Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka Isogashii desu ka Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2015

1) Not the same editor.
Yes i know
2) Not the same type of story at all so not for the same public
hummmm
3) This one is actually better than the one yo uwant
The fanboying here is off the chart
Jun 27, 2016 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
ultravigo said:

1) Not the same editor.
Yes i know
2) Not the same type of story at all so not for the same public
hummmm
3) This one is actually better than the one yo uwant
The fanboying here is off the chart

1) IF you know then that's even more stupid, wow...
2) read inside =the spoiler tag I wrote above.
3) Of course it was... not a serious comment. And I quite liked devil is a part timer, btw, I think I gave it a 8/10? Since it's not the same type of story, you obviously cannot compare easily two completely different type of story like this. Still, I technically gave 9/10 to this one, so I indeed gave it a higher score ;).

Samael said:
Zefyris said:

it's extinct. Not "in danger of being extinct". As in, ALREADY EXTINCT. No humanity remaining. So no, I seriously doubt you've seen that a lot before.

"Even up in the sky, where the surviving races dwell on floating islands, these monstrosities constantly threaten to bring death and destruction."

"surviving races."

Zefyris said:
No humanity remaining.

Say what now?

What did you not understand here? It exactly means what it said. "Surviving races", "humanity extinct". Werebeasts, trolls, leprechauns, lizarmen, and so on, those are surviving races, you name it. BUT.
Humanity is EXTINCT.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ArdanazJun 27, 2016 3:36 PM
Jun 27, 2016 12:23 PM

Aug 2015

1) IF you know then that's even more stupid, wow...
now that hurts bro
Jun 27, 2016 12:28 PM

Apr 2011
Wait a minute, I'm actually interested in this one.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Jun 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
Samael said:
Zefyris said:

it's extinct. Not "in danger of being extinct". As in, ALREADY EXTINCT. No humanity remaining. So no, I seriously doubt you've seen that a lot before.

"Even up in the sky, where the surviving races dwell on floating islands, these monstrosities constantly threaten to bring death and destruction."

"surviving races."

Zefyris said:
No humanity remaining.

Say what now?

Humanity is a race/species. There are other races/species surviving that are not human nor live by human sensibilities.

A reader I talked to basically described this as

Zeta-Astacion said:
This is the most retarded LN title i've ever seen in my entire life.
I just hate every single LN news that may cause flame war all the time.

-sigh-

Wrong translation

Correct is basically "what will you do at the end? Are you busy? can you save me?"

or something like that.
AhenshihaelJun 27, 2016 12:37 PM
Jun 27, 2016 12:39 PM

Sep 2012
Fai said:
Zeta-Astacion said:
This is the most retarded LN title i've ever seen in my entire life.
I just hate every single LN news that may cause flame war all the time.

-sigh-

Wrong translation

Correct is basically "what will you do at the end? Are you busy? can you save me?"

or something like that.
Soo... still fucking retarded.
Jun 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Apr 2010
Zefyris said:

What did you not understand here? It exactly means what it said. "Surviving races", "humanity extinct". Werebeasts, trolls, leprechauns, lizarmen, and so on, those are surviving races, you name it. BUT.
Humanity is EXTINCT.

I know only 5 races:

the Caucasian race.
the Mongoloid race.
the Malay race.
the Negroid race.
the American race.

HINT: They are humans.
Fai said:

Humanity is a race/species. There are other races/species surviving that are not human nor live by human sensibilities.

Thank you very much; it does sound more interesting now.
Jun 27, 2016 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Oh boi, another LN flamewars thread. Seriously.
Anyway synopsis sounds fairly interesting so will give it a try.
Jun 27, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
This one sounds somewhat interesting. I like the drama,romance and sci-fi tags. And as far as I can tell,there is no battle school,isekai,harem and ecchi. (although I wouldnt mind some of the last two lol) Its also nice to see some fantasy series not focused purely on action.
Jun 27, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2007
Red_Keys said:
Fai said:

Wrong translation

or something like that.
Soo... still fucking retarded.

Not any more retarded than:
"Do Androids dream of electronic sheep?'
"Are You There God? It's Me Margaret "
And quite fa few other critically acclaimed popular books.
Jun 27, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2015
Zefyris said:
VanAlex said:
I've dropped the anime 'Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan', i'll pass this one

Not the same kind of story at all. This one has nigh to no action. No harem, no ecchi.

Sorry but I'm actually Fond of Action, Harem and Ecchi, but I prefer something different like 'Oda no Nobuna Yabou'

also you're also defending this Novel on Animesuki Forum

Overall from what I've read, it might be interesting, but there's so many full fantasy explanation which puts me off, I'll just watch the anime if it's good or not.

But I like this Cover(Vol.5)
Jun 27, 2016 1:03 PM

Nov 2013
Fai said:

Wrong translation

or something like that.

More like:
"What will you be doing during the Apocalypse? Will you be too busy? Can I save you?"
Jun 27, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
Ah the good ol' LN hate squad and defense brigade, it's been a while XD

Will watch as always, hope they keep focusing on the apocalypse beasts too and not write them off.
Jun 27, 2016 1:36 PM
Aug 2015
Fai said:
Samael said:

"surviving races."

Say what now?

A reader I talked to basically described this as

This isn't related to the discussion at all, but I'd like to correct you there. Race and species are not the same thing. For example, a golden retriever and a chihuahua are both dogs (Canis lupus familiaris) though they belong to different races, or in this case, breeds. Also, we don't use the "race" term for humans. The more apropriate term is ethnic group.

If we consider that those surviving "races" are related to crazy ass monsters and shit, then humanity is really extinct. However, if there are any human ethnic groups among them (for instance, they may consider witches to be one of these races, myth most common in some central and eastern european ethnic groups), humanity is not extinct at all.

But who even cares lol
PogChamp
Jun 27, 2016 2:07 PM
Feb 2015
A Light novel without Harem hmm definitely going to check it out then. I do wanna say the character on the cover looks interesting so I might like it.
Jun 27, 2016 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Last part of the summary got me interested. Ill guess Ill add it to my list.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 27, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2015
sounds kind of interesting and looks interesting but at the same time it sounds like its gonna be another one of these anime http://myanimelist.net/anime/30749/Saijaku_Muhai_no_Bahamut even though it says its not a harem, gonna give it a shot though tbh not expecting great things
Jun 27, 2016 3:11 PM
Casual Flower

Mar 2015
I'm quite excited. This has a very good story, and I'm slowly trying to read the sequel of the LN to it. But it's tough since I don't know Japanese all too well. Not to mention it getting an anime adaptation was very unexpected. Then again, most long titles do get an anime eventually, anyways.

I can say more to all this but... no point now that I think about it. >_<
Jun 27, 2016 3:12 PM
Dec 2011
ichii_1 said:
Ah the good ol' LN hate squad and defense brigade, it's been a while XD

Will watch as always, hope they keep focusing on the apocalypse beasts too and not write them off.

Well it's not like we know the staff&studio yet.
Though this LN actually pretty fit for PA Works, but PA never adapt LN(Another, HaruChika etc is not really LN) so won't have much hope for that, just don't let Diomedea adapt it lol(unless comes with really good director and writer).
Jun 27, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2015
Just as I was about to start reading the LN. Anyways, looking forward to this. :3
Jun 27, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2010
Light Novel adaptation or not doesn't matter to me at this point. The theme is way too overused. I rather not to see another Kabaneri in disguise here with post apocalypse setting being use again.
Jun 27, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2015
Is the Light Novel straight up Cheeks?
Sup...
Jun 27, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
The synopsis doesn't interest me at all and the generic LN girl character design on the cover definitely didn't help. Probably gonna skip this one.
Jun 27, 2016 3:52 PM
Aug 2014
So far, I must say I am not very interested. I might end up watching though, but I may not be devoted to it
Jun 27, 2016 6:21 PM

Aug 2013
No ecchi tag? Hopefully that's the sign this series will be enjoyable. Hope for the best(studio)
Jun 27, 2016 7:45 PM
Apr 2014
Ventris said:
VanAlex said:
Much better long title: "How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword"

I'd totally watch that :D

It is a real title of an existing manga xD

Anyway, seeing some comments here, I think I'm gonna give it a try. Expectation is set to be low.
Jun 27, 2016 8:28 PM

Aug 2015
People complaining about the title instead of the material itself just shows how shallow the minds most of the MAL usergehvreghveghrvdsfsdrterjhcoryinmynutsdffgfggtyegrvegrfhgtuyeiw
nevermind
Jun 27, 2016 8:54 PM

Aug 2013
Sounds like it wants to be a weird knockoff hybrid of Horizon and Kuusen Madoushi.

Will probably still watch it though.

Speaking of which, still getting on my knees and praying for Horizon S3
Jun 27, 2016 9:08 PM

Nov 2009
Hopefully, it's "SukaSuka" nickname is referring to some type of fellatio, or else I'll be sorely disappointed.
Jun 27, 2016 9:53 PM

Apr 2016
Is the Japanese translation of the title that big of a mouthful as well? If it is, how are these novels allowed to be published? This is way worse than "How to pick up girls in a dungeon".
Jun 28, 2016 12:34 AM

May 2013
Viz said:
Ventris said:

I'd totally watch that :D

It is a real title of an existing manga xD

Holy cow. Adaption when!

Humanity was using "heroes" who had sacred swords with very specific technology.

Btw, what's with all the phallus-symbolism in those LNs. Why do they all have mighty dickswords, with MC having the longest and most powerful of them all. Someone should do a paper on this.
VentrisJun 28, 2016 12:42 AM

Jun 28, 2016 1:00 AM

Oct 2011
thebrentinator24 said:
My goodness it seems like these LN authors are just competing to see who can create the longest title for their novels.
Guy who wrote Kino's Journey gave us this gem:

I'm a successful light novel author at a boy's high school, but I'm being strangled by a female classmate who's a voice actress and is younger than me (1) - Time to Play -
Jun 28, 2016 1:15 AM
Feb 2012
Why even bother arguing about this? There's gonna be a bunch of peeps who are into this for some weird reason, a bunch of other peeps who need to voice their discontent (and bash the first group in the process) and a third bunch of peeps who tell the first two to calm down and live and let live.

I think I'll go for the third option this time around.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 28, 2016 2:10 AM

Jan 2013

Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to defeat these creatures.

What a time to be alive

The official website has posted some character designs for the leprechaun girls:

Looking mighty fine
Jun 28, 2016 2:41 AM

Apr 2013
Samael said:
Zefyris said:

Humanity is EXTINCT.

I know only 5 races:

the Caucasian race.
the Mongoloid race.
the Malay race.
the Negroid race.
the American race.

:rolleyes: all of those are biologically the same race : human. You sure you don't know more race? Like, various race of dogs, of cats, and so on? :o

VanAlex said:
Zefyris said:

Not the same kind of story at all. This one has nigh to no action. No harem, no ecchi.

Sorry but I'm actually Fond of Action, Harem and Ecchi, but I prefer something different like 'Oda no Nobuna Yabou'

Overall from what I've read, it might be interesting, but there's so many full fantasy explanation which puts me off, I'll just watch the anime if it's good or not.

Like most anime watchers, indeed; so nothing surprising ^^".
I personally think that it'll have a hard time finding its public is the advertisement aren't explicit enough due to that. If peoples think it's action/ ecchi/harem, peoples who want to watch that will watch this (and drop it after a few episodes because it's "boring"), most others will avoid it.

mlcdl said:
Light Novel adaptation or not doesn't matter to me at this point. The theme is way too overused. I rather not to see another Kabaneri in disguise here with post apocalypse setting being use again.

hmmm... Really? Humanity being on the brinks of extinction is quite overused, but humanity already extinct as well? How many examples do you have to say that?

Ventris said:

Humanity was using "heroes" who had sacred swords with very specific technology.

Btw, what's with all the phallus-symbolism in those LNs. Why do they all have mighty dickswords, with MC having the longest and most powerful of them all. Someone should do a paper on this.

Except he never had the mightiest by far, not even 500 years ago, and that now he doesn't even have one :). this ISN'T action oriented. The main character doesn't have one of those weapons.

NaturalPerm said:

Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to defeat these creatures.

What a time to be alive

The official website has posted some character designs for the leprechaun girls:

Looking mighty fine

At least the size is correct, considering that most of them are around this size :

fairly faithful on that point, right x)

ArdanazJun 29, 2016 3:20 PM
Jun 28, 2016 2:50 AM

Oct 2012
AWW YEA!

Can't wait for this!
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jun 28, 2016 2:53 AM

Jan 2013

Oh god so by young girls they actually meant 7 years old.
That's unfortunate...
Jun 28, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2011
I can't believe that NaturalPerm's post actually got me searching for an official website for the anime. I should know better than that by now...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 28, 2016 3:00 AM

Jan 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
I can't believe that NaturalPerm's post actually got me searching for an official website for the anime. I should know better than that by now...

Wait did you click on the first leprechaun pic and actually thought it was legit? That can't be the case right?
Jun 28, 2016 3:01 AM

Jun 2016
What's up with the f**king long title of the LN? Is it really that difficult for the LN authors to came out with a shorter name that actually means something?

The sypnosis is ok, but kinda overused since I already see similar things came out for hundred of times.
Jun 28, 2016 3:03 AM

Apr 2013
NaturalPerm said:

That's unfortunate...

Yes. It's a father/ daughters relationships, as a 19 years old man (that was already the oldest boy and therefore more or less in charge of his HUMAN orphanage 500 years ago) being in charge of a orphanage with leprechauns being mostly younger than 8.

YellowCorvette said:
What's up with the f**king long title of the LN? Is it really that difficult for the LN authors to came out with a shorter name that actually means something?

The sypnosis is ok, but kinda overused since I already see similar things came out for hundred of times.

Same thing as above. Humanity on the brink of extinction is one thing, but I doubt you saw a lot of "humanity already extinct since hundred of years".
Jun 28, 2016 3:05 AM

Dec 2011
NaturalPerm said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Wait did you click on the first leprechaun pic and actually thought it was legit? That can't be the case right?

I didn't actually click on the show spoiler button until after I realised that there wasn't a website (and it made me feel really stupid when I did). I just read the text and decided to go looking for the character designs and any other info that might be on the site.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 28, 2016 3:08 AM

Jul 2007
Jonesy974 said:
Sounds like it wants to be a weird knockoff hybrid of Horizon and Kuusen Madoushi.

Absolutely nothing like either of them.

That's like comparing The Green Mile to Earnest goes to Jail.

ech0star said:
Is the Japanese translation of the title that big of a mouthful as well? If it is, how are these novels allowed to be published? This is way worse than "How to pick up girls in a dungeon".

English titles can be just as long and are just as long. Its also not uncommon for narrative works to have their titles framed as a question.

YellowCorvette said:

Barring stuff like Casshern Sins and
, I am REALLY struggling to think of another work where humans are already long since dead and extinct.

NaturalPerm said:

That's unfortunate...

Well, how great it is that its absolutely nothing romantic going on, then.
AhenshihaelJun 28, 2016 3:12 AM
Jun 28, 2016 3:22 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:

I am REALLY struggling to think of another work where humans are already long since dead and extinct.

Zegapain is one example.
Jun 28, 2016 3:26 AM

Jul 2007
MKusanagi said:
Fai said:

I am REALLY struggling to think of another work where humans are already long since dead and extinct.

Zegapain is one example.

Jun 28, 2016 3:26 AM

Apr 2013
^either way, I'm sure there are a few more obscure titles that could be found, but there is definitely not enough of them around to say it's overused tho x).
Jun 28, 2016 3:29 AM

Jan 2013
Thinking of the missed opportunity to call this "THE LAST MALE".
Jun 28, 2016 3:40 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
MKusanagi said:

Zegapain is one example.

Jun 28, 2016 3:40 AM

Apr 2013
NaturalPerm said:
Thinking of the missed opportunity to call this "THE LAST MALE".

it's the last human. There are male everywhere on those isles , from other specices, of course.
Jun 28, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2010
Zefyris said:
Samael said:

I know only 5 races:

the Caucasian race.
the Mongoloid race.
the Malay race.
the Negroid race.
the American race.

:rolleyes: all of those are biologically the same race : human. You sure you don't know more race? Like, various race of dogs, of cats, and so on? :o

VanAlex said:

Like most anime watchers, indeed; so nothing surprising ^^".
I personally think that it'll have a hard time finding its public is the advertisement aren't explicit enough due to that. If peoples think it's action/ ecchi/harem, peoples who want to watch that will watch this (and drop it after a few episodes because it's "boring"), most others will avoid it.

mlcdl said:

hmmm... Really? Humanity being on the brinks of extinction is quite overused, but humanity already extinct as well? How many examples do you have to say that?

Ventris said:

Except he never had the mightiest by far, not even 500 years ago, and that now he doesn't even have one :). this ISN'T action oriented. The main character doesn't have one of those weapons.

NaturalPerm said:

What a time to be alive

Looking mighty fine

At least the size is correct, considering that most of them are around this size :

fairly faithful on that point, right x)

Fai's post has already explained me my mistake, thanks.

ArdanazJun 29, 2016 3:20 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
1 hour ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.