Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2015
This is one of the most praised arcs of JoJo's (probably second behind 7). I'm just wondering why? I haven't read the manga but I'm up to date on the anime. I don't hate it per se but I find it slightly less interesting than Stardust Crusaders and Battle Tendency. So what makes it so great?
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Jul 16, 2016 7:12 PM
Mar 2014
It is subjective but i think it is because of the fact that it takes a different direction is why people like it. While most of Jojo's is chasing after Dio's new reincarnation this part doesn't involve dio and mostly takes place in one town.
Jul 16, 2016 7:19 PM

Jul 2011
You'll find out in a few weeks.
Jul 16, 2016 8:22 PM

Dec 2013
it was a nice change of pace from the previous 3, this part is the "slice of life" of jojo. half the time it's just these guys goofing around in this small city. the enemies were not as deadly as the previous parts, and the main characters are also much more interesting compared to part 3(except polnaref and oldseph ofc)

but mainly people love it because the main villain(you know the "severed hand" guy. he literally will make a cameo in the next eps)
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Jul 19, 2016 7:25 AM

May 2013
Best main villain ever, and that's pretty much it.
Jul 19, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
Contrary to a common opinion, I don't think part 4 is great because of it's main antagonist. He is better than previous Jojo villains but that doesn't say much.

This part is the best for me, because of the characters and their interactions. I just find Josuke, Okyuasu and their interactions with the cast to be one of the most charming, funny and interesting elements in all of Jojo parts. The way part 4 is structured makes it change one of it's most glaring flaws that are padding and motw format to it's advantage. With it's slice of life feel, and the story being inside one town. Unlike Stardust Crusaders it doesn't feel like the story is padded to oblivion with one note villains every other week, just to stall the very simplistic plotline of defeating Dio. In part 4, there is no major end goal, even the main antagonist only becomes relevant halfway into it. Part 4 just really lives up to it's name, of bizarre adventures and encounters.

Just having Josuke and Okyuasu chilling, just goofing around is so much more enjoyable than the majority of part 3 fights. Speaking of which the fights are also significantly better, that's probably due to the author having a better grip on the concept of Stands, where it's not as simplistic as part 3. More smart tactics in fights, and more unique stand power, and stand forms and ideas.

You might appreciate the later half with the main antagonist but I think the main appeal of the part is just not your cup of tea.
Jul 19, 2016 8:48 AM

Jul 2014
tsudecimo said:
Contrary to a common opinion, I don't think part 4 is great because of it's main antagonist. He is better than previous Jojo villains but that doesn't say much.

This part is the best for me, because of the characters and their interactions. I just find Josuke, Okyuasu and their interactions with the cast to be one of the most charming, funny and interesting elements in all of Jojo parts. The way part 4 is structured makes it change one of it's most glaring flaws that are padding and motw format to it's advantage. With it's slice of life feel, and the story being inside one town. Unlike Stardust Crusaders it doesn't feel like the story is padded to oblivion with one note villains every other week, just to stall the very simplistic plotline of defeating Dio. In part 4, there is no major end goal, even the main antagonist only becomes relevant halfway into it. Part 4 just really lives up to it's name, of bizarre adventures and encounters.

Just having Josuke and Okyuasu chilling, just goofing around is so much more enjoyable than the majority of part 3 fights. Speaking of which the fights are also significantly better, that's probably due to the author having a better grip on the concept of Stands, where it's not as simplistic as part 3. More smart tactics in fights, and more unique stand power, and stand forms and ideas.

You might appreciate the later half with the main antagonist but I think the main appeal of the part is just not your cup of tea.

I'd agree with this which makes Diamond so far a lot more enjoyable that Stardust Crusaders was for me. I'd still take Battle Tendency over it easily though. That was peak Jojo for me but it's pretty much a different show now and I like the direction this part took after SC.
Jul 21, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
It's Twin Peaks x Seinfield.
Excellent character interactions, dodgy things happening in a town. Everything occurs in this particular town.

The main antagonist is also the best written antagonist from Part 1- IV.
Jul 22, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
dayum anime-only people, would you chill... the story has only just begun, from ep 17 onwards it will show what it came for. then if you still don't like it after this point, well, there are other parts, it's not an obligation to have DiU as a favorite. but, chill now anyways.

TheMaster100 said:

The best antagonist stand might be from part IV, KQ kicks serious ass. but imho the best written antag goes to part VI because of his past and development.
Jul 22, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
neko_cola said:
dayum anime-only people, would you chill... the story has only just begun, from ep 17 onwards it will show what it came for. then if you still don't like it after this point, well, there are other parts, it's not an obligation to have DiU as a favorite. but, chill now anyways.

TheMaster100 said:

The best antagonist stand might be from part IV, KQ kicks serious ass. but imho the best written antag goes to part VI because of his past and development.

Pucci is excellent, don't get me wrong, he, Jolyne and
are the best characters from SO. Diavolo sucks P
Jul 22, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2009
Diavolo is a much better villain than Pucci
Jul 22, 2016 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Pupu-Hotpot said:

Bait.

But while I like Kira a lot, he's not the only reason 4 is one of my favorites. The crew is charming, the interactios are neat and some chapters made me laugh out loud while others make me shiver worried about the cast.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jul 22, 2016 7:29 PM

Apr 2016
I think its a nice change of pace between Parts 3 and 5, which are about traveling to get to a certain point to find out about the main antagonist so they can beat the shit out of them, whereas Part 4 is a little more easygoing. Out of the first 6 parts, I think its the funniest, and it has my favorite characters.
Jul 22, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2015
Pupu-Hotpot said:

Diavolo doesn't have much character development, like his motives... "muh identity"...tbh he is the worst out of Pucci and Kira (and I love part 5). idk, why do you think he's better?
neko_colaJul 22, 2016 8:56 PM
Jul 22, 2016 9:16 PM

Sep 2013
Recently found out that the "completed" Part V English translation that's currently out seems to be a mess here and there with the page-order for some chapters...on top of the basic, Sonic Adventure(DX) level of engaging dialogue. A tad atrocious, I'd say...don't you think?

Even though I've barely started on it - for this, I feel that Part V is unjustly hated upon if peeps are basing this poor man's scanlation as their golden Vento Aureo experience.
ShigyCJul 22, 2016 9:19 PM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Jul 23, 2016 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
neko_cola said:
Pupu-Hotpot said:

Diavolo doesn't have much character development, like his motives... "muh identity"...tbh he is the worst out of Pucci and Kira (and I love part 5). idk, why do you think he's better?

i don't know about him but i thought Diavolo is definitely the most scariest villain cause hes the most human
if someone with a mental illness discovered they could erase time i'm pretty sure they'd think they would be above everyone else and to be chosen by fate to rule the world
basically hes not the best written personally but he fits his story and world the best

nzanimemanga has a great video on diavolo its does a way better job of explaining it
Jul 23, 2016 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
StefanHere said:
neko_cola said:

i don't know about him but i thought Diavolo is definitely the most scariest villain cause hes the most human
if someone with a mental illness discovered they could erase time i'm pretty sure they'd think they would be above everyone else and to be chosen by fate to rule the world
basically hes not the best written personally but he fits his story and world the best

nzanimemanga has a great video on diavolo its does a way better job of explaining it

oh it's not that I hate Diavolo. he's indeed not well written (like with Pucci, all those chapters... Kira, his father... etc. Diavolo never had this "introduction" and we had a little story about his past... still not much), but the "most human" part is arguable specially because he is always hiding. ironically he is one of the most important characters
lol. his stand though is terrifying, one of the strongest. the scenes when time skips are scary. i'll take a look on the video.
neko_colaJul 23, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 27, 2016 7:27 AM
Jul 2016
AsL said:
ShigyC said:
Recently found out that the "completed" Part V English translation that's currently out seems to be a mess here and there with the page-order for some chapters...on top of the basic, Sonic Adventure(DX) level of engaging dialogue. A tad atrocious, I'd say...don't you think?

Even though I've barely started on it - for this, I feel that Part V is unjustly hated upon if peeps are basing this poor man's scanlation as their golden Vento Aureo experience.

That's the reason.
VA is the second most popular part in japan and is loved in other countries.
The shitty scans/translations ruin a lot of the characters dialogue (Especially Giorno) and make the stands very confusing (See king crimson,white album and GER) and that is a shame because it have the best crew and fights in the series.

I completely agree with you two. Vento Aureo is one of my favorite JoJo parts, and it has my favorite JoJo crew. I think a lot of manga readers are gonna change their opinion about this part when (if) it gets an anime adaptation.
Jul 29, 2016 2:43 PM
Jun 2014
Personally for me part 4 is one of the worst ones. Not sure why everyone thinks it's the best.
Jul 29, 2016 3:39 PM

Jan 2015
DeusExMavro said:
I haven't read the manga

There's your answer
Jul 29, 2016 4:06 PM

Mar 2016
DeusExMavro said:
This is one of the most praised arcs of JoJo's (probably second behind 7). I'm just wondering why? I haven't read the manga but I'm up to date on the anime. I don't hate it per se but I find it slightly less interesting than Stardust Crusaders and Battle Tendency. So what makes it so great?

It's not my favorite arc but these last few episodes I've been able to tell the momentum is about to pick up. I'm really excited to see what happens and with each episode I learn something new about all these characters I love so much. I like DIU because there's really no character so far I absolutely hate (unlike DIO in the other arcs...).

Hey, and don't listen to those people blasting you for not reading the manga yet. I haven't read it yet either but that's what makes the anime so exciting for me. It's wonderful being surprised every episode and not knowing what's going to happen next.

Take your time bro. I think this season will grow on you. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2016 7:03 PM

Oct 2014
Comparing to the first 3 parts, I like it better because by focusing on a single setting, it gets fleshed out and feels like a real place. The lack of urgent business lets us get to know the characters for who they are.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 30, 2016 7:24 AM
Dec 2014
AsL said:
How can you like early part 3 more than early part 4?
part 3 has more epic posing, melodrama. whereas this is more light hearted slice of life where josuke will always save the day without anyone dying
Jul 31, 2016 1:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Must admit that I prefer earlier iterations of Jojo. The sights, the travels and sheer cosmopolitanism of it all really added to my overall experience. Not to mention the banter there was in Stardust Crusaders between the likes of straight faced Jotaro and doofy Joseph and Polnareff.

Looking forward to this new villain though. It seems he will be something special.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2016 9:42 PM
May 2015
This adaptation, how do I say this......

Seriously, how could you dislike the beautiful Duwang.
Aug 1, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 2009
ShigyC said:

To me part 5 was a big wasted potential

kronos7Aug 1, 2016 5:45 AM
Aug 15, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
I still love Jojo 2012 the most of anime, prefer Force users vs Vampires than Stands. Stands remind me of pokemon like animes...

Manga readers are there any more arcs that aren't Stands battle focused?
Aug 15, 2016 5:16 PM

Mar 2012
lakisa said:

Nope. Part 7 has a new power, but Stands are still there as the main one.
Aug 15, 2016 7:13 PM

Dec 2013
lakisa said:
I still love Jojo 2012 the most of anime, prefer Force users vs Vampires than Stands. Stands remind me of pokemon like animes...

Part 7, there's still a bit though but they're all awesome
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Aug 16, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2013
lakisa said:
Stands remind me of pokemon like animes...
Stands were a thing 7 whole years before Pokemon even was
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Aug 16, 2016 7:01 PM

Feb 2013
lakisa said:

No. Arc 7 seems like it would for the first few volumes but that's it. Even then, it doesn't go back to the way things were in the 1st 2 arcs. Not even close.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.