am full of bs, because maybe I just failed to see the things I mentioned. I just hated CHarlotte and it didn't help that I had high expectations for it
LainJul 24, 2016 11:45 AM
絶対大丈夫だよ

Jul 24, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
Watched some not-enough-interesting anime just because they was made by my favourite director\writer.
Jul 24, 2016 6:07 AM

Feb 2016
Insane_Testicle said:
Seikon no Qwaser... why?... boobs that's why! anyways there are more but that's #1on my "Watching that physically and mentally f*cked me(if that makes sense)" list.

a bit surprised when someone watching ecchi but dislike boobs
Jul 24, 2016 6:08 AM
Nov 2015
death note.. what a waste of almost 15 hours
Jul 24, 2016 6:35 AM
Jul 2016
Naruto. His voice was so obnoxious and the plot was too slow.

Kotoura-san. Spent the whole time waiting for the show to redeem itself from a really bad first episode. It never did.
Jul 24, 2016 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
Star- said:

Why? Im watching Death Note, im at episode 5, and it's pretty interesting

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jul 24, 2016 8:58 AM
Nov 2015
yousandro said:
Star- said:

i read alot of spoilers because i never really intended to watch death note, thats probably why i didnt really like it
Jul 24, 2016 9:12 AM
May 2016
Yu Yu Hakusho. Because almost everyone thinks its the best Shounen Anime. And I wanted to know why.
Jul 24, 2016 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Madoka Magica. I put it on hold since I didn't like it that much. But i'll force myself to finish it soon.
Jul 24, 2016 9:40 AM
May 2016
Yes, 2 anime (sorry if I offend you with this one):
-Noragami Season 2
-Code Geass

Noragami wasn't bad, but it all took so long and I wanted to know the end

Code Geass S1 wasn't that hard, but then R2 came and after 9 episodes I spoiled myself by watching memes😅 Still tried though...
Jul 24, 2016 9:48 AM
May 2016
Star- said:
yousandro said:

i read alot of spoilers because i never really intended to watch death note, thats probably why i didnt really like it

Yes me 2. There was some meme of bleach and it said

So I knew what was going to happen.

After that I was watching YouTube, guess what?

So I even didn't add it in my list because I watched it so fast I don't even consider it watching, so yeah, I forced myself to watch it. The manga was better though (I hated the animation sorry)
Jul 24, 2016 9:58 AM

Apr 2010
Thread locked

Thread locked for simple listing which is against the board rules.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

11 by Piromysl »»
3 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

25 by QPR »»
23 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

29 by 0arche »»
54 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

92 by Dracowyn »»
57 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

84 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.