Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2016 11:49 AM
Sep 2014
Zankyou no Terror
Only a few mentioned it, but for 12 eps its so worth the watch
Jun 30, 2016 12:24 PM
Oct 2014
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai.

You will hate the first few episodes, because they're confusing and pointless until you realize what's going on. Even then, you won't get all the pieces of the puzzle until the last episode finally makes everything clear, and at the same time hits you over the head with a great ending.

I can't say anything more, because even telling you what the show is about would be a spoiler.
Jun 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Aug 2015
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Jul 1, 2016 8:46 PM

Apr 2016
volt16 said:
CrashD said:

I'm pretty sure all of the ones I listed have a psychological tag both on MAL and Kissanime. Either way, they're psychological enough to me.

I'm gonna bring up the usual example of Attack on Titan: No Regrets having a Shoujo tag. Go look it up. A tag doesn't mean much, it's the content that matters and it all comes down to how you define each genre. As far as I'm concerned anime like Erased, Future Diary and Another are just entry-level psychological shows at best. They do have some elements but they are too simple compared to classic psychological shows. I'm sorry but you can't compare NGE to Mirai Nikki, they are like apples and oranges.

Entry level, but still psychological. How would YOU define psychological?
Jul 2, 2016 1:53 AM
Sep 2015
CrashD said:
volt16 said:

I'm gonna bring up the usual example of Attack on Titan: No Regrets having a Shoujo tag. Go look it up. A tag doesn't mean much, it's the content that matters and it all comes down to how you define each genre. As far as I'm concerned anime like Erased, Future Diary and Another are just entry-level psychological shows at best. They do have some elements but they are too simple compared to classic psychological shows. I'm sorry but you can't compare NGE to Mirai Nikki, they are like apples and oranges.

Entry level, but still psychological. How would YOU define psychological?

Well, without putting too much though into it I would call a show psychological if one of its main points is delving into the characters' psyche and analyzing their thought process and personality, as well as what lead them to be who they are. Many shows have such elements but it really comes down to whether it is a focal point or not. Naruto had some brilliant character development for a shounen, yet you wouldn't call it psychological. With the same logic I can see how you might think that the three shows in question might be psychological, they do have some elements of the genre after all, but it's not like they are primarily psychological shows. They merely mix in some psychological elements while remaining anime of another genre. In this post the OP asked if we could recommend him psychological shows and I felt that he hasn't exactly understood what it means to be such a show, because he brought up examples of shows that are primarily something else, such as Another or Mirai Nikki, which are Horror and Action respectively. Therefore I couldn't help but ask myself if this is truly what the OP is looking for. Psychological shows tend to be soul crushing, they make you think a lot and also give you more insight on your own self. If the OP liked Mirai Nikki or Another and thought of them as psychological shows then maybe he shouldn't get near darker shows such as Aku no Hana or Texhnolyze, because the fact he does consider them as such can only means that he experienced those effects I previously mentioned by watching those two, thus approaching much darker shows would most likely either be too depressing or boring for him. From looking at the examples he brought up I got the feeling that the OP likes shows that contain some psychological elements but are mainly of another genre.
Jul 2, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2016
DoctorWasabi said:

Aoi Bungaku
Aoi Bungaku
Aoi Bungaku
Aoi Bungaku

Seriously watch Aoi Bungaku if you want a psychological done perfectly

I couldn't agree more. This anime is the perfect example when I think of "Psychological." I highly recommend anyone who is interested in psychological anime to check this out!
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - 5 minutes ago

0 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
5 minutes ago

» 150 Chapters Manhwa/Manhua

Nizalich - Apr 21

2 by ST63LTH »»
59 minutes ago

» New(ish) Manga Reader in Need of Recommendations!

Wakarimas-en - 10 hours ago

3 by Toha »»
2 hours ago

» Similar animes to Tengoku Daimakyou ( 1 2 )

Salvaged - Apr 21

67 by Natedog22 »»
4 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

10 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.