Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2016 9:01 AM

Apr 2016
If you started watching the anime and haven't heard of or played to original games, if you've seen the first few episodes, or the whole series:

•Do you think that the original story and characters would be like this?

•Do you understand what the hell is going on?

•Are you confident that if you play the original games, you'll already be able to tell what's going on based on your knowledge of the anime?

•Did you enjoy this series?

As a veteran to the Blazblue series, I'd like to know what newcomers think.
Oct 2, 2018 10:22 PM
Mar 2018
I know this response is about two years late, but if you're still interested in my answers, here they are.

For some background, my first introduction to engaging with the story and BlazBlue universe was Alter Memory. I knew of BlazBlue since I was 14 but never decided to give it a try until now, in fact I have started this anime like 4 or 5 times now and this will be the first time I didn't stop at like episode 4-6. Also, I saw that a lot of the story based games are on Steam, so I did pickup Calamity Trigger 2 days ago; I suck ass, but whatever, I'm interested in the story and characters more than anything.

•Do you think that the original story and characters would be like this?

-I had really no idea what they'd be like. My very first ever introduction to this series came after seeing a picture of the character I will always hold as best girl, in and out of BlazBlue. Some backstory, when I was younger I always found that the female characters I found appealing, ALWAYS turned out to be villains of some sort to the series, when I saw the picture of the aforementioned character and found out she was one of the heroes,she became the first female hero character I ever liked. Best girl is Makoto Nanaya if you were interested.

•Do you understand what the hell is going on?

-A tiny bit, lore wise, character motivation wise, or world building wise. My guess is that in-game these things are all interlaced really well with good development you can't shove into 12 episodes. I'm afraid I'm going to pay close attention to CT, CS Extended, Chronophantasma Extended, and Centralfiction, still not having a damn clue, but I plan on buying all the story based games for myself on PC.

•Are you confident that if you play the original games, you'll already be able to tell what's going on based on your knowledge of the anime?

-I'm sure knowing some things here or there will be useful, instead of learning everything from scratch in the game I have a little bit of background knowledge I can use to expand to devote more time to learning something new.

•Did you enjoy this series?

-I'm guessing you mean the anime only, so far I'm 7 episodes in, and I'm not too hard to please, so yeah, I can say I am enjoying it.
Oct 30, 2020 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
Nah watched 2 episodes dont get wth is going on so I dropped it

More topics from this board

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

68 by Spygecko »»
Aug 11, 2023 6:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2013

39 by Vindicater »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:09 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 13, 2022 7:01 PM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2013

33 by Vindicater »»
Jul 11, 2022 4:46 AM

Poll: » BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

34 by Vindicater »»
Jul 8, 2022 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.