Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 29, 2016 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
I just finished watching the first season which I absolutely loved, started off with S2 and from what I can see its a repeat of the second half of the first season with faster pacing and some slight differences (though I've only seen like 5 episodes). I'm just wondering if any of you know where to start watching if I want to carry on from where the first season ends and Joe goes out on another journey.
Making an all-knowing face, the crow stares down at the plight of humanity.
Jun 29, 2016 12:44 AM

Nov 2014
Bentokey said:
I just finished watching the first season which I absolutely loved, started off with S2 and from what I can see its a repeat of the second half of the first season with faster pacing and some slight differences (though I've only seen like 5 episodes). I'm just wondering if any of you know where to start watching if I want to carry on from where the first season ends and Joe goes out on another journey.
"On another note, the last 26 episodes of Ashita no Joe 1 (Episode 53 onwards) overlap with the first 12 of Joe 2. I wouldn't suggest skipping over the first 12 episodes of Joe 2. Because, while the last 26 episodes of Joe 1 follow the manga somewhat faithfully they are ultimately the weakest part of the anime. Keeping the overlap in mind, I'd consider those 26 episodes optional."
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4bwv4n/wt_ashita_no_joe/

Jun 29, 2016 12:50 AM

Jan 2014
ExTemplar said:
Bentokey said:
"On another note, the last 26 episodes of Ashita no Joe 1 (Episode 53 onwards) overlap with the first 12 of Joe 2. I wouldn't suggest skipping over the first 12 episodes of Joe 2. Because, while the last 26 episodes of Joe 1 follow the manga somewhat faithfully they are ultimately the weakest part of the anime. Keeping the overlap in mind, I'd consider those 26 episodes optional."
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4bwv4n/wt_ashita_no_joe/

Thanks! I think that I'll skip over the first 12 anyway since I wasn't aware of this when I was watching the anime.
Making an all-knowing face, the crow stares down at the plight of humanity.
Jun 29, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2010
I definitely recommend watching the different take on the Carlos arc, it has a lot of impact and the story would feel disjointed if you just skipped them.
I probably regret this post by now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Be4st - Jul 6, 2013

106 by ItzElite »»
Mar 30, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 46 Discussion

Akai_Shuichi - Mar 31, 2015

15 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 9:26 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 45 Discussion

20 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 44 Discussion

Karusan - Jan 7, 2014

32 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Ashita no Joe 2 Episode 43 Discussion

14 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 13, 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.