Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2016 1:05 AM

Jan 2014
Do you ever feel like everyone around you is stupid, like that don't understand your brilliance? Maybe they're scared because your "philosophy is dangerous" and totally not something every 15 year old thinks up or may even hate you because you're so beautiful smart?

Jokes aside, this is actually something I've heard numerous times before , mostly from teenagers but sometimes even adults. It always makes me laugh and I personally think this shows how self-centered and how lacking in introspection these people are. So this leads me to my questions:

• Do you or have you ever believed you're "burdened by intelligence"
  • What do you think of people who claim to have this "affliction"?
  • Do you believe this is a normal or even healthy thing for teenagers to experience and grow out of?
  • Have you ever met somebody who hasn't grown out of this phase despite not being a teenager anymore? If so, what did you think of them?
  • What do you think is the cause of this "curse"?
  • Do you believe it is just an excuse to be a pseudo-intellectual elitist and enclose ones self in an echochamber?

Have fun and discuss and shit I guess, I don't really care, tell your mother I'm going out for milk or cigarettes, see you whenever.
A few moments later...
ThrashMattoJul 17, 2016 3:41 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2016 1:08 AM

Jan 2014
People that are insecure about their intelligence are usually pretty smart.

People that are confident about their intelligence, not so much.
Signature is too edgy for me.
Jul 17, 2016 1:21 AM

Nov 2015
Well, this is a sensitive topic as there are cases that support either side and they're all pretty much identical unless you dive a little deeper. For one, if you're a natural misfit and not a forced one, chances are that you're more intelligent than those around you. One may conversely say that others may be more intelligent than you but it has so often been observed that while talent cannot be diminished, it can be raised. If you are surrounded by the truly intelligent, the little bit of talent that you do have will be highlighted. But surrounded by idiots, you can have nothing more than annoyance and a desperation to escape. So an intelligent surrounding will always find a way to assimilate the misfit (who would initially be 'stupid') and hence raise him up to its level.

Then you also have the fact that talent makes itself apparent. Intelligent people are usually bestowed with a keen sensibility; they observe while others see. In the cases I've seen of intelligent people surrounded by idiots, it has been a recurring observation that an intelligent man will predict such-and-such an outcome of a certain event which no one believes but when time comes, his words stand true. Such an observation doesn't specify the talent but it does show that there is 'talent'. And if it is not given proper leverage, it will be wasted.

But when all is said and done, the same observations can be applied to self-proclaimed intelligent people too. So, the only viable solution here is to simply leave the intelligent one on his own and see what he does when he is given complete authority of his time. Everything will make itself apparent then.
TranceJul 17, 2016 3:42 AM
Jul 17, 2016 1:23 AM

Jan 2015
I personally think the "burden of intelligence'', and your opinion on such, is relative to the situation you find yourself in. For example, I know, in the academic notion, I am in the top 15% grade-wise in my 1000-something pupil school. We get awarded if we meet that criteria at an awards night and shit.

It certainly doesn't mean I think I'm smart, in fact I'm pretty sure I'm in the lower-tier of that, it's just that my school doesn't cater that well too academia, it's rather sport oriented. I may think I'm intelligent in the confines of my school, but in the real world, I know I'm no big shot. And, as pathetic and uppity as this sounds, it is kind of a burden. I am constantly called upon for my input and such in class because no one can be bothered to answer a simple question. I mean, I'm in my final year of High-school, and no one in our class bar me and a few others, have bothered to read Frankenstein, our area of study for this term. Our teacher doesn't exactly know that, of course.

Still, people who go out into the real world and loathe how much of a burden it is for them to hold so much mass in their head, as adults? They should probably grow up. I wouldn't exactly call it a healthy thing, but it's probably normal for teens. I went through this stage from about 14-15 where I hated everyone and everything at my school, mostly because of their interests and lives, which I perceived as "fake" at the time. Of course I thought I was smarter than everyone, in every way.

From my experiences, when Pseudo-intelligentsia find each other, they usually live equally fake and empty lives for a while until they grow up.

Oh, and by the way, what cigarettes do you prefer, OP? I've kinda formed a social smoker like habit as of late. I'm sure you weren't being serious, but meh. :3
Status_EffectJul 17, 2016 2:03 AM
Jul 17, 2016 1:24 AM

Apr 2015
I am the smartest loli in the world i am just a pure genius yes i would say it is a curse because i am so smart it makes everyone like me and try to marry me for my money but yes i am very smart
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jul 17, 2016 2:01 AM
Jun 2013
Its one thing to be Intelligent and another to be wise .

A moralist may not be moral himself . A Logician may not be logical in his approach . Lack of Knowledge keeps us insecure . That's why Whites freak at the sight of a Brown guy or a Sikh .
Jul 17, 2016 2:22 AM
Jul 2018
People who have this "affliction" are most likely burdened by their own ignorance and because of this don't understand anyone else. Instead of no one understanding them. Because its not all about me me me me me me me me me me me

And yeah I think most people who have this, will most likely grow out of it when they grow up. Most.
removed-userJul 17, 2016 3:38 AM
Jul 17, 2016 3:15 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, there was a picture going on that represents this. Five people have the same thought bubble that goes: "I am the only one that sees everything for how it really is. Everyone around me are sheep."
Jul 17, 2016 3:16 AM

Oct 2015
OP clearly isn't cursed with intelligence to ask those questions :V :V Jk.

Trance said:
Well, this is a sensitive topic as there are cases that support either side and they're all pretty much identical unless you dive a little deeper. For one, if you're a natural misfit and not a forced one, chances are that you're more intelligent than those around you. One may conversely say that others may be more intelligent than you but it has so often been observed that while talent cannot be diminished, it can be raised. If you are surrounded by truly intelligent, the little bit of talent that you do have will be highlighted. But surrounded by idiots, you can have nothing more than annoyance and a desperation to escape. So an intelligent surrounding will always find a way to assimilate the misfit (which would initially be 'stupid') and hence raise him up to its level.

Then you also have the fact that talent makes itself apparent. Intelligent people are usually bestowed with a keen sensibility; they observe while others see. In the cases I've seen of intelligent people surrounded by idiots, it has been a recurring observation that an intelligent man will predict such-and-such an outcome of a certain event which no one believes but when time comes, his words stand true. Such an observation doesn't specify the talent but it does show that there is 'talent'. And if it is not given proper leverage, it will be wasted.

But when all is said and done, the same observations can be applied to self-proclaimed intelligent people too. So, the only viable solution here is to simply leave the intelligent one on his own and see what he does when he is given complete authority of his time. Everything will make itself apparent then.

Aren't intelligent people also supposed to be able to adapt to everything? With such sign, it may be contradictory for one to not be able to somehow fit in.

ashishkaull said:

How do you define both terms?
Jul 17, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
Nyarlathothep said:

ashishkaull said:

In a very basic sense, I would define an intelligent person as one of factual and literary depth, whereas a wise person has an enlightened world-view and approach.
Status_EffectJul 17, 2016 3:33 AM
Jul 17, 2016 3:27 AM

Nov 2015
@Nyarlathothep

The adaptation comes in a form of acquiescence, not as assimilation or conformation. If an intelligent man finds no way out, he knows how to resign himself. Which makes it possible for him to live, but not possible for him to be satisfied.

As for Wisdom and Intelligence, many people have different views of what wisdom is. Mine is: A wise man has lived the lives of many in only one life of his own. An intelligent man is simply someone with remarkable intellectual rigor. A wise man, on the other hand, is an intelligent man who deploys his intelligence to experience one thing from all the possible angles. Which is precisely why often when talking to a wise person, you feel as if he has lived your life before you've lived it.
Jul 17, 2016 3:34 AM

Jan 2009
its normal part of human nature, psychology calls it as one of the positive illusions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
Jul 17, 2016 4:04 AM
Oct 2013
Kmolson said:

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know."

― Aristotle

adaptable to the intelligence as well.
Jul 17, 2016 4:29 AM

Jun 2015
Oh, I know nobody would understand if I talk about Geology, apart from my peers.

Aside from that, I hold no illusion of thinking that I'm superior to anybody(though I still get pleasantly surprised when people do not understand stuff that I expect to be common knowledge).
Jul 17, 2016 4:48 AM
Oct 2013
Status_Effect said:
I personally think the "burden of intelligence'', and your opinion on such, is relative to the situation you find yourself in. For example, I know, in the academic notion, I am in the top 15% grade-wise in my 1000-something pupil school. We get awarded if we meet that criteria at an awards night and shit.

It certainly doesn't mean I think I'm smart, in fact I'm pretty sure I'm in the lower-tier of that, it's just that my school doesn't cater that well too academia, it's rather sport oriented. I may think I'm intelligent in the confines of my school, but in the real world, I know I'm no big shot. And, as pathetic and uppity as this sounds, it is kind of a burden. I am constantly called upon for my input and such in class because no one can be bothered to answer a simple question. I mean, I'm in my final year of High-school, and no one in our class bar me and a few others, have bothered to read Frankenstein, our area of study for this term. Our teacher doesn't exactly know that, of course.

Still, people who go out into the real world and loathe how much of a burden it is for them to hold so much mass in their head, as adults? They should probably grow up. I wouldn't exactly call it a healthy thing, but it's probably normal for teens. I went through this stage from about 14-15 where I hated everyone and everything at my school, mostly because of their interests and lives, which I perceived as "fake" at the time. Of course I thought I was smarter than everyone, in every way.

From my experiences, when Pseudo-intelligentsia find each other, they usually live equally fake and empty lives for a while until they grow up.

Oh, and by the way, what cigarettes do you prefer, OP? I've kinda formed a social smoker like habit as of late. I'm sure you weren't being serious, but meh. :3

Agreed. I was in the top 20% in the college of a top 3 U.S. public university. Most of my schoolmates was <5% in the public high schools with 4.3+/4 GPA. Most of the college-level classes were easy for me, but plenty of my schoolmates think pretty hard. However, I still felt myself stupid compared with people who do PHDs. If you want to apply for a PHD, you need to take a lot of advance courses each is 10 times harder than a college-level course, and a lot of extra works. Their materials are like written by foreign language for me. As well as those google programmers, I feel like I am an under-developed ape among those people.
ys19931006Jul 17, 2016 4:56 AM
Jul 17, 2016 6:10 AM

Mar 2008
Intelligence is not really a burden except feeling alone not able to interact with many other on the level one may crave. What can be a burden is being aware of something bad in the world and knowing nothing is being done about it and no one listens when you try to let it be known. You don't have to be intelligent to be aware. Most that claim they are intelligent and burdened by it are not actually intelligent but just people with bloated egos.
Jul 17, 2016 6:13 AM
Jun 2013
Nyarlathothep said:
OP clearly isn't cursed with intelligence to ask those questions :V :V Jk.

Trance said:
Well, this is a sensitive topic as there are cases that support either side and they're all pretty much identical unless you dive a little deeper. For one, if you're a natural misfit and not a forced one, chances are that you're more intelligent than those around you. One may conversely say that others may be more intelligent than you but it has so often been observed that while talent cannot be diminished, it can be raised. If you are surrounded by truly intelligent, the little bit of talent that you do have will be highlighted. But surrounded by idiots, you can have nothing more than annoyance and a desperation to escape. So an intelligent surrounding will always find a way to assimilate the misfit (which would initially be 'stupid') and hence raise him up to its level.

Aren't intelligent people also supposed to be able to adapt to everything? With such sign, it may be contradictory for one to not be able to somehow fit in.

ashishkaull said:

Definition = Connotation of the term .

The guy is intelligent . He scores 100 marks in physics and is an expert in Physics . But the guy doesn't know how to handle daily affairs like Managing people , can't differentiate between good and bad etc . I know its vague but I can't explain it to properly in a language that is my 3rd language .
Jul 17, 2016 7:11 AM

Sep 2015
I find it's a much bigger curse to be both stupid and unpopular. The people I know who would fit into this category seriously think they have no future and feel like they're the least important in a group of friends. Then again, even the smart and popular will feel like shit occasionally. But yeah, the people who think that "no one understands them" are probably edgy teens, you were probably one once, face it
Jul 17, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2016
Intelligence is a curse?
I would say that "intelligent" person is simply in the wrong room.
Jul 17, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
there's a famous quote, which says,
"the more you know, the more you understand how much you don't know,
and the less you know, the more you think you know, even though you really don't".
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 17, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2015
Half of you are confusing knowledge with intelligence.

Guess MAL isn't so intelligent after all.
Jul 17, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
Smart-shaming is a thing here, because the dense hoi-polloi rather ridicule the intelligent using blatant insults than to accept their inferiority.

Being intelligent is good, of course. We all wanted to get better, but we must consider the ethics behind intelligence.

Intelligence doesn't promote discrimination. It also doesn't promote elitism. Being intelligent doesn't mean that you are a better person.
Jul 17, 2016 8:35 AM
Oct 2015
Trance said:

MAL and intelligent are two words that can't go together. XD
Jul 17, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
When it comes to intelligence, it would be how you would define who is smart. Since some of us are actually very sports smart, but not math smart. Some of us need more time to digest information, while others are quicker to learn. Some of us need to study while others don't.

My thoughts on intelligence would be that everyone of us are capable of being "intelligent", however there are a lot of factors that prevent that from happening. Some of us just don't have time to focus on studying as some of us would rather "have fun and party" , never received proper education as coming from a small school that didn't offer much, never went to school, and etc...

Many people are jealous that theres this kid who is always getting perfect scores without studying, but it's generally because of some overt way they express it while other's being covert generally aren't looked down upon by others. Society used to look down on "nerds" but as times changed, I think society is being more accepting to "intelligent" people. That's not saying every nerd is intelligent, but generally are classified as nerds by society.
Jul 17, 2016 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
Most people who seriously laments that they are burdened by intelligence turns out being pretty stupid, in my experience. Smart people in general undervalue themselves because they are always looking up. People who look down stop growing.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jul 17, 2016 1:59 PM

May 2015
lol @ "DAMN ANGSTY TEENAGERS". Isn't it nice you have automatic dismissals ready? Sorry but that doesn't sound tough, just tired.

But the 'curse of intelligence' doesn't mean someone specific is cursed with intelligence. It means we humans, all of us, are cursed with it. We're probably the only species that comprehend the facts it won't just die, but we'll become extinct. We can imagine the world ending, existing not actually happening and so forth. Intelligence also means access to incredibly depressing thoughts or ideas.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 17, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
Trance said:

I think intellgence really depends on how good your common sense is.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Jul 17, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2016
I generally don't feel that I'm smarter then anyone else, I just like to expand my intellect as a pass time.
Jul 17, 2016 3:08 PM
Dec 2014
ThrashMatto said:
[*]Do you believe it is just an excuse to be a pseudo-intellectual elitist and enclose ones self in an echochamber?

I am going to go with that one, especially if it's an anonymous person online without any verifiable feat.

There are some really exceptionally intelligent people out there. Some of them are exceptionally in certain domains, and perhaps lack the empathy to understand why other people struggle to reach their level. However, exceptionally intelligent people are exceptionally rare. And amongst those, the ones who also lack empathy are even more rare.

Besides, though they have no obligations to do so, it would be nice if they used their intellect in more productive manner than complains. There are worse "burdens" to carry.
Jul 17, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2014
Kmolson said:

I don't really think its that clear cut but people who are arrogant and stupid will definitely fall under that category and those who are self loathing savants will fall under the other.

The truth is its hard to judge how intelligent a person is because their actions could show only certain aspects. Even those who claim they are too intelligent for others probably just haven't met other intelligent people or suffer from a great insecurity with themselves.
I've been here way too long...
Jul 17, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
lol @ "DAMN ANGSTY TEENAGERS". Isn't it nice you have automatic dismissals ready? Sorry but that doesn't sound tough, just tired.

But the 'curse of intelligence' doesn't mean someone specific is cursed with intelligence. It means we humans, all of us, are cursed with it. We're probably the only species that comprehend the facts it won't just die, but we'll become extinct. We can imagine the world ending, existing not actually happening and so forth. Intelligence also means access to incredibly depressing thoughts or ideas.
I think you're reading too much into things, maybe you're "cursed with intelligence"? You seemed to have automatically dismissed my post, maybe try practicing what you preach.
ThrashMattoJul 17, 2016 5:12 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 17, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
If you ain't got a career making at least 100k a year, then bruh, sorry to say, but you ain't that intelligent.
Jul 17, 2016 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Funny you bring up a question about intelligence on MAL.
You really think any intelligent and sane person would be on MAL, and even worse, casual discussion?
Jul 17, 2016 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
This thread is going to bring forth all the pseudointellectuals lmao

At this point in time I could care less what people gauge my intelligence to be.
Jul 17, 2016 5:04 PM
Feb 2014
Forget intelligence, it's life itself that matters more to me.
Jul 17, 2016 5:25 PM

Mar 2014
I feel burdened by being surrounded by idiots when I'm at at work, but not when I'm with my friends or family. It all depends on environment, if you're a very introspective person surrounded by people with no thoughts that extent beyond their own self interest it can be hell. On average the more intelligent people I know are also the least happy, but there's factors like lifestyle and the people you surround yourself with, and you also have to consider that I'm the one evaluating these people's intelligence, so it's hardly concrete data. My grand father is one of the most intelligent people I've ever met, and is very happy, he lives a healthy life, works out, made very good money with the business he created and lived according to the traditional conservative values that people seem to be lacking more and more nowadays. One of my very good friends is a bit of an elitist, but also very smart. He's pretty miserable a lot of the time, uses a lot of drugs, drinks, fucks strangers if they're hot. I asked him once how he thought his life would be different if he never started smoking weed, he said he'd probably be lot happier. This applies to a lot of people I know.

So many people work all week, save up blow it on booze, weed, and clubbing with no net gain at the end of the weekend. I don't care how smart you are, that's not a healthy lifestyle. If you hang out with these people you might feel like a swan among ducklings, like your intelligence puts you above them even if you're just as mindlessly self-indulgent. This isn't being burdened by intelligence, it's being burdened by ego.

Intelligence is hard to quantify. IQ does mean something, but it isn't absolute, people are better in different areas. Those who practice philosophy (and by that I mean people who take classes and seek degrees in the subject, not people who argue on the internet) are on average less happy than those who don't. There is a negative relation between the time level of education in the subject (measured in three levels, bachelors, masters, and Ph.D) and happiness. However, on average, people who practice the subject also value happiness less than those who don't. I also have a freind who says he doesn't care about being happy, he only cares about creating art and has released an album and written dozens more songs and is currently making art films.

So there's all types of intelligent people with very different reasons for being unhappy. They may egotistical, introspective, feel like they can't connect with other people, or simply value other things more, but you can't put them under one blanket.
merryfistmasJul 17, 2016 5:35 PM
Jul 18, 2016 12:01 AM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I think you're reading too much into things, maybe you're "cursed with intelligence"? You seemed to have automatically dismissed my post, maybe try practicing what you preach.

You criticize me for dismissals despite not responding to anything I wrote? Odd
Jul 18, 2016 12:06 AM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

Because this isn't a topic to be micromanaged and/or overanalyzed. It's just simply mentioning that intelligence can have its practical flaws to it and it's not necessarily just a wholesome virtue like many are inclined to believe it so.

Barney Style explanation but oh well, healthy intelligence comes from within. Most of the time its through silence.
Jul 18, 2016 12:11 AM

Jul 2013
Truly intelligent people understand that they are far from intelligent. So if you feel this burden, you can let it go almost immediately.
Jul 18, 2016 12:12 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

You started with a dismissal fuck nut, you gave me free license to not respond to anything you wrote. Is somebody having a bad day? Does somebody need a wittle hug?
ThrashMattoJul 18, 2016 12:16 AM
I love Christine

Jul 18, 2016 1:02 AM

Jul 2016
If it seems like I'm metaphorically stroking my dong, I half am, but the other half is facts.
I'm trapped in a shitty city where all my friends are becoming drug addicts, teen pregnancy was at an all time high, and all my friends are just committing crimes (whether it be theft or jumping people, etc).
It's gotten to the point where I still love them because I grew up with all these people and they were my friends, but they're living the rest of their life in this sad-ass town. I'm going to college and hopefully to law school so I eventually do not have to be surrounded by people like the ones I grew up.
(This is about to be where I stroke myself)
People are just dirty animals like every other species on Earth. Some are smart, others are not. That's just natural selection.
Jul 18, 2016 1:36 AM

Feb 2015
I think the main curse of intelligence is existential awareness. After all, what's more depressing than the realisation that nothing you do will ever matter? ^~^"

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Jul 18, 2016 1:44 AM

Feb 2016
Not really burdened by Intelligance as I wouldnt consider myself a knowledgable person.

It does get damn frustrating when I meet the occasional brick wall kinda guy that simply just filters everything they hear and puts words in my mouth and just refuses to accept a different perspective or POV.

But people are like that and sometimes I do that myself aswell.

So I cant really judge on that.
Jul 18, 2016 2:09 AM
Jan 2016
bigots speak louder because they dont care about repercussions
the intelligent stay quiet because the bigots will undermine real brain power
Jul 18, 2016 2:34 AM

Jun 2015
It's mostly a form of superiority complex to conceal feelings of inferiority in my opinion. Or some people may genuinely believe that they are "better" than others. There may be the occasional intellectually gifted individual who feels this way when surrounded by idiots, but almost all intelligent people feel inferior when they know that out there, there is someone more intelligent then them. Intelligent people know that they are not the creme de la creme of human intelligence, and that fact subtly gnaws at them. They also know how foolish it is to think excessively highly of oneself when there are many more who are much more intelligent.
Jul 18, 2016 2:55 AM

Mar 2014
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

You started with a dismissal fuck nut, you gave me free license to not respond to anything you wrote. Is somebody having a bad day? Does somebody need a wittle hug?
You do the exact same thing in his threads. Both of you a need to get over your grade school drama.
Jul 18, 2016 4:56 AM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I laid down what I meant by 'curse of intelligence'. Why can't you respond to that?
Jul 18, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2015
merryfistmas said:
You do the exact same thing in his threads. Both of you a need to get over your grade school drama.

Please, that's why I came here. Don't break the mood.
Jul 18, 2016 6:28 AM

Feb 2016
I've always held that if you're not smart enough to dumb yourself down, you were never really all that smart to begin with.
Jul 18, 2016 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
You seem to have described egotism. Everyone is vulnerable to it. I suppose recognizing egotism for what it is an example of intelligent thought but this is more an example of emotional intelligence. But, given the positive relationship between emotional intelligence and general intelligence I suppose people will, as you say, "grow out of" this state as they improve they grow intellectually.

I grew out of it and now I'm the most intelligent person I know but no one seems to understand my brilliance.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 6 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

17 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago

» Is English your native language? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

52 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
1 hour ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

24 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» I'm currently on a keto diet.

scarydragon - 7 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.