Forum Settings
Forums

Source Field For Editing Anime Information

New
Jul 20, 2016 8:16 PM

Apr 2011
When you use the "Edit Anime Information" feature, there is no place to put in a source for your edits so the mods can better see why you're requesting X edit. Currently only such a thing exists when you try to modify episode information for episodes already in the database, where there's a required field you have to fill out at the bottom explaining why you're editing the titles, synopsis, duration, etc.. I feel this would make editing and making the database much more accurate way more easier, and it'd speed up the approval times.
Jun 18, 2020 6:35 AM

Apr 2011
I may as well bump this 4 year old thread of mine rather than create a new thread. Here's some screenshots to show what I mean. When you try to edit episode information for something already in the database, you have to enter something in the field labeled "Reason".
https://i.imgur.com/Hg1CF9T.png

However, this doesn't exist for other things you can edit, such as Broadcast and Source. I submitted a bunch of stuff recently (broadcast, source, licensors, studios, producers), and it seems it all got denied, but it wouldn't have been if I could have provided sources in a "Reason" box so the mods could see why I put down what I did.

AniDB has a comment for mod system for editing information there, and ANN when adding information to the Encyclopedia requires a source to add anything, though ANN has no system where an admin or mod has to approve the addition before it can be added, though one can always report incorrect information via an error report, and then an encyclopedia editor will deal with it when they see it. Anyway, MAL should add a source/reason box for anything you can edit under "Edit Anime Information" so I don't have to make a post in the change request thread and hope a mod deals with it (I've had a few posts there go completely ignored despite listing sources there too, even stuff as simple as an ANN or official site link missing/needing to be changed).
BigOnAnimeJun 18, 2020 6:39 AM

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
10 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.