Forum Settings
Forums

what do you wish would change about anime in general?

New
Jun 30, 2016 9:56 PM
Mar 2016
what the title says, what do you think?
user5265111Sep 13, 2016 8:23 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2016 9:58 PM

Feb 2015
I would erase the ecchi genre completely, and just improve overall anime quality... also make all animes follow the fucking manga (if they are made from one that it)
Jun 30, 2016 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
Increase the amount of ecchi anime and generic light novel adaptations released to add salt to everyone's salty wounds.
Jun 30, 2016 10:04 PM

Jun 2016
Kaneki-Uta said:
I would erase the ecchi genre completely, and just improve overall anime quality... also make all animes follow the fucking manga (if they are made from one that it)
Well there needs to be filler in long running shonens unless they have perfect pacing to never pass the manga, but for things like akame ga kill i agree, but still the original FMA anime was still great in it own way even with a filler ending.
Jun 30, 2016 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
Maybe decrease the amount of fanservice? Don't get me wrong I enjoy them (to an extent), but sometimes they become excessive, irrelevant and/or unnecessary.

Jun 30, 2016 10:14 PM

May 2016
Kaneki-Uta said:

*GASP*...I, as a proud member of the Ecchi Illuminati, must eliminate you IMMEDIATELY!!!
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 30, 2016 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
Less CGI mecha anime

Who am I kidding though. In 10 years tops anime will be mostly if not all CGI.
Jun 30, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
Make Generic ecchi harem light novel adaptations to be good for once
Jun 30, 2016 10:16 PM

May 2015
I would change incomplete or unfaithful adaptations unless the adaptation are like Planetes where the original part expands and improves the world of the manga while still keeping the psychological part even though toned down.
zalJun 30, 2016 10:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
I wish that all episodes of seasonal anime(12 episodes maybe) be release all at once every three months. LOL
Jun 30, 2016 10:18 PM

Dec 2015
Erase ecchi harems. I would only allow ecchi harems in hentai.
Jun 30, 2016 10:19 PM

Mar 2015
more uncut ecchi for EVERYONE!!!!!
what
Jun 30, 2016 10:21 PM

May 2016
We must build a wall to separate those plebeian anime with serious and deep concept and plot from our glorious Ecchi, Harem and Moe centered anime.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 30, 2016 10:24 PM

Oct 2014
A bit more yuri would be nice. In general people making anime know what they're doing and small studios can generally only make their way into the industry with low-risk series such as moe and ecchi so removing those would make it much harder for new studios to debut making older studios the only studios.
Jun 30, 2016 10:28 PM

Jun 2016
- Less wish-fullfilment LNs and more LN that are actually has good story and good characters.
- More realistic fight scenes and no more "Pointless monologue and flashback in the middle of the fight" crap.
- More 3-dimensional characters and less archetype like Tsunderes, Transfer student, etc.
- Don't rush a good story.
- Show, don't tell.
Jun 30, 2016 10:34 PM

Sep 2015
Get rid of the 'majority of fantasy anime being rpg like' fantasy anime that are around now.
Jun 30, 2016 10:40 PM

Oct 2015
For starters, I want characters to act like real people.
Jun 30, 2016 10:49 PM

Dec 2015
Since the deportation of the OAVs original "trend" to the late night TV case, those late-night "daring" anime have been drastically reduced and replaced by another trend, leading to their quasi-disappearance.
What I wish would change? A new format could appear to welcome this type of projects so they can blossom again. Or it could be injected back in OAVs. Anything who could reanimate it.

Second thing: another element of the past (I know everyone will shout at me because it implies the besst is in the past but it doesn't). More full-length series again, because they are so rare now. (obviously, it would reduce the quantity of 13eps ones)

Third thing: a bit more of original projects? (I can dream)

@Zaphkiel_El_Rem Your wish was heard: the 13 Re-Life episodes are released all at once this july.
Rei_IIIJun 30, 2016 10:54 PM
Jun 30, 2016 10:56 PM
Jan 2013
FlatEight said:
Not even real people act like real people
Whaddup
gone bai bai
Jun 30, 2016 10:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
why am i even bothering to read the responses? i knew what i was going to see -____-

anyway, at this point i'd just increase the amount of ecchi shoved in peoples faces just to continually piss off the people who won't sip a cup of S-T-F-U....

"i'd get rid of ecchi"

hahaha...... fk you.....
Jun 30, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2015
Zeus- said:
for me it's blood and boobs for the sake of blood and boobs

now, I'm fine with fanservice and blood if it's fitting or creative, like in the Monogatari series, but then you get shows like Elfen Lied, which I gave a 1/10 because that's what is central to it. the story functions as an excuse to put blood and boobs everywhere and is secondary, lmao

Why the hate on ecchi? I'll have you know ecchi is love and ecchi is life~
Jun 30, 2016 11:00 PM

Nov 2015
I'd like characters to be written off real human beings and not pre-defined modules aka dere tropes..
Jun 30, 2016 11:02 PM
Dec 2015
It would definitely be that rushed feeling that 12 to 13 episode animes give off. Musaigen would have been perfect if they hadn't let the sentimental moments be so fleeting.
Jun 30, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
Blood is fine. You cut and shoot things and they bleed. Do you really want people just covered up in scratches or blood completely ignored like some cartoon or censored anime? I can understand not liking excessive blood or something grotesque like Elfen Lied.

I'd remove excessive fan-service and unnecessary sexualization. I can understand fan-service being funny in healthy doses but it's so overused in modern anime that I find it insulting at times.
Jun 30, 2016 11:12 PM

Mar 2015
Zeus- said:
MechaGuy said:
Less CGI mecha anime

Who am I kidding though. In 10 years tops anime will be mostly if not all CGI.
please be wrong

sitting through more of Berserk's jerky ass animation in every show that comes out would be a nightmare

CGI will improve over time. CGI used in the 80s looks godawful compared to today, and in a few years people will think the same of now.
Jun 30, 2016 11:16 PM

Oct 2015
Mkim said:
FlatEight said:
Whaddup

Exactly. Anime that take into account how people interact with each other, as opposed to idealized ways we think/want to interact.
Jun 30, 2016 11:17 PM
Jan 2013
FlatEight said:
Mkim said:
Whaddup

Exactly. Anime that take into account how people interact with each other, as opposed to idealized ways we think/want to interact.
Did you just switcharoo my switcharoo?
Holy shit

gone bai bai
Jun 30, 2016 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
The ony think I would change it's give sequels to all my favorites animes who doesn't have one.
Jun 30, 2016 11:28 PM

Jul 2015
That every single anime adaptation at least gets finished and follows the source material all the way through
Sup...
Jun 30, 2016 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
my only major complain about anime is the huge amount of school settings, so less school settings will be awesome for me
Jun 30, 2016 11:36 PM

May 2016
Nope, I disagree with the "I want characters to act like real people" notion...For starters, real people are boring AF!!!!!!!! Them there's the fact that many people got into anime because the characters are capable of being unrealistically quirky without casting aside all signs of human traits, providing a funny charm to them that people love so much...Of course you can have "real like" characters in " real like" series, but that's it...
Jun 30, 2016 11:37 PM

Feb 2015
WISH
my god, i already feel that this thread will be full of
"i wish they would erased ECCHI"

"i wish they would erased Harem"

"i wish they would erased loli"

"i wish they would erased Moe"

well, i'm glad that this topic just talking about wish. if not i would already snapped.
Jun 30, 2016 11:39 PM

Aug 2013
No more generic long name light novel adaptations
Jun 30, 2016 11:46 PM

Jan 2015
Minimize the amount of fucking lolis so anime fans don't look like pedos.
Jun 30, 2016 11:48 PM

Aug 2015
For Anime to stop playing it safe and start utilizing the time in each episode.

Ecchi - stop the damn fanservice skits. We have OVAs for that. Those precious minutes could have been used for developing a story, character, or an element of interesting dialog/action. Wasted frames.

Action - get some original concepts? What the hell happened to concepts such as alchemy [FMA], showing magic in an underused way [Toaru Majutsu no Index], detailed creature transformations and descriptions [Terraformars], etc.

Atm, from what I watch, those are the only things ruining the experience from me watching more anime titles or from rating them higher in scale to my enjoyment.

As I would say in American Speak

If i'm going to see boobies and explosions, they better the best looking boobies I have ever seen and when shit blows it, it better be fucking awesome

For those hating on it, Ecchi doesn't fucking matter. It's the god damn fan service and specifically the perverted scenes that are on the spot that are wasting time. Sexy outfit, fine. Showing cleavage when talking, fine. Spend 2-5 minutes circlejerking between Towels, Pantie shots, and peaking in baths, no. Just no.
LogicalInjusticeJun 30, 2016 11:51 PM
“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.”Lao Tzu

Jun 30, 2016 11:57 PM

Oct 2015
HyperL said:
Nope, I disagree with the "I want characters to act like real people" notion...For starters, real people are boring AF!!!!!!!! Them there's the fact that many people got into anime because the characters are capable of being unrealistically quirky without casting aside all signs of human traits, providing a funny charm to them that people love so much...Of course you can have "real like" characters in " real like" series, but that's it...

If by unrealistically quirky you mean categorizable, cookie-cutter personalities then yes I'd like to see less of that. With anime characters, most of the time, what you see is what you get.
Jul 1, 2016 12:01 AM

Apr 2013
OtakuZombie said:
Get rid of the 'majority of fantasy anime being rpg like' fantasy anime that are around now.
True,while fantasy should have no limits, it somehow stops with stuck-in-a-game/isekai when it comes to anime. I would like to see some more urban fantasy/low fantasy. (and of course also not the magic battle school kind...)

As for ecchi, I don't think we necessarily need less of it. I actually think it would be better to have like one show a season,that focuses only on ecchi. Like make it really simple. Just have a simple school setting,throw in some quirky characters and just make a show based on comedy and ecchi moments. It wont be everyones cup of tea, but i think making 1-2 very ecchi shows is better than putting some watered-down stuff like panty shots into every single other show. And simple SoL/romcom ecchi has become somewhat rare anyways,most of it is in form of magic battle school stuff.
Jul 1, 2016 12:19 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
I don't get why so many people are harping on getting rid of ecchi as a genre. It baffles me when guys say that, like seriously.
I think there's not enough ecchi fanservice anime out there now as there was in previous years.

More bouncing tits and pantsu shots for everyone please! XD
That's what I want.

Also, need more faithful adaptations especially of VN's. Stop with the half-assed adapts production studios.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Jul 1, 2016 12:53 AM

Jun 2010
I would like to have more content like Lain, Boogiepop, Psycho-Pass, 5pb ";" adaptations, etc. As for "what is their content like", I'll leave that answer for your own judgement.

I would not, however, "remove" genre this or theme that. Because they're not BS. Maybe I think they're BS, which is a prerogative of mine. However, by "removing" them, I would have done exactly the same Japan did with anything slightly more sophisticated a level than "easy-to-digest".*

Don't even bother pointing exceptions, for that would just make my complain more clear and direct: they are exceptions. Comparatively, they maybe look the same as ever, in absolute numbers. Considering, however, the expansion of Anime industry and how it keeps growing every day, that's way far from enough. Try pre-listing next season by genre/theme and sort out e.g. slices and fantasy releases scheduled, then compare with other "less-favoured" genres and/or themes that same season.

I wouldn't mind at all having 40 or 50 Valkyrie-Drive-like releases per season IFF my own preferences were satisfied as well. Depriving others from their own - even hypothetically, in a sense of "what-if" - would be just plain selfishness, and would not help with the aforementioned issue.

*Read this for more info.
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't
Real men don't use Task Manager: they sudo kill -9
Computers are like air-conditioning: pretty much useless if you open Windows
"I cannot refute you, Socrates." - said Agathon
"Rather, dear Agathon, what you can't refute is the truth; for Socrates is easily refuted."
Symposium - Plato
Jul 1, 2016 1:14 AM
Sep 2015
I wish publishers would be more pickly when it comes to adapting a anime. Of all the new season anime, half of them are shounen/ecchi. Shounen and ecchi is fine, it's just that so many generic anime of these two genres get released all the time that I've reached saturation long time ago. I don't say stop releasing these two, just set a higher benchmark, challenge the studios to come up with interesting plots and characters, drop the overused generic tropes, try to introduce fanservice in a smart, less annoying and in your face way.
Also I wish the producers would let studios experiment a lot more (especially with anime only shows), there are hardly new anime that are willing to take a leap of faith for the sake of innovation, but alas anime is a industry and industries are run by supply and demand, not 'artistic views'.
Jul 1, 2016 1:15 AM

Apr 2015
NO CGI

JAPAN CANT USE IT WELL

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

*PTSD FLASHBACKS ABOUT BERSERK 2016*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2016 1:22 AM

May 2016
JkayW said:
NO CGI

JAPAN CANT USE IT WELL

stop it... it hurts

well i dont care about ecchi and harem anime because simply i dont watch them, im not bitching about them.

but having more seinen anime would be nice :/
Jul 1, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2012
JkayW said:
NO CGI

JAPAN CANT USE IT WELL

probably this
this is the only thing i'd really change though, anime is fine as it is for the most part imo
Jul 1, 2016 1:32 AM

Feb 2016
oversized boobs

oversized boobs actually ruin the ecchi scene. flat or normal chest is better ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2016 1:50 AM

Jun 2015
I hope they will stop making stupid, shallow animes that simply kill characters in the show without profound meaning, such as kabaneri, psychopass second season, overlord or akame ga kill.
These animes look quite retarded if you see them from the perspective of a person with brain.
Jul 1, 2016 3:24 AM

Oct 2014
Basically all what @Rei366 says
Plus The removal of the bs Licenses so that everybody around can enjoy it.

Mamster-P said:
why am i even bothering to read the responses? i knew what i was going to see -____-

anyway, at this point i'd just increase the amount of ecchi shoved in peoples faces just to continually piss off the people who won't sip a cup of S-T-F-U....

"i'd get rid of ecchi"

hahaha...... fk you.....

Hehe Ppl think that ecchi equals bad quality xd
They are stuuuuupid am I right?
Jul 1, 2016 6:28 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
Basically all what @Rei366 says
Plus The removal of the bs Licenses so that everybody around can enjoy it.

Mamster-P said:

"i'd get rid of ecchi"

hahaha...... fk you.....

Hehe Ppl think that ecchi equals bad quality xd
They are stuuuuupid am I right?

"omfg, i can't believe the japanese have the audacity to do things that do not cater towards my western biases"

my favorite are the teenage girls who complain about ecchi, yet have Free! as their avatar

i wonder if there are japanese people who complain that western cartoons don't have ecchi lol
Jul 1, 2016 6:41 AM

Jul 2015
Less sexual fanservice. I can't come out of the anime closet and be taken seriously if there are boobs all over my screen. Just no.
Then again OP, I love Elfen Lied, so... Idk
Jul 1, 2016 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
Less focus on hyping it up, more focus on actually making it good. It easy to make a flashy and or colorful PV with an interesting concept. Cash grab shows like that loose hype fast.
And don't give me the: "It's not the creators fault a show get overhyped, it's the communities fault"
Are you trying to say that the people who make the PV don't know what makes people interested, and don't know how to professionally bait 'em?? Give me a break...
Jul 1, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
Protaku said:
Increase the amount of ecchi anime and generic light novel adaptations released to add salt to everyone's salty wounds.

Hah! I'm one of those guys. I like ecchi, but I think light novel adaptations are pieces of cancer in the anime industry. It just leaves you out in the open as far as plot. Even two seasons or more of the series will have a terrible sense of closure. They could at least try and wrap it up in a way that has more closure. If you wanted to keep going and find out what happens, you'd have to hop on baka-tsuki or wait until it gets translated and published by Yen Press or some other North American licensing company. It goes without saying that it's a big hassle for people who don't know how to read Japanese or do not care to learn how.

Too many studios are taking these series and putting in way too little effort. It's more like an advertisement for the novels than a more or less independent adaptation.

Nurlela said:
oversized boobs

oversized boobs actually ruin the ecchi scene. flat or normal chest is better ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Flat is justice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

66 by 23feanor »»
7 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
14 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

90 by Theo1899 »»
17 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
31 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

19 by Zarutaku »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.