3It was OK
16.3%
2Disliked it
7.7%
1Hated it
5.6%
Average 4.0
571 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2010 2:47 AM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Managed to watch the first showing in Ikebukuro. It was pretty good. I really didn`t know much about UBW other than it being more focused on the whole Shiro and Archer story. But until the last quarter or so of the movie it was pretty much going back and forth between awesome fighting scenes and somewhat boring expositions.

I must say though, this was a lot more graphic than I expected it to be. I mean, that one scene where Gilgamesh just ripped Illya`s heart out, I was like holy shit.

and of course Archer was so fucking GAR. Such an awesome character.

Overall, like I said before, pretty good movie. Defintely liked this story more than the Fate story. But then again, I am in the Rin > Saber camp ;P
Jan 23, 2010 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
lol, spoilers everywhere.

By the way, can you say how it ended? I want to know if DEEN did the Good end or True end.
Jan 23, 2010 3:11 AM

Jan 2007
only those who have seen the movie should be reading this anyways ;p

but i`ll spoil tag this

Jan 23, 2010 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
Oh thank god. If it was the other end I would have sent them a mail bomb.
Jan 23, 2010 4:22 AM

Jul 2008
What was the length of the movie?
Jan 23, 2010 5:04 AM

May 2008
Must have been great.
Anyone have a time machine I can borrow to go get the BD? ;-;
Working
Jan 23, 2010 8:37 AM

Mar 2008
Question for Faust721...

The scene in which Shirou fight with Gilgamesh, Archer Shirou saves? Archer finally says goodbye to Rin?

If I would you please explain this part in detail... I know how faithful has been.
Jan 23, 2010 11:25 AM

Jul 2007
full review there:
http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5620

AS I thought.

They DESTROYED anything good bout dialogue (like taking SHiro's calm collected "Do you hjave enough swords?" line and changing it into kiddy battlecry...)

DEEN will burn.
Jan 23, 2010 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
Was the animation spectacular, or something typical of DEEN? As stated above, I've only heard that there was LOLdialogue, untrue to the VN...
Jan 23, 2010 2:48 PM

Apr 2009
Wait... there is no "HERE I COME, KING OF HEROES. DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH WEAPONS IN STOCK?" line?

...Damnit.
Jan 23, 2010 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
It is there, just not said calmly but more like a warcry.
Jan 23, 2010 3:50 PM

Jul 2007
Haylias said:
Wait... there is no "HERE I COME, KING OF HEROES. DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH WEAPONS IN STOCK?" line?

...Damnit.

its there, but SHiro shrieks it in childish voice runing at GIlgamesh randomly/..., instead of doing archer-impression like its implied in VN and SHOWN in Realta Nua VN
Jan 24, 2010 8:15 PM

Jan 2009
Fai said:
Haylias said:

...Damnit.

its there, but SHiro shrieks it in childish voice runing at GIlgamesh randomly/..., instead of doing archer-impression like its implied in VN and SHOWN in Realta Nua VN

Oh man tat totally ruined the scene. Tat one liner + cool expression was supposed to be a crowning moment of awesome. The VA probably forgot he was voicing Shiro and was voicing saucegay
Jan 25, 2010 9:21 AM

Dec 2007
lol at the people bashing the movie based on one very poorly written review, without having even watched it. Retards.

Anyway, saw the movie at Kyoto Movix yesterday, as I overslept on saturday and got there too late to get a seat.><

As for the movie, I thought it was great. Production values were amazing with some of the best battle scenes I've seen in any anime so far, the core of UBW was represented in a very satisfying manner (yes the core, Ilya and Caster backstories were left out though) and they made the correct choice for the ending.

If I had one major complaint it would be that the

Also, because of the pace, I felt that the transition from one scene to another were a bit unnatural on one or two occasions. But that's just a minor flaw imo.

yakisobapanFeb 7, 2010 7:47 AM
Jan 25, 2010 1:29 PM

Jun 2008
Now all they need to do is make a movie of the Heaven's Feel ending with Dark Saber and I'll love them. I guess I'll be waiting a few months before I get to watch this though subbed.

Jan 25, 2010 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
SushiTheLegend said:
Now all they need to do is make a movie of the Heaven's Feel ending with Dark Saber and I'll love them. I guess I'll be waiting a few months before I get to watch this though subbed.
ova's would be better.. HF is not as action-packed and has more talks than ubw.. the pacing would be greatly ruined even if it was put into a 3-hr movie.. anyway.. i really want to watch this movie.. i don't care if it's rraw or a poorly cinema-ripped video.. i'll be rewatching it anyway, 6 months later..
Jan 27, 2010 3:12 AM
Apr 2008
argilium said:
SushiTheLegend said:
ova's would be better.. HF is not as action-packed and has more talks than ubw.. the pacing would be greatly ruined even if it was put into a 3-hr movie.. anyway.. i really want to watch this movie.. i don't care if it's rraw or a poorly cinema-ripped video.. i'll be rewatching it anyway, 6 months later..

Fate/Zero in 4 movies would be better i think. Ofc made by ufotable.
Jan 27, 2010 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
I cant find the movie and ova anywhere!~ Where is it?
Jan 27, 2010 3:35 PM

Jul 2008
Movie has just aired in theatres. It won't be on internet for few months.
Jan 28, 2010 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
I heard that there's a lot of fighting scenes. But I still wanna know whether Tohsaka Rin had some sweet time with Shiro or not. At least, she should not acted TSUNDERE toward Shiro till the end.

Jan 29, 2010 2:27 AM

Jun 2009
Charliehsv said:
lol at the people bashing the movie based on one very poorly written review, without having even watched it. Retards.

Thank you!

It's nice to see some common sense. But really, I think everyone here has got a stick up there ass about studio Deen and I don't think it's justified.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 29, 2010 2:29 AM

Jun 2009
Jan 29, 2010 4:01 AM

Jul 2007
AidanAK47 said:
Charliehsv said:

Thank you!

It's nice to see some common sense. But really, I think everyone here has got a stick up there ass about studio Deen and I don't think it's justified.

FSN
FSN:UB
UMINEKO.

So yes, its justified.
Jan 29, 2010 9:02 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
AidanAK47 said:
Charliehsv said:

Thank you!

FSN
FSN:UB
UMINEKO.

So yes, its justified.

Fate/stay night was a decent adaption. I played the visual novel and I still think that. True the CG dragon was stupid and the caster arc was not great but other than that I don't really see it as that bad.

I highly doubt you have seen Unlimited blade works. Not unless you are Japanese. So that does not count.

What was so bad about Umineko? I felt it was at least a 8/10. It could have been better. I know that but still, not bad.

From what I have seen of their work they stick as close as possible to the source material better than other companies. You honestly have not seen a true bad adaption. Check out Dance in the vampire bund or Tsukihime. That's what a real bad adaption is.
AidanAK47Jan 29, 2010 9:07 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 29, 2010 9:35 AM

Jul 2008
What was so bad about Umineko? I felt it was at least a 8/10. It could have been better. I know that but still, not bad.

I can agree with your comments to Fate, but Umineko was butchered. It was too fast-paced, some important scenes were removed, emotional effect of many scenes was reduced and it didn't show some important clues and red text (like Battler finding corpses in the mansion in the last arc).
Jan 29, 2010 12:49 PM

Jun 2009
Nayrael said:

I can agree with your comments to Fate, but Umineko was butchered. It was too fast-paced, some important scenes were removed, emotional effect of many scenes was reduced and it didn't show some important clues and red text (like Battler finding corpses in the mansion in the last arc).

I never played the visual novel. Very well. I will take your word for it. I have got to check it out sometime.

Jan 31, 2010 3:33 AM

Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:
Nayrael said:

I never played the visual novel. Very well. I will take your word for it. I have got to check it out sometime.

Yes in all seriousness I can agree with at least the FSN anime being done but it was also done by a better director from DEEN - Umineko for the reasons stated and even more was ... a butcher job I had to force myself to watch , check out the novels though

I eagerly await the chance to see UBW

Though if the class room scene is as short as some say I will not be happy.. but if they somehow fit the dialogue from it in AFTER or during It will be 'enough' and to bad were losing two back stories seemingly ilya and caster >.<
Feb 1, 2010 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
(i read only VN Fate route and am 2 days into UBW and watched FSN Anime of course)

sirwence said:
to bad were losing two back stories seemingly ilya and caster >.<

i think we had the caster backgroundstory part already in the FSN Anime. i don't know how much of the real backgroundstory was in it though, but i guess that was already sufficient for the producers ? and i don't know if illyas backstory is important enough, in relation to the other story plot-parts, to include in a 2hr movie.

I think i will love the movie despite all that little struggle of the VN fanatics.
But i wish (if they even consider doing a HF adaptation) they'll go for OAV 6 episodes or direct to dvd movies - at least 2. who knows.
Feb 1, 2010 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
I don't really know if these would classify as spoilers for this particular topic... but anyway, since they refer a little to the VN storyline, better safe than sorry.

As for DEEN, they are some fandoms (particularly R07's) chew toy, but they really don't deserve the bad rep. We just have to wait until we can see this and judge it on it's own instead of whining "omg they removed the cooking scenes!" from other people's reviews.
Feb 5, 2010 12:50 AM
Feb 2009
anyone know where to download this ? the subbed one plz since i can't speak japanese T_T can someone give me the DDL site here or just PM me Arigatou Gozaimasu
Feb 5, 2010 6:41 AM

Apr 2007
It's still in theaters. Need to wait for the dvd release until it becomes available online.
Feb 5, 2010 6:57 AM

May 2007
Just watched the movie in Kawasaki. I did not play the visual novel and I only watched the TV anime, but I thought the movie was quite good. Especially since it was focused on Rin and Archer.

But WTF, after 3D dragons we have 3D dolphins ? xD
Feb 11, 2010 6:42 AM
Jul 2008
Nayrael said:
Movie has just aired in theatres. It won't be on internet for few months.

that doesnt meant someone cant just record it on their phone, dont tell me they check them at the door or something? we need this NOW, not in july, who CARES if its in jap, even you guys who cant speak it can know whats the fucks going on goz its fucking GARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one

im rating this 5/5 w/o even having seen it coz THATS how ceartian i am
Feb 12, 2010 8:25 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah,someone is obviously going to risk a 10 million yen fine and a lawsuit so that some gaijin can watch a LQ rip. ><
Feb 12, 2010 1:09 PM

Apr 2007
Eva fans take that risk.
Feb 18, 2010 1:58 AM

Feb 2008
Uhm... Where can i watch UBW?
Feb 19, 2010 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
bananakQ said:
Uhm... Where can i watch UBW?

Not to be mean or something, but that's already 2 times answered you know. You should just check the other forum posts here next time you are going to ask something. Nobody likes questions that are already been answered, yourself probably included. And this is not only to you, but also to the other people who are going to ask this because I'm sure there will be. UGH...
Apr 22, 2010 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
Not to be mean or something, but that's already 2 times answered you know. You should just check the other forum posts here next time you are going to ask something. Nobody likes questions that are already been answered, yourself probably included. And this is not only to you, but also to the other people who are going to ask this because I'm sure there will be. UGH...

To make the matters worse: there are ONLY TWO pages in this tread.
Jun 14, 2010 7:28 AM

Dec 2006
AidanAK47 said:
Check out Dance in the vampire bund or Tsukihime. That's what a real bad adaption is.
Hm and I liked Bund, that means the manga`s even better...
Jun 16, 2010 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
I'm still waiting for the movie to be subbed.... so they take the risk to get a cam version of Suzumiya and not Fate Stay Night UBW =(

Also, Bund adaption was really bad....I like the manga a lot better I was so disappointed in every episode and how they changed what happened...especially the replacement of Hama with that one chick..
Jun 18, 2010 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
Haven't seen anything on the net about the movie just yet.. Then again, I didn't look to hard.. I "just" finished marathoning the series last night at work and it was pretty damn depressing.. I wanted more Saber x Shirou scenes. D':

I can wait for the movie. The show was that good in my opinion.

Sep 30, 2010 6:45 AM

Dec 2007
omfg. Gilgamesh pulled out Illa's heart....
WTF!!!

But wow. the battles were so epic. Emia is unbelievable strong!
Unlimited Blade Works! ftw

Something I couldn't understand was why Archer is still alive at the end~ I thought he was killed by Gilgamesh...
Kanade-chanSep 30, 2010 8:31 AM
Sep 30, 2010 9:19 AM

Nov 2007
They skipped a lot as well as messed up certain scenes and this would probably be pretty much unwatchable to anyone who hasn't played the VN or at least watched the anime but I had no trouble following it even without subtitles and it was a satisfying treat for fans so I'm going with a 9/10 despite all of the flaws.
Sep 30, 2010 9:36 AM
Sep 2008
Skipped to fast.
Without Fate Stay Night Reproduction (or 24 episodes from FSN) u won't understand at all. If u played the VN you can understand the most.
Animation= Top +
Sound= Top +
I give 10/10 because they did their best with 90 minutes. If they had more then 90 minutes then it would be perfect.
Epic fights etc >.<
Sep 30, 2010 11:04 AM
Mar 2010
it was just bad
good animation but the whole story is ruined, things happen too fast, moreover deen totally ruins "king of heroes do you have enough swords" phrase ( and other things of course ).
the dolphin cg, lolwut?

a big disappointment, even if i didnt expect more from Deen
I dont even know if it's enjoyable for those who havent read the novel ( let alone that if you havent watched the reproduction or the series, as Zarock said, you wont understand at all )
Sep 30, 2010 11:25 AM

Sep 2007
Fast passed movie was fast passed.
But well, like someone on /a/ said, it was just pure eye candy for the fans of this route (myself included).
8/10 because even though they kinda ruined Shirou's UBW part (I liked more the japanese chant; and the "king of heroes do you have enough swords?" was just too rushed), Archer final scene was awesome like in the VN.
FekaSep 30, 2010 5:34 PM
Sep 30, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2008
Good considering the timeframe, though having read the VN is almost required to keep up. A 9/10 from me. Epic but too short.
Sep 30, 2010 3:44 PM
May 2009
So the raws are out and I jumped ahead and watched it. And I must say it could have been worse, much worse. I read a lot of bad critics for it before, but for me it was still a very good experience.

The visuals and fights scenes were very good. Definitely top notch in the eye candy department, and even if some wish certain scenes ( especially Shiro vs Archer ) would have been longer I think it was appropriate considering the time they had.

The soundtrack and dialogue were good, but could have been better. And the story was very compressed, certain scenes, especially in the beginning just wouldn't make sense to a first time viewer that hasn't at least watched the TV series. Also some good quotes failed to make it to the movie, like the infamous "I have no regrets, this is the only path". This is very regrettable, but still in the tolerable range. Same for the missing scenes, for me as a Ilya fanboy the lack of the Ilya flashback was too bad... seriously would it have killed them to make the movie 30 minutes longer? I sometime just don't get those guys in charge...

But I won't complain and take what I get. And even if I critiszed some things I still liked it and had a very good time. 8/10 for me.
Sep 30, 2010 5:42 PM

Jan 2008
That was a pretty fucking epic movie I must say. Even if I miss like.. many things from the vn, its was really nice done for a 1h 45min adaption. But as other people are saying without Fate stay night tv adaption or the vn its prbly pain in the ass to understand all. I even though the tv version was confusing to understand everythinguntil I read the vn. And ofc wtf with the speach and cg dolphin. Now its just time wait on the subs and a blueray version. ^^
P.S. Read the visual novel, you wont regret it. :)
MysmarreSep 30, 2010 5:49 PM
Oct 1, 2010 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome quality animation, but other than that everything was just slightly above average to meh. To be expected I guess since it was only 1h 45mins, but they removed some quality shiro x rin time =( And some key points of the plot were omitted too. At least they should have kept the part where Shirou used his command spell to stop saber from attacking archer, which is where the plot branches off from the first route.

Wow but srsly I do hope they do not butcher Heaven's Feel like this. HF's storyline is a lot more complex than Fate or UBW and if they try to shorten it to a movie of this length... well let's just say it's not gonna be good
halberdiersOct 1, 2010 6:23 AM
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie Vs. Anime

TheOmniPantheon - Jan 18

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 21, 10:05 AM

» Should I watch this before the TV series?

Potchy - Sep 7, 2016

6 by user16726985 »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:28 PM

» Do i need to watch it?

Zeroth_JK - Sep 23, 2021

5 by tadaimaa »»
Jul 26, 2022 5:22 PM

» how the f does...(spoilers)

kaena - Dec 3, 2011

17 by theangelsweep »»
Mar 11, 2019 12:36 AM

» UBW Rin's route, but not Rin's story (spoilers)

Haneken2086 - May 22, 2018

0 by Haneken2086 »»
May 22, 2018 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.