Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that Lucia uppercut is awesome.

I thought the episode was rather funny. Tennouji definitely still has some chemistry with some of the other girls imo including Shizuru. Kagari still gave me the mysterious vibes though while the teasing between Akane and Tennoji is pretty priceless.

The OP song is alright, pretty catchy.

Jul 9, 2016 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
The harem has gathered at lightning speed. It was rushed, but I still thought it was a very fun episode, I just love the banter between the characters in Rewrite. Shame we won't be getting much more common route episodes though.

I feel like this really is for the fans of the VN though. Like, while I enjoyed watching the common route antics in this episode as I'm already well established with the characters already after having read the VN, it's not hard to see how first time viewers could be put off by the series. With the likes of the thrown together directing style, the plain character designs and inconsistent animation, the incredibly rushed nature, the lack of time to establish the characters causing them to come off as tropish, the harem like setting (well it is Key, so people should have been expecting this anyway), the constant confusing hints at the plot and the bombardment of admittedly juvenile comedy. It's all a bit of a mess, not to mention the awful battle scenes last episode and the fact that the anime seems to be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the viewer. I'm not even sure what to expect from the anime as the only scene from the original route was so far was one I dislike a lot.

The visuals for the OP were nicely done albeit a bit spoilery. The ED was adorable while being even more spoilery than the OP, but in a subtler way.
KoybzJul 9, 2016 1:08 PM
Jul 9, 2016 8:08 AM

Mar 2016
OP and ED were to my liking. This episode felt more rushed especially with how Shizuru joined the club, but it was an enjoyable episode still.
Jul 9, 2016 8:18 AM

Oct 2012
Well Kotarou really liked to tease people lol....
I certainly like the op and ed..

Jul 9, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2012
Huh the OP so great! ><
I love Lucia xD!
Jul 9, 2016 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
If I had to compare episodes, this felt more rushed than the previous one... And that's a bad thing. Guess they really don't give two fucks. The way they're handling this is basically just to cater for VN people. On the bright side, the OP is great.
Jul 9, 2016 8:30 AM
Dec 2014
Tyrel said:
If I had to compare episodes, this felt more rushed than the previous one... And that's a bad thing. Guess they really don't give two fucks. The way they're handling this is basically just to cater for VN people. On the bright side, the OP is great.

Great that you're liking it so far.
You really hated the series first.
They of course will rush alot of parts because this isn't an adaptation, this is a new route.

And I'm with you, playing the visual novel is better
Jul 9, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2014
Tyrel said:

Well, that was to be expected. The length of the original material is to great to adapt it in just 13 episodes without rushing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 8:34 AM

Sep 2011
Sparteh said:
Tyrel said:

Well, that was to be expected. The length of the original material is to great to adapt it in just 13 episodes without rushing.
Don't think it's really been confirmed that it'll be 13 episodes only (As a whole. Unless we go by the BDs). People have gone on about how a seiyuu implied it'd be more during the live event.
Jul 9, 2016 8:49 AM

May 2014
Tyrel said:
Sparteh said:

Don't think it's really been confirmed that it'll be 13 episodes only (As a whole. Unless we go by the BDs). People have gone on about how a seiyuu implied it'd be more during the live event.

MAL says it is 13. Also, even though that this is just a feeling, but Rewrite gives me the same vibe as Angel Beats or Charlotte which were both 13 episodes long
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
Sparteh said:
Tyrel said:

MAL says it is 13. Also, even though that this is just a feeling, but Rewrite gives me the same vibe as Angel Beats or Charlotte which were both 13 episodes long

Well I can't say much in that area but considering were talking about length... I dont think it would be 13, if it was, then it would lead to incompletion, and thats really a bad thing in some sense.
Jul 9, 2016 8:57 AM
Jul 2016
TheLittleRedHero said:
Sparteh said:

Well I can't say much in that area but considering were talking about length... I dont think it would be 13, if it was, then it would lead to incompletion, and thats really a bad thing in some sense.

The entirety of Moon could easily be adapted into 13 episodes. I don't even think you'd need to cut a lot. Plus, you could go for some cool stuff like narrating a variant of Terra and including flashbacks to Moon, narrating both stories parallely. Then after 13 episodes it would stop at 2 good points and then S2 would narrate the rest of the route, plus the ending of moon.
Jul 9, 2016 9:04 AM

May 2014
Volarer said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

The entirety of Moon could easily be adapted into 13 episodes. I don't even think you'd need to cut a lot. Plus, you could go for some cool stuff like narrating a variant of Terra and including flashbacks to Moon, narrating both stories parallely. Then after 13 episodes it would stop at 2 good points and then S2 would narrate the rest of the route, plus the ending of moon.

Moon makes no sense if you have not played the main routes, so in fact it makes it much harder to adapt. From the looks of it, they are going to create a unique route based on Moon and some elements of Terra. Adaptation of pure Moon and Terra are impossible at this point. One of the main routes are probable, but custom route based on Moon is the most likely
Jul 9, 2016 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
Volarer said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Well if you talk about Moon that can be done in some amount of episodes, since its the shortest route. They can do a little snippit at the very least in some way. Idk how to explain this xD

(sorry but somehow my brain is fried today for a bit, need to process a bit on stuff)
Jul 9, 2016 9:18 AM

Mar 2015
This seems that will sell even less than Charlotte.
..let's see.. it's too early for predictions in stalker.

Good episode, a bit rushed.
Jul 9, 2016 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
lezerman said:

Charlotte had zero fanbase and was original. Rewrite has a fanbase and was one of the best selling VNs.
Jul 9, 2016 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
lezerman said:

The difference is that Charlotte was an original and kinda didn't had an established fanbase from the start. Rewrite on the other hand is an adaptation, and it already has a big enough following of course as well from what I know.
Jul 9, 2016 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Eeeee? It's really Akane? She looks totally different. Other characters are even a little similar, but she.... Ehhh
Btw, if only the whole Anime would look like in the OP... But this episode for some reason looked MUCH better than first one.
I liked how they adopted the scene with shikigami
rsc-plJul 9, 2016 9:42 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2016 9:31 AM
Nov 2015
MC's rap killed me xD
Jul 9, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
rsc-pl said:
Eeeee? It's really Akane? She looks totally different. Other characters are even a little similar, but she.... Ehhh

I think its more of the design making her look different so.
Jul 9, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2012
It was an okay episode I guess. It still feels like they are catering to the anime only fans too much.
Jul 9, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2012
Gathering club members this week. Ok, that was very good. I'm loving how likeable these characters are. Watching them interact is very entertaining so far. All the girls are great, but even the mc oozes likability. That fart gag legit made me laugh too. Keep it up show! XD
Jul 9, 2016 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
they cut so many parts of the VN, rushed..
but Akane best girl make up for it..

AKANEEEEE ASAJGDHYAGDSAHS
Jul 9, 2016 10:05 AM

Sep 2011
What I can only say is....

I'll just wait for the next episode.

Jul 9, 2016 10:08 AM
Jun 2016
Jakerams said:
It was an okay episode I guess. It still feels like they are catering to the anime only fans too much.
Really? Honestly I think they don't cater enough. I personally think it's better that they cater towards people who are going into the anime blind, to pick up their interest ya know. A lot of the transitions from scene to scene still seem rushed or awkward to me, and that's something I wish these episodes would improve on.
Jul 9, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
Does Lucia have a personality outside of being protective of Shizuru and punching Kotarou? So far that seems to be all she offers, and it's already getting on my nerves. That aside, this episode was pretty average like last week, but once again it's clearly all set-up given that we've only just got everyone (Yoshino notwithstanding) together in the club. Still, considering I usually like Key comedy, it's surprising how little I like most of the comedy in this show so far.

Also, I guess this explains a lot about Key's various works:

Jul 9, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
danieltortoisee said:
Does Lucia have a personality outside of being protective of Shizuru and punching Kotarou? So far that seems to be all she offers, and it's already getting on my nerves. That aside, this episode was pretty average like last week, but once again it's clearly all set-up given that we've only just got everyone (Yoshino notwithstanding) together in the club. Still, considering I usually like Key comedy, it's surprising how little I like most of the comedy in this show so far.

To explain more about Lucia without spoiling, there is more to her character than those two things. If anything if they can they could probably animate one scene that gives her more layers to her character.
Jul 9, 2016 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
The episode felt rather rushed but I laughed more than I did when I watched the first ep.

the foreshadowing at the end was great.

The animations in this episode were decent except for one scene near the end, the scene were Kotarou was talking about how he is happy about the club, I don't know if its the main animator's fault or the inbetweener's fault but the frames didn't sync together at all, I've seen a lot of badly animated shows but I've never seen something this bad.

The opening was great but not as good as I thought it would be, the ending was amazing cuz Ryouma Ebata solo animation!

With this pace I think that they will reach Nov 13 by episode 5 or 6, I just hope that they won't do it at ep 3 or 4, we still need to meet Esaka, Sakuya and Imamiya.
Jul 9, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
danieltortoisee said:

Funny you said that, because i had this impression from Lucia when i first read the visual novel too, but believe me when i say that she's the most "unique" or "interesting" girl from the cast. For reasons i shoudn't say now XD

About the episode, it was REALLY GOOD imo. Ofc it will be a bit rushed for VN readers because its a new route and less episodes to work on, but its fine like this. The comedy scenes were great as usual and the art improved A LOT from last episode.

The OP & ED has some really good cuts and animation, especially the ending. But also has A LOT of spoilers.

I can't wait for Kagari route to begin. 5/5
Jul 9, 2016 10:16 AM

May 2014
After watch the OP, it feels like 8bit used some Grisaia OP elements. Very nice and not spoil the new story.
Jul 9, 2016 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Now I finished the episode while I was eating Lel. Surprisingly this was a pretty good episode. Despite the rushed paced thing to get the characters together, it was pretty nice to see and probably enjoyable than before.

Of course all I wish from now here is they could somehow slow down a bit more in the episode, but that aside, since we got into the entire group being together, let's see how this turns out.
Jul 9, 2016 10:19 AM

Dec 2014
Fun episode, All the girls have gathered at the club as expected. That was kinda fast though.

The character interactions are really entertaining to watch and I'm liking Koutarou as well.

I think Akane is my favorite for now xD
She even owns an Alienware laptop, Definitely too high tech for an Occult club.
I laughed when she said she was playing an FPS.

That girl leaving his bedroom because of the fart was hilarious.

Hoping the occult elements kick in soon, Would love to have more insight on that.
Jul 9, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2012
Man, this show's getting progressively worse with all these shitty harem tropes which I have no patience or interest for. I'm glad there's only 1 tsundere as opposed to 2 since I thought that orange haired girl was one at first.

Giving this one more episode unless the plot or whatever gets good which I don't imagine it will at this point.
Jul 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Aug 2012
Such a mixed bag tbh..there's parts that try to cater to VN fans but end up a bit cringey(probably more so for anime onlies), and some original stuff that sometimes feels off-putting. The constant shoehorning of 'ghosty' is getting a little old, but then the fart was legit funny so that helps. And the foreshadowing with Kotori was quite nice. The direction as a whole is still messy, but the clubroom scene wasn't bad at all.

OP is okay, thought it was kind of oddly directed. ED is solid though.

>tfw no 'ripe for the picking'
>tfw best witch gets the most QUALITY
Jul 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
The greatest charm, Amulet of Venus in it's simple form. LOL
And that Loli-vampire back again while Kotarou having a nice dream, TWICE. But the third night I guess he got lucky, for "touch" the real one? Even if it's just spiritual-person.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 9, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
A lot of the scene-to-scene transitions in this episode felt very awkward, I think they need to figure out how to make those transitions more smooth. It just felt like we were jumping from place to place. Other than the MC's little rap, none of the comedy really did anything for me.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 9, 2016 10:32 AM
Aug 2010
So far really liking this, even if it's not a perfect adaptation I'm really enjoying it.
Jul 9, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2012
The OP is as spoilerish as they come. Kotarou keeps stealing the spotlight, being hilarious and all, and we are yet to see his badass part. A decent episode on the whole, but rushed as hell (I wouldn't be surprised to see them attempt to squeeze both Moon and Terra into a single cour - which is a disgrace).
Jul 9, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
So is there anything at all which separates this from literally every other battle harem out there? This was painfully generic. You all were hyping this up like it was the second coming of Jesus or something.
Jul 9, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2016
There were a lot of great scenes in there and they were adapted quite good. They even added some really nice things, like 2 very funny night scenes.
It is a bit fast though. Nearly no time to breeze in let the last scene sink in before the next one starts.

Both EP end OP were way different then I expected, but they're good. Maybe not "awesome", but good.

Sparteh said:
Tyrel said:

The way he worded it it sounded like split cour. However, therer are nothing more then hints around, so that's basically still just a rumor.
Jul 9, 2016 10:35 AM

May 2015
akane best grill has arrive

I liked that they animated tomoko :DD
cant wait for yoshino's interaction with the club

~shizuru2016
Jul 9, 2016 10:36 AM
Jul 2016
Hongu said:
So is there anything at all which separates this from literally every other battle harem out there? This was painfully generic. You all were hyping this up like it was the second coming of Jesus or something.

Lol it'd be faster if I just summed up what this show has in common with generic battle harems. And that is literally nothing. Just keep watching. This is not a harem. It's not a shounen either. This is nothing but the most glorious piece of philosophy ever created by a human being.
Jul 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
a pervert guy and the mystery element continues
Jul 9, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Volarer said:
Hongu said:

Lol it'd be faster if I just summed up what this show has in common with generic battle harems. And that is literally nothing. Just keep watching. This is not a harem. It's not a shounen either. This is nothing but the most glorious piece of philosophy ever created by a human being.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.
Jul 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Jan 2014
Oh, hey, wow...

Thanks for ruining my most favorite scene in the common route, 8-bit...

Anyway, time for the weekly list of 8BIT BITCHING!:

-Where is Kotori's sharp wit and Engurish-insertion one liners..?
-Why is Chihaya portrayed to posses at least average intelligence..?
-Why is Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking...? (uhun~)
-Why isn't Lucia's VA breaking my ears yet...?
-Why is Akane so small...?
-Why is there only 1 min of Yoshino screentime...?
-Why isn't Inoue a heroine...?

and last...
Jul 9, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2016
Hongu said:
Volarer said:

Neither could I. If you wanted to know what distinguishes Rewrite from generic battle harem shows you could also just google for a spoiler free synopsis.
Jul 9, 2016 10:41 AM

Jun 2013
Hongu said:
Volarer said:

He's serious. Rewrite its not a harem and it has a lot more into it that you can imagine.
Jul 9, 2016 10:43 AM

Mar 2011
In all honesty, this is so aimed for the readers it hurts.

Go and read the visual novel guys, if you haven't.
KlapKlapJul 9, 2016 10:49 AM
Jul 9, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2010
Scenes with Akane - my life is completed :).
Parfait scene with Lucia was nicely adapted.
Felt rushed almost like the previous episode but most importantly it's still very enjoyable.
Jul 9, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
Volarer said:
Hongu said:

>not a shounen
>not a shounen
>not a shounen
>not a shounen

MagicalMahouJul 9, 2016 10:49 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.