Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 21, 2016 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I feel bad for Sanji this chapter..not only getting beat up by his father but also having to forced to marry someone. I think he put him a decent fight at least.

Kinda interesting to see more of his past though.
Jul 21, 2016 3:44 AM

Sep 2014
Bad Papa Vinsmoke playing dirty to beat his son. Sad flashback of Sanji D:

Dat Lightning Spear, Judge can also use Wall ability :/

Lol "handcuffs". That won't stop Sanji fighting style, though these are exploding handcuffs

Curious about what happend to Sanji's mother...

Jul 21, 2016 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
Great colour page.
Man Sanji had a terrible childhood. His brothers beating him up for cooking & his father doing nothing to help him. Even getting locked up. What a bunch of jerks.

Nice battle between Sanji & Judge. That Germa technology is something. Those Germa soldiers giving up their lives without a second thought.

Bomb Wristlets around Sanji's hand & Big Mom is the only one with the keys.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 21, 2016 4:56 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 21, 2016 5:03 AM

Jun 2013
Chapter was okay. Judge said to Sanji "So you dare to kick your own father", he proposed this whole thing... sigh.. And I don't know how I feel about this unnecesarry drama with Sanji and his father, why would he hate Sanji so much? Ünless its because of him that his wife died... but he's the third son born, so the 4th would be "blamed" for that (similar to how Tyrion was blamed in GOT series...)... it doesn't really makes much sense, for now.
Jul 21, 2016 5:11 AM

Mar 2012
I think people miss the fact that Sanji didn't ACTUALLY lose to his father, it felt more like a passive retreat/loss by Sanji. Sanji is definitely leagues above his father, although he was troubled by the unpredictability of the technology and the interference of the soldiers, the attacks hardly hurt him. I think he chose to lose and fight another time where the soldiers arent present otherwise more would die by his father.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Jul 21, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome chp. Interesting to know that they were all born on the same day? Wow
So they're friggin twins.
His mother birthed 4 at the same time or 5 with even Reiju?

The fight was awesome (best in a while). I knew Sanji wouldn't be man handled. He resisted quite well. And he barely used any of his new skills vs Judge who used a hell lots of tech along with his stupid suicidal body guards. My respect for Sanji just keeps growing and to think he was bullied by his brothers that much.
I definitely seeing him being able to beat Judge albeit barely tho not to mention Luffy.

Judge viewing Big mom as a deranged woman also makes it quite interesting. I wonder what his plans are.

So now we have another reason to beat up Big Mom since Sanji's hands are at stake.

Jan 2015
Sanji would've won that fight if only his Father didn't play dirty.. Well that's unless he wasn't holding back but i still think Sanji's stronger.

I wonder why Judge hates him so much tho
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
Chapter was okay. Judge said to Sanji "So you dare to kick your own father", he proposed this whole thing... sigh.. And I don't know how I feel about this unnecesarry drama with Sanji and his father, why would he hate Sanji so much? Ünless its because of him that his wife died... but he's the third son born, so the 4th would be "blamed" for that (similar to how Tyrion was blamed in GOT series...)... it doesn't really makes much sense, for now.

In GOT it´s not about Tyrion killing his mother, it´s just an excuse for Tywin to hate his son for not living up his expectations. The same way Sanji´s Dad (I refuse to call him judge) hates his son for not living up to his expectations.
Sanji is a thorn in his eye, a reminder of a failure that "he" created.

Especially during the medieval times such parental relations were common and unwanted children were pushed off somewhere (into a monastery or a far away province) to not lose face infront of other nobles.

Haven´t you heard of geneticly manipulated model childs?
To avoid children with disabilities it´s advertised to rich people to change the genetics of their embryos to fullfill the parents demands.
Blond hair, blue eyes, boy with huge dick and perky boobs. It´s being researched ,because it´s not guaranteed that a Brangilina Baby will inherit the genetic material for dickugly huge lips and the giant eyes of their parents.
IsterioJul 21, 2016 5:24 AM
Jul 21, 2016 5:22 AM
Apr 2016
Kind of expected him to lose, and I was right. Kind of didn't expect for his father to use one of his soldiers like that, though, but I figured he would probably use a sort of dirty looking way of achieving victory.

Also expected Sanji to have a tragic past as well, but not really this soon. His siblings are asses (haha, suckers. This includes the sister too. lol) and his father is especially an ass. Alright. Good to know. Now Sanji's treated as a slave by them all. Oh, wonderful.

So Sanji can use a sword too, I suppose. Of course, he doesn't want to. Only way he fights, as we all already know, is his choice of kicking, but that will probably change. Maybe.

Overall, and my usual response (lol), this chapter was okay.
Jul 21, 2016 5:24 AM
Sep 2012
An excellent chapter, and it stayed focus, gave Oda credit, he didn't just cut to something else.

Now I see why Sanji left, it was a very twisted family. At least Sanji and his dad agree on something, they refuse to acknowledge each other as father and son.

Sanji put a better fight than I thought he would. Got to give him credit, and even his family gave him some props.

So Sanji is rejecting this marraige just to spite them, and one of the others brothers could have been the groomed, but the father doesn't like Big Mom either.

And Sanji's mom took part in holding Sanji hands hostage, well that being said, again One Piece is doing something I just saw done in Fairy Tail, Sanji hands, it is similar what is happening to Mavis.
Jul 21, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
His father attack, seem so weak to me. Maybe he held back his power a bit. I feel like he has a twisted personality, once he said that "You've returned home Sanji, that means that You're indeed my SON" but in the end he said "I still and never will see a fool like you as a Son of mine". Or maybe he just want to look nice in front of his soldier, I dunno.

I'm sure Sanji has a closest relationship to his mother than his other siblings. That explain how Sanji has different personality than his siblings who closer to his father. Something must be happening to his Mother..

skwok-raven said:
I think people miss the fact that Sanji didn't ACTUALLY lose to his father, it felt more like a passive retreat/loss by Sanji. Sanji is definitely leagues above his father, although he was troubled by the unpredictability of the technology and the interference of the soldiers, the attacks hardly hurt him. I think he chose to lose and fight another time where the soldiers arent present otherwise more would die by his father.

I think it because he want to see if his family has changed even a little bit or not so he held back, in the end they are even worse than before.
korewaItaiJul 21, 2016 5:35 AM
a
Jul 21, 2016 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
I'm going to start this off by saying the spoiler made this fight seem really one sided which it wasn't. I love Sanji fights and this is really some of the best action we've gotten post time skip.

Really good chapter whether you like the outcome or not this is some of the best action we’ve had in a while. The hate between these two is real! This definitely wasn’t a stomp like may though from the spoiler and I have to wonder how Judge would fair without his suit (referenced by the Germa soldiers) and Germa technology? Also I think Sanji with a pair of those boots would be devastating but I hope he doesn’t wear them, instead I hope he comes up with something that is the equivalent by the end of this arc. Sanji’s backstory is pretty sad but I loved that Man in the Iron Mask reference as well. Glad to see that the family and Germa acknowledged his growth over the years.

I really don’t think this marriage is not going down. Now we just need to figure out how it’s going to be stopped. I’m still down with the idea that Big Mom will give the Vinsmoke the Tamatebako which will lead to conflict a between the two sides. Next question how does Sanji get out of the cuffs? Will Luffy use CoC to undo Sanji’s cuffs (similar to Rayleigh at the Auction house) or will we be getting the key from Big Mom?

This is how I am thinking this arc may shape up:
I’m starting to think that they really wont be fighting Big Mom this arc. Since Luffy can use CoC in the way Rayleight did at Sabaody Archipelago they don’t have to fight Big Mom to free Sanji. Since Big Mom is really only concerned with sweets the Tamatebako could be given to the Vinsmoke as a wedding gift or a symbol of their alliance only to blow up in Judge’s face. That in itself would cause him to fight against Big mom or at the very least reconsider his alliance. Now instead of Sanji being the one to incur her wrath it would be Judge. In all the commotion the Straw Hats steal the Poneglyph, secure Jinbe and Sanji, and sail for Wano, leaving Big Mom for a later arc.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jul 21, 2016 5:34 AM

Dec 2014
never seen more of a dick family than that. lol

no wonder sanji doesnt consider them as a family
Jul 21, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
blfan said:

And Sanji's mom took part in holding Sanji hands hostage

That was not his mother, that was Reiju, his older sister..
a
Jul 21, 2016 5:37 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Sanji. I can see why he hates his family so much.

Luffy is probably going to do a Rayleigh to save Sanji from those wrists bands.
Jul 21, 2016 5:42 AM

Jul 2015
blfan said:
And Sanji's mom took part in holding Sanji hands hostage, well that being said, again One Piece is doing something I just saw done in Fairy Tail, Sanji hands, it is similar what is happening to Mavis.

this comment just screams "i have no clue what im talking about" so loud it hurts my ears
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jul 21, 2016 5:44 AM

Oct 2011
Ok, this chapter was great

Jul 21, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2015
CaptainZoro said:
Bad Papa Vinsmoke playing dirty to beat his son. Sad flashback of Sanji D:

Dat Lightning Spear, Judge can also use Wall ability :/

Lol "handcuffs". That won't stop Sanji fighting style, though these are exploding handcuffs

Curious about what happend to Sanji's mother...

I don't think "Wall" is actually an ability, I think it just a command for a soldier to guard him with their own body...
a
Jul 21, 2016 5:59 AM

Jun 2016
I don't like his family now Grrrr !!!!

When Big Mom wasn't enough, Germa 66 needs to be stopped too.... Oda is really a sadist with his characters lol

Now, I can really tell that Sanji is more and more bond with France History, Oda made a clear parallel between Sanji and an old French legend thank to that little reference.

The old french legend reference:

but maybe i'm wrong ^^
Jul 21, 2016 6:05 AM
Jun 2016
Beth_Masey said:
His siblings are asses (haha, suckers. This includes the sister too. lol)

Yeah, many were loving the hell out of Reiju just because of how she helped Luffy. I bet they don't now. lol
Jul 21, 2016 6:11 AM
Sep 2012
Blackwallet said:
blfan said:

And Sanji's mom took part in holding Sanji hands hostage

That was not his mother, that was Reiju, his older sister..

No I meant she has the key to unlocking him.
Jul 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Sep 2014
Father of the year lol. No wonder Sanji doesn't want anything to do with him or his other siblings.
Fight was pretty cool, I don't think his father is a match for him though.
Not really worried about those cuffs since he should be getting them off pretty soon..
Jul 21, 2016 6:23 AM

Mar 2016
What an amazing chapter. 5/5. 10/10
That flashback was heartbreaking :( Hate this family. ughh. Judge freaking father of the year. Making Lelouch's father look good. (Okay maybe not but still an asshole xD)
Interesting to see how the others get Sanji's key. They're gonna need more help to get out of this island.

What do you guys think of Reiju? As bad as others? She did seem sympathetic to Sanji in the present

Jul 21, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
Father of the year.
Jul 21, 2016 6:44 AM

Mar 2016
Barion-Zara said:

Not twins, quadruplets :P
If I'm not mistaken Reiju mentioned about her being the older sister in the last chapter so 4 I guess

Jul 21, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
Darn it was pretty disappointing. I was expecting to see Sanji to kickass or at least show us new moves but Judge played dirty .-.

I guess it's truly Sanji's rescue arc now
Jul 21, 2016 6:49 AM
Mar 2014
LOL I love how stupid some people are in the comments...

Blackwallet said:

I don't think "Wall" is actually an ability, I think it just a command for a soldier to guard him with their own body...

You don't say :O
Jul 21, 2016 6:58 AM

Apr 2012
I felt bad for Sanji, every one in his family is a piece of shit
Jul 21, 2016 7:23 AM

Nov 2013
What a fantastic chapter that punched the shit out of those haters who kept saying Sanji's weak and blah blah.
Even with this chapter proving otherwise, they're still some saying that over the net. Didn't think it that was so hard to understand that Sanji didn't lose and had a very obvious reason to stop fighting his father.

Meh.. whatever.

I'm loving the Vinsmokes. A bunch of assholes who aren't afraid of using cheap tricks to get what they want. (villains with a sad story etc started to get boring and being evil just for the sake of it is good once in awhile)
Sanji's year didn't disappoint so far and i'm looking forward to badass screentime and his interesting story.
Jul 21, 2016 7:26 AM
Jun 2016
A short but good fight but i kind of expect a battle later between the first and second brothers against Sanji it would be epic
Jul 21, 2016 7:32 AM
Oct 2011
Ryunuosuke said:
Barion-Zara said:

If I'm not mistaken Reiju mentioned about her being the older sister in the last chapter so 4 I guess
If five were born at the same time doesn't that make them Quintuplets?
P.S. older sister could just mean came out of the womb minutes before the others.
Jul 21, 2016 7:52 AM

Apr 2011
I can't believe you guys aren't seeing how this arc is shaping up to be CP9 2.0, this time with Sanji playing Robin's role. This chapter just proved it with the handcuffs and Big Mam having the keys. The only main difference is that unlike Spandam, Big Mam is actually worth a damn...... probably.
Jul 21, 2016 8:03 AM

Nov 2014
The Plot is getting thicker by the chapter and I LIKE IT! But why the 8.99? 9.00 was the rating last week...

There is so much going on that you need to worry about things already and there hasn't been a single battle yet. (Small Skirmishes only). We still did not get a read of the Zou crew where the other Yonko/SH Crew are. DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!

My heart... this is too much..
Jul 21, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2016
animalia said:
Ryunuosuke said:

If five were born at the same time doesn't that make them Quintuplets?

P.S. older sister could just mean came out of the womb minutes before the others.

Well I was referring to 4 being born at once :P
Yes that was my first guess as well but thought it was weird how she was referring to herself as "Old sister" just because she could be born a few mins earlier. I don't know. Just don't see her being the same age as them.

Jul 21, 2016 8:15 AM
Apr 2016
MantaBaby said:
The Plot is getting thicker by the chapter and I LIKE IT! But why the 8.99? 9.00 was the rating last week...

Someone stated that it's due to the many alternate accounts being created for the sole purpose to rate it 1, which I know is true, but I doubt that's the only reason.

Either way, it doesn't really matter much, or at least to me. It's often said to only take the ratings on this site as a grain of salt, which I agree with. It only lost .01, anyway. Not to mention that the many alternate accounts that are created just to rate it 10s will likely jump it back up .01 anyway.
Jul 21, 2016 8:38 AM
Dec 2013
man, Sanji's father is a real piece of work. i hope luffy gives him a good enough beating. the same goes for the others with his other family members. i feel as though leaving Zoro out of the fight was a really bad idea because seeing him beating up and bad mouything his family would've been brilliant and great to see .
Jul 21, 2016 8:40 AM
Oct 2011
Spider-titan55 said:
man, Sanji's father is a real piece of work. i hope luffy gives him a good enough beating. the same goes for the others with his other family members. i feel as though leaving Zoro out of the fight was a really bad idea because seeing him beating up and bad mouything his family would've been brilliant and great to see .
Personally I hope Sanji gets payback in the rematch.
Jul 21, 2016 9:03 AM

Oct 2015
Awesome chapter. Sanji's father is one big bastard.
Throwing away his son just cause he doesn't live upto his expectations.
The brothers are no better.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 21, 2016 9:09 AM
Oct 2013
Ty-Ki said:
What a fantastic chapter that punched the shit out of those haters who kept saying Sanji's weak and blah blah.
Even with this chapter proving otherwise, they're still some saying that over the net. Didn't think it that was so hard to understand that Sanji didn't lose and had a very obvious reason to stop fighting his father.

Meh.. whatever.

I'm loving the Vinsmokes. A bunch of assholes who aren't afraid of using cheap tricks to get what they want. (villains with a sad story etc started to get boring and being evil just for the sake of it is good once in awhile)
Sanji's year didn't disappoint so far and i'm looking forward to badass screentime and his interesting story.

WTF are you talking about?

Objectively all this chapter did was confirm that Sanji is a decent class fighter but he´s by far not top tier, possibly he´ll never be. His father requires the assistance of Big Mom to rule North Blue an area pre Grand line with a huge army backing him up. Sanji lost to a guy who is this incompetent. Now granted we do not have details on his armies powerlevel or the military strength currently defending North blue. East Blue has been called the weakest out of the blue seas but again no details were given, so everything beyond that is speculation.

The only things we can deduct from the information we received this chapter was Sanji´s past was kinda tragic and him having a compareably soft heart.
His powerlevel however currently is below Doflamingo subordinate level as he miserably lost to Vergo and couldn´t put up a fight against Doffy.
Jul 21, 2016 9:12 AM
Oct 2013
Bjartskular said:

His sister isn´t the slightes better, no matter how many faggots declared her their waifu.
Jul 21, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, so Sanji is and his brothers are quadruplets (or possibly quintuplets if Reiju was also born on the same day as them). I now understand why he has such hatred for his family, they treated him like shit and his father didn't do anything to prevent it. And locking him up in a cell? Father of the year right there, folks. The result of their fight was predictable, but it was cool to briefly see some of Judge's abilities. He's ruthless though, using a wall of his own men and sacrificing one of them without hesitation. And now Sanji is in even more of a pickle with the possibility of his hands getting blown up.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 21, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2013
Isterio said:
Ty-Ki said:

Meh.. whatever.

WTF are you talking about?

Objectively all this chapter did was confirm that Sanji is a decent class fighter but he´s by far not top tier, possibly he´ll never be. His father requires the assistance of Big Mom to rule North Blue an area pre Grand line with a huge army backing him up. Sanji lost to a guy who is this incompetent. Now granted we do not have details on his armies powerlevel or the military strength currently defending North blue. East Blue has been called the weakest out of the blue seas but again no details were given, so everything beyond that is speculation.

The only things we can deduct from the information we received this chapter was Sanji´s past was kinda tragic and him having a compareably soft heart.
His powerlevel however currently is below Doflamingo subordinate level as he miserably lost to Vergo and couldn´t put up a fight against Doffy.

And what has that to do with what i said? What the fuck..
Never did i mention that Sanji is a top tier fighter. What i said is that Sanji isn't as weak as some Zoro faggots trying to make him look like with their hating and that this chapter proved it.

And what if he couldn't put up a fight against Doffy? We are talking about a monster Luffy could beat only because of help, g4 and plot armor. Doffy would have rekt any of the other SH, just like he did with sanji.
Jul 21, 2016 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
An okay chapter. Much of the things were what I expected, minus Sanji being handcuffed and practically treated like a slave like that, but he'll get out of it soon, I'm sure.
Jul 21, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2016
Man... Papa Vinsmoke is brutal. Sanji's life sure has been tragic. First a shitty family, then almost starved and lost his entire friends/crews leaving only his mentor
Jul 21, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
animalia said:
Spider-titan55 said:

Sort of doubt that's going to happen.

Bjartskular said:

Nor is the sister, though.
Jul 21, 2016 9:49 AM
Oct 2011
AmyTwo said:
animalia said:

Sort of doubt that's going to happen.
Keep in mind Sanji threw the fight in this chapter because his Dad was using his own men as shields. Once that advantage is gone I can see him getting his ass handed to him.
Jul 21, 2016 9:52 AM
Oct 2013
Ty-Ki said:

And what has that to do with what i said? What the fuck..
Never did i mention that Sanji is a top tier fighter. What i said is that Sanji isn't as weak as some Zoro faggots trying to make him look like with their hating and that this chapter proved it.

And what if he couldn't put up a fight against Doffy? We are talking about a monster Luffy could beat only because of help, g4 and plot armor. Doffy would have rekt any of the other SH, just like he did with sanji.

Your comment indicates that Sanji´s competence was proven to be objective truth,the same way you´ve complained about the Zorotards, which it is not fact.

Indications for this, for example are but are not limited too, Zorro and Luffy continuing their winning streak post timeskip, while Sanji is the sole member of the Monster Trio who had anything but wins post Fishman Island.
Although Luffy struggled, he won against a guy who couldn´t be beaten by Law. The guy who beat the person responsible for Sanji´s defeat and Zorro onehit a guy with the same rank as the guy who defeated Sanji, argueably a weaker person, but he still managed to remove him from the game with one attack.

It´d be wrong to call him weak as he´ll remains a member of the Monster Trio, but he´s not on the same tier as the other two and there might even be a noticeable difference between Zorro and Luffy, which we have no intel on and cannot argue for or against yet.
Nonetheless given your choice of words you implicate that Sanji isn´t weaker than those two which Oda consistently implied throughout post timeskip and occasionally pre timeskip.
IsterioJul 21, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 21, 2016 9:53 AM

Sep 2015
I can't wait to figure out how this arc will turn out- will it be sanji defeating his father, after all??
But i guess that luffy and sanji will meet up to release sanji from those handcuffs
Jul 21, 2016 10:00 AM
Oct 2013
iam21 said:
I can't wait to figure out how this arc will turn out- will it be sanji defeating his father, after all??

This would be the perfect solution and a fitting change of pace for Oda´s formula, but given Oda´s obligation the only way this will happen is if Luffy faces Big Mom this arc already.

Given Oda´s writing conventions Luffy has always to defeat the enemie´s boss.
Either Big Mom is this arc´s hidden boss and he beats her while Sanji faces his father or Luffy beats Sanji´s father because that´s what he´s good at and Sanji cooks for him since he´s his bitch. We´ll see if Oda let´s the poor guy be finally a man and fight his own battles.
Jul 21, 2016 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
Sanji is knee deep now :o
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

21 by Sun_Chan »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 5 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 19, 2010

32 by vsuc »»
Apr 17, 1:43 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1111 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 19

47 by Zorowork »»
Apr 16, 2:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 768 Discussion

YerinArelius - Nov 19, 2014

47 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 14, 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.