Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2016 8:23 AM
Jan 2016
1. Knowing how to look cute.
2. Having rich AF parents
3. Liking what society dictates you to like. Aim for something girls commonly aim for.
4. Thinking everyone else is stupid

If you dare get a good score in your exams, no one will like you.

This is basically what the "genius" glasses guy said in Chapter 2, which has got to be my least favorite chapter of ANY manga of all time. The speech of the "genius" literally made no sense. And if trying not to look smart is what makes you smart, why is the author spending an entire chapter just to point out that his characters are smart?

I swear this author likes to smell his own fart then calling his fart, "smart." I don't even know what he means by smart.

I tried to ignore this chapter but the subsequent chapters also contained the same pseudo-intellectual content.
Gal_BnarganJun 29, 2016 8:26 AM
Jun 29, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2015
That's just Shujin using being cute as a basis for measuring how smart someone is. Being able to think of unorthodox things like this, make his story kinda more fun. It's because of the way he thinks that Akito started to want to work with him. He's merely expressing his opinions here with the words that make sense to him. He's wrong on certain things.... maybe, but it appealed to Akito, and that was the point of this chapter.
I don't think he said that about no. 2 , though it may help to be cute.
I dunno if I've got the name right, it's been so long since I've read this.

Also if this is your least favourite chapter, I'd say you don't read much, do you? :P
I HAVE TWO RULES:

RULE ONE: I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
RULE TWO: IF I'M WRONG, REFER TO RULE ONE...
Mar 19, 2018 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
I don't think that's quite what the author was trying to portray. Akito was trying to persuade Mashiro to work with him by stating that they're both 'geniuses' and that they'd make a good pair. He made the point that intellect does not make somebody a 'genius'. In Akito's eyes, a true genius is somebody who can make it in life despite the odds that they're facing or level of intelligence that they were born with.

When he talked about Azuki being a genius because she doesn't try to be smart wasn't meant to belittle women. He was simply saying that she's a genius because she was born with an innate understanding of what her role in society is. She knows that she does not have to work as hard as others because of her successful parents- she has something to fall back on. Azuki knows that being graceful and feminine will get her places in life. That's why she is a 'genius'. She's not just a rich, pretty girl that is marginalised by society, she chooses herself to not try to hard and gain a bad reputation as that will not get her anywhere in life.

Sorry about the English essay, I just thought I'd share my ideas on the topic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.