Forum Settings
Forums

Do you consider a masterpiece(10) flawless?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 27, 2016 12:14 PM

Nov 2014
Zelkiiro said:
ExTemplar said:
How come they are not 10/10 on every website?

Because a lot of people in this world are dumb.
Zelkiiro said:
ExTemplar said:
How come they are not 10/10 on every website?

Because a lot of people in this world are dumb.
You are in the majority though. Please think before replying with something so stupid.

Jun 27, 2016 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
There are only 2 flawless anime IMO Clannad AS and school days. which I both really liked. and they aren't the only 10/10 I've given so no.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 27, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2011
No, I don't. I give things a 10 that are near perfect. No anime is perfect.
Jun 27, 2016 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
No because nothing is really without flaws.
I give a 10 to anime that leave a huge impact on me and give me something that I didn't expect.
For example I gave 'Ouran Highschool Host Club' and 'Haikyuu!!' are advertised as a typical romance/reverse harem and as just another sports anime but they gave me so much more and made me care about the characters so much.
Jun 27, 2016 3:48 PM

Aug 2014
No, the difference between a 9 and a 10 for my ratings is 100% personal bias.
Jun 27, 2016 3:49 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Not really

When I give something a 10 it entertained me flawlessly, but that's just because I think looking at technicalities and prying deeper into the story to give it some kind of deep assessment and whatnot is really, really fucking boring and makes watching things less fun for me. I'm fairly, 100% certain that a lot of people take lots of issues with most, if not all, of my 10/10 anime for (x) reason and sometimes they can have some merit behind thinking that way, so meh.

Jun 27, 2016 5:36 PM

May 2016
Mirotokiwa said:
There are only 2 flawless anime IMO Clannad AS

First 8 episodes are pretty dumb, and the ending is deliberately ambiguous and not in a good way. And the 3 bonus episodes are worthless. Found three~

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 27, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2012
I don't think an anime can be compltely flawless, and even if I think one show has very little flaw it doesn't mean I will like it more. I can see it is very well executed, but I won't necesarily give it a 10. And on the contrary I might give a 10 even if I see the show's flaw, but they didn't bother me x)
Jun 27, 2016 5:56 PM
May 2016
For a flawless anime to exist the creator(s) have to be flawless themselves, which is impossible depending on your point of view. But this is only my opinion, maybe I'll be proven wrong in the future.
Jun 27, 2016 6:01 PM

Apr 2007
No, a masterpiece is not flawless. To be a masterpiece a work of art doesn't have to be flawless.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 27, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2015
I rate anime based more on how it made me feel as a viewer more than anything else, and whether it was worth the watch and if I would end up vehemently recommending it to other people.

For me, 10/10 means I still think about it long after I've finished watching it. I can remember character names and important parts of the show and would definitely tell other people to watch it in the hopes that they feel the same way about it.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 27, 2016 6:12 PM

Dec 2015
Nah, and I often think of it like this.

There were times where I would take test and my score would initially come out to be between 90% to 95%, or some shit.
However, when I did extra credit or nailed the bonuses questions then my score would rise up to give me a 100%.

I wasn't flawless on those test, but there was extra shit I did that boosted my score.

imo, I cannot think of anything that I find to personally be considered flawless when it comes to any artistic media.
However, if an anime can go far above my expectations of enjoyment, as well as how I may view things critically, then that is why I give it a 10.

As I have told others before, there are many series I enjoyed and view both just as good as the other that where one is a 9 and the other a 10. The 10 is given if the anime does something completely different for me and goes FAR beyond what I tend to love.

tainteddonut said:
No, a masterpiece is not flawless. To be a masterpiece a work of art doesn't have to be flawless.

Exactly.
A masterpiece is what you call a piece of work that astounds you in a good way, but that doesn't always mean it is without flaws.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jun 27, 2016 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
It's already been said but yeah, no show is flawless. I grade Anime based strictly on how entertained I was while watching it. For example, I absolutely loved Shinsekai Yori. But just because I loved it doesn't mean I'm blind to it's flaws. The drops in animation quality are so bad at times that it made it hard to watch. But regardless, I binged the hell out of that show and called in sick the next day to my job because I refused to stop watching until I finished it. By the time the show ended I was completely spent and had the show in my thoughts for an entire week afterwards. Anime like that get a 10 on my grade scale without question.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 7:14 PM

Oct 2015
Been said often but anyway ye there aint a perfect anime but its mainly depend on your taste and enjoyment, cuz if i enjoy pretty much every sec of an anime and will remember lots of good scenes even after years then it certainly is a 10 i pretty much never judge the anime based on animation cuz i can ignore some of its fails if the story,characters etc are good.
Jun 27, 2016 10:05 PM

Dec 2012
This is my definition of a 10/10 for anime.

10. Genre Defining/ Masterful The show has earned my highest recommendation. It may not be perfect, but I forgave its shortcomings due to its outstanding strengths. The satisfaction and fulfillment I've gained from watching that anime has lasted months, years, and perhaps forever. The show gave me utter delight and happiness. Whenever someone brings it up, I instantly gush about how much I enjoyed it. In fact, any anime given this award deserves all the prestige and praise it gets. This anime will inspire you and help you enjoy enjoy your life more so than prior to watching it. Essentially, I am a fanboy of these shows and I believe that these anime will be celebrated for its outstanding achievement in entertainment.
Jun 27, 2016 10:08 PM

Mar 2015
There's nothing perfect but a 10 is something where I didn't notice any flaws, I know there are, but I didn't notice them since the overall Anime is just too good
what
Jun 27, 2016 10:10 PM

Feb 2016
I just give 10s to series that I really enjoyed are and that are my favourite. There not necessarily flawless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2016 10:10 PM

Nov 2011
Nothing is flawless but I just give a 10 to the anime that end up among my very favorites.
Jun 27, 2016 10:35 PM

Aug 2014
Ratings of your anime isn't based on how well it is made to some people. It is from personal enjoyment. With that said a (10) is something that I just enjoy the most out of everything.
Jun 27, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2016
Enough has already been said in regards to the "flawlessness is impossible" viewpoint, so I won't append to that.

I will say that I stopped viewing 10/10 as a sign of perfection and more as a sign of the best that I've experienced personally. In other words, 10/10 is just a personal benchmark to which I compare later experiences to, and anything less means I enjoyed it that much less than the 10/10 benchmark. The bottom of said scale, 1/10, would be for things that I couldn't bring myself to continue to watch, and for reasons that weren't completely subjective. Right now my current 1/10 was so forgettable that I can't even remember what it was called, so it's not even on my list.

That being said, I feel that 10/10 is too small a scale for to be accurate. For me 100/100 is the lowest comfortable scale for such a distinction. So while I currently have 3 10/10's on my list, only one of those is a 100/100, whereas the others are rounded up.
Jun 27, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2016
No such thing as a flawless anime. Even if I score it a 10/10. I believe that in anime, as in life, there are only perfect moments. They shine like comets and then fade back into the night. It's moments like that I live for and why I watch anime.
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Jun 27, 2016 11:37 PM
Jun 2016
No, nothing is perfect, but its pretty damn close.
Jun 27, 2016 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
lalabella said:
There is no such thing as a flawless or perfect anime, end of story.
thats subjective. whats flawless to me is flawless to me and thats all that matter since im the one observing.
Jun 27, 2016 11:57 PM

Jul 2010
The rating 10 is just a rating. Unfortunately, the masterpiece of this assessment will not be marked. For such a status requires a separate evaluation. And 10 - it is rather the need to appreciate the masterpieces, and a successful and high quality work in one direction.
May be some anime?
Jun 28, 2016 12:04 AM

Aug 2010
No, steins gate was hella boring at the beginning, yet it's a masterpiece to me. And it's not the only one I could quote there, but it's also really mainstream so I'm pretty sure lots of people will know what I'm talking about :D
Jun 28, 2016 12:12 AM

Aug 2010
Not really, a 10 to me is something like a personal favorite that I enjoyed and liked a lot.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 28, 2016 12:26 AM

May 2015
Mirotokiwa said:
There are only 2 flawless anime IMO Clannad AS and school days. which I both really liked. and they aren't the only 10/10 I've given so no.

School Days? Whoa. It's okay, but I found it too lacking in character development. Its idea is interesting, but it seemed to rely more on the shock value of it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 28, 2016 12:31 AM

Nov 2015
no piece of work is perfect as everything is made by humans who has deep flaws himself/herself. but the flaws can be minor to be overlooked and hence you give it a masterpiece (10)
Jun 28, 2016 12:33 AM

Sep 2015
It means it is my favorite at the end of the day but It does have a flaw or two or a let down moment, may it I found it by direct personal observation or after reading some reviews/info pages from internet that I agree with. But the other good merit exceeded and engulfed those flaws so I wasn't really bothered by that and simply ignored them. Not to mention other factors such us enjoyment, memorability and self-relating that gave huge leap at the score bar for me.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Jun 28, 2016 12:55 AM

Dec 2012
When I give something a 10, I'm accepting it for what it is. Unconditional love in spite of any flaws or faults it could have from a more critical approach.
Jun 28, 2016 1:18 AM

Jan 2012
I don't know if I'd say flawless, but rather it's pros >>>>>>>>>>> cons.
Jun 28, 2016 1:52 AM

Jul 2012
The only series that i really love from the beginning until the end was Shinsekai Yori. My all time favo Gintama get the 10 after the Benizakura arc.

Jun 28, 2016 2:53 AM

Dec 2014
It's fine. Can't always be 100% you know?

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Jun 28, 2016 4:03 AM

Oct 2009
*inserts tumblr here*

....if it was very enjoyable and made you feel something (a lot lol), then I think it's a 10/10. Anime is an art.

Jun 28, 2016 5:37 AM

Aug 2014
Every man-made things are bound to failures and flaws including animes so 10/10(masterpiece) animes is not flawless but considered outstanding, very well made and enjoyable.
Beside the true value and beauty of an anime lies to the eyes of the be holder. Anything that is flawless for oneself may not be for others.
So, masterpiece(10) animes is not flawless. End of story.
The Newbie Club , Kurakumi
Yesterday had passed, Today have arrived, Tomorrow has yet to come
~Kaihaku_Reki~
Jun 28, 2016 5:39 AM

Feb 2013
i find it funny how the first post from each page says basically the same thing... along with like 90% of the replies

LeBestWeeb said:
I don't think anything is flawless. I give a 10 to shows I greatly enjoyed, I will always remember and that had an impact on me and how I feel/see things.

flannan said:
Flawless?
What the hell are you talking about? This is reality, and nothing is ever flawless here.

lalabella said:
Jun 28, 2016 5:57 AM

Jun 2016
I give 10 to anime with 12 ep. (or 24, just less episodes) that was able to make an impression with this small amount of ep. or to anime with a lot of episodes that was able to keep me watching it till the end.
kolaponJun 28, 2016 6:46 AM
Jun 28, 2016 6:01 AM

Apr 2016
To me, 10 isn't absolute perfection, but a true taste of what it's like to have no real faults. That's why nothing can achieve it, or if it does, it's a miracle. It's like Gilgamesh chasing after Saber. He knows it's fruitless, but enjoys the fruitless mess because it is fun and will lead him to some interesting sights he's not seen before.

A 9 will invariably have some faults, but a 10 must have none, or at least, none that ate even remotely big.
Jun 28, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
No, there's never gonna be a real 10/10 anime. I score 10's to the anime that I really loved despite its flaws.
Jun 28, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2013
I never gave 10/10, nothing is perfect.

Jun 28, 2016 6:11 AM

Jun 2016
I don't think that a work can be totally flawless, I mean, nothing is.
For an anime to get a 10 outta me it has to be remarkable and greatly enjoyable to overlook some flaws it might have.
For me to have a 10 it has to have a really great original story and well structured characters, along with fitting settings and a well paced story.
Which is super difficult to find.
Anything that is a little bit lower than that will be less than a 10.
But hey that's my criteria.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Jun 28, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2014
I consider a 10 perfect in my eyes, it doesn't need to be for other people.
Jun 28, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2015
Nope. Everything can improve even if it's just a few small things.
"Move as swiftly as the wind"
"Stay as silent as the forest"
"Strike as fierce as the fire"
"Undefeated like the mountain"
Jun 28, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2014
moodie said:
lalabella said:
thats subjective. whats flawless to me is flawless to me and thats all that matter since im the one observing.

Well I don't believe in perfection but whatever.
Jun 28, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2015
Well if you consider 10 a perfect show then nothing will be a 10 because everything as flaws no matter how small they are.
Even if you personally find a show perfect there will be others who will find something wrong with it.
But you should score according to what you think, if you consider something a 10 just give it a 10.
Jun 28, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2015
A masterpiece needs imperfections
Jun 28, 2016 8:56 AM

Jun 2016
Nothing is flawless, but some things come close.
Jun 28, 2016 9:01 AM

Oct 2011
Not really, I consider a show 10 when it has a lot of great qualities that the flaws can be negligible or overlooked due to little significance to the overall impact.
Jun 28, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2015
A 10/10 is a show that I've looked hard to find the problems I know are in there, but for the life of me, I couldn't find it.

So in a sense yes, I do find masterpieces to be flawless but that's only because I don't see any flaws. We all know that work itself will always be imperfect. The pros need to outweigh the cons to the point of making them invisible. Still there, but hard to spot.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Jun 28, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
For me, a 10 is anything I can read/watch 3 times and then come back for more.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

16 by Horizon248 »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

19 by Sorachin »»
8 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 7 hours ago

16 by redorzo »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

91 by AxiaG »»
10 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

36 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.