MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The hardest/easiest subject to learn in school

Pages (4) -0.2 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »
03-08-10, 3:56 PM

P.E.

03-08-10, 5:30 PM

Languages are easy for me. English, French, Japanese, Chinese... I pick up languages easily and can use words well.

My problem subject has always been Math. The concepts don't come naturally to me so I actually have to do lots of practice problems in order to do well. Which is why I usually fail midterms but make up for it by acing the final.

03-08-10, 5:53 PM

I cannot, for the life of me, do MATH.

But I'm really good at Social Studies or History. And literature.

Gonna Catch 'Em All

03-08-10, 5:55 PM

Hardest -----> Algebra/Trig
Easiest ------> World History

& &

03-08-10, 6:05 PM

In high school Science (any type) was the easiest for me while Mathematics took me a little longer to learn.
Now I have to go through College Mathematics I in my college, it will suck.

03-09-10, 8:48 AM

CarlosHXC said:
P.E.

^ ew, i HATED P.E. -.-
i tried to skip that class as much as mortally possible.

hands down, the easiest would have to be literature/english class or psychology.
as for the hardest, the lame award goes to MATH. *shudders*

03-09-10, 8:54 AM

laceddagger said:
CarlosHXC said:
P.E.

^ ew, i HATED P.E. -.-
i tried to skip that class as much as mortally possible.

hands down, the easiest would have to be literature/english class or psychology.
as for the hardest, the lame award goes to MATH. *shudders*

lol, we don't do anything in P.E. in my school, hence why it's the easiest.
and I agree. Math does take the award.

03-09-10, 9:03 AM

I think it all depends on your strengths and weaknesses. That being said, math was always the hardest for me, and science was always the easiest. Only because I had more interest than it than math. I hated that subject!

03-09-10, 9:10 AM

Hardest: Mathematics, Computer Studies, Chemistry, Physics and Philosophy [the Logic part]
Easiest: English, Italian, History of Art

(That's just what I find hard and easy)

03-09-10, 9:21 AM

CarlosHXC said:
lol, we don't do anything in P.E. in my school, hence why it's the easiest.
and I agree. Math does take the award.

:o *insert instant envy here*
ugh, we had to do everything...and the teacher was an ass...
ha, i skipped a lot, but in the end, somehow i managed passing xD

i still struggle with math, to this day *slaps forehead*
it's out to kill me -.-

03-09-10, 9:51 AM

I used to find math really difficult, only this year have I began to get a better understanding of it. I enjoy biology, but I fail at it quite alot. Art, English Class and Computer ICT has always been the easiest to me.

03-09-10, 10:58 AM

Right now
Hardest 3d modeling I don't like Maya ><
Easiest Japanese I've already had three years of it.

03-09-10, 11:06 AM

i think chemisrty is most hardest and cooking is easy in high school!
i rawr you

03-09-10, 11:30 AM

School?

Oh well, anyway, I believe that understanding an issue is very dependent on who is explaining it. I'm not the kind of genius that self-learns. So in high-school I'd say the hardest was Portuguese, even though everything was basic, because the teacher was a stuck up that liked gay poetry. And the easiest to learn would be Maths and Chemistry, because the teachers were really nice (and I had nice tutors as well). In the end those that were "easiest" to learn were those I had more trouble with. In compensation they are the ones I still remember.

In college the easiest would be... Biochemistry. Phisiology. I just went there and passed. I don't remember any of it, except for the seat I used when I did the exam. Hardest is definetely anatomy. Can't pass it, even with a miracle. In my area there is really not any place to think hard or imagine things, stuff is just like that and all we can use is logic. I'm not really good at it, but for some reason I have a "good clinical eye" and get most things right based off only on history (and I looked for experience too).
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

03-09-10, 11:35 AM

Math is hard. Too much things to learn.
I personally think English is easiest, because its not really a subject you have to revise for. You just have to know how to read, write and analyse.

03-09-10, 11:42 AM

For me the hardest subject must be maths. I was good at maths despite the fact that I think it was one of the hardest subjects especially pure algebra with its implications and matrices.

Easiest by far would be Physics and chemistry.
I mean everything is so logical that you didn't even really need to learn formulas by heart you just learn them by applying them.

03-09-10, 12:10 PM

The hardest subjects for me are math and chemistry, taught by the same teacher. She sucks at teaching to the point that you feel bad for her. I've always hated math, it's seemed pointless for me to learn as I don't need it.The easiest...hmm...well I think History of Art, it's also my favorite subject besides Graphics, also Biology I think.

03-09-10, 12:25 PM
Forum Moderator
Looking back, I've got to say (and change my opinion):

URRGGNNNH. THE TRIG. THE MOFO TRIG.

I'm getting literally screwed in math by trig. Damn, high school and below was a breeze precisely because the math curriculum sucked in Canada. Now I'm getting a 360 revelation of getting screwed by the ubiquitous trig that comes up everywhere. ;(

03-09-10, 12:26 PM

definitely P.E...we play football all the tyme!!muahahah n hardest subject for me was Physic...i've tried my best,bt no gud...never even passed before,the highest i've gotten for dat subject was 38...haiizz =.='

03-11-10, 12:04 PM

I'm bad with numbers and formulas, am no good with physical ed too. but am good with the other stuff(history, language,etc)..

03-11-10, 12:36 PM

right now in school i find chemistry, english, p.e., and history easy as hell

but what i find that is hard for me is MATH! honestly i'll give it to ya straight up i can't do math worth a shit :P sadly

03-11-10, 2:33 PM

So ok. Let me smmary it.

For the majority of people in this thread:
>Physics is easy
>Chemistry is easy
>Maths is hard

There is something missing here.....
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

03-11-10, 5:53 PM

Zutara said:
For me, math is the hardest because once we got into polynomials and immaginary numbers and whatnot, I started hating math and used to love it a lot XD
I think history/social studies is fairly easy... I'm in AP US History right now, and I think that class is mostly just a lot of work/reading.. Of course, I can't say anything until I take the exam haha
Wow. I loved polynomials during math. I thought that part was easy.

03-11-10, 5:56 PM

Computer>History>Physical Ed.>Home Ed.>Math

03-11-10, 6:09 PM

I enjoyed math in school, but it wasn't easy. So...
Hard - Math
Easy - Art (XD) ...World History. It was easy and interesting to learn of different cultures and traditions. Not to mention the teacher was this awesome old guy who was caught having sexual relations in the teacher's lounge.

03-11-10, 6:10 PM

biology! xD

but math i suck @ it >>

03-11-10, 6:42 PM

Calculus is the bane of my existence. I'm also inclined to say Physics is hard. A good portion of electromagnetism just flew right over my head.

03-11-10, 10:44 PM

gym should be the easiest, i say english composition

03-12-10, 12:21 AM

Structural Engineering math. It's part of physics.. So I have to say PHYSICS.

easiest are Language subjects

03-12-10, 12:34 AM

none are hard, since I was a dodo in back then though, I'm gonna say either maths or science

03-12-10, 2:17 AM

everything is easy for me if i know the answer, everything is hard for me if i don't know the answer. So it's continuesely changing. But i think the hardest subject in school is philosophy, whatver you understand or not, it's metter of time, experience and your knowledge. Unlike math, you can be tought and sooner or later you can learn it, whatever Abel integral equation or other equations you can learn it. But in philosophy, understanding it is very hard. Sometimes it takes a whole life to understand the meaning "get to know yourself"
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

03-12-10, 8:11 AM

Maths, Economics, German language, French, Physics and Chemistry were the most difficult for me back in highschool.

The easiest were English, Art, Gymnastics, History and lunchbreak.

03-13-10, 6:09 PM

I don't think I have any hard subjects this year actually. I'm doing pretty good in all of them..

Easiest I can pick out though and that's vocal pedagogy XD

03-13-10, 9:55 PM

calculus and numerical analysis are the easiest ones
statistical experimental design, regression analysis and econometrics make me say " yes I'm definitively stupid"

03-13-10, 10:14 PM

monoOchrome said:
regression analysis and econometrics

Bad times.

I find history and social sciences (psych and so on, minus the mathier aspects of econ) to be the easiest. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm hopeless at chem.

03-13-10, 10:46 PM

I've alwasy found history, philosophy and english very, very easy. Hardest subject is probably maths.
Modified by Minimalistic, 03-13-10, 10:49 PM

03-13-10, 11:27 PM

PE. No matter how hard you try you can't become exceptionally good if you don't have talent. Sure, you can improve, maybe gain a few skills but it just can't be learnt easily.

03-14-10, 3:23 AM

English/any other language are the hardest for me.
Easiest were History(any)/Economics and social studies in general.
Score Criteria:

03-14-10, 3:55 AM

NinjaSassy212 said:
right now in school i find chemistry, english, p.e., and history easy as hell

but what i find that is hard for me is MATH! honestly i'll give it to ya straight up i can't do math worth a shit :P sadly

well chemistry does involve math ._.

03-14-10, 3:56 AM

oh yah and english/P.E. easiest for me and well yearbook is a pain in the arsehole

03-16-10, 4:37 PM

Depends a lot on the teacher, the school you are attending, your personal tendencies... but I'd say math because you shouldn't forget things you might have learned two years before (like polynoms, you have to remember how they work as long as you study math, I think XD).

03-16-10, 7:21 PM

Easiest: English.
Hardest: Maths / physics at uni level. It's easy enough up until then.

Note, English is not my first language, and I'm inherently bad at learning new languages. I thought math and physics etc were really easy until recently, but not anymore.
Modified by trashedacc, 03-16-10, 9:02 PM

03-16-10, 8:46 PM

For me, the easiest were P.E. and Programming/Logic; and the hardest were History, Biology, and everything else that requires a lot of memorization.

03-16-10, 8:47 PM

Easiest: P.E seriously all you need to do is dress out in gym shorts and a shirt and boom A+ for the day.

Hardest: Algebra/Geometry or any of the complicated math crap, i literally fall asleep every single time im in that class.

03-16-10, 8:54 PM

Advent_Cirno said:
mathematics/science/it etc were the subjects i found easiest in school.
but then i found learning languages, and english quite difficult. i took french lessons but then id always forget what i learned D:
I am the complete opposite. I find math the most difficult. Languages are extremely easy and come almost naturally for me.

03-16-10, 8:59 PM

I find physics easy, but I have a methood to make it easy.
pre-calc is near imposible (doubly so seeing as how i don't do homework)

09-22-10, 3:24 PM

Math is the easiest I think. Or Bio. Physics is the hardest subject, for me. Because I hate it.

09-22-10, 3:32 PM

Band comes easiest to me. Music has always been one of those things I've been good at. English, too. French, too. Geometry, too. Hell, they're all pretty easy. The only classes that gave me trouble were algebra 2 and chemistry, and purely because I wasn't interested and didn't pay attention.

Haven't taken calc yet, though. Don't know how that is.

09-22-10, 3:36 PM

For me it was history that was the easiest.
Had a hard time with german, but when i think back on it i guess it was becouse i really didn´t have a interest in learning it at all back then (To bad know i think, would be really nice to have a third language that i understand somewhat good).

09-22-10, 3:36 PM

I think the subject that were the easiest were all math and science classes. But for the hardest class I have no clue... If it comes down to my grades it might be history? I really don't know...

Pages (4) -0.2 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 3.8 » ... Last »