Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2016 3:36 AM

Jan 2016
Currently 24 episodes in and honestly while I found the first arc somewhat enjoyable this current arc has been not enjoyable at all in my opinion. Can I expect this show to get better after the current arc is over. I don't know when the current arc ends but since there is a recap episode at episode 29 I am going to assume that this current arc should end by episode 28.

Jul 3, 2016 3:39 AM

Jul 2012
Yorknew City Arc.
Jul 3, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2015
Hello!
If you are in episode 24 that means you are at the 'Zoldyck Family Arc.' That's the shortest one.

The arcs go like this:
  • Ep 1-21 Hunter Exam Arc [*Ep 13 is recap]
  • Ep 22-25 Zoldyck Family Arc
  • Ep 26 is recap
  • Ep 27-36 Heaven's Arena Arc
  • Ep 37-59 Yorkshin City Arc [This is the arc most people like apparently]
  • Ep 60-75 Greed Island Arc
  • Ep 76-135 Chimera Ant Arc [Super long arc, and a lot of people don't like it at first. ]
  • Ep 136-148 Chairman Election Arc

I personally started liking the series at around episode four, so I can't really say much since it still hasn't convinced you. What was it that you liked the most about the first arc if I may ask?

Jul 3, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
Yorkshin is overall the best arc, but the best episodes come from the Chimara Ant arc
Jul 3, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2013
40 onwards but things start to get heated up around 30/35.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jul 3, 2016 2:25 PM

Nov 2012
Exam and Zoldyck where nice arcs too tho.
Jul 3, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2015
Depends what your looking for...?
Sup...
Jul 3, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
Depends on what kind of mentality you have:

Can you write a summary on episode 19?

Answers are: Episode 1 if one's into stories of depth and never if a person's into mindless shonen soap operas.
End Zionazism
Jul 3, 2016 6:26 PM

Aug 2012
by episode 30-32 I got into it.

Mayuka said:
Yorknew City Arc.

The first arc where I was completely invested in the show.
Jul 4, 2016 2:31 AM

Nov 2013
Mikasa said:
Depends on what kind of mentality you have:

Can you write a summary on episode 19?

Answers are: Episode 1 if one's into stories of depth and never if a person's into mindless shonen soap operas.

I'm agree, I had been liked the series even since the very first episode because I know very well the characters of HxH since it's my childhood anime, it feels nostalgic to see kurapika, gon, leorio, and killua around eps 4..
it become my greatest anime ever since rewatching chimera ant arc, beating FMAB in my list..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 4, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2016
I liked it since episode 1. I'm not a believer that you have to get to a certain episode to enjoy something actually. I did that for steins gate. I watched it all and I'm not a big fan. So if you already watched a few and don't like it. Stop watching it. Save your time for anime that you do enjoy. Life is too short to watch anime you don't like watching no matter how much other people like it.
-Lisa-
Jul 4, 2016 9:04 AM

Feb 2015
Be patient and HxH will find a place in your favourite list before you know it
Jul 4, 2016 11:02 AM
Feb 2013
Necromia said:
by episode 30-32 I got into it.

I agree, I started getting more into HxH around these episodes. I say keep on watching it, because it does get really good. I was in a similar position as you when I first started HxH, I didn't see what the big deal was. However, I'm at episode 44 right now and wow, it's really gotten good. Just give it a chance man, you'll get into it eventually.
Jul 5, 2016 6:57 PM
Jul 2016
I personally started liking it since episode 1 although everyones different personally i think heavens arena arc is also an arc most people will start to get drawn into the show due to the introduction to *SPOILER ALERT* nen
Jul 5, 2016 11:23 PM

Feb 2016
HunterxHunter for me was great from the very start, but I truly fell in love with it during the Heaven's Arena arc ( which is where u should be at now). But if u still don't like it after that then I would advise you to drop it.
Jul 6, 2016 2:10 AM

Mar 2012
JonasTheJay said:

Anyone who says "It gets good with Yorknew" is one of those fans who just want action and are into HxH for the wrong reasons. (Aka shonen fans)
End Zionazism
Jul 6, 2016 7:50 AM

Feb 2015
Mikasa said:
JonasTheJay said:

Anyone who says "It gets good with Yorknew" is one of those fans who just want action and are into HxH for the wrong reasons. (Aka shonen fans)

Hey, I never said that. I actually liked HxH from the very beginning, but that's probably because I already watched the old version beforehand. I thought the exam arc was way better than in the old version though.
Jul 6, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2015
Lol, it's normal for long series to have up and down arc, just keep watchin' it dude

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 6, 2016 10:04 AM

Jun 2015
Im still watching this and i just finished the yorknew arc. Honestly I found it hard to believe this show was as good as people said. Hunter exam arc was as cliche as any other long running shounen and just wasnt very fun. Pretty mediocre imo. Same for the Zoldyck family arc. If i had to give a mal score for each arc i would give them both a 5. Heaven's arena was only slightly better so i would give it a 6. The first episode i actually got engaged to the anime was episode 32 where they spent the whole episode explaining a fight. After that i got bored for the rest of the arc until the Yorknew city arc which is like episode 40. This is where is gets good and you will get fully invested in the story and characters. I would probably give this arc a 9. If the rest of the series could be as good as that arc i can probably end up giving this a 9. So, so far i would say that it is worth your time to get through about 40 episodes of slog to get to the good stuff because if the rest of the show could be as good as the yorknew arc then it will definitely be worth it
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jul 6, 2016 10:12 AM
Aug 2014
I would say keep watching, you will really enjoy the Yorknew City arc. Just trust me on this. However, I would say skip Greed Island, it really, really killed the tone that was set by Yorknew. You'll know an episode or two into Greed Island that it's not worth watching, especially if you weren't a huge fan of the first few arcs. Skip to Chimera Ant after Yorknew.
Jul 6, 2016 10:25 AM

Jun 2016
SquishyPaste said:
I would say keep watching, you will really enjoy the Yorknew City arc. Just trust me on this. However, I would say skip Greed Island, it really, really killed the tone that was set by Yorknew. You'll know an episode or two into Greed Island that it's not worth watching, especially if you weren't a huge fan of the first few arcs. Skip to Chimera Ant after Yorknew.

I agree that Greed Island is flawed, but I don't recommend skipping it. There are a lot of important developments in the arc that shouldn't be missed out on.

Jul 6, 2016 10:26 AM

Mar 2015
I think this show gets really good at around 1st minute of the first episode. Hunter Exam arc is great, I don't understand why so many people think it's a bad start. I really don't. It's a perfect way to introduce us to this world, to present characters to us and to set our expectations. What more do people want from an arc such as this? I don't see how we're supposed to answer your question. What did you dislike so far and what do you want from this series? How about you give some details.
BliuTigerJul 6, 2016 10:32 AM
Jul 6, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
I fell in love with it at the start of the Hunter Exam (episode 3 or 4). A lot of anime (especially battle shonens) have trouble introducing its characters and to see revelations with each character every episode coupled with the development they received with each challenge was fantastic.
Jul 6, 2016 12:31 PM

Jun 2014
Mikasa said:
JonasTheJay said:

Hunter Exams had tons of action and so did Heaven's Arena especially, Yorknew City had significantly less action and for the most part focused on planning, espionage, and executing plans. Although it did have tons of action moments, such as the heavily noted Kurapika vs Uvogin and Spiders Riot, the majority of it is not full on fights.
Jul 6, 2016 3:53 PM
May 2015
Around episode 39 it starts getting pretty dope. At Chimera Ant arc it becomes the best thing ever, simple as that.
Jul 6, 2016 11:47 PM

Feb 2013
I loved HxH from the beginning. I knew it was a masterpiece by the end of Chimera Arc.
✈️
Jul 8, 2016 8:08 AM
Nov 2015
While the show is already pretty darn good during the first arc, the second arc is a noticeable drop in quality. The supporting cast isn't as interesting. And the exposition gets almost excruciating. Though it is important to watch this arc or you will not understand a lot of the plot of the rest of the series.

Anyway, you can expect the show to get really good again at episode 39, which is the start of the Yorknew City Arc. Which is the best arc of all in my opinion. Though that's mostly because the main four are back together in this arc, and I love their chemistry and Kurapika's development is completely center-stage. After this arc we go into the Greed Island arc, which is probably the most Gon and Killua centric arc in the series, while this arc is no where near the quality of the Yorknew City Arc, it is still entertaining and has a wonderfully explosive and tense climax. Then the Chimera Ant Arc is amazing.

So yeah. Episode 39 is when the show starts to get REALLY good.
Jul 8, 2016 8:14 AM
Nov 2015
Mikasa said:
JonasTheJay said:

I disagree. Yorknew is great not because it gets super action-y (there is definitely action, I'm not denying that) but there's always a reason for the action. It's never just there to be there. There's always a narrative purpose or a character development purpose. And the supporting characters for this arc are some of the best in the series. Plus Kurapika's development in this arc is really what makes it shine. Not so much that there's a ton a violence.

Like, in the ONE SCENE where he kills Uvo, Kurapika gets more development than the entire cast of The Asterisk War. Seriously.
Jul 9, 2016 4:16 AM
May 2012
Ratchetdude231 said:
Currently 24 episodes in and honestly while I found the first arc somewhat enjoyable this current arc has been not enjoyable at all in my opinion. Can I expect this show to get better after the current arc is over. I don't know when the current arc ends but since there is a recap episode at episode 29 I am going to assume that this current arc should end by episode 28.

I'm gonna say finish it and see for yourself. I'm just gonna say that in my opinion, it's a disappointment. Like how many people claim HxH to be a masterpiece is just beyond me.
The Yorknew arc is where it gets pretty enjoyable, but the Chimera Ant arc is just pretty bad.
Jul 9, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2015
From episode 1 to 148 its a fucking masterpiece.
Jul 18, 2016 1:15 AM
May 2010
Ironically, I dropped it after Yorkshin because I was fed up with the shounen cliches this bullshit was feeding me.
Jul 21, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2016
Sadly never, its one of the most overrated anime I have ever watched.
Jul 21, 2016 9:58 AM

Jan 2016
Omni_slash95 said:

Yeah honestly I decided to drop it a while ago.

Jul 27, 2016 8:04 PM

Feb 2011
I personally thought it got good when Hisoka started killing people in the fog during the run. That's when I realized this show wouldn't be pulling punches (hehe see what I did there?).

Anyway, jokes aside, the moments of Gon V Hisoka really hooked me into the show. Until then, it was just enjoyable/good but not great. It became great with Hisoka's antics, then it became phenomenal when you said the comradery and friendship and hugely uphill battles of the four heroes. God, I can't wait til they reunite again. Their accomplishments together at Yorknew against an organization like the Spiders was fucking amazing.
Jul 29, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2015
Rogue_DeWolff said:
Ironically, I dropped it after Yorkshin because I was fed up with the shounen cliches this bullshit was feeding me.
Even though it deconstructs a lot of Shounen Cliches, and plz learn the difference between Tropes and Cliches when you try to be "critical" on things
Sup...
Jul 29, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2015
Ratchetdude231 said:
Omni_slash95 said:

Yeah honestly I decided to drop it a while ago.
Top 3 arcs ever... http://wrongeverytime.com/2014/08/04/imperfect-beings-hunter-x-hunter-and-the-chimera-ant/
Sup...
Jul 30, 2016 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
The scene where hisoka goes on a killing spree, ofc. His bloodlust was enough for me to convince that this show has something out of the box. And the scene in yorknew where chrollo plays the bandmaster while the troupe goes on a massacre told me it is on it's way to become a masterpiece and rightly so.
Jul 31, 2016 1:40 PM
May 2010
SenpaiJay98 said:
Rogue_DeWolff said:
Even though it deconstructs a lot of Shounen Cliches, and plz learn the difference between Tropes and Cliches when you try to be "critical" on things

lol I wasn't trying to be "critical" on anything, you fucking moron. If you don't like what I dislike, tough. Go fuck yourself.
Aug 11, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2016
Alright I think I am going to give this show another chance. If it doesn't get good by episode 50 I am dropping it.

Aug 15, 2016 9:54 AM
Jan 2015
Yorknew City arc is the best arc I've seen in an anime. Phantom Troupe is dope. Unfortunately with Hunter x Hunter each arc is very different from one another, so some might appeal to you more than others.

I hated the Chimera ant arc, because it takes so many episodes of buildup and a large majority of the characters that have been introduced to us aren't in it. If you're really bored in the beginning and not too invested just skip to the end. The conclusion of that arc is even better than the Yorknew City arc, but I thought the buildup wasn't worth it.

Last arc is shit. Greed Island is ok. Skip them if you want to.
Aug 15, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2015
If you kids think HxH is overrated, you need to get your brain checked.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.