MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Dubbed or Subbed???
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Anime & Manga Recommendation »» Dubbed or Subbed???

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
01-22-10, 1:21 PM

Okay, Do u like subbed or dubbed better? and which shows are ur fav in it?

I would have to say that i prefer shows in subbed but I do hav to admit that some shows need to be watched in english lol. A good example of that would be Gundam Seed (in my opinion) i think its better in english than the actual language they made it in.

01-22-10, 2:54 PM

i think subbed is better but like for vandread and fruit basket it is good when it is dubbed

01-22-10, 3:18 PM

I have to agree that some series are worth watching dubbed, but always make it a point to watch the original version regardless of popularity. I enjoy comparing the original idea the voice actor was trying to convey about a character to a dub version. Many times, depending on the version, you may see a character in a different light because of an ad lib, a louder battle cry, or a special tone used. I usually watch an ep or two, switch languages and then go down a list of characters to figure out which voice actor I liked better out of the two. From there, tally up, and the winning language becomes whichever has more voices I like. (The dubbed high pitch little girl voices usually sound too fake tho lol. o and dont get me started on ero dubbed.That stuff will scar you *shivers* )

01-22-10, 3:38 PM

SUBBED. dubbed animes just sound cheesy and it doesn`t feel right watching it >w<

01-22-10, 4:05 PM

Well I gotta say that subbed is the only way to go for me. Regardless of the talent of the english cast. Dubbed just feels wrong down to my very core :P
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

01-22-10, 7:14 PM

oht
narutocosmic said:
i think subbed is better but like for vandread and fruit basket it is good when it is dubbed

I hav to agree with u on that one!! hha

01-23-10, 1:54 AM

SUBBED I very don't like the dubbed animes.

04-21-10, 11:02 AM

I'm fine with either way.

04-21-10, 6:39 PM

sUBBED all the way dubs sound awful to me the only anime i can watch in dubs is FLCL
Modified by NirvashTypeM0E, 04-21-10, 6:43 PM

04-21-10, 9:15 PM

I'm an avid dub watcher, but i also watch subs as well. i watch dubs more cause for one it beats having to read the subs so damn much. most of the anime i watch are in english, but i will watch the japanese version as well so i won't miss out on anything. ^_^
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta

04-22-10, 12:37 AM

xTheMentalist said:
SUBBED. dubbed animes just sound cheesy and it doesn`t feel right watching it >w<

Thids ^

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

04-22-10, 8:43 AM

SUBBED! I very don't like the dubbed animes.Japanese dub is really really really awesome!^^

04-22-10, 11:47 AM

Until a year ago I only watched subs too, but now I enjoy dubs as well, because you dont have to be 100% focused on the screen(the subs) all the time. What I like about subs is that you remeber the anmes of the characters faster, because you always read it (at least I remember things better when I read them than when I hear them.
Besides that Dubs are like subs, if you cannot speak japanese in both cases you dont know how correct the translation is..
Check out our new Simul Watch CLUB and join if you're interested!

If Death Note is "chess", LotGH is "3D Chess." - lisnoire
Code Geass would be Rock-Paper-Scissors in this analogy.
Guilty Crown? - Go Fish!

04-23-10, 8:46 PM

SUBBED all the way. I only like dubbed anime unless it's the original pokemon with their ORIGINAL voice actors before they changed it, Digimon or Yugioh because I watched them when I was little and I'm used to hearing their English voices. Dubbed anime sucks since their voices get all ewww and the sometimes the lip syncing is horrible.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!

04-24-10, 12:12 AM

Subbed. Man, I avoid dubbed since I heard english dub in Fushigi Yuugi. That was awful.

And on the other hand - I'm not that good in english, i mean, with subs you read every word they say, even if you don't understand it, and in dubs you may not even recognize the word, so you can't check what does it mean.

04-24-10, 12:23 AM

personally i aint too bothered by subbing or dubbing i can watch both quite happily as long as either one is in english lol

04-25-10, 3:28 AM

I prefer subbed, it's out of the question that i will ever choose an anime dubbed only i can't find it subbed.
[/url]

08-16-10, 12:41 PM

SUBBED! But i still make a point to watch the dubs too since it's interesting to see a different portrayal, though it sounds weird with the english cast, like with the vampire knight dubbed

08-17-10, 10:21 AM

It depends on the anime. I can't watch the subbed version of Inuyasha, due to falling in love with the dub. And then I can't stand DN Angle Dub it's terrible along with the Naruto one. I will usually watch a sub though just cuz they are easier to find =P

It all depends on the anime. and who the voice actors are. But then again. Good cast doesn't mean a good dub look at OHSHC. It was a dub fail.

My favorite dub is still FMA it was truely amazing. They did such a good job with it.

you fear for the things you care for, and you become accustom to it

08-17-10, 11:12 AM

I'd rather subs. I'll watch dubs, especially when I'm sleepy and just want to stick something on to watch and not focus, but the acting is often poor, it's the same actors EVERYWHERE (Seriously, Vic f***** Mingonga? He doesn't even vary his voices!) There's also a fairly limitied range available.
They sub foriegn films into English, so what's the need to sub anime? We'd get so much more because production cost's would be less, and it'd probably take less time to edit.

My fave dub's would probably be FMA and the studio ghibli ones are quite good. The worst would have to be Naruto, Air and Hetalia (Have you heard it? they gave them mostly incorrect, occaionaly indeciphereable accents. It's just evil!)

-over obsessive rant over -

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices