MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works »» Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

239 52.53%
4 out of 5: Liked it

99 21.76%
3 out of 5: It was OK

66 14.51%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

30 6.59%
1 out of 5: Hated it

21 4.62%
Voters: 455

06-18-10, 5:57 AM

Haven't seen anything on the net about the movie just yet.. Then again, I didn't look to hard.. I "just" finished marathoning the series last night at work and it was pretty damn depressing.. I wanted more Saber x Shirou scenes. D':

I can wait for the movie. The show was that good in my opinion.

09-30-10, 6:45 AM

omfg. Gilgamesh pulled out Illa's heart....
WTF!!!

But wow. the battles were so epic. Emia is unbelievable strong!
Unlimited Blade Works! ftw

Something I couldn't understand was why Archer is still alive at the end~ I thought he was killed by Gilgamesh...
Modified by Kanade-chan, 09-30-10, 8:31 AM

09-30-10, 9:19 AM

They skipped a lot as well as messed up certain scenes and this would probably be pretty much unwatchable to anyone who hasn't played the VN or at least watched the anime but I had no trouble following it even without subtitles and it was a satisfying treat for fans so I'm going with a 9/10 despite all of the flaws.

09-30-10, 9:36 AM

Skipped to fast.
Without Fate Stay Night Reproduction (or 24 episodes from FSN) u won't understand at all. If u played the VN you can understand the most.
Animation= Top +
Sound= Top +
I give 10/10 because they did their best with 90 minutes. If they had more then 90 minutes then it would be perfect.
Epic fights etc >.<

09-30-10, 11:04 AM

it was just bad
good animation but the whole story is ruined, things happen too fast, moreover deen totally ruins "king of heroes do you have enough swords" phrase ( and other things of course ).
the dolphin cg, lolwut?

a big disappointment, even if i didnt expect more from Deen
I dont even know if it's enjoyable for those who havent read the novel ( let alone that if you havent watched the reproduction or the series, as Zarock said, you wont understand at all )

09-30-10, 11:25 AM

Fast passed movie was fast passed.
But well, like someone on /a/ said, it was just pure eye candy for the fans of this route (myself included).
8/10 because even though they kinda ruined Shirou's UBW part (I liked more the japanese chant; and the "king of heroes do you have enough swords?" was just too rushed), Archer final scene was awesome like in the VN.
Modified by Feka, 09-30-10, 5:34 PM

09-30-10, 1:45 PM

Good considering the timeframe, though having read the VN is almost required to keep up. A 9/10 from me. Epic but too short.

09-30-10, 3:44 PM

So the raws are out and I jumped ahead and watched it. And I must say it could have been worse, much worse. I read a lot of bad critics for it before, but for me it was still a very good experience.

The visuals and fights scenes were very good. Definitely top notch in the eye candy department, and even if some wish certain scenes ( especially Shiro vs Archer ) would have been longer I think it was appropriate considering the time they had.

The soundtrack and dialogue were good, but could have been better. And the story was very compressed, certain scenes, especially in the beginning just wouldn't make sense to a first time viewer that hasn't at least watched the TV series. Also some good quotes failed to make it to the movie, like the infamous "I have no regrets, this is the only path". This is very regrettable, but still in the tolerable range. Same for the missing scenes, for me as a Ilya fanboy the lack of the Ilya flashback was too bad... seriously would it have killed them to make the movie 30 minutes longer? I sometime just don't get those guys in charge...

But I won't complain and take what I get. And even if I critiszed some things I still liked it and had a very good time. 8/10 for me.

09-30-10, 5:42 PM

That was a pretty fucking epic movie I must say. Even if I miss like.. many things from the vn, its was really nice done for a 1h 45min adaption. But as other people are saying without Fate stay night tv adaption or the vn its prbly pain in the ass to understand all. I even though the tv version was confusing to understand everythinguntil I read the vn. And ofc wtf with the speach and cg dolphin. Now its just time wait on the subs and a blueray version. ^^
P.S. Read the visual novel, you wont regret it. :)
Modified by Mear89, 09-30-10, 5:49 PM

10-01-10, 6:13 AM

Awesome quality animation, but other than that everything was just slightly above average to meh. To be expected I guess since it was only 1h 45mins, but they removed some quality shiro x rin time =( And some key points of the plot were omitted too. At least they should have kept the part where Shirou used his command spell to stop saber from attacking archer, which is where the plot branches off from the first route.

Wow but srsly I do hope they do not butcher Heaven's Feel like this. HF's storyline is a lot more complex than Fate or UBW and if they try to shorten it to a movie of this length... well let's just say it's not gonna be good
Modified by halberdiers, 10-01-10, 6:23 AM

10-01-10, 7:13 AM

105 minutes is to short for exhibiting every single corner of the story, thus it's not likely to make viewers to reach to the extent the TV series could offer.
Modified by xsd121, 10-01-10, 7:16 AM

10-01-10, 12:31 PM

Animation and sounds were top notch but the story was kinda rushed, mostly the first part. They skipped out on a lot of things, the most important one being on the third day when Saber appeared. Shirou should have used a command spell there to stop Saber from attacking Archer. That was the branching point of Fate and UBW. They also skipped the date D:

But when Archer killed Caster, things picked up. The fight scenes were so awesome. Archer vs Shirou was done excellently. I applaud them for using the same soundtrack as in the VN in that fight. The amount of blood here is surprising, especially when Gilgamesh ripped out Ilya's heart. Shirou vs Gilgamesh was kinda different but it was still awesome. And Rin's zettai ryouiki flashed every second was so much WIN!! CG dolphin was pretty meh but at least we saw Rin undress her top half so it's good.

I enjoyed this movie even though things were really rushed. If it was longer it could be even better but this was still a great movie. 10/10 for me

Heaven's Feel adaptation where?

10-01-10, 12:59 PM

This was horrible... I did like though that it wasn't as boring as the TV anime.

10-01-10, 3:59 PM

I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Sure, the pacing was fast, there wasn't very much of the original character development, and you'd have to have played/read the visual novel to really have a complete grasp of what was happening... but I still greatly enjoyed it as an addition to a franchise that I love.

10-01-10, 9:11 PM

A question to those who have seen it:

How did Lancer fare in the movie? Was he as awesome as he was in the VN? If not, I will be disappointed.

10-01-10, 11:26 PM

kenzikan said:
A question to those who have seen it:

How did Lancer fare in the movie? Was he as awesome as he was in the VN? If not, I will be disappointed.

There were a few parts which pissed me off when the movie tried to make Archer more bad ass than Lancer, but still Lancer was awesome in the movie. The scenes with Lancer are relatively the same, but the thrown gae bolg is a lot weaker.

10-02-10, 12:02 AM

Watched it and was AWEsome!

10-02-10, 3:48 AM

It was really interesting. xD

10-02-10, 8:45 AM

FAIL , vn is much better than anime,damn they didnt even add ending.I'm so mad now Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen Damn deen

10-02-10, 2:03 PM

Great stuff, but the fights are what made it worthwhile. Don't watch it if you care about other stuff.

Pages (26) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices