Forum Settings
Forums

Option to sort manga and anime lists by "date added"

New
Would a "date added" sorting option on your manga and anime lists be helpful to you?
Jul 2, 2016 11:12 PM

Dec 2013
I always run into the dilemma where I want to read the manga that I added to my list a few days back but can't remember the name of. I end up having to click on each entry until I find the one I want. If there was the option to sort our manga and anime by the time it was added, I wouldn't have to do that.

Would you guys find this helpful as well?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. ~That Nietzsche guy
Jul 3, 2016 4:22 AM

Jan 2016
I'd find it useful, definitely; for challenges I find myself often needing to figure out when I started something (since I never remember to input start date)- this would help a lot.
Jul 3, 2016 5:01 AM

Jun 2015
OMG yes this would be the best thing.

Then I don't have to spend 50 years on searching which anime to watch next.
This should happen!
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 3, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2008
Try: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Souphead?order=5
And I guess you can do the same with your manga list.
Jul 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
The anime one works fine but I am not so sure about the manga one, I tried it on my list but didn't see any sorting or change. In my defense, my manga list is pretty small so my input might by invalid.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 3, 2016 11:17 AM

Jun 2008
For manga order=3 seems to work.
Jul 3, 2016 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
Yes it works. If I am not mistaken you're sorting them by "starting date" right? I have those columns disabled but I guess it works like that. Tag the OP, I never wanted this feature anyway :P
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
Jul 3, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2013
kuchitsu said:
Try: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Souphead?order=5
And I guess you can do the same with your manga list.

Thanks, Kuchitsu. I thought that "last updated" would sort the entries by when they were added to the MAL database, but I guess I was incorrect.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. ~That Nietzsche guy
Jul 21, 2016 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
This should be an obvious feature. Would love to be able to sort it for specific lists too, though - like "Completed", "Plan To Watch", etc. Would love to be able to order by when I finished an anime and not just by when I last edited the item.
It might be just me not finding it though. This new design to the list is getting me a bit confused, and for some reason I cannot edit the CSS, when there is an option for doing so.

(Sorry for "necroing" this thread, but the sticky thread said to search for it, and I found it here).
Jul 26, 2016 3:51 AM

Feb 2016
Fexell said:
This should be an obvious feature. Would love to be able to sort it for specific lists too, though - like "Completed", "Plan To Watch", etc. Would love to be able to order by when I finished an anime and not just by when I last edited the item.
It might be just me not finding it though. This new design to the list is getting me a bit confused, and for some reason I cannot edit the CSS, when there is an option for doing so.

(Sorry for "necroing" this thread, but the sticky thread said to search for it, and I found it here).

As far as i know there is a feature that lets you add the date you watched/finished an anime. What i would love to see is to be able to sort the list by studios and mean score.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 5, 2016 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Dishonest said:
Fexell said:

As far as i know there is a feature that lets you add the date you watched/finished an anime. What i would love to see is to be able to sort the list by studios and mean score.

It's just that I have noticed if you happened to edit an anime-item in the list, the "finish"-date kind of gets edited too. Meaning if I edit my first anime watched, it will appear as my last added anime.

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
55 minutes ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.