Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2016 10:45 PM

Dec 2009
Considering previous seasons have covered anywhere between 13-16 chapters with only 10 episodes, where do you think this season will leave off with 12 episodes? Obviously we're not going to see the end of the big climatic battle with the ainsworth family since it goes up to about chapter 27, but where do you think would be a good point for the first season of 3rei to leave off? I'm a bit worried too, since they had to change the ending of 2wei Herz so it wasn't a cliff hanger, yet no matter where they stop in 3rei its going to be pretty much a huge cliff hanger. Thoughts?
Aiko_HiroshiJun 28, 2016 10:49 PM
Jun 29, 2016 12:29 AM
Jul 2018
i was thinking they would do a cliffhanger at chapter 23 with you know who showing up in that certain fight
Jun 29, 2016 12:58 AM

Jul 2007
Either the certain appearance in 24(without finishing the chapter) or earlier. Might also end it with
reveal too.

Originally would have thought like Ch14 or 15 but they showing the bits from arc before so that makes most sense.
Jun 29, 2016 1:07 AM

Jul 2014
They'll probably end it just as a certain someone shows up on the battlefield. Everyone who knows exactly what happens would probably hate Silver Link for life if they did that, but at the same time it would also be the most hype, irresistible cliffhanger for the anime-only watchers.
Jun 29, 2016 4:28 AM
Sep 2015
Probably up to the point where Ilya goes back to the Ainsworth HQ to rescue Miyu properly or the point where the guy everyone is so hyped for finally makes his appearance (that reveal in chapter 23).

Personally, I hope that they are able to cover the battle against the Ainsworth with that guy up to its conclusion (it may even give the flashback arc an entire season to itself) but I doubt they'll go that far.

Perhaps (like many here have said) they may end on a cliffhanger with his arrival to that fight. It would be a huge cock-tease but it would draw more hype for the next season.
Jul 1, 2016 5:15 AM

May 2014
CerberusGate said:

Perhaps (like many here have said) they may end on a cliffhanger with his arrival to that fight. It would be a huge cock-tease but it would draw more hype for the next season.

Does no-one remember how 2weiHerz ended..

The best cliffhanger that could have happened was removed for 10 minutes of bowtied cancer, they decidedly do not want to use cliffhangers.
Jul 1, 2016 5:24 AM
Sep 2015
WrongPriest said:
CerberusGate said:

The best cliffhanger that could have happened was removed for 10 minutes of bowtied cancer, they decidedly do not want to use cliffhangers.

Someone seems to be a little salty. Granted, the way Herz was resolved is not an good ending.

For now, I'll give Silver Link the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps they'll learn or like I said (if you were reading my post), they may end it with Ilya goes back to the Ainsworth HQ to properly rescue Miyu. Besides, Drei can't end like Herz did.
Jul 1, 2016 5:38 AM

Dec 2009
CerberusGate said:
WrongPriest said:

Someone seems to be a little salty. Granted, the way Herz was resolved is not an good ending.

For now, I'll give Silver Link the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps they'll learn or like I said (if you were reading my post), they may end it with Ilya goes back to the Ainsworth HQ to properly rescue Miyu. Besides, Drei can't end like Herz did.

Think WrongPriest has a reason to be salty though, Silver Link is known to make dumb changes here and there. 2wei Herz not ending like the 2wei manga is still the biggest shitty thing they've done. There's lots of ways they could fuck up 3rei at this point, especially considering they're prone to changing things so there is never a cliff hanger. Think that's what WrongPriest was getting at.
Jul 1, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
CerberusGate said:

Think WrongPriest has a reason to be salty though, Silver Link is known to make dumb changes here and there. 2wei Herz not ending like the 2wei manga is still the biggest shitty thing they've done. There's lots of ways they could fuck up 3rei at this point, especially considering they're prone to changing things so there is never a cliff hanger. Think that's what WrongPriest was getting at.

manga people need to stop whinging already.
There was zero indication there was going to be 3rei. I'm still amazed its happening this soon. It probably got green lit way into production of 2wei way past any planning stage. Fair go if you didn't like what they did but the way they ended it is completely understandable.
Jul 1, 2016 7:01 AM
Sep 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
CerberusGate said:

I conceded that Herz did not end well. But at least it was not the beginnings of an original anime only filler arc (though it could have been if not for the early Drei announcements).

Plus the official Drei anime site seems to be hinting (via the brief synopsis) that the only different bit will be how the group encounters the two new characters introduced in Drei since Herz's ending is different and all.
Jul 1, 2016 7:27 AM

Jul 2007
WrongPriest said:
CerberusGate said:

Same thing like with SAO2 and few other shows. It has to do with japanese mentality and it did have bazett part setting up post-3rei content. ANd they were unsure about there even being 3rei. Stop being salty.
Jul 1, 2016 7:54 AM

May 2014
Fai said:
Stop being salty.

You're right, I apologise.
Jul 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
WrongPriest said:

Same thing like with SAO2 and few other shows. It has to do with japanese mentality and it did have bazett part setting up post-3rei content. ANd they were unsure about there even being 3rei. Stop being salty.

They literally announced 3rei was coming at the last episode 2wei Herz, they obviously knew in advance they would be animating that part. Hell showing chained up Shirou and other hints throughout Herz showed that they probably knew they would be animating 3rei while working on 2wei.

I'm not really salty anymore about 2wei since they are animating 3rei, but in my opinion the anime won't ever stack up to the source material because anime teams are afraid to do cliff hangers. Japanese mentality be damned, I don't have have to agree with it.
Jul 1, 2016 10:41 PM
Sep 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Fai said:

They literally announced 3rei was coming at the last episode 2wei Herz, they obviously knew in advance they would be animating that part. Hell showing chained up Shirou and other hints throughout Herz showed that they probably knew they would be animating 3rei while working on 2wei.

I'm not really salty anymore about 2wei since they are animating 3rei, but in my opinion the anime won't ever stack up to the source material because anime teams are afraid to do cliff hangers. Japanese mentality be damned, I don't have have to agree with it.

Look at it this way, you mentioned that there is no way for 3rei to not end on a cliffhanger. If they try something else, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot so there is hope that Silver Link may be forced to end on a cliffhanger.

In the face of the Japanese methodology, it's a fool's hope but it's still there.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that they knew about animating 3rei eventually (hence the 3rei foreshadowing in Herz) but only near the end of the season did Silver Link probably decide to make 3rei quickly rather than taking a break with OVAs.
Jul 6, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2009
looking at the opening they will adapt up to the epic fight scene when that person comes. hopefully they will do when they escape and do the next season from Miyu's background. although the next series might be 2 or 3 years later.
Jul 6, 2016 9:49 AM

Jul 2007
There's absolutely no way they are finishing that fight.
Jul 6, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2008
From that OP...I don't know how far they'll go. If they go 2 chapters per episode (with some 3 chapters per mixed in) they might be able to hit that major stopping point in 13 episodes.

The thing is while Illya is a monthly manga....it's not that much longer than a regular weekly manga per chapter. Closer to 27/28 than the 22/23 of some weekly series. So if they want to adapt more they have that option. They just didn't have to hurry anything since the first arc was really short. The second probably would have been better with 15 episodes than 20, so they used more filler in Herz. Drei has all the material in the world so they can go nuts if they want.

Considering what we saw in the OP it seems like they will at least get into that big fight.
Jul 8, 2016 12:17 AM

Jul 2014
It's finally here !!! this series will be lot darker and more serious than the previous season's it's , less yuri fanservice and slice of life and more serious action and actual plot is moving

3Rei : when a littel girl spin off turn to be better than the orignal series
Jul 13, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
what is sure is they wont stop at chapter 12 since we can see prisma doll.
so there is no stop possible before chapter 29 unless they want to kill us with an unbearable cliffhanger
bruh
Jul 13, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if they made it to chapter 29 TBH. It'll be tricky, but not undoable especially with how short some of the chapters are.

SL never ever ended a Prillya season on a cliffhanger and it's really hard seeing them do it now. They even went as far as to make an anime original ending to avoid it before.
Jul 13, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Wouldn't be surprised if they made it to chapter 29 TBH. It'll be tricky, but not undoable especially with how short some of the chapters are.

SL never ever ended a Prillya season on a cliffhanger and it's really hard seeing them do it now. They even went as far as to make an anime original ending to avoid it before.

29 is still a cliffhanger.
Jul 13, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
astroprogs said:

29 is still a cliffhanger.

It's as much of a cliffhanger as the end of 2wei was. It doesn't need to be conclusive, it just needs to end on some sort of a big fight/climax until 3rei-2 hits like 2wei ended with nothing about the 8th card resolved until 2wei Herz.

There's absolutely no appropriate stopping point before chapter 29.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

255 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 7, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.