Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2016 4:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Whoa Nen Beasts rampage, wasn't expecting that..

Kurapika's interrogation didn't have him use his gun or whatever after all although I'm kinda worried about him with that cliffhanger. Too bad the series is going on hiatus again :(
Jun 30, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Phinx got defeated easily by one of the aura beasts
ps; it's the last chapter before hiatus until 2018 u_u
Jun 30, 2016 5:18 AM
Dec 2014
WOW, this investigation will be quiet interesting, hope that in the next episode the mystery will be solve, not wanna wait another hiatus to know about.
Jun 30, 2016 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
U serious Togashi. That's the cliffhanger u wanna leave us on? OTL
Jun 30, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
So... It's GU...*

*Check Wikipedia for more information

Mangastream doing a good job as always, thx fams.

Togashi got the fuck out of here after a volume, see you next year for the next 10 chapters.
Jun 30, 2016 7:44 AM
Apr 2014
5 Nen beasts are gathering around the baby, it's kind of silly for the higher princes to not even be conscious about their Nen beasts, this battle is fought with them not even facing each other.
A pretty weak cliffhanger to leave on, just like last time with chapter 349, We know Kurapika will handle the situation perfectly, What you think he's going to lose to some goofy looking things? kek.
I wish he left us on a Phantom troupe related cliffhanger, we haven't seen them on the boat yet.
11 chapter? not bad. See you in late 2018.
Drake1000Jun 30, 2016 10:07 AM
Jun 30, 2016 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
Damn excellent chapter, why you do this Togashi WHY!!
Jun 30, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2013
So the beasts are the power of someone with a parasyte Nen ability.
Since they are so strong and have no range limit, my guess is that this is another case of nen becoming stronger after the death of the user.
Also, **** you Togashi.
Jun 30, 2016 8:06 AM

Jan 2013
See you space cowboy...

Why is this series cursed?
KladJun 30, 2016 8:10 AM
Jun 30, 2016 8:08 AM
Dec 2013
Nen beasts everywhere. And 3 more deaths in this chapter. Sairid killed these bodyguards because the Nen beast asked him to? Why didn't he refuse? And Kurapika's going to incapacitate him. Good chapter.

Too bad Hunter x Hunter's going on hiatus again, which was inevitable. Togashi managed to release 11 chapters this time before going on hiatus. There's enough chapters for a volume 34 now, but Togashi would need to draw the cover art for it before it can be released (and I don't think he has), so I think it's gonna take awhile for the new volume to come out. Also, with this chapter, Dark Continent Expedition arc is currently 21 chapters long so far, making this arc longer than the Heaven's Arena arc now. Also making DC the same length as the Election arc.

Man, I'm gonna miss looking forward to Thursdays, where a new HxH chapter would be released. Too bad that that's over for now. We're probably looking at least 1.5 years of a hiatus, but I hope the hiatus is shorter than that. Welp, time to put the manga on-hold again.
wildhoodJun 30, 2016 8:20 AM
Jun 30, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2015
I've no problem with hiatus since this Arc is just super big filler in my eyes.
Fellaini is God
Jun 30, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
kwonshin said:

Why would you even think its a filler. This arc is going to be leading us to more arc branches, but will probably be a long one. If anything it will be the main arc that starts every arc on the Dark Continent. It will explain background, characters to be involved, setting details, plot, and other various things such as the calamities, possibly new types of nen kind of like the parasite type nen. If anything this is anything BUT filler. I felt like that entire battle with HisokaxChrollo was pointless and felt like filler, since we knew they have been wanting to fight, but why couldn't it wait until they got on the DC. It felt like it was oddly placed and took up time from the actual travel to the DC story. I feel like we could have been on the DC already if not for that fight. Not to mention it was extremely boring and I could barely understand what was happening with the intense exposition and myriad of attacks being used by Chrollo making it convoluted.

Also kind of lame that we only got 10 chapters out of this hiatus and most of them was the fight with Hisoka x Chrollo. I want to see whats on the DC already damnit, since that place has lots of potential for adventure and new things to explore bring freshness to the manga. I don't know why Togashi just doesn't get multiple assistants to help him out (I know his wife probably helps him) if he knows his work and health is being effected by all these hiatuses. Or why not just release on a monthly basis like
AoT. I'm sure the magazine wouldn't care, its better than printing it over again every year or two even if the magazine is a weekly release. Or he could just switch to a monthly/bi-monthly release magazine, get some assistants, and the problem is solved.

As others have said before me, Trollgashi is a tease :(.
CejaraJun 30, 2016 9:29 AM
Jun 30, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2016
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKK

y u do dis togashi!!!????? :(((((
Jun 30, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
Please just move to a monthly schedule
Sup...
Jun 30, 2016 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Hoh that's a weak cliffhanger togashi, why didn't you make us suffer more? D: We already know kurapika is going to handle this situation well.

"break for some time" oh yea we know.
Jun 30, 2016 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
This chapter made it look like these guys were on one hell of an acid trip.

I always thought Togashi should consider doing what Oda does, where he releases a few chapters then takes a week off, but that probably wouldn't change the situation much. He should really just make this series a monthly manga, that way he's not slaving away trying to frantically meet his weekly deadlines. And the manga sells extremely well, even with all the hiatuses, so I highly doubt fans would even care if he did that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
Parasyte type nen :O
The cute animal nen beasts looks like a manipulator, if you answer "i am free" it will control you and force you to do a command.

thebrentinator24 said:
He should really just make this series a monthly manga

>about 30 pages a month

Great idea, maybe that way it will end in 2078.
Jun 30, 2016 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
@ichii_1 He's already doing 20-ish pages a week. 10 more pages and 3 more weeks to do it sounds decently reasonable to me.

Jun 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Jan 2016
"Are ya free?"
"er... no... I'm kinda busy right now"
LMAO

• No chapter next week.
• break for "some time"
• restart date undecided

I hope to see you all well in 2018 when i come back to discuss next chapter.
Jun 30, 2016 7:43 PM

Dec 2015
Cejara said:
kwonshin said:

Why would you even think its a filler. This arc is going to be leading us to more arc branches, but will probably be a long one. If anything it will be the main arc that starts every arc on the Dark Continent. It will explain background, characters to be involved, setting details, plot, and other various things such as the calamities, possibly new types of nen kind of like the parasite type nen. If anything this is anything BUT filler. I felt like that entire battle with HisokaxChrollo was pointless and felt like filler, since we knew they have been wanting to fight, but why couldn't it wait until they got on the DC. It felt like it was oddly placed and took up time from the actual travel to the DC story. I feel like we could have been on the DC already if not for that fight. Not to mention it was extremely boring and I could barely understand what was happening with the intense exposition and myriad of attacks being used by Chrollo making it convoluted.

Also kind of lame that we only got 10 chapters out of this hiatus and most of them was the fight with Hisoka x Chrollo. I want to see whats on the DC already damnit, since that place has lots of potential for adventure and new things to explore bring freshness to the manga. I don't know why Togashi just doesn't get multiple assistants to help him out (I know his wife probably helps him) if he knows his work and health is being effected by all these hiatuses. Or why not just release on a monthly basis like
AoT. I'm sure the magazine wouldn't care, its better than printing it over again every year or two even if the magazine is a weekly release. Or he could just switch to a monthly/bi-monthly release magazine, get some assistants, and the problem is solved.

The Hisoka x Troupe should be the real arc. The premise already clear since the York New city arc, but this DC arc is just dragging the story without clear ending due to Togashi health problem. Rather than creating new arc, it's better to finish unfinished story. Btw, I know later Troupe will have part of DC Arc. I just feel it is unneeded.
Fellaini is God
Jun 30, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2015
kwonshin said:
Cejara said:

The Hisoka x Troupe should be the real arc. The premise already clear since the York New city arc, but this DC arc is just dragging the story without clear ending due to Togashi health problem. Rather than creating new arc, it's better to finish unfinished story. Btw, I know later Troupe will have part of DC Arc. I just feel it is unneeded.

I can see where you are coming from with that, but it seems like that may be tied up in this arc from what they were hinting at with the Hisoka x Chrollo fight. I am excited for DC, but I too feel like it may be left unfinished for a long time due to his health reasons, so maybe it would have been better for him to tie up loose ends in another way until he got all his shit sorted out to where he can continually release in a way that wouldn't effect his health which then could have led up to DC arc if he wanted to go further.
Jun 30, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2009
parasite nen beast looks cool
Jun 30, 2016 11:12 PM

Jan 2015
Thank god HxH went back on hiatus, now all is right in the world of manga.

Kinda wished this was a better cliffhanger but oh well. Also Gon wasn't mentioned once this entire last volume I think. Has that ever happened before?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 30, 2016 11:54 PM

Nov 2013
looks like Bill is not just a fodder character and he will team up with Kurapika, I'd love to see his action for another 2 years aaahhhh shit
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jul 1, 2016 12:50 AM

Nov 2011
See you again in 2020 ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jul 1, 2016 3:10 AM

Jun 2008
And here we go again the long hiatus once again starts. Togashi the master of laziness.

Cejara said:
kwonshin said:

It really felt like he promised at least some chapters to the magazine and he just threw that fight to get them out.

thebrentinator24 said:
This chapter made it look like these guys were on one hell of an acid trip.

I always thought Togashi should consider doing what Oda does, where he releases a few chapters then takes a week off, but that probably wouldn't change the situation much. He should really just make this series a monthly manga, that way he's not slaving away trying to frantically meet his weekly deadlines. And the manga sells extremely well, even with all the hiatuses, so I highly doubt fans would even care if he did that.

Are you crazy? He takes like 1.5 or even 2 years breaks before putting out 10 chapters and you think he slaves away trying to meet weekly deadlines? No way. He has those 10 chapters made during his break and he just gives them to the magazine.
So Togashi hasn't done anything this last 3 months and now takes another loooong break.
MonadJul 1, 2016 3:19 AM
Jul 1, 2016 3:48 AM

Jun 2014
@Monad No need to call me crazy. It's not like I'm there next to him so obviously I wouldn't know whether or not he worked on these chapters ahead of time.

Jul 1, 2016 11:18 AM

May 2015
This new nen power seems interesting and with a lot of potential... wasted...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2016 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
And of course Togashi has to go on hiatus on a fucking cliffhanger smh...well at least I'll be getting two new HxH volumes on my shelve soon so I'm pleased about that.

Until next year I guess -_-
Aug 6, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2012
Togashi again , so how long this hiatus , just when things are interesting and the story going forward.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KarinaraDec 26, 2023 9:34 AM

Nov 18, 2016 8:02 PM

Dec 2008
Next time someone (or something) asks me if I'm free, I'm going to run in the opposite direction while screaming like a banshee!

I'm so pissed. Just when I finally get myself up to date with this manga...Togashi goes on hiatus. He needs a ghostwriter.
Nov 20, 2016 12:31 AM

Jun 2016
Hannah_Ana said:
Next time someone (or something) asks me if I'm free, I'm going to run in the opposite direction while screaming like a banshee!

I'm so pissed. Just when I finally get myself up to date with this manga...Togashi goes on hiatus. He needs a ghostwriter.

He doesnt want anyone else to draw for him he doesnt want them to "ruin" the story
Aug 15, 2021 7:41 AM

Feb 2018
Parasitic nen huh.. damn they were freaky floating and going through the walls. Kurapika should handle that 'mind controlled' guard relatively easy.
Sep 11, 2022 11:26 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Very cool analysis at the end of this chapter (and the end of volume 34) about Chrollo vs Hisoka.

I'm so glad Togashi didn't decide to kill off waifu Machi in that moment. Hopefully she doesn't die later on!! I'd love for her to end up with Hisoka (yes I ship).
Jun 18, 2023 6:52 PM
Aug 2021
To bad that it has been cancelled

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.