Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
This will serve as the replacement for the Pre-Anime Release thread.
With Episode 1 making it's debut tomorrow, now is a great time to start discussing some predictions!

Thread where we can discuss the anime, visual novel, compare contrast, discuss the current episode, etc. Talk about your predictions, hopes, fears, etc. And of course, memes :D
General Rewrite discussion is welcomed too! Though, let's try to avoid derailing the thread (that was the main problem that happened later on in the first thread).
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Pages (37) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2016 1:47 PM

May 2016
From the interviews and the latest pv it would seem that the plot of the Kagari route is going to unfold very differently to what we have seen in the visual novel, it will however contain certain elements from the heroine routes (The Shizuru vs Lucia fight, for example). How well this will turn out is uncertain, but I have (possibly unjustified) faith in Tensho to do this right.

Also, this song feels appropriate.

Jul 1, 2016 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Tenshou's passion for Rewrite is definitely something to not dismiss. Despite we're not getting everything we had hoped for for this adaptation. I still think that Tenshou will be able to convey Rewrite's message and atmosphere quite well.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 1:55 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, i have very little hopes in Rewrite, i had a lot of optimism when it was announced, but after seeing the studio and the planned amount of episodes, i don't see how this could be a good adaption.
Literally every Key adaption of a visual novel besides air(Which was a very short Visual novel) has been longer than one cour long
For Example
Kanon(2006)-24 episodes
Clannad- 2 seasons.... Total of 47 episodes
Little Busters-2 seasons plus an 8 episode OVA series.... Total of 47 episodes
So why is it that rewrite, which is an extremely long Visual novel, easily Key's largest is only getting 13 episodes? Makes very little sense.
Jul 1, 2016 2:02 PM

Jun 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Honestly, i have very little hopes in Rewrite, i had a lot of optimism when it was announced, but after seeing the studio and the planned amount of episodes, i don't see how this could be a good adaption.
Literally every Key adaption of a visual novel besides air(Which was a very short Visual novel) has been longer than one cour long
For Example
Kanon(2006)-24 episodes
So why is it that rewrite, which is an extremely long Visual novel, easily Key's largest is only getting 13 episodes? Makes very little sense.

well the 13 episodes is for the first season only, there might be a second season.

also regarding the 13 episode decision, I think it was made because if they adapt all the routes and keep resetting time, things would feel inconsistent in anime format, also the uniforms are so hard to draw therefore if they get shit tons of episodes the quality would drop a lot, thats why they decided to make an original route which captures the world view of Rewrite and develops all the characters in one run, I think that they might do Moon and Terra in a second season.
Jul 1, 2016 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
For Example
Kanon(2006)-24 episodes

It's been heavily implied by Morita (Kotarou's VA) that it'll be a split cour. At the pre-screening event, he said something like "Up to episode 7 is half of half the story". So essentially a quarter. That means 28 episodes max in my eyes; but it'll probably be 26.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 2:06 PM

May 2016
SakurasouBusters said:

It is quite likely that rewrite may not be only 13 episodes but a split 2-cour. We have no official confirmation for the exact number of episodes, and the BD listings on the official website lacks a "全巻購入特典" item which should be present for animes that have announced all of it's volumes.

I do undertand the disappointment though, still I personally would like to wait for it to air before deciding if I should drop my hopes or hold on to it.
Jul 1, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
I have faith in Tensho's passion for Rewrite.

And i can't fucking wait to see the opening animated. I'm expecting a lot from him since Grisaia's opening was fricking awesome.
Jul 1, 2016 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
Murasa22 said:
I have faith in Tensho's passion for Rewrite.

And i can't fucking wait to see the opening animated. I'm expecting a lot from him since Grisaia's opening was fricking awesome.

I don't think we'll see the opening this episode. Perhaps at the very end of the episode though! But probably not animated, might just be for credits or something.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 2:13 PM
Dec 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
For Example
Kanon(2006)-24 episodes

It will be longer than one cour!
We already discussed it.
It will be longer than 24 episodes.
We didn't get any information about terra and moon yet
Jul 1, 2016 2:26 PM

Sep 2014
zaidk said:

It will be longer than one cour!

It will be longer than 24 episodes.

...? What? 24 episodes is two cours.

It's implied, but we don't know if it's longer than one cour.
Jul 1, 2016 2:28 PM

Jun 2013
Hey like i said, i have very little hope(more than anything, it has to do wit the studio and how badly they butchered the last visual novel adaptation they did) but i am still hoping that im surprised, so im preparing for disappointment so if it turns out to be good, it'll be a nice surprise.
Jul 1, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Hey like i said, i have very little hope(more than anything, it has to do wit the studio and how badly they butchered the last visual novel adaptation they did) but i am still hoping that im surprised, so im preparing for disappointment so if it turns out to be good, it'll be a nice surprise.

That's the mindset a lot of people (Especially VN readers) should be taking with this enigma.

We don't know how this is going to turn out.
Jul 1, 2016 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
exleader75 said:
SakurasouBusters said:

That's the mindset a lot of people (Especially VN readers) should be taking with this enigma.

Agreed..... if nothing else, there shouldn't be a way for this to be as badly butchered as Grasia
Jul 1, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
exleader75 said:

Agreed..... if nothing else, there shouldn't be a way for this to be as badly butchered as Grasia

Don't remind me... :<

I'll still haven't gotten over that. I already ranted enough times about that adaptation...
Jul 1, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2013
If we do get that followup season, Moon/Terra will be great
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
exleader75 said:
SakurasouBusters said:

Don't remind me... :<

I'll still haven't gotten over that. I already ranted enough times about that adaptation...

I can understand that..... I made it to like episode 8 because even as an anime only viewer i could tell how badly it was being messed up.... and then after playing the Grasia... i could understand why everyone was pissed about it!
Jul 1, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
I am going to cry since they aren't gonna show us the feely routes
DAMN Kotori :"( Chibimoth, Sakuya
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 1, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
If we do get that followup season, Moon/Terra will be great

Yeah hopefully.... i was just really looking forward to the anime showing how great the character routes are
Jul 1, 2016 2:42 PM
Dec 2014
Moon and terra aren't that long.
So 12 episodes are enough to finish them.
So why did morita say that episode 7 is half of the half?
Maybe the first 13 episodes won't conclude the kagari route (just speculation)
Jul 1, 2016 2:42 PM

Jun 2013
Mirotokiwa said:
I am going to cry since they aren't gonna show us kotori route and Chihaya route and the death of Sakuya.

I know this isn't going to happen, but i was thinking it migh be great to have the first season be the common route.... then have like a 2 cour second season with the character rputes.... and then a third 13 episode season for Moon/Terra
I know it's not going to happen... But let me dream!
Jul 1, 2016 2:43 PM

Sep 2015
I have faith in the anime. Even if it's only 13 episodes, it'll still be fun to see all the characters again.

Jul 1, 2016 2:43 PM

May 2016
SakurasouBusters said:

That's a perfectly reasonable mindset to have, given the circumstances. Just be mindful of the fact that another season is very much possible, and there is no confirmation that there will be 13 episodes only. While people have different expectations of the anime, it will have to wait for the actual thing to air before deciding if they match.
Jul 1, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
kruskal21 said:
SakurasouBusters said:

That's a perfectly reasonable mindset to have, given the circumstances. Just be mindful of the fact that another season is very much possible, and there is no confirmation that there will be 13 episodes only. While people have different expectations of the anime, it will have to wait for the actual thing to air before deciding if they match.

Thats a very good point! There is always a chance to be surprised.
Jul 1, 2016 2:47 PM

Jul 2013
kruskal21 said:
SakurasouBusters said:

Basically if we don't see Moon in it's full glory by half-way in, it's safe to assume we'll get a second season.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
Might as well ask this here, do any of you guys know ho fix this issue with SiglusEngine?

I've tried to install Rewrite several times already from various sites but this damn engine keeps stopping me from starting it, I tried downloading other .exes of the same engine but to no avail.
Jul 1, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
SuperRed said:
Might as well ask this here, do any of you guys know ho fix this issue with SiglusEngine?

I've tried to install Rewrite several times already from various sites but this damn engine keeps stopping me from starting it, I tried downloading other .exes of the same engine but to no avail.

Did you apply the english patch? It should fix several things of this kind.
Jul 1, 2016 2:59 PM

Nov 2012
VierMill said:
SuperRed said:

Yeah, I tried both the 3rd and the 4th already.
Jul 1, 2016 3:00 PM

Nov 2013
SuperRed said:
VierMill said:

Did you do the installation with Japanese Locale, Applocale or similar?
Did you install using administration rights?
Jul 1, 2016 3:07 PM

Nov 2012
VierMill said:
SuperRed said:

Yes to both, my computer is set to Japanese locale and I ran it as Administrator, nothing.
Jul 1, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
Also everyone, don't worry about using spoiler tags. I've got a big 'spoilers' sign for the thread's title!
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
SuperRed said:
VierMill said:

Yes to both, my computer is set to Japanese locale and I ran it as Administrator, nothing.

Weird, I reinstalled Rewrite lately too and I didn't have that kind of problem, I can't manage to think of anything else, sorry for not being of help, I hope someone else can resolve the problem.

What's your OS? Maybe you can ask someone who shares it, I have no trouble with Windows 7 64-bit
Jul 1, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
VierMill said:
SuperRed said:

Weird, I reinstalled Rewrite lately too and I didn't have that kind of problem, I can't manage to think of anything else, sorry for not being of help, I hope someone else can resolve the problem.

What's your OS? Maybe you can ask someone who shares it, I have no trouble with Windows 7 64-bit

SuperRed, send me a PM; I might be able to help you (I don't know if we're allowed to talk about downloads/torrents and stuff like that on here anyway)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 1, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2015
Always be prepared for the worst and be pleased if they manage to not screw up.

I will watch tomorrow a bit wary.
Jul 1, 2016 4:37 PM
Jun 2011
SakurasouBusters said:
kruskal21 said:

Thats a very good point! There is always a chance to be surprised.
since they going for original kagari route it possible we will have lot of original scences and not many from the VN so i think since it anime original most of the episodes 13 will be enough
Jul 1, 2016 4:52 PM

Jun 2015
Woooo, new thread!

Also, who's up for hosting the rabb.it stream at around 7pm GMT? Seems like fun :P
Jul 1, 2016 4:59 PM

Jun 2014
SuperRed said:

Did you open"Rewrite.bat" as an administrator?

Rewrite wouldn't worth if you don't do that, though you will need to do it only once, after that you will always open Rewrite using siglus engine.
Jul 1, 2016 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
Just saw this after I finished with ReLIFE episode 7 Lol.

Hey, I will be coming here rather a bit late tomorrow when Rewrite comes out. Hopefully I can join even being late, regardless of how it turns out.
Jul 1, 2016 5:26 PM
Dec 2011
Codica said:
Woooo, new thread!

Also, who's up for hosting the rabb.it stream at around 7pm GMT? Seems like fun :P

I am up for it since i use it a lot and it's really simple to use. Do we have the number of the people who want to watch it via rabb.it yet? and if someone has a chruncyroll account it would be great.
Jul 1, 2016 5:33 PM

Mar 2016
I would like to join the stream if it does happen
Jul 1, 2016 5:42 PM

Jun 2015
XaR1S said:
Codica said:
Woooo, new thread!

I am up for it since i use it a lot and it's really simple to use. Do we have the number of the people who want to watch it via rabb.it yet? and if someone has a chruncyroll account it would be great.

Awesome, thanks!

To be honest, I have absolutely no clue whether we're going to hit that 25-user cap or not, sorry. We can always switch to hitbox or something. Kagari.moe gets between 50 to 60 different users a day, so this might be an actual problem...

I don't have a crunchyroll account either, but if nobody shows up with one (which I doubt will happen) Anilinkz.tv might have a source up by 7.
Jul 1, 2016 5:50 PM

Apr 2014
I'm looking forward to the anime naturally.

But I'm not gonna be following any discussion on MAL anymore. The previous medathread had some good decent discussion going on, then at a certain point it was getting jumped on by trolls/haters and it just went rock-bottom as the mods intervened. I will however be following the discussion on ANN about Rewrite, because I predict it'll definitely be picked up for Streaming Reviews.

I'm gonna use Kagari.moe for new information/interviews/magazine info on Rewrite. It's a great website that compiled the information: https://kagari.moe/

I also look forward to the Rewrite Compilation Reactions by those two channels that go out of there way to get them.
Jul 1, 2016 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
RaylenCypher said:

But I'm not gonna be following any discussion on MAL anymore. The previous medathread had some good decent discussion going on, then at a certain point it was getting jumped on by trolls/haters and it just went rock-bottom as the mods intervened. I will however be following the discussion on ANN about Rewrite, because I predict it'll definitely be picked up for Streaming Reviews.

I'm gonna use Kagari.moe for new information/interviews/magazine info on Rewrite. It's a great website that compiled the information: https://kagari.moe/

I also look forward to the Rewrite Compilation Reactions by those two channels that go out of there way to get them.

Awww that's disappointing to hear that you won't join the discussion... But we can talk around sometime, right? .x.

(Tho I don't tend to follow ANN that much)
Jul 1, 2016 6:13 PM
Dec 2011
Codica said:
XaR1S said:

Awesome, thanks!

To be honest, I have absolutely no clue whether we're going to hit that 25-user cap or not, sorry. We can always switch to hitbox or something. Kagari.moe gets between 50 to 60 different users a day, so this might be an actual problem...

I don't have a crunchyroll account either, but if nobody shows up with one (which I doubt will happen) Anilinkz.tv might have a source up by 7.

I made a participation form here http://goo.gl/forms/BwK0utDVL4gIdJED3 . Whoever wants to watch rewrite on rabb.it with other people from here just write your MAL name and apply and we will see from there i guess.
Jul 1, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2015
I won't join discussion either (Everybody happy? Good).
Reasons are obvious: 1) I'm gonna be late to the party, and 2) What for? It's gonna be Charlotte "discussion" ver. 2.0 - a bunch of defenders vs. Sea of Flames.
Jul 1, 2016 7:26 PM
Jun 2016
Hey guys! I drew my favorite part of the vn using mspaint! Pls Rate!
Also MAJOR SPOILERS!
Jul 1, 2016 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
Reynardd said:
Also MAJOR SPOILERS!

Uh... Weird/10
Spoiler here too.

Jul 1, 2016 7:46 PM
Dec 2014
Reynardd said:
Also MAJOR SPOILERS!

It isn't even funny -_-
Jul 1, 2016 7:47 PM

Apr 2014
TheLittleRedHero said:
RaylenCypher said:

Awww that's disappointing to hear that you won't join the discussion... But we can talk around sometime, right? .x.

(Tho I don't tend to follow ANN that much)

Of course, you're welcome.

I know Zayd, Sanata, Zyryro, etc will most likely be discussing this also on ANN, since I see them on the forums related to Rewrite posting. (Plus Zayd is always tipping ANN about stuff, lol)
Jul 1, 2016 7:47 PM

Jul 2013
Another thing too everyone, let's try to avoid flooding the episode discussions. I remember that being a problem in the UBW forums when it was airing; lots of VN readers an anime onlies arguing and whatnot
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Pages (37) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.