Forum Settings
Forums

What will happen to WSJ once Bleach left it......

New
Jul 7, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2016
Bleach is ending soon...
and a lot of entertaining manga in WSJ is gone or on the way to it in the last few years.
let me state it.

Naruto - END
Bleach - END
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - END
Kuroko no Basket - END
Hunter x Hunter - Back to Hiatus
Nisekoi - Near Ending
Toriko - Near Ending
Gintama - Near Ending (possibly a final arc is starting)

a few pillar or trademark of WSJ slowly starting to disappear one by one
what do you think will happen to WSJ and will their new title will take over the big 3 and reach it's realm ?
from what i think the one who has the best chance to step into it is BNHA. behind it we have Shokugeki no Souma, Haikyuu, World Trigger, Hinomaru Zumou, Black Clover, and Samon the Summoner(promising new title)

i don't think all the other title is bad but it's still not popular enough to compete with one piece...yet

Jul 12, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
they'll simply fill the spot with a new title like they do every few months anyways....

i think you're giving bleach too many credits. it's one of the least popular WSJ titles (always one of the worst ranked manga) and the only reason it didn't get axed was because it was once popular and still has a solid (paying) fanbase.
sales of shokugeki no souma vol17 > sales of bleach vol71

the big3 is not relevant anymore (and probably never was) since naruto is finished and bleach kinda "lost its position".

"i don't think all the other title is bad but it's still not popular enough to compete with one piece...yet"
nothing is big enough to compete with one piece. one piece alone doubles the sales of naruto and bleach combined.
the latest Hunter X Hunter volume and haikyuu are almost on the same sales level as naruto tho and shokugeki no souma and boku no hero academia are on the same level as bleach
Jul 12, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2015
Is toriko near ending now? I should catch up to it already...
Nisekoi too... at last, I guess.
Jul 12, 2016 9:41 AM
Oct 2011
I'm pretty sure people asked themselves the same when Dragonball ended. Old eras end, new begin. Nothing new here. There are a lot of new titles in the magazine that has a lot of potential, Jump is not dead because a couple of series are over. This is not the first time something like this happened.
Jul 12, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
One Piece will continue to carry them regardless of what happens, similar to Shounen Sunday and Detective Conan
Jul 12, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Well we might hope for some new good shounen series. I also think that WSJ is getting what it deserves for cancelling countless series in the past, some of which were very good(e.g. Beelzebub, Psyren, etc.)
Jul 12, 2016 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
No one cares about Bleach anymore and it should have end sooner. I don't think the old manga are that good and any new series can easily replace them if done right.

Jul 16, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2015
Gintama has entered into its final arc, so it's most likely ging to end this year or beginning of next year.
Nisekoi has most likely some chaptes left before ending.

After, they are gone, there's already BNHA, Shokugeki no Soma and Black Clover that will stand as Jump's "pillars". Though it's not necessary with OP still having the best selling rate. OP all alone could sustain Jump as one of the most popular magazine in Japan......... even if OP is bad :P
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Jul 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
World Trigger - might move to monthly if the mangaka's health doesn't improve.
Haikyuu - might end around ch 300 (if the mangaka doesn't continue past year 1)
Souma - had a badly received string of chapters, so it isn't guaranteed to last either.

Simar said:

bleach vol 73 > sns vol 19

Jerkhov said:
One Piece will continue to carry them regardless of what happens, similar to Shounen Sunday and Detective Conan

You mean dropping from 2 million circulation to 300K? kek
Jul 16, 2016 3:45 PM

Feb 2016
Nothing will change to be honest.
Bleach has been completely irrelevant in Jump since late 2014.

Assassin Classroom ending was what hit Jump the hardest this year and bleach and them lot ending won't even come close to it.

Ass Class ended with a really high average rank,its was still as popular as ever in Jump, while bleach and them lot have been in the bottom for quite some time.
Jul 16, 2016 7:29 PM

Apr 2016
ichii_1 said:

Simar said:

bleach vol 73 > sns vol 19

i think it's because bleach manga coming to an end otherwise souma still win

Candor said:
I'm pretty sure people asked themselves the same when Dragonball ended. Old eras end, new begin. Nothing new here. There are a lot of new titles in the magazine that has a lot of potential, Jump is not dead because a couple of series are over. This is not the first time something like this happened.

you might be right
let's hope the 'new era' of WSJ will be worth it
harkan said:
Nothing will change to be honest.
Bleach has been completely irrelevant in Jump since late 2014.

Assassin Classroom ending was what hit Jump the hardest this year and bleach and them lot ending won't even come close to it.

Ass Class ended with a really high average rank,its was still as popular as ever in Jump, while bleach and them lot have been in the bottom for quite some time.

i agree ass class is the one with the largest impact this year
Jul 17, 2016 3:41 AM

Apr 2010
There was a case if massive people stopping to read a magazine for a single story (Sherlock Holmes), but I guess it's pretty rare. I think there are other good titles to cover it up.

Jul 19, 2016 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
EfiChan said:
There was a case if massive people stopping to read a magazine for a single story (Sherlock Holmes), but I guess it's pretty rare. I think there are other good titles to cover it up.
even if this would happen to the WSJ, bleach would not be the cause of this... the only manga that could manage to do this would be one piece but even that would be unlikely..

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

373 by Yuki135 »»
6 hours ago

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
8 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
9 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
9 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.